Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Our Attitudes Towards Accident's Victim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Attitudes Towards Accident's Victim (4228 Views)

Udom Emmanuel And A Dead Accident Victim Yesterday (Photos) / Ambode Rescues Accident Victim In Lagos / Ogun Deputy-governor, Yetunde-onanuga Rescues Accident Victim (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Attitudes Towards Accident's Victim by disloman(m): 6:56am On Aug 28, 2014
This thread is to bring our focus on our behaviours toward accident victims.There was a hit n run accident at Ladipo bustop this morning involving a man.Pple were just staring,snapping n some were just crying.It's good showing human feeling but that's not what an accident victim needed but a medical attention.The man is still alive while we pass through d scene of the accident.Some might ask what did I do to help.I can't cos I was in the staff bus.Same thing happened about a month ago at airport bustop involving a lady n a policeman on bike.They were just fortunate some air force personnels were around what it happened.They were evacuated to their barrack 4 medical attention.It hurts.Seriously it does.
Re: Our Attitudes Towards Accident's Victim by bigass(f): 7:11am On Aug 28, 2014
I agree with you that this attitude is bad, but we need to understand why its like this. Firstly, we do not have a well grounded emergency response system in place. The ones we have are still in their infantile stage,of which many do not even know you could call a particular number in case of emergencies, in Lagos it 767. Government need to do more in this regard and improve on our near non existent emergency response system. Secondly,when a negative trend is developing,its the duty of the govt to stem it. Its high time our government introduced a be your brother's keeper law which will mandate people to take actions during emergencies and outlaw indiscriminate and unauthorised snapping of pictures during emergencies.

About 3months ago,I went shopping in Lagos island and I saw a crowd of people chasing a guy whom they accused of stealing,immediately I called 767 explained to the dispatcher what was happening, she asked for the address and few minutes later policemen came and rescued the guy from being lynched.
Re: Our Attitudes Towards Accident's Victim by Zuria(f): 7:26am On Aug 28, 2014
@op, next time you see an accident scene like that please call 767...its a Lagos state emergency number. Give a description of the location (eg along apapa oshodi exp just before the the road leading to airport) and an ambulance would be @d scene.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Our Attitudes Towards Accident's Victim by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 28, 2014
a very nice thread. Not sure of other states, but in lagos where i stay..., people do not gather to save lifes(of accident victims), instead they gather to destroy(those of alleged thiefs & kidnappers). #a very disheartening trait.

1 Like

Re: Our Attitudes Towards Accident's Victim by egbaguy: 7:44am On Aug 28, 2014
a guy lost his mother by by-passing an acccident victim. Alas,that victim was his mother!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Our Attitudes Towards Accident's Victim by disloman(m): 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
Zuria: @op, next time you see an accident scene like that please call 767...its a Lagos state emergency number. Give a description of the location (eg along apapa oshodi exp just before the the road leading to airport) and an ambulance would be @d scene.

Cheers.
Thanks my sis.Can't recollect d num n that's also one d behaviours we should detest.E no concern mi attitude.I've seen many adverts on that.Just that I don't bother ni.thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Campaign In Bauchi – Classic Pictures / Breaking:army,airforce,police Has Fallen,fearless ‪‎biafrans‬ Takes Ova Igweocha / Again Governor Nyesom Wike Has Vindicated Buhari Calls Fayose A Lair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.