Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,440 members, 7,958,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:19 PM

Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? (5364 Views)

Is It Good To Slap Or Hit A Wife Who Has Bad Mouth.?? / 4 Good Reasons For A Man To Hit A Woman / Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 12:35pm On Aug 28, 2014
SAMBARRY: if you are the one sewing a particular clothing for days and the owner has come to threaten fire and brimstone and raise all manner of insult on the tailors head and probably you have almost finished the job which you have been paid for then a child comes to ruin it. Won't you transfer the inbuilt anger on the child. If that child was mine I will slap him his head will hit the wall and insult whoever is coming to interfere.

I am putting myself in that tailors shoe so I understand where she is coming from. She knows the owner of the cloth will not take it easy with her and the so called old man won't be there when she's receiving insults however I don't subscribe to violence. And that is the only thing the woman did wrong but I support every form of insult the man received
Your post makes sense but your points are based on assumptions.

You don't support any form of violence but you support the woman slapping her child for stepping on a dress, and you support all the insults the man recieved Are you a lawyer.?
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by SAMBARRY: 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
Tallesty1: Your post makes sense but your points are based on assumptions.

You don't support any form of violence but you support the woman slapping her child for stepping on a dress, and you support all the insults the man recieved Are you a lawyer.?
did the insult threaten his life or kill him? No be me get my child. I can do WHATEVER I want to do with him because he's my child and no body has a right to interfere .

my post are based on assumptions because I know what tailors face.it serves him right. You don't interfere when husband and wife are fighting in the same vein you don't interfere when mother and Child are fighting
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by beeevan: 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
bukatyne:

Exactly!

The father was wrong to question the mother's disciplinary methods in front of the child corrected undecided

@OP: This your story does not do well for your cause because the husband tore the clothes she was sewing after she kept mute

It is wrong to hit a lady except if she hits you first in a non-violent confrontation

Agreed!
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by SAMBARRY: 1:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yes she won't answer because it is a very stoopeed question.it is as stoopeed as asking a man why he's having sex with his wife however every other thing she did was in point except slaping the man
onirugbon1:

And this warranted 2 doses of chloroquine slaps for the small boy in a day? cheesy
Bad way to relate to a son as a mother. Unfortunately she forgot the boy has a father who won't watch him get unnecessarily abused.

Besides why didn't she respond when queried about the second slap...which she landed on the boy just out of anger and pure hatred. Should she kill the boy because she was bothered about her customer's property?

Her action really can't be justified. If you are willing to advise such a woman, tell her she was very wrong. cheesy

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
SAMBARRY: Yes she won't answer because it is a very stoopeed question.it is as stoopeed as asking a man why he's having sex with his wife however every other thing she did was in point except slaping the man[color=#990000][/color]

Oh ok.

If it was an elderly man who heard the slap and came in to ask that question, would it still be a stoopeed question?

Besides....Did you read the whole story? The second slap landed the boy on the floor. and that is ok? Hmmm sambarry I fear you o. cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
striktlymi: I believe it depends on the scenario. Under normal circumstances, it is never right for a man to hit a woman, even when the woman hits the man first. This is not saying what the woman did is right. If the man hit the woman because the woman hit him first then both parties are guilty of wrong doing.

However, there may be some other cases where hitting a woman may just be the only thing left to do for the man. If the lady threatens the man with deadly force, such that his life is in danger then he has every right to defend himself. Hitting a lady when one's life is threatened is not wrong in my books.

Hitting the lady should be the last resort after other avenues have failed e.g is it possible for the man to get away without endangering his life? If it is then this should be the better option to hitting the lady.

#Ladies are not always the weaker sex when it comes to brutal strength.

Women hardly hit men, they attack ferociously. It is a man that gives a harmless hit just to reset his woman brain but her response is always catastrophic.

Hitting a woman is entirely wrong if it is avoidable but certainly the best option in a precarious situation.

I know of a woman who was shouting on the husband, disturbing the neighbourhood. The husband picked his car keys, try to leave his house to avoid the confrontation, but the woman quickly seize the car keys and dropped it into the WC, lock the door behind him and held him on the collars almost suffocating him shouting in the process: "useless man, where do you think you are going? You are not man enough to challenge your fears". The husband totally avoided her until she land a slap on the man. He was so infuriated that he landed back a dirty slap on her. The woman started shouting, wailing and calling neighbours alleging the man is a wife beater, irresponsible and weak hearted. Imagine!

The husband was so enraged that he got so angry and started destroying properties in his house just to create fear in his wife for her to open the door to facilitate his escape from her. After the door was finally flung open for peace keepers and rampaging wanna be men who wanted to teach the wife beater a lesson, lo and behold...the man was drench in blood, naked and bite mark all over his body while the shouting and "wife beater" coroner was intact and unruffled. Everyone became dumbfounded!

Anyway that incident ended the marriage even after pleading upon pleading from the woman and her people.

If a man is faced with such situation, I wonder how he could restrain from such threat. The said man was even merciful he only returned a slap before he was plummeted.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
SAMBARRY: did the insult threaten his life or kill him? No be me get my child. I can do WHATEVER I want to do with him because he's my child and no body has a right to interfere.
So your child is your child alone and not his own? Choi! People sef. You do not have any right, I repeat you do not have any right to do Whatever you like with him. You could be jailed for being too harsh on your kids.
SAMBARRY: my post are based on assumptions because I know what tailors face. it serves him right. You don't interfere when husband and wife are fighting in the same vein you don't interfere when mother and Child are fighting
Husband and wife are not supposed to fight. Ignoring your husband in the presence of his visitors is as deadly as poisoning his food.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by SAMBARRY: 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
Tallesty1: So your child is your child alone and not his own? Choi! People sef. You do not have any right, I repeat you do not have any right to do Whatever you like with him. You could be jailed for being too harsh on your kids.
Husband and wife are not supposed to fight. Ignoring your husband in the presence of his visitors is as deadly as poisoning his food.
I don't have any right to do whatever I like with him because I came to collect money for antenatal from you or money for diaper . That's right.in Nigeria? Very funny undecided

the rest is none of my business undecided
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by SAMBARRY: 1:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
I will tell him to mind his business because it's not his son I slapped. In fact if his noise is too much I will start singing for him.
onirugbon1:

Oh ok.

If it was an elderly man who heard the slap and came in to ask that question, would it still be a stoopeed question?

Besides....Did you read the whole story? The second slap landed the boy on the floor. and that is ok? Hmmm sambarry I fear you o. cheesy cheesy

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by bukatyne(f): 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
beeevan:

Agreed!

You must pay me agreement fee lipsrsealed

My bank account details are ... loading tongue
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
SAMBARRY: I don't have any right to do whatever I like with him because I came to collect money for antenatal from you or money for diaper . That's right.in Nigeria? Very funny undecided

the rest is none of my business undecided
Calm down dear, this is not between you and I, ok?? I'm not your husband.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
SAMBARRY: I will tell him to mind his business because it's not his son I slapped. In fact if his noise is too much I will start singing for him.

hehehehe I understand you perfectly. Nobody can dictate to you not to correct your boy especially in Nigeria where necessary laws concerning this are not provided.

but that is not the issue.

The issue is that the woman transferred aggression on the boy and slapped him a second time, knowing that it would infuriate the father. You are a woman and you know damn well that that second slap was born out of sheer anger, retaliation and bitterness. I just don't see why you should defend such bad parenting.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by cococandy(f): 2:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
SAMBARRY: No be me get my child. I can do WHATEVER I want to do with him because he's my child and no body has a right to interfere .

Wrong. Very very wrong

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by damiso(f): 2:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
SAMBARRY: if you are the one sewing a particular clothing for days and the owner has come to threaten fire and brimstone and raise all manner of insult on the tailors head and probably you have almost finished the job which you have been paid for then a child comes to ruin it. Won't you transfer the inbuilt anger on the child. If that child was mine I will slap him his head will hit the wall and insult whoever is coming to interfere.
I am putting myself in that tailors shoe so I understand where she is coming from. She knows the owner of the cloth will not take it easy with her and the so called old man won't be there when she's receiving insults however I don't subscribe to violence. And that is the only thing the woman did wrong but I support every form of insult the man received

@bolded I know sometimes spur of the moment reactions are unavoidable with children but really really smacking of kids should not be reactionary or out of anger but to correct. What if the child's head hits the wall and he gets hurt? All those horror stories we hear of people killing their children accidentally are not all psychos some were transferred aggression that ended wrongly.

P.S I am not saying children should not be smacked.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by beeevan: 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
bukatyne:

You must pay me agreement fee lipsrsealed

My bank account details are ... loading tongue

grin
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by AriDsexy(f): 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
onirugbon1:

hehehehe I understand you perfectly. Nobody can dictate to you not to correct your boy especially in Nigeria where necessary laws concerning this are not provided.

but that is not the issue.

The issue is that the woman transferred aggression on the boy and slapped him a second time, knowing that it would infuriate the father. You are a woman and you know damn well that that second slap was born out of sheer anger, retaliation and bitterness. I just don't see why you should defend such bad parenting.
Thank you,really bad parenting and to think that she was the first person to hit her husband,na wa o....that woman is a trouble maker.My own opinion.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
TribalEAST: the man did the best thing by descending his anger on the cloth instead of her when she ignored his presence. Do you now think she was right to have slapped someone strong enough to beat the living daylight out of her?

He had offended her. I don't think her mute mouth warranted the tearing of her project by his hand. I'm not surprised by her resultant anger and rain of insults, but she definitely should've kept her hands to herself (as he should've). That is clear to see.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Godmystrength: 7:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
slapping children is not the best form of correction. but who knows? Some chilren are very stubborn and maybe mother has been warning child severally but because child knows that he can always report mummy to daddy and daddy will scold mummy, he decided not to listen.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Godmystrength: 7:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
child could have exaggerated the slap because he knew daddy was outside and would come to his aid. even a slight push can be exaggerated just to add effect. you can't trust these children.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 7:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
Godmystrength: child could have exaggerated the slap because he knew daddy was outside and would come to his aid. even a slight push can be exaggerated just to add effect. you can't trust these children.
It was the sound that caught our attention.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Godmystrength: 7:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
for the second child's slap, we dont know what happened. Mummy also wrong to slap. She probably likes slapping. Wont be her first time of slapping the children around so she and hubby needs to sort this out in private and not outside.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Godmystrength: 7:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
wifey keeping mute when been questioned by hubby shows she is ANGRY but trying to avoid public display of anger since she might not be able to control her reaction. hubby should have left her alone when she didnt answer just to avoid trouble.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Godmystrength: 7:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
hubby tearing the cloth shows the kind of person he is. which would he have preferred: Wifey keeping mute, or she responding and insulting him in
the process in the presence of outsiders. He should have left her cloth alone.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Godmystrength: 8:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
wife shouldnt have slapped hubby no matter what. but maybe that was why she was mute because she knew what she is capable of doing when angry. hubby knows her too and still tried her. she was WRONG to slap her hubby.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
Godmystrength: wifey keeping mute when been questioned by hubby shows she is ANGRY but trying to avoid public display of anger since she might not be able to control her reaction. hubby should have left her alone when she didnt answer just to avoid trouble.
This is more like hitting a child and telling him not to cry. She doesn't want "public" display yet she went ahead and disobeyed her husband in "public". Everyone should learn self control? Why didn't she wait until we are gone
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Godmystrength: 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
yeye children, yeye husband and yeye wife. they ended up disgracing their family. they fit each other.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by raumdeuter: 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
@Topic, If your life is threatened or there might be grievious bodily harm to the man

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 8:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
Godmystrength: yeye children, yeye husband and yeye wife. they ended up disgracing their family. they fit each other.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 8:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
raumdeuter: @Topic, If your life is threatened or there might be grievious bodily harm to the man
Otherwise it is a NO NO?
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
Godmystrength: yeye children, yeye husband and yeye wife. they ended up disgracing their family. they fit each other.

cheesy cheesy cheesy Godmystrenght you are nuts cheesy
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Godmystrength: 8:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
@Tallesty1, hubby scolds in public and wife disobey in public 1-1, hubby questions wife and wife keeps mute 1-1, hubby tears cloth, wife slaps hubby 1-1. They are all made for each other
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Godmystrength: 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
@Tallesty1, the woman was INSIDE d house and all of you plus the husband waka from OUTSIDE to meet her INSIDE. Why didn't d hubby wait for all of u to go? No be today she start to dey slap d man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fathers-daughters Bond / Why Are Nigerians Terrified Of Gay Marriages In America? / Is There Anything As A ‘christian Girl’ In A Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.