Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,314 members, 7,957,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:13 PM

Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra (7799 Views)

Is Alison-Madueke Sponsoring Biafra Breakaway To Avoid Prison For Her Corruption / 2015: PDP Will Lose Without Breakaway Governors – Tambuwal / PDP Split: Progressive Governors Forum Congratulates Breakaway PDP Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by IGBOSON1: 10:48am On Aug 29, 2014
God help me!.......I so hate this country sometimes!! sad

All it would take for all of us to have a happy country is for all to acknowledge the evil they did in the past and apologize, yet some would rather take a bullet to the head than apologize to the very people they hate with a passion!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by IGBOSON1: 10:51am On Aug 29, 2014
raumdeuter: you shouldnt forget to tell us about Biafran forces who bombed Nigeria also

^^^Biafra bombed military positions!
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by abes(m): 11:01am On Aug 29, 2014
GenBuhari:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNpBwCDNM5Q

Seriously, when in the history of Nigeria has she used a red car number plate on cars? I might be wrong so I'm only asking.

I wonder why the video has no audio...
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 29, 2014
It was not in Nigeria it was in the breakaway Biafra - which may have had different colour number plates as an independent republic.
abes:

Seriously, when in the history of Nigeria has she used a red car number plate on cars? I might be wrong so I'm only asking.

I wonder why the video has no audio...
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Litmus: 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
Tribalitic posts; posts on the fantasticness of other nations compared to Nigeria; posts celebrating "powerful Cameroon army" while deriding Nigerian Army; posts calling for disintegration grin The forces that want to destroy your Nation are really working hard on Niraland.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by abes(m): 12:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
GenBuhari: It was not in Nigeria it was in the breakaway Biafra - which may have had different colour number plates as an independent republic.

1. The breakaway Biafra never used a coloured number plate, you can provide alternative proof if you one.
2. Where is the AP link to the original video? AP article about the video?

I still maintain this video has nothing to do with Nigeria nor Biafra.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
Did you live in Biafra?

I will do better than provide a link, I post more videos with the sound track.
abes:

1. The breakaway Biafra never used a coloured number plate, you can provide alternative proof if you one.
2. Where is the AP link to the original video? AP article about the video?

I still maintain this video has nothing to do with Nigeria nor Biafra.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by abes(m): 12:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
GenBuhari: Did you live in Biafra?

I will do better than provide a link, I post more videos with the sound track.

No

All you need to do is provide a proof Biafra used red number plates. Whether I believe the video or not does not change the fact that there was a civil war where people died.

I'm only asking for educational purposes.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Mckennedy: 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
raumdeuter: another one if you care

Picture or video of location bombed by Biafra or it doesn't happened.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Faun(m): 1:56pm On Aug 29, 2014
IGBOSON1: God help me!.......I so hate this country sometimes!! sad

All it would take for all of us to have a happy country is for all to acknowledge the evil they did in the past and apologize, yet some would rather take a bullet to the head than apologize to the very people they hate with a passion!

Relax bro. They're already paying for their actions. And the best part is, they are the ones destroying themselves. cool
Fact of the matter is, Boko Haram can never be destroyed at this point anymore. This is good news, because it will engulf the whole north soon enough.
cool
I love the carnage.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by thwarrior72: 2:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
soroptimist:

what are you trying to achieve with all this revisionism and stoking of ethnic hatred

Your actions will make the thankless job of those of us trying to sell Gen Buhari to the children of nowadays herculean owing to their perceived but wrong notion that every Northerner is bad
Bros there's nothing to sell, we'h scaled it & weigh it, it doesn't what buying. "U don't tell a grown-up to get out the sun"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
Nigeria fighter jets bombs market places and hospitals in Umuahia Biafra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYz91aGP6PY
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by pazienza(m): 9:54am On Dec 01, 2014
Imagine the atrocities of Gowon led Nigeria. committed against my people. My hatred for this colonial entity just keeps increasing by the day.

I was told that a similar event took place in Aba general hospital.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by pazienza(m): 10:03am On Dec 01, 2014
If this wasn't terrorism, I don't know what it was, Gowon and his supporters. were not different from BH.

This was how they were bombing market places in Biafra with women and children, all in a bid to blackmail the Biafran soldiers into surrender.

They built their one Nigeria with the blood of innocent Igbo women and children, now they must sustain it with the blood of their own children and men.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by pazienza(m): 10:14am On Dec 01, 2014
Now, some people expect me, as an Igbo man, to feel pity for the victims of Kano bomb attacks, the same people that were rejoicing and laughing while my Igboland was soaked with the blood of my people.

Gowon complaining about lack of support from America, but was grateful for the support the British offered him to terrorize Igboland.

How exactly can this colonial anomaly be one, how can a well breed Igbo man be a one Nigerian apologist, how much exactly was exchanged to buy their conscience?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Ugosample(m): 7:07am On Jan 09, 2017
pazienza:
Now, some people expect me, as an Igbo man, to feel pity for the victims of Kano bomb attacks, the same people that were rejoicing and laughing while my Igboland was soaked with the blood of my people.

Gowon complaining about lack of support from America, but was grateful for the support the British offered him to terrorize Igboland.

How exactly can this colonial anomaly be one, how can a well breed Igbo man be a one Nigerian apologist, how much exactly was exchanged to buy their conscience?

What is this one saying
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Leopardd(m): 8:00am On Jan 09, 2017
Ugosample:

What is this one saying

He i making sense. Why did they not bomb residential areas in NE to smithereens?
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by orisa37: 8:46am On Jan 09, 2017
The Youths Want Wike for President in 2019.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Ugosample(m): 9:59am On Jan 09, 2017
Leopardd:

He i making sense. Why did they not bomb residential areas in NE to smithereens?

If you don't know, the army has been committing war crimes in Borno, killing innocents by the thousands, and having their girls as sex objects (not all soldiers tho)

When they killed Yusuf their leader back then they were not deadly, they killed innocent women and children.
But the wicked Nigerian media will not cover it.
Go and watch al Jazeera documentary on Boko Haram, and you will see live evidence to back my claims

But because it's far from the SE, many Igbos were not sympathetic to what was happening there
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Leopardd(m): 11:04am On Jan 09, 2017
Ugosample:

If you don't know, the army has been committing war crimes in Borno, killing innocents by the thousands, and having their girls as sex objects (not all soldiers tho)

When they killed Yusuf their leader back then they were not deadly, they killed innocent women and children.
Go and watch al Jazeera documentary on Boko Haram, and you will see live evidence to back my claims

But because it's far from the SE, many Igbos were not sympathetic to what was happening there

And you want to continue being part of a country whose system don't check war crimes their soldiers do commit internally.

I know the idea of Biafra doesn't appeal to you, but I know we as a people value human lives and can't uphold a system that does these to those it calls its citizens.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Ugosample(m): 11:13am On Jan 09, 2017
Leopardd:

And you want to continue being part of a country whose system don't check war crimes their soldiers do commit internally.

I know the idea of Biafra doesn't appeal to you, but I know we as a people value human lives and can't uphold a system that does these to those it calls its citizens.

Then why not we stand as a people to change the system, instead of creating more chaos in the system

Nigerians in general don't value lives in general, and this cuts across, as Igbo people, or Yoruba people are not exempted, and if we don't change how we do things, if you like split the country in ten, the same thing will still continue....

Threr cases in point

Eritrea from Ethiopia....
Pakistan from India
South Sudan from Sudan

how has things changed for the better since their split?
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by mightyhazell: 11:19am On Jan 09, 2017
Ugosample:

clap the trap,..u make no sense

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Ugosample(m): 5:46pm On Jan 09, 2017
mightyhazell:
clap the trap,..u make no sense

How would I make sense to you when you are a BLOCKHEAD?
Dispute what I wrote with facts and you are talking like someone who is not wise.

I will say it again, the residents of borno saw pepper in the hands of the soldiers, with all the atrocities some of them committed.
That is what comes with war, and that is why we must do all it takes to avert it
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by vicenzo(m): 3:21am On Jan 11, 2017
By Anoruo Ahamba:
When we left our trenches and dropped our arms at the end of the War in 1970, we headed straight to the Houses we built. We were shocked to hear that the Zoo Government branded them abandoned Properties and distributed it amongst themselves..
We headed to the Banks to withdraw the Millions we left there before the War,the Zoonians told us we could only have 20 fucking Pounds..It did not Matter how much we had in our accounts..
Homeless and Penniless we went back to pick up the Jobs we left when we fled for our lives ,the Zoonians also told us we could not take back the Jobs,they filled up our positions with poorly qualified folks...
In that dare situation, we were Mourning,hungry,Penniless,Homeless and Jobless,these same idiots i call Nigerians quickly passed a Policy they called Indigenisation Policy to sell off Government Companies to themselves knowing fully well that non of us could raise up to 21 Pounds!
You pulled yourself up without any assistance and quickly recovered and over took the clowns with your mere 20 Pounds,yet they did not rest,but rather took the same war to your various endeavors in form of Quota System, exclusive Economic lists,Federal Character, ELDS states, and Cooked Population figures and use of Local Government as the yard stick to disburse National Cakes
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by vicenzo(m): 3:23am On Jan 11, 2017
Pause a bit and think of these short paragraphs,you would notice Nigeria,the same Zoo Nation you are proud of as an Igbo Man, designed,and calculated measures to keep you down and out in Nigeria..Yet your slave mindset that has "short term memory of sorrow and pains" took over you to forgive and forget and you started behaving as though nothing happened in the past...
You knew quite well that their deceptive RRR measures was a farce your foolishness still made you to allow handshakes with them that went above the elbows..You still had the foolishness to build new houses in the areas they took the ones you earlier built..
If you aim a Gun at me and fire with the intention of killing me and you missed!!That you missed would NEVER make me to trust you again,nor forgive you,i would take my own aim and make sure i NEUTRALIZE you completely!!!
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by vicenzo(m): 3:34am On Jan 11, 2017
Ugosample:

Then why not we stand as a people to change the system, instead of creating more chaos in the system

Nigerians in general don't value lives in general, and this cuts across, as Igbo people, or Yoruba people are not exempted, and if we don't change how we do things, if you like split the country in ten, the same thing will still continue....

Threr cases in point

Eritrea from Ethiopia....
Pakistan from India
South Sudan from Sudan

how has things changed for the better since their split?

I don't know where you are from, but in Igboland I come from, lives are valued.

Stop lumping my people with aliens( Yorubas and Arewa) to satiate your cravings for the Nigerian cake.

Ndiigbo don't like what Nigeria represents, and we will not stop at trying to change it by breaking free of Nigeria.
In the 60's, there was not a single crisis in the East where human lives were lost in mass, we can't say same of the West and the North,
There is a reason why despite the fact that the SE is small in landmass, it had always been densely populated, it's for the fact that we had over the millennia mastered the delicate act of peaceful resolution of conflicts, that ensures avoidance of war and loss of lives, as well as lack of drive to conquer and subjugate our neighbors in the name of empire building.

We were/ are not same people with Yorubas and Arewa, culturally,politically or historically speaking. Stop trying to lump us with them to sound politically correct.
The Eastern region was peaceful, pre colonial Igbo land was peaceful, all historical antecedents points to the fact that Biafra will be a peaceful nation as well.

As for your examples.
No Eritrea person wants Eritrea to be re merged with Ethiopia
No Pakistani wants Pakistan 're merged with India
No South Sudanese want their nation remerged with Sudan.
That should tell you all you need to know about the people. Their new nations are not Eldorado, but they sure know that their conditions are better off than it was in their parent unions, and unlike in their parent unions, they now in their new nations have their destinies in their hands, and this fact alone, ushers Hope, believe and patriotism, which are special ingredients needed for nation building.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Ugosample(m): 7:40am On Jan 11, 2017
vicenzo:

Stop lumping my people with aliens( Yorubas and Arewa) to satiate your cravings for the Nigerian cake.

Ndiigbo don't like what Nigeria represents, and we will not stop at trying to change it by breaking free of Nigeria.
In the 60's, there was not a single crisis in the East where human lives were lost in mass, we can't say same of the West and the North,
There is a reason why despite the fact that the SE is small in landmass, it had always been densely populated, it's for the fact that we had over the millennia mastered the delicate act of peaceful resolution of conflicts, that ensures avoidance of war and loss of lives, as well as lack of drive to conquer and subjugate our neighbors in the name of empire building.

We were/ are not same people with Yorubas and Arewa, culturally,politically or historically speaking. Stop trying to lump us with them to sound politically correct.
The Eastern region was peaceful, pre colonial Igbo land was peaceful, all historical antecedents points to the fact that Biafra will be a peaceful nation as well.

As for your examples.
That should tell you all you need to know about the people. Their new nations are not Eldorado, but they sure know that their conditions are better off than it was in their parent unions, and unlike in their parent unions, they now in their new nations have their destinies in their hands, and this fact alone, ushers Hope, believe and patriotism, which are special ingredients needed for nation building.

I hear you.
Let us see whether a Biafra will be a reality or not na grin grin

Those countries I mentioned and you repeated are in their worse shape than when they left.
I'm not saying that Igbo people will be worse off if we leave the country, but the fundamental issues wrong with these new countries were not addressed, and drawing new lines did not change nothing, and their countries are seeing the result.

Britain thought they were too big and sophisticated for EU, now they have left see the mess they are in.....

Anyways everyone has the right to his opinions tho.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Ugosample(m): 7:45am On Jan 11, 2017
vicenzo:

As for your examples.

And BTW, I'm an Igbo man too.

Pakistani people don't want to be part of India anymore grin grin
Though not All Pakistani tho, but many will like to be Indian, as an Indian passport carries more clout than a Pakistani one, and that is why they are escaping to the other end of the border to blend in as Indian Muslims (BTW there are more Indian Muslims than the entire Pakistanis population)
So your point on Pakistan is funny,

I don't know much about Eritrea, but the last I checked, their economy is in a cesspit, even after leaving with the ports.

Then for South Sudan... You have no idea mehn, you really don't

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Ugosample(m): 7:52am On Jan 11, 2017
vicenzo:
Pause a bit and think of these short paragraphs,you would notice Nigeria,the same Zoo Nation you are proud of as an Igbo Man, designed,and calculated measures to keep you down and out in Nigeria..Yet your slave mindset that has "short term memory of sorrow and pains" took over you to forgive and forget and you started behaving as though nothing happened in the past...
You knew quite well that their deceptive RRR measures was a farce your foolishness still made you to allow handshakes with them that went above the elbows..You still had the foolishness to build new houses in the areas they took the ones you earlier built..
If you aim a Gun at me and fire with the intention of killing me and you missed!!That you missed would NEVER make me to trust you again,nor forgive you,i would take my own aim and make sure i NEUTRALIZE you completely!!!

The abandoned property menace you talk about was most prevalent in the SS, Rivers especially.
Igbo men who had property in Lagos largely got it back (at least I can talk of my circle) Our "brothers" in Port Harcourt did abandoned property Gimmick on my Grand pa (RIP) and till today he never got it back, !and that is the same Rivers some deluded "biafrans" want to add as their own.

And from the way you write, you are too bitter to reason without sentiments, so I understand your plight
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Ugosample(m): 8:02am On Jan 11, 2017
vicenzo:
By Anoruo Ahamba:
When we left our trenches and dropped our arms at the end of the War in 1970, we headed straight to the Houses we built. We were shocked to hear that the Zoo Government branded them abandoned Properties and distributed it amongst themselves..
We headed to the Banks to withdraw the Millions we left there before the War,the Zoonians told us we could only have 20 fucking Pounds..It did not Matter how much we had in our accounts..
Homeless and Penniless we went back to pick up the Jobs we left when we fled for our lives ,the Zoonians also told us we could not take back the Jobs,they filled up our positions with poorly qualified folks...
In that dare situation, we were Mourning,hungry,Penniless,Homeless and Jobless,these same idiots i call Nigerians quickly passed a Policy they called Indigenisation Policy to sell off Government Companies to themselves knowing fully well that non of us could raise up to 21 Pounds!
You pulled yourself up without any assistance and quickly recovered and over took the clowns with your mere 20 Pounds,yet they did not rest,but rather took the same war to your various endeavors in form of Quota System, exclusive Economic lists,Federal Character, ELDS states, and Cooked Population figures and use of Local Government as the yard stick to disburse National Cakes
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Ugosample(m): 8:03am On Jan 11, 2017
vicenzo:
By Anoruo Ahamba:

For goodness sakes why are you reasoning like this
ELDS also include some SS and SE states, so what are you saying again Even tho ELDS get as e be, the intent was genuine at least, to help disadvantaged parts of the country catch up educationally with the rest of the country, and that to me is not a bad thing. There should just have been a time period for it, after which it will be revieved.

Mighty America still has Affirmative Action for disadvantaged groups, and in principle is similar to ELDS
Which one is economic lists again?

Quota system is also not a very bad thing as long as qualified people from all the regions fill up the quota from each state.
the problem with quota system in Nigeria is that unqualified people get to fill the quota, and it is across board, not just in the north.
Federal character and quota system is basically the same so no need to talk about it
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by vicenzo(m): 8:27am On Jan 11, 2017
Ugosample:

For goodness sakes why are you reasoning like this
ELDS also include some SS and SE states, so what are you saying again Even tho ELDS get as e be, the intent was genuine at least, to help disadvantaged parts of the country catch up educationally with the rest of the country, and that to me is not a bad thing. There should just have been a time period for it, after which it will be revieved.

Mighty America still has Affirmative Action for disadvantaged groups, and in principle is similar to ELDS
Which one is economic lists again?

Quota system is also not a very bad thing as long as qualified people from all the regions fill up the quota from each state.
the problem with quota system in Nigeria is that unqualified people get to fill the quota, and it is across board, not just in the north.
Federal character and quota system is basically the same so no need to talk about it

I wasn't the one who wrote the article. But if ELDS is the only thing you could pick from that thought provoking article, then something is wrong somewhere.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics / EFCC Probe Links Obanikoro To Diezani Poll Cash / Buhari Kicks Off Total Islamization Of Nigeria In Kastina (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.