Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) (2620 Views)

Adeosun & Hameed-Ali Inspect New Technology For NCS At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport / Dogs And Baboons.. Buhari's Evis Are More Than Nnamdi Kanu's - Watch This Video / Does Ndigbo Have A Future With The Reasoning Of Igbo Youths Of Today?part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by emmysoftyou: 2:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
I ve travelled to the whole states in south eastern nigeria and
from what i've notice so far from the people of south eastern nigeria........
Is like they will rather prefer
or pay homage to the former president of biafra,chukwuemeka odumegwu ojukwu rather than former president of nigeria,dr nnamdi azikiwe...
So i ve been wondering why does ndigbo as a whole,
pay homage or respect to the erstwile president of biafra,
rather than the former ceremonial president of nigeria,
Dr nnamdi azikiwe....
And again,Is it because dr nnamdi azikiwe belief so much in one nigeria and never met the needs of the southeatern nigeria?

YOUR OPINION pls...............

1 Like

Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by chinasaekperem: 3:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
you guys have asked this question like 1million times, why do you want to know? haven't you gotten the answer before now?

7 Likes

Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by Idrismusty97(m): 3:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
Dictators are always respected at first, at lest until their full colour emerge i think. I wish to know too....
Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by shaboti: 3:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
My opinion is that you have to work on your english

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by chinasaekperem: 3:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
emmysoftyou: I ve travelled to the whole states in south eastern nigeria and
from what i've heard so far from the people of south eastern nigeria........
they said they will rather preferred
or pay homage to the former president of biafra warlord,chukwuemeka odumegwu ojukwu rather than former president of nigeria,dr nnamdi azikiwe...
So i ve being wondering as an igbo man why does ndigbo as a whole,
pay homage or respect to the erstwile president of biafra warlord,
Dim chukwuemeka odumegwu ojukwu rather than the former ceremonial president of nigeria,
Dr nnamdi azikiwe....
And again,Is it because dr nnamdi azikiwe belief so much in one nigeria and never met the needs of the southeatern nigeria?

he even claim to be an igboman

8 Likes

Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by tit(f): 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
How can you say they respect Ojukwu more than Azikiwe?
Igbo did not vote for Ojukwu in 2003 when he contest, but when Azikiwe contest in 2011, they vote him 99%.
The only problem they have is that he is not as strong as Awolowo. Azikiwe is neither hot nor cold. He can defect to APC again the way he defect from Nigeria to Biafra.

That is Azikiwe way.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
Respected? Lol
Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by valicious1(m): 4:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin God punish lord lugard and co
Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by size38: 5:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
Igbos who are inclined to war like Ojukwu. While those Igbos who are inclined to peace liked Azikiwe. But in all, Azikiwe is a true leader unlike Ojukwu who is seen by many both home and abroad as a Biafran terrorist.

5 Likes

Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
U shld be asking why they reject soludo and dora and embrace villians like stella odua, kalu, ebele..etc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by thwarrior72: 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
emmysoftyou: I ve travelled to the whole states in south eastern nigeria and
from what i've heard so far from the people of south eastern nigeria........
they said they will rather preferred
or pay homage to the former president of biafra warlord,chukwuemeka odumegwu ojukwu rather than former president of nigeria,dr nnamdi azikiwe...
So i ve being wondering as an igbo man why does ndigbo as a whole,
pay homage or respect to the erstwile president of biafra warlord,
Dim chukwuemeka odumegwu ojukwu rather than the former ceremonial president of nigeria,
Dr nnamdi azikiwe....

Get the fucccccck off here & go do something important with ur miserable life, or rather pick up some English text book undecided embarassed
Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
So many threads on WHY IGBOS DO THIS OR THAT, na waoh.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by EasternLeopard: 6:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
Ojukwu stood by the Igbos

Zik abandoned the Igbos

Ojukwu worked to re-unite his people with their good neighbours

Zik destroyed the friendship Igbos built over centuries with their neighbours

Ojukwu is more stable

Zik easily abandon his struggle

5 Likes

Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by emmysoftyou: 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
chinasaekperem: you guys have asked this question like 1million times, why do you want to know? haven't you gotten the answer before now?
lolx,am new and i ve not gotten the answer b4.pls tell me more and explain bera thanx
Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by emmysoftyou: 6:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
shaboti: My opinion is that you have to work on your english
tnx we re learning everyday but yu shu have pinpoint where u saw an errors.1love bro
Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
Another Igbophobic movement

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by chinasaekperem: 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
emmysoftyou: lolx,am new and i ve not gotten the answer b4.pls tell me more and explain bera thanx
like am allergic to explaining things all over again, how we go do am now
Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by emmysoftyou: 6:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
thwarrior72: Get the fck off here & go do something important with ur good life, or rather step up undecided embarassed
bros we no dey quarrel b4..they dnt talk to people rudely...and precise am not jobless...wel i forgive u but look at the way yu spelt warrior.{thwarrior}.pls go pick up a text book too and learn how to spell.lol wasted s...
Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
Zik had the chance to correct the mistake of the criminals from foreign lands who joined us to Jihardists!

Ojukwu sort had to separate us for the unfortunate and disastrous union!

Zik's vision of "one" Nigeria (whatever that means) is dead!
Ojukwu's vision of Biafra is very much alive!

5 Likes

Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by emmysoftyou: 6:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
tit: How can you say they respect Ojukwu more than Azikiwe?
Igbo did not vote for Ojukwu in 2003 when he contest, but when Azikiwe contest in 2011, they vote him 99%.
The only problem they have is that he is not as strong as Awolowo. Azikiwe is neither hot nor cold. He can defect to APC again the way he defect from Nigeria to Biafra.

That is Azikiwe way.
lol,it s not jonathan o
Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by emmysoftyou: 7:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
DikeOha882: Respected? Pls Modify it
i ve done that lol
Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by Ngwakwe: 7:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: U shld be asking why they reject soludo and dora and embrace villians like stella odua, kalu, ebele..etc

You just made irreconcilable statements

You mean Ngige doesn't deserve the seat or what are you insinuating. We know his tract record in local politics and every genuine politician thinks local (about the grassroot).

Moreover, so far so good, Gov. Willie Obiano is doing fine and great, has attracted investments and Federal presence to Anambra State, spread development, restored sanity and security among others.

How sure are you that Prof Soludo would've been better?

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by Noneroone(m): 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
I go for Zik anytime, anyday.
UNN and Niger bridge Onitsha are his legacies.
Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
I respect neither of them....
Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by nextexcel: 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
Idrismusty97: Dictators are always respected at first, at lest until their full colour emerge i think. I wish to know too....
now that a fool have answered you? Are you ok??
Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by emmysoftyou: 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nobleval: I respect neither of them....
why ?you re not a sadist bro, So which one do u respect?
Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 27, 2014
emmysoftyou: why ?you re not a sadist bro, So which one do u respect?
None. Why should I? Smh...I respect nobody.
Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
If you see ojukwu's eyes, they no go tell you to respect am
Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
noblezone: Zik had the chance to correct the mistake of the criminals from foreign lands who joined us to Jihardists!

Ojukwu sort had to separate us for the unfortunate and disastrous union!

Zik's vision of "one" Nigeria (whatever that means) is dead!
Ojukwu's vision of Biafra is very much alive!

But Ojukwu tried to be Senator and President of this one Nigeria u seem to hate so much.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by thwarrior72: 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
emmysoftyou: bros we no dey quarrel b4..they dnt talk to people rudely...and precise am not jobless...wel i forgive u but look at the way yu spelt warrior.{thwarrior}.pls go pick up a text book too and learn how to spell.lol wasted s...
Hahahaha I ain't quarrelling with ya,I simply pointed out something for ya, by the way there's no mistake in my user name. My original moniker thewarrior was baned & I want to retain it, by taken e out cheesy tongue
Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by emmysoftyou: 9:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
i hear you ....
but yu neva answer my question...
Re: Why Does Ndigbo Respect Ojukwu More Than Nnamdi Azikiwe (your View) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
tit: How can you say they respect Ojukwu more than Azikiwe?

That is Azikiwe way.

Oga biko are you high

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Reason Why Jonathan Must Go In 2015 / Ben Carson Declares For US President Uses "A Breath Of Fresh Air" / BREAKING: Fulanis Suspend Leader For Endorsing Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.