Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,666 members, 7,955,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:15 AM

Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. (13535 Views)

Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor / Uche Jombo, Mike Ezuruonye & Others Pour In Tributes For Muna Obiekwe / Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by morningsta(m): 2:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
RIP Prof. Dora Akunyili. You touched many lives far more than you can ever imagine while you lived. Rest in the bossom of our Lord till we meet to part no more. Adieu Prof. Dora
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by siaco(m): 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
RIP Ada di ora mma, u r a great amazon
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by EUI2013: 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
Adieu Dora,
U are an epitome of true leadership,
Nigeria will definitely MISS U,
Rest in Peace.
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by chukwuinya: 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
It is an honour to have lived in the time and season of the greatest female icon in the history of Nigeria,though u r gone,u still live on.i will tell my children that there was a heroine in Nigeria,there was an icon,there was a rare gem. Sleep well Adaejiejemba
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by donodion(m): 5:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
embarassedGood nite Mama Akunyili. You are indeed a hero,my heroine. embarassed embarassed
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
Adieu Prof Dora,you represented hope,courage and love.You were a dogged fighter and freedom emancipator.May you rest in the bosom of the Lord until we meet to part no more.Adieu Courageous Dora.RIP
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
Adieu to an epitome of hope to the Nigerian dream; Good People, Great Nation.
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by makazona(m): 5:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
Her death should teach us all a lesson.that:
All we do,
All we have,
All our good fortunes,
All our prayers,
should always touch lives positively or they are just NOTHING.

Someone needs that thing you have in you.
Use it without looking back to make a change.

Last line:Footprints in the sands of time cannot be made sitting down.

Adieu Dora "Nigeria" Akunyili.i will personally miss u
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by tmamuda(m): 6:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
Our Heroine. The Country U fight gonna be a better place. RIP Mrs Nigeria
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by magarchi: 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
May God welcome you into paradise...RIP super woman...your good works will never ever be forgotten. not how long but how well...I believe you ve achieved ur purpose on earth. may God console ur husband, kids and the entire family. I mourn ur loss. Dora, u were a gift to Nigeria!!!
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by DobleO7: 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
Farewell to the Amazon
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by tumaraya: 7:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
RIP MA. You continue to Live on in your Legacies.
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by igala1(m): 9:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
Adieu mama! I'd miss you so greatly. She once saved my job in Virgin Nigeria Portharcourt. Her protocol book her flight to lagos instead of Abuja. I sold them the tickets back then. They were almost taxing out of the ramp area when she alerted the captain she was on the wrong flight. These caused a big delay but she proceeded to lagos to connect to Abuja since their was no flight that Sunday from PH.
I was queried and was about to be sanctioned with dismissal when I managed to get her number called her and she pleaded with my boss. I was retained.
Adieu mama! I'd always miss you

2 Likes

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Alutasenator: 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
Adieu mma.your journey was blessed.if i will be able to leave as much legacies as yours before my last minute on earth,then-i would have lived a fulfilled life.DORA, till we meet only when am done,DORA- adieu! Adieu!! Adieu!!!
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
RIP My role model...I will miss you even though I neva had the opportunity to meet u personally..you were a pacesetter n a change "effector"..you had high hopes for a better Nigeria..we will continue from where you stopped n make you happy where you are..RIP Mummy Dora angry
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by DAvIt0(m): 7:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
RIP Professor Dora Akunyili
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by ebele1999: 8:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
R.I.P Ma!U are good indeed.
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Joshuadon: 11:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
RIP dora .......a gem indeed...a benchmark for the great women...
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by shizzleStar: 1:50am On Aug 30, 2014
shizzleStar: She led an exemplary life, a true amazon, an icon of her time, a virtuous woman.

Lord knows I had tears on my eyes when the reality of your exit hit me. embarassedDear ma, you may be gone on earth, but to a more peaceful, happier and befitting place in heaven. Our solace is that Angels are on guard and you have the saints to keep you company. Continue to rest in the bosom of our Lord.

Goodnight Dora!

Dora Nkem Akunyili, gaa nke oma! embarassed
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Alexk2(m): 10:01am On Aug 30, 2014
shizzleStar; Dora Nkem Akunyili, gaa nke oma! embarassed

her passing away is one too many for the country....how i wish we can have 10 of her type among our leaders.
I love her greatly and i hope we'll all follow her steps in our deeds and make her proud wherever she is.
good night, mum!
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by TheIkoro(m): 8:08pm On Nov 26, 2014
I rejoice that Professor Dora Akunyili lived a life which, though most unfortunately
cut short by evil, nevertheless was characterised by a remarkable degree of righteousness.
I mourn the fact that she was born in, and served - for so long - a country wherein sin is such a
reproach to its people, it has given birth to the most grievous evil ever wrought by the
hands of men. I pray that, in that hereafter to which she has departed, she rests
not - but favours with all the fervour of war-fare that cause for which I fight, as I
have ever favoured the righteousness with which the war against fake drugs was fought by her.
That all righteousness (be they living, be they dead) may begin to bewail before the ear of GOD,
my God, the grievous evil that has The Ikoro stricken for the transgression of his
people.

Women may eventually have hope before GOD; if more of them begin to strive after
works of righteousness, as Dora Akunyili obviously did.

Fight on, Dora.

- Adedotun The Ikoro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Queen Latifah Came Out Of The Closet. It Is Official. / Timaya Manhandled, Handcuffed And Detained / Rare Pic Of Late Actor, Muna Obiekwe In His Casket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.