Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,803 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks (1194 Views)

Ejiro Adigbo Advises Governor Wike On What Next To Do. / Chibok Girls Survivors, Now In Oregon Boarding School, Share Their Stories (Pics / Koye Olu Ibukun The ECOWAS DIPLOMAT Who Moved Ebola To Port Harcourt Photo! (2) (3) (4)

FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by 9jahubcom(m): 10:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
The Federal Ministry of Health has advised men who were treated and discharged of Ebola virus to avoid s*xual intercourse for at least seven weeks.

Dr Bridget Okoeguale, Director, Department of Public Health, gave the advice during interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Wednesday.

Okoeguale said this was in line with protocols issued by the World Health Organisation (WHO).

“There are many literatures that say that after men are infected, when the virus is not found in the blood, it tends to stay in the semen for about seven weeks to three months.

“What we did according to the WHO protocol is that we made sure that when the men are discharged they are given enough condoms, if they cannot abstain for that period.

“We advise them to abstain from s*x but where they cannot abstain, they are provided condoms and after the (abstinence) period, we double test to make sure they are free,” she said.

On the treatment of Ebola patients, Okoeguale said no drugs or vaccinations were given to them, adding that health authorities had complied with WHO treatment protocol.

Okoeguale said everybody had his/her own body reaction, “so our own is to help build their immunity, give them fluid to replace lost fluid through vomiting and diarrhoea.”

She explained that the patients were also placed on electrolyte by intravenous fluid to avoid dehydration, adding that those who were anaemic had blood transfusion.

“That is the supportive care that has helped us to be able to discharge more than five people,” Okoeguale said.

The director also advised the general public to avoid crowded social gathering.

“We are not advising people not to go to club or bar but if you have to just remember that you must keep your hands clean, avoid contact with as many people as possible.”

She urged Nigerians not to consider the disease as a death sentence and that recent cases had shown survival rates for patients were high with early detection and treatment.

[NAN]

Source
Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by eunisam: 10:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
Sex is not food,i can even abstain for seven years or even forever if that will save my life.

Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by equlibrium(m): 10:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
Hahaha...
Nigeria is on a long tin den
cos dis guys culdnt wait to get out of containment center to go and shine kongo men grin
Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by Waspy(m): 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
7 months shocked shocked shocked shocked na masturbat.ion be solution be that na

Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin
Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by lilprinze: 11:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
Just 7 month its even small sef as far as I would still be alive their is no problem
Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by IGBOSON1: 12:22am On Aug 28, 2014
eunisam: Sex is not food,i can even abstain for seven years or even forever if that will save my life.

^^^Bros, that's the 'sensible' you talking! wink

Just wait till a beautiful temptress comes knocking on the door and you try that 'abstention' line with your dic/k......it'll tell you you're on your own, drag you to the door, and stand at attention as it welcomes the august visitor in with a cheeky grin! smiley

Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by greatgod2012(f): 12:47am On Aug 28, 2014
@op and others above me, it's 7 weeks and not 7 months. Read the body of the thread please.

However, even if it's a year of abstinence, i think it's only when one is alive that one can enjoy seks............so, life first, othe things follow.
Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by Nobody: 1:12am On Aug 28, 2014
Will they agree to wait
They will soon go and father aliens while infecting their wives

Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by Nobody: 1:27am On Aug 28, 2014
IGBOSON1:

Just wait till a beautiful temptress comes knocking on the door and you try that 'abstention' line with your dic/k......it'll tell you you're on your own, drag you to the door, and stand at attention as it welcomes the august visitor in with a cheeky grin! smiley
Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by Truckpusher(m): 2:24am On Aug 28, 2014
See punishment grin
Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by Truckpusher(m): 2:27am On Aug 28, 2014
babyosisi: Will they agree to wait
They will soon go and father aliens while infecting their wives
Sometimes your comments are so off the point that it makes one feel like puking angry

Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by Nobody: 2:31am On Aug 28, 2014
Truckpusher: Sometimes your comments are so off the point that it makes one feeling like puking angry

I hope you choke on the vomitus kiss

Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by Nobody: 2:33am On Aug 28, 2014
The article says 7 weeks,the poster says 7 months
Na wa

Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by Truckpusher(m): 2:34am On Aug 28, 2014
babyosisi:

I hope you choke on the vomitus
Well, That's not nice coming from a friend. grin

Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by Truckpusher(m): 2:37am On Aug 28, 2014
babyosisi: The article says 7 weeks,the poster says 7 months
Na wa
Na now your head dun clear abi? tongue

Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by Iamoilprince(m): 3:06am On Aug 28, 2014
They should have given them enough Vaseline too! Lol
Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by asadike(f): 3:12am On Aug 28, 2014
i pray God gvs dem d strength 2 abstain as naija men 2 lyk dat tin nd many of dem no dey uz condom
Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by Noble11(m): 3:36am On Aug 28, 2014
soap no too expensive? :-Xsoap no too expensive?
Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by eunisam: 5:08am On Aug 28, 2014
IGBOSON1:

when your life is at stake,you will agree with me that u can do without sex. Sex cannot even come to mind when you are seriously sick.
Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by Sijo01(f): 5:17am On Aug 28, 2014
What about the females? are they not to abstain too
Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by Nobody: 5:48am On Aug 28, 2014
Seven weeks? That's no big deal.
Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by EnterPRO: 6:35am On Aug 28, 2014
compared to how slowly the the time spent in isolation dragged by, 7 weeks will fly by like its no time.

Click Here For Cheap MTN, Etisalat & Glo Data Plans. As low as N400 for 250mb. Works on all devices! || You Can Win Up To 1GB Data Weekly !
Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 28, 2014
Life is more important first...

Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by laivwire(m): 6:58am On Aug 28, 2014
Oh, and we would take their word for it right? That they won't have sex? Wait until a relapsing epidemic occurs. Ppl that should still be kept in quarantine ( just to make sure). Useless govt

Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by Mskrisx(f): 7:30am On Aug 28, 2014
Chaii person blokos go burst o

Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by Adesiji77: 11:54am On Aug 28, 2014
eunisam: Sex is not food,i can even abstain for seven years or even forever if that will save my life.

It is as if you read my mind...only the living can enjoy physical intimacy. There is no sex in the grave!

If abstinence can increase longevity, who would not to trade a few months for that?

What is 7 weeks abstinence?

Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by Ukutsgp(m): 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
Mskrisx: Chaii person blokos go burst o
hw do u know?
Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by rOsy247(f): 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
How are they sure they will comply to that directive? The best they would have done was to keep them until after the 7 weeks, they release them. They may likely spread it to others. Is ths how they intend to curtail the spread? undecided
Re: FG Advises Male Survivors Of Ebola To Abstain From S*x For 7 Weeks by Arosa(m): 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
Una truly believe these men will take to the advise? grin grin grin What a carry on, Ee go take sometime before we see the end of this film. angry

Nigeria Custom Recuitment Form Is Out Contact Mr Peter / Christians Arm As Middle East Perils Mount / A Passionate Appeal To Both PDP And APC Supporters