Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. (51952 Views)

Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. / Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids / Eight Powerful Photos Of A Bride-To-be Who Lost Her Fiance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by henryobinna(m): 9:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
nonxo007: 106-year old Armenian woman protecting her home with an AK-47. [1990]
haha... looking at me alone will freak this 106 lady out that she'll throw away the gun
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Mcowubaba: 9:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
pigin: bullet proof vest was invented by a woman
YEAR
Alphabet blocks
Adeline D. T. Whitney
Apgar tests, which evaluate a
baby’s health upon birth
Virginia Apgar
Chocolate-chip cookies
Ruth Wakefield
Circular saw
Tabitha Babbitt
Dishwasher
Josephine Cochran
Disposable diaper
Marion Donovan
Electric hot water heater
Ida Forbes
Elevated railway
Mary Walton
Engine muffler
El Dorado Jones
Fire escape
Anna Connelly
Globes
Ellen Fitz
Ironing board
Sarah Boone
Kevlar, a steel-like fiber used in
radial tires, crash helmets, and
bulletproof vests
Stephanie Kwolek
Life raft
Maria Beaseley
Liquid Paper®, a quick-drying
liquid used to correct mistakes
printed on paper
Bessie Nesmith
Locomotive chimney
Mary Walton
Medical syringe
Letitia Geer
Paper-bag-making machine
Margaret Knight
Rolling pin
Catherine Deiner
Rotary engine
Margaret Knight
Scotchgard™ fabric protector
Patsy O. Sherman
Snugli® baby carrier
Ann Moore
Street-cleaning machine
Florence Parpart
Submarine lamp and telescope
Sarah Mather
Windshield wiper
Mary Anderson
....thumbs up to women...
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by ToyinDipo(m): 9:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
What of people like Marie Curie, Dian Fossey...?
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by komek(m): 9:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
Everything the women did in the above photographs should be applauded. Wonderful women, I love them. Except that woman that was walking with a gay. She and her son shud be caught and jail for 14yrs. Nonsense. Encouraging gayism since First world war.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by tareigns(m): 10:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
Blockus:

[b]Afghanistan: $1,500
Afghanistan - Kabul: $1,500 for US issued Night Vision Goggles
Australia: $15,493 in Sydney
Average price of AK-47 worldwide: $534
Canada: $2,000 for handgun, $600 to rent
Europe: $400 to $900 for Rocket Launchers and AK-47s
Iraq - AK-47: $800, with model favored by Osama Bin Laden going for $2,000
Iraq - Rocket Launcher: $100 for Rocket Launcher, $50 per grenade
Iraq- Bullets: $0.15 to $0.45 per bullet
Israel - Grenade: $287
Mexico - AK-47: $1,400 by U.S. border / $3,000 in Southern Mexico
Mexico - Grenade: $100 to $500 for M67 Grenade
Niger Delta: $75 for AK-47
Philippines: $120 for .22 Caliber Magnum Black Widow
Profit in the U.S.: $500 for selling AK-47 to Mexican drug cartels
Somalia: $400 for authentic Russian AK-47 / $600 for North Korean model.
Sudan: $86 for AK-47, $33 for child
Syria: $2,100 for AK-47, $2,000 for RPG
Thailand: $2,600 for gun
United States: $400 in California's black market
United States - Small Pistol: $20 to $100 in Dallas, TX
United States - Straw Purchaser: Up to $500 per gun

http://www.havocscope.com/black-market-prices/ak-47/
[/b]
GUY.......who are you?..
FBI or CIA
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by 0955eb027(m): 10:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
@ OP; what abt d first woman to fly over d atlantic? Amelia Earhart
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Supremor(m): 10:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
More than 80 percent of the people listed have no contribution to world history. Title is quite misleading I expected to read of women who truly impacted the world with their acts
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Blockus: 10:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
tareigns: GUY.......who are you?..
FBI or CIA

One constant across nations at war remains cheap and readily available weapons.

The movie God of War explains why...
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
KillerBeauty: How that woman way they drink tea take change history
Help me ask the Op oh!
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by smithboela(m): 11:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
What of Rosa Parks
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by smithboela(m): 11:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
ABOUT ROSA PARKS
On December 1, 1955, in Montgomery, Alabama,
Parks refused to obey bus driver James F. Blake's
order that she give up her seat in the colored
section to a white passenger, after the white
section was filled. Parks was not the first person
to resist bus segregation. Others had taken
similar steps, including Irene Morgan in 1946,
Sarah Louise Keys in 1955, and the members of
the Browder v. Gayle lawsuit (Claudette Colvin,
Aurelia Browder, Susie McDonald, and Mary
Louise Smith) who were arrested in Montgomery
months before Parks. NAACP organizers believed
that Parks was the best candidate for seeing
through a court challenge after her arrest for civil
disobedience in violating Alabama segregation
laws, although eventually her case became
bogged down in the state courts while the
Browder v. Gayle case succeeded.[2][3]
Parks' act of defiance and the Montgomery Bus
Boycott became important symbols of the
modern Civil Rights Movement. She became an
international icon of resistance to racial
segregation. She organized and collaborated with
civil rights leaders, including Edgar Nixon,
president of the local chapter of the NAACP; and
Martin Luther King, Jr., a new minister in town
who gained national prominence in the civil
rights movement.
At the time, Parks was secretary of the
Montgomery chapter of the NAACP. She had
recently attended the Highlander Folk School, a
Tennessee center for training activists for
workers' rights and racial equality. She acted as a
private citizen "tired of giving in". Although
widely honored in later years, she also suffered
for her act; she was fired from her job as a
seamstress in a local department store.
Eventually, she moved to Detroit, where she
briefly found similar work. From 1965 to 1988
she served as secretary and receptionist to John
Conyers, an African-American U.S.
Representative. After retirement, Parks wrote
her autobiography and lived a largely private life
in Detroit. In her final years, she suffered from
dementia.
Parks received national recognition, including the
NAACP's 1979 Spingarn Medal, the Presidential
Medal of Freedom, the Congressional Gold
Medal, and a posthumous statue in the United
States Capitol's National Statuary Hall. Upon her
death in 2005, she was the first woman and
second non-U.S. government official to lie in
honor at the Capitol Rotunda.

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by deavicky(m): 11:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
So the world has changed like this! How was it before?
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by bolajialuku(m): 11:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
This granny's own too much nah,that gun poses more danger to her than her enemy
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by molas02: 11:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
my mother change history by givn birth to me.....infact big one
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by houseoffufu(m): 3:32am On Aug 28, 2014
chulla12: I guess Black women didn't change much in the world?

Objectively speaking....I would say Black American women were instrumental too in changing history.

An iconic photo of a black american lady attending an 'all white' school in Arkansas in light of de-segregation laws during the civil rights movement:

[img]http://aimlesswithpurpose.files./2011/11/two-women-of-little-rock.jpg[/img]

Great photo. Thanks for sharing that. She was one of the Little Rock (Arkansas) Nine who were the first 9 teenagers admitted in a previously all white school. They had a pretty hard time of it with some mean people and the FG had to call out the National Guard to protect them and even drive them back and forth from school. I think there's a video interview on YouTube with the young lady in the pic, 35 or 40 years later, but I can't find the link. She downplays it, but she was certainly pretty darn courageous!!
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by nickybayo(f): 4:28am On Aug 28, 2014
Nairaland used to be so much more. Now all we have are Misogynists and homophobic '*****' who think the world revolves around them. They keep reveling in the past glories of some other men but when all is said and done, these people are empty upstairs.... like 'pls kill me now I can't believe I'm talking to a human being' feeling.

Men invented A and B... Men, not you. As far as I am concerned, nobody is named 'men'. Your superiority is not a function of your gender. We have stupid men and these men go to show just how dumb they are each time they open their mouth.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by labykago: 4:44am On Aug 28, 2014
How these pix come take change the world naa? angry
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Missmossy(f): 5:07am On Aug 28, 2014
How nice! Wonderful women of virtue.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by DollyParton1(f): 6:23am On Aug 28, 2014
tivta: I have just one question to all you feminist. Are there any female inventors? I mean even 'ordinary' comb and g-string that women use a lot was invented by a man. For once I would like to see what a woman has invented to change history besides all this talk of FIRST woman to do this or do that. Its just too stale if you ask me.
BOY!!!! BOY!!!! BOY!!!! The world wide web is there for you, you know. Just Google it. And stop hating on women.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by AdeniyiA(m): 6:25am On Aug 28, 2014
nonxo007: 106-year old Armenian woman protecting her home with an AK-47. [1990]
can somebody tell me what this near-death woman is afraid of??
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Louis055(m): 7:01am On Aug 28, 2014
nonxo007: Winnie the Welder. [1943]
how can a picture taken by dis time be as clear is if it is a 2014 pic
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 28, 2014
KillerBeauty: How that woman way they drink tea take change history
Ah swear, I no understand most of this pics and how the women in them changed the world. Na this world wey dey lyk dz wey dem change?
Evn most of d women r nameless, jux careless funi pics naim Op carry full here. pls op, wots d samurai warriors' name?
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Louis055(m): 7:08am On Aug 28, 2014
DollyParton1:
BOY!!!! BOY!!!! BOY!!!! The world wide web is there for you, you know. Just Google it. And stop hating on women.
check dis http://outmentalfloss.com/article/53164/19-things-you-might-not-know-were-invented-women?bypass=1
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by mbhs139(m): 7:34am On Aug 28, 2014
50calibre:

I'm guessing this granny never actually fired that weapon, the recoil of an AK-47 is enough to throw her several feet backwards.

with that gun, she's more of a danger to herself than the intruder she's trying to fight off grin

If that woman had been a muslim, or that picture was taken from iraq, iran, egypt or syria, the story would've been different... your guess may, however, not as good as mine...
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by tivta(m): 8:03am On Aug 28, 2014
DollyParton1:
. Child mind your tongue, am sure am older than you. Why do you girls of today fail to see the truth? What a pity. I bet you can't stand next to the so called history shapers, just because you are a girl doesn't mean men should worship you. All the men throwing praises on women here will end up being polygamous so beware. After God made women to HELP men not rule men.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by tivta(m): 8:05am On Aug 28, 2014
Romancegirl:

What av u produced urself
I can produce the sperm that makes you what you are at any given age unlike you that will stop making babies at age 40.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by tivta(m): 8:09am On Aug 28, 2014
MisterLongman: . www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0906931.html...... That's it and pls stop being a misogynist
am not a woman hater I just hate when girls in nigeria of today feel they are special where as all they know is to chase after rich men. I love and admire the late. NAFDAC woman, she was a hero unlike girls of this indomie generation who only think of today.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 28, 2014
tivta: I can produce the sperm that makes you what you are at any given age unlike you that will stop making babies at age 40.

Who told all women stops making baby at 40?

Without an egg(ova) will your sperm fertilize?
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by mcfarlin(m): 8:11am On Aug 28, 2014
jnrbayano: Mother of our lord and saviour Jesus Christ.

The ultimate mother that ever lived.

smiley

And who told you that is mary's picture??

Continue to live in delusion.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by jnrbayano(m): 8:13am On Aug 28, 2014
mcfarlin:

And who told you that is mary's picture??

Continue to live in delusion.

Thanks fella.

Hope you agree that Mary is the most important woman that ever lived?

smiley
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by mcfarlin(m): 8:18am On Aug 28, 2014
jnrbayano:

Thanks fella.

Hope you agree that Mary is the most important woman that ever lived?

smiley

Does the bible say so?

Was she a christian?

Was jesus christ a christian?

Please answer me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hyzah, The Nigerian Rapper Drake Followed On Instagram / Ali Baba As MC At Fatima Dangote’s Wedding: The Challenges Faced By The Comedian / Tonto Dikeh And Churchill's Traditional Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.