Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Why Do We Have To Marry From Our Faith As Christians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Have To Marry From Our Faith As Christians? (904 Views)

ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity / Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? / Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Have To Marry From Our Faith As Christians? by uniqueama1(f): 9:19am On Aug 27, 2014
Pls I want to knw y most Christians want a partner of d same faith/denomination for marriage.Are we not one in Christ?So y wld pple or even Parent and sometimes d church encourage us to get married to someone who is of d same denominations with us?Others of other faiths are seen as not gud inof for a spiritual alliance.Cos of dis believe we have unconsciously imbibe dis tin of wanting to knw d faith of d person we r in a relationship with n to knw if it will be taken seriously or not!Is dis supposed to be so?Pls dis isn't abt inter-religion but inter-denominations.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry From Our Faith As Christians? by Sehindemi(f): 9:45am On Aug 27, 2014
uniqueama1: Pls I want to knw y most Christians want a partner of d same faith/denomination for marriage.Are we not one in Christ?So y wld pple or even Parent and sometimes d church encourage us to get married to someone who is of d same denominations with us?Others of other faiths are seen as not gud inof for a spiritual alliance.Cos of dis believe we have unconsciously imbibe dis tin of wanting to knw d faith of d person we r in a relationship with n to knw if it will be taken seriously or not!Is dis supposed to be so?Pls dis isn't abt inter-religion but inter-denominations.
Like seriously, I avn't heard we Christians had dis kinda mentality..
Christians hardly go against oda religions dese dayz not to talk of considering Faith bcoz our Church differs...
We're all serving 1 Almighty God.so all we pray & seek for is a rightful partner.
May God help Us!!!
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry From Our Faith As Christians? by Sanchez01: 12:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
It is not a necessity. However, it is advisable you choose from the same faith as you. Reasons for this are glaring and they could rob on you and your spouse later on. Often times, it results to clash of beliefs, ideology, church upbringing, level of faith, etc. I know of a church that does not believe there is God shocked. They believe Jesus is all and there is no God. The church in question does not believe in the Trinity! The reasons for denominations are best know to the founders of such churches but if you look closely, you would discover that the doctrines are different and some are devilish, blinded, deceived and short of understanding of the scriptures, and worst of all, dangerous. I'll be blunt here and I'll give a real life example:

A man and a woman of two different faiths got married. The lady was from a modern day Pentecostal and the man, from Jehovah Witness. They got married and lived wonderfully until something happened. A year after their marriage, the woman became pregnant and on the day of her delivery, she birthed her child but lost too many blood. She strolled to the point of death and the doctor called on the man and explained the whole thing to him, and that they needed blood to save the life of the woman. The husband, who shares the same blood group as the wife, refused and rejected the idea of passing blood to his wife. According to him, blood is life and God considered the blood of any animal sacred because it is life (True). The man claimed a miracle would happen because he knows God will step into the picture, without passing blood to the wife.

This went on for a while until the parents of the lady showed up the next day at the hospital, to save their daughter while the husband insisted his fath does not permit it. To cut the long story short, one of the parents donated blood and the woman's life was spared. OP, you raised the question and now I ask you one; God forbid, if you were the wife, what would you do after leaving the hospital?
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry From Our Faith As Christians? by Sehindemi(f): 12:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
Sanchez01: It is not a necessity. However, it is advisable you choose from the same faith as you. Reasons for this are glaring and they could rob on you and your spouse later on. Often times, it results to clash of beliefs, ideology, church upbringing, level of faith, etc. I know of a church that does not believe there is God shocked. They believe Jesus is all and there is no God. The church in question does not believe in the Trinity! The reasons for denominations are best know to the founders of such churches but if you look closely, you would discover that the doctrines are different and some are devilish, blinded, deceived and short of understanding of the scriptures, and worst of all, dangerous. I'll be blunt here and I'll give a real life example:

A man and a woman of two different faiths got married. The lady was from a modern day Pentecostal and the man, from Jehovah Witness. They got married and lived wonderfully until something happened. A year after their marriage, the woman became pregnant and on the day of her delivery, she birthed her child but lost too many blood. She strolled to the point of death and the doctor called on the man and explained the whole thing to him, and that they needed blood to save the life of the woman. The husband, who shares the same blood group as the wife, refused and rejected the idea of passing blood to his wife. According to him, blood is life and God considered the blood of any animal sacred because it is life (True). The man claimed a miracle would happen because he knows God will step into the picture, without passing blood to the wife.

This went on for a while until the parents of the lady showed up the next day at the hospital, to save their daughter while the husband insisted his fath does not permit it. To cut the long story short, one of the parents donated blood and the woman's life was spared. OP, you raised the question and now I ask you one; God forbid, if you were the wife, what would you do after leaving the hospital?
Honestly,It'z not gonna turn out well... sad
Nothing is new though!
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry From Our Faith As Christians? by Sanchez01: 5:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
Sehindemi:
Honestly,It'z not gonna turn out well... sad
Nothing is new though!
Exactly my point. It won't turn out well. It is best if people of the same get married to each other.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have To Marry From Our Faith As Christians? by walanter(m): 11:31pm On Oct 18, 2014
bec wen i talk she will understand my stand and not causing any issue ...in.other world ..she will giv me head while i drive ....jus try it out dol ...
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry From Our Faith As Christians? by debraleey: 12:48am On Oct 19, 2014
Well that part of the scriptures that says don't be unequally yoked with unbelievers can b referred to here...plus wouldn't be weird getting married to someone who feels ur faith will lead u to hell n u also feel ur spouse's faith will lead him/her to hell....even if it be an atheist....it will affect d kids....ppl say love is everything but forget that God is love...in other words we can say God is everything...relationship with God shld com b4 any emotional attachment....anything dat cld weaken d relationship with God or puncture ur faith shld be avoided....no need to compromise.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Guilty Of Destroying The Image Of The Country Abroad-tb JOSHUA / The Mystery Of Melchizedek Solved! / All Is Set For Our Daily Manna World Annointing Night At Tbs Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.