Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,615 members, 7,827,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? (29139 Views)

Photos: What Will Be Your First Reaction / Nairalanders Happy Birthday To My Little Daughter..lizzy / My Wife Just Told Me She Has A Boyfriend And That There Is Nothing ℓ̊ Will Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by kenex4ever(m): 9:40am On Sep 22, 2014
Blazing99: As long as they aren't having sex . I got no problem with that.

Will she call u when dey want to have sex
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by valdes00(m): 9:40am On Sep 22, 2014
Haaa... Sum ppl can lie, see as everybody dey talk... I wil b her friend, I will do dis, do dat...... Mak that tym reach first, all ur settings go first scatter... Especially if the guy don knack her kitten...
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by 50calibre(m): 9:42am On Sep 22, 2014
mstik: Did you read the post well? Your daughter that is going through puberty(probably around 12 or 13 years) has an older boyfriend?? Nothing is wrong with having a boyfriend(but at a mature age) and I don't think a parent is being rigid or uptight when they freak out when their little girl is keeping boyfriends.

Oh i see!! In that case, there's a problem especially if he's much older (like the post says)

However if they're within the same age, I don't think id care much as long as they're strictly supervised. I rarely come across 12/13 year old girls these days who don't have boyfriends.
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by Timoleon(m): 9:44am On Sep 22, 2014
Most people saying I will seat her down and tell her the truth about boys, I will talk to her bla bla, I will tell her my story(seriously?) How many of u didn't know about buys and stil went on to create dat ur story? Many of u were even sat down yet u met him at d back of d house. Truth is children these days already know by the time they r 10 whc truth remain? God help u u av a very inquisitive daughter after u r done talking she says okay to ur face and her mind be like 'I will stil try it'.
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by fpeter(f): 9:45am On Sep 22, 2014
lilmax: Thats not my daughter

Typical 9ja papa reaction
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by stanconnect(m): 9:53am On Sep 22, 2014
That's the more reason why it's good to educate them on issues like this on time..feel free with them...let them know the dangers they might be faced with once they indulge into it @ the wrong time..feel free with them so they can also be free to ask u lots of questions relating to stuffz like this.

Most parents will feel that hiding such stuffs away from their children will make them a better parents but that's not true...ur sharing it with them on time will enable them to handle it better once the situation tends to occur in future. #myopinion
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by eddie1(m): 9:56am On Sep 22, 2014
ib4real95: Itz just better not to give birth to a female.. 2 boys are ok for me!

Just my thought all through my life before the scan showed a baby girl, now 2 months old and if palmistry is anything to go by, next kid is gonna be a girl. I love my Lil princess, "better her than a gay son" I say to myself cheesy.

Back to the OP, I will tell her the truth about how young men view sex, let her not think he will marry her after she has donated herself... story for the gods.... reasonable comments needed on this thread, i'm actually clueless cry
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by MadCow1: 9:57am On Sep 22, 2014
I will Slap her mother.. angry

But seriously... The only thing I willl do is to be come her friend.. Become so close and open with her that she tells me stuff most girls would ordinarily not tell their fathers.

One thing about young girls is that when they start craving a male figure in their lives, it's mostly because their fathers are not readily asssesible to
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by MadCow1: 9:58am On Sep 22, 2014

But seriously... The only thing I willl do is to be come her friend.. Become so close and open with her that she tells me stuff most girls would ordinarily not tell their fathers.

One thing about young girls is that when they start craving a male figure in their lives, it's mostly because their fathers are not readily assessible to
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by holyfather(m): 10:02am On Sep 22, 2014
Kanwulia: Just take her to an abortion clinic to observe a LIFE PROCEDURE.

Simple! kiss

you're so on point here,my friend.
a million likes.
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by MadCow1: 10:03am On Sep 22, 2014

One thing about young girls is that when they start craving a male figure in their lives, it's mostly because their fathers are not readily assessible to them.. I will build our relationship to be like Man and smallie rather than the typical African father daughter relationship.. Any man in her life would have me to contend with.

Using force can be very counter productive. She may become secretive and that force would drive her more into the hands of that scumbag preying son of an Ekuke Biitch and that's when shiit goes very very wrong..

So I will simply get closer to her more as a friend than a father.

1 Like

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by PassingShot(m): 10:08am On Sep 22, 2014
Guykhena:
Solution VVVVV.

And she's taken for life even when she later becomes "available". grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by ddeston(m): 10:22am On Sep 22, 2014
I just sit down and wonder sometimes how parents thinks.

Okay first of all am a teen. And I am going to be talking based on experience.

The real truth is that even with goof parents who relates with their children very well. I still see responsible girls from good christian background who is well grounded still rushing to date even at a tender age.

No matter how u try to hide her or talk to her. She goes to school. And see her friends date cute guys . With teenage Pressure and all. And boys with sweet sugar coated tongue she would be tempted to misbehave.

But when the parents allow thier kids to date and get to know the boy. And relate with them properly advising the 2 of them. Together. You would be surprised at how well the child turns out.
Just my own point oooo

2 Likes

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by abdoolorunwa(m): 10:27am On Sep 22, 2014
a righteous child from righteous parents threads in the path of the righteous.our Lord is nobody's fool.they say train a child in a way he/she shld grow.so if d parents had met on clean circumstance i.e no sex b4 marriage,gave birth to her under d best circumstance i.e matrimonial communion.then they shldnt fear what daughter they have becos the Lord is wit her.having said dis, the best reaction to her insolence is to call her attention and warn her of the gud n evil in keeping a male friend.its not his fault he is attracted to her at her age. call his attention and if he is not +ve,threating him.do ur best n leave d rest.
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 22, 2014
I'll apply what ben carson's mum applied;talk to her,give her reasons nt to engage in such.
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:38am On Sep 22, 2014
foolish nigerians under religious influence still fighting against nature.

1 Like

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by dadarupees(m): 10:48am On Sep 22, 2014
Some niggas be like I will talk sense in her head. I will arrest d boy... I will lock her indoors.... My guys una don 4get d law of Karma.........after u don fire person pikin na u dey wan hide ur own abi... If u like put her under house arrest hand go still her cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by Oludrex(m): 10:48am On Sep 22, 2014
I will set up a meetin with the guy... Psycho analyse. Him then I will knw precisely how to handle the situation
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by ANIEXTY(m): 10:58am On Sep 22, 2014
snazzylove:
grin Just like your dad, mine will even apply hot pepper in you v.gna. But I won't tow that line, I'll rather sit her down and talk to her, and continue talking until my point is registered.
you putting pepper would nt solve the problem, just talk 2 her and let her know the dangers of it.
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by ANIEXTY(m): 11:00am On Sep 22, 2014
snazzylove:
grin Just like your dad, mine will even apply hot pepper in you v.gna. But I won't tow that line, I'll rather sit her down and talk to her, and continue talking until my point is registered.
you putting pepper would nt solve the problem, just talk 2 her and let her know the dangers of it. Or did u dad always do dat 2 u ?
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by ib4real95(m): 11:00am On Sep 22, 2014
eddie1:

Just my thought all through my life before the scan showed a baby girl, now 2 months old and if palmistry is anything to go by, next kid is gonna be a girl. I love my Lil princess, "better her than a gay son" I say to myself cheesy.

Back to the OP, I will tell her the truth about how young men view sex, let her not think he will marry her after she has donated herself... story for the gods.... reasonable comments needed on this thread, i'm actually clueless cry

Yea.. Actually female kids usually turnout to be d most caring in many scenarios.. Its then d responsibility of d parents to educate d daughters on sexual matters!
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by Blazing99: 11:10am On Sep 22, 2014
kenex4ever:

Will she call u when dey want to have sex

There are some few things we cannot stop. Our eyes cannot be on our kids 24/7. As a parent, you should know when you ward becomes sexually active. Most kiddies have relationships in the name of "Puppy Love" . Nothing wrong with that.
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by ladycomfort(f): 11:13am On Sep 22, 2014
It looks like the guys on nairaland are overprotective. What of the girls u slept with wen u guys were young. Karma
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by thebossman(m): 11:47am On Sep 22, 2014
will ask bring him over
grill him with questions in her absence
then talk to both of them
we'd play games and take them out

then talk to my girl on the rules of dating while still under my roof, no sex!!!
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by lagcity(m): 11:48am On Sep 22, 2014
ladycomfort: It looks like the guys on nairaland are overprotective. What of the girls u slept with wen u guys were young. Karma

Yes, they are protective because they never forked a 12 year old girl. At least i know i didn't, so nobody is touching mine grin
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by Kirinwa: 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
snazzylove:
Do humans still thread such barbaric paths? Just like a woman who forced her house he'll to seat on stove.

Offence? She urinated on bed.
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by Kirinwa: 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
snazzylove:
Do humans still thread such barbaric paths? Just like a woman who forced her house he'll to seat on hot stove.

Offence? She urinated on bed.
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by cybug: 12:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
maclatunji: Boyfriend? Trace the boy to his parents home and give the whole family a thorough tongue-lashing. As for the daughter, let us just say her schedule would become very busy indeed as she would have to give hourly reports when out of sight with full authentication of location and occupation at any point in time.

Yes, I am not nice about such things. My job is not to be nice but to provide proper guidance for her to develop into a decent woman useful to herself and society and the only reason she would leave my supervision is if she gets married. That is when I will get off her case.

LOL... You just reminded me of an army officer's daugher i once dated during my secondary school days...

With all the threats, tortures- frog jumps, locking me inside guard room for a day, bodyguarding his daughter with soldiers etc... What he was avoiding still happened between me and his daughter.

I was forming Emeka ike those days- the irresistible lover boy cheesy

the society we live in, is already polluted with immorality.

We should just try our best as parents, live the rest to God and prepare for the worst.

2 Likes

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by Mhizdimplez(f): 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
Yoruba people would say "ti o ba ti tó àkókò ti omodé ye kó ni okó, aa ni" (when a child deserves to have a hoe, s/he should be given)
I don't know if I got it right...It depends on what age the Op means by "little",anyway....

1 Like

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by Charles4075(m): 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
I'll hunt him down..

1 Like

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by erico2k2(m): 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2014
No comment grin grin grin
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by anyicee67(m): 12:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
I'll kill somebody.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria’s First Set Of Quintuplets Celebrate 17th Birthday / International Women's Day: 10 most influential women in Nigeria 2022 / Man Curses Out Families Who Squander Money Sent Home By Relatives Living Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.