Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. (1254 Views)

How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? / Why Do British Girls Love To Date Black Guys... / What Is Love All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by guyANDROID1: 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
Define love in one sentence/word

To me;

"Love Is an excuse, an alibi, a justification for sex. But its not something that should stop a man from keeping his promise."

Reason

Somebody that you claim you love today, you sweet-talk him/her and the next second you changed from being what you call yourself probably because you want to get laid. And some people will say; "love is blind", "Love endureth all things"...WTF undecided

Is that not an excuse? A justification for sex and selfishness?

Over to you guys. Define love in one words/sentence
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by KillerBeauty(f): 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
Don't exist
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by guyANDROID1: 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
KillerBeauty: Don't exist

If I happen to mark you exam script, then you have failed smiley coz that's not definition LOL smiley
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by KillerBeauty(f): 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
guyANDROID1:

If I happen to mark you exam script, then you have failed smiley coz that's not definition LOL smiley

The topic says what is love to your own understanding
That's my own understanding
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by itstpia1: 6:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
love has many definitions, which one are you looking for?
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by Crocz(m): 6:57pm On Aug 27, 2014
Love is never let go no matter what!

The truth is you only get a shot at "true love"...so don't ruin it for yourself
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by guyANDROID1: 7:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
itstpia1: love has many definitions, which one are you looking for?

The topic says "define love in your own understanding" smiley
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
KillerBeauty: Don't exist
GBAM!!!!
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by Tallesty1(m): 7:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
A woman once told me that LOVE is a lie used by girls to enjoy the money they didn't work for and by guys to get free sex.
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
Tallesty1: A woman once told me that LOVE is a lie used by girls to enjoy the money they didn'st work for and by guys to get free sex.

I can't stop laughing at dis mehn. cheesy
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by guyANDROID1: 7:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
edozie04: GBAM!!!!

GBAM!!!! Is your own definition undecided
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by Blockus: 7:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
Sex
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
guyANDROID1:

GBAM!!!! Is your own definition undecided
Am only supporting her opinion
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by onstelly(f): 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
Love is giving up ur own happiness for someone else happiness.

1 Like

Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
loving someone is giving him or her the power to hurt u and still believing that they wouldn't

1 Like

Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by Houseofglam7(f): 7:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
Love,really cannot be defined.
If one could, where would the mystery be?

To me, love is not meant to be understood, its meant to be experienced.

1 Like

Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
love is when you relax ur head on her shoulder, and u get lost in her; when u want to get inside her body; she mesmerizes u; you cry for her without a reason; you value her more than urself,and then, a feeling u want to worship her

1 Like

Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by itstpia1: 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
guyANDROID1:

The topic says "define love in your own understanding" smiley

Are you referring to infatuation, lust, etc?

My own definition of love is 1 Cor 13.
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
Tallesty1: A woman once told me that LOVE is a lie used by girls to enjoy the money they didn't work for and by guys to get free sex.
In the original scheme of things, sex wasn't meant to be payed for.
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by guyANDROID1: 8:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
Houseofglam7: Love,really cannot be defined.
If one could, where would the mystery be?

To me, love is not meant to be understood, its meant to be experienced.

Hmmm nice one
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by Tallesty1(m): 8:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
RuudNisterooy: In the original scheme of things, sex wasn't meant to be payed for.
When it is with your wife. In the original scheme of things, we are not supposed to have sex before marriage.
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by guyANDROID1: 8:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
RuudNisterooy: In the original scheme of things, sex wasn't meant to be payed for.

Yeah you're right coz it is enjoy by both parties

Maybe in coming generations, women will pay guys to get laid smiley coz things are changing fast as time tick
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by guyANDROID1: 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
itstpia1:

Are you referring to infatuation, lust, etc?

My own definition of love is 1 Cor 13.

Anyone you wish
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by guyANDROID1: 8:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
emtimes: love is when you relax ur head on her shoulder, and u get lost in her; when u want to get inside her body; she mesmerizes u; you cry for her without a reason; you value her more than urself,and then, a feeling u want to worship her

Hahahah cheesy
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by jnrbayano(m): 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
The answer you seek is very simple.

God is Love = Love is God!

In case you don't know who God is, God epitomises, "selflessness".

In my own understanding, love is selflessness. Put differently, a sacrifice of someone's advantages to make another becomes advantageous/better/happier without wanting anything in return.

smiley
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by guyANDROID1: 8:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
jnrbayano: The answer you seek is very simple.

God is Love = Love is God!

In case you don't know who God is, God epitomises, "selflessness".

In my own understanding, love is selflessness. Put differently, a sacrifice of someone's advantages to make another becomes advantageous/better/happier without wanting anything in return.

smiley

Selflessness? Hmmm
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by ijechikky(f): 8:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
Love is wen u tell her dat u love her grin
And she doesn't reply'i love u too'just like a normal person
Instead she'll laff,shake her head,give u a lill smile and say""""You are an Idiot*
If she tells you are an Idiot..
You are a Lucky Man grin grin
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by jnrbayano(m): 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
guyANDROID1:

Selflessness? Hmmm

Are you a hmmming machine? smiley

C'mon bro, lay your opinion about it bare.
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by keypad1: 8:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
love is a preconceived idea we create in our subconscious mind which can also be destroy due to the fact that we dont want it to exist in us. It can later be reliven and channel to another person we claim to like or the qualities we see in them.

Like big nyash....i no dey ooooo
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by guyANDROID1: 9:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
jnrbayano:

Are you a hmmming machine? smiley

C'mon bro, lay your opinion about it bare.

If you read what I posted, I made mention of "selfish". You should read meaning to that and what is happening in our world this days
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by guyANDROID1: 9:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
keypad1: love is a preconceived idea we create in our subconscious mind which can also be destroy due to the fact that we dont want it to exist in us. It can later be reliven and channel to another person we claim to like or the qualities we see in them.

Like big nyash....i no dey ooooo

Hahaha, you're lost bro grin
Re: What Is Love To Your Own Understanding. by jnrbayano(m): 9:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
guyANDROID1:

If you read what I posted, I made mention of "selfish". You should read meaning to that and what is happening in our world this days

I thought your Op asked for a definition of love from individual understanding.

I commented according to my understanding and if you ask me again I'm gonna tell you the same.

If you want a different answer, then make your question different too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Lady In My Church Prophesy During All Night Service About Me Being Her Husband / Ladies Behaviour In Public Transport (anoying) / Revealed: Five Top Traits In A Man That Women Find Hard To Resist..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.