Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,085 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

The Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Army!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Army!! (790 Views)

Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy / Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari / The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Army!! by kayjasper(f): 9:54am On Aug 28, 2014
There are a lot of people who still believe so much in the Nigerian Army. Especially with the ongoing war against the Boko Haram insurgents going on in the north.

The war however has been a big sunshine up the @ss of the Nigerian Military with the attendant sloppy handling of the situation.

Coupled with financial recklessness, a lot of maladministration and crass unprofessional handling of the war, there is no gain saying that the Nigerian Army is a big flop!!

How do we fanthom the purported press release that came from the military spokesman Maj.Gen Chris Olukolade about the now dreaded Abubakar Shekau.
The military claimed-without evidence-that they believe he was dead!! shocked shocked

Then came the Chibook girls issue, loads of people had believed the military when they opened their @ss once again to the public by claiming they have rescued all the girls from their captors. After eating their words on that, the COAS came up again ro declare that they know where the girls are, but are wary of rescuing them just to avoid collateral damage.

Imagine that its more than 100days and those girls have not been brought home till now.

The most recent desertion of 480 soldiers to Cameroon was the grand finale in the incompetent race of the Army as they quickly released a press statement claiming the soldiers were on a "tactical manoeuvre" as they were rounded up by the Cameroonian army.

Now, that's not the news....the big news is that 4 generals and all the "tactically manoeuvering" soldiers have been shipped to Abuja for serious questioning and probably punishment.

If they were not deserters, why summon them to Abuja? If they were on point, what explanation is the military head looking for in abuja? Or are they been hosted by the President in a banquet dinner for a good job well done in "tactically manoeuvering" their way into Cameroon?

I believe the military is incapable and as corrupt as the government that heads the country. Nobody has been held accountable for all the mismanagement of funds and lack of proper weapons for our boys to fight terrorism.

This is sad and should have never been our lot, if the Nigerian government had been more accountable in all its dealings so far.

If the Cameroonian army can record more success on their own side of the border, then its a shame that the "giant of Africa" with all its using tactical manoeuvre have nothing to show for it.

Kay Jasper is a non partisan Nigerian citizen and she writes in from the United States of Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Army!! by Rich4god(m): 10:03am On Aug 28, 2014
Buy form join army then try and make them work... Register and vote the you think will make the army better... Channel you protest to the army heads cos sitting in USL and typing from the comfort of your home wont change a thing... BTW, God bless the NA...

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Army!! by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 28, 2014
Loads of Crap and Roadside Gossip!!!

One Question: What is the essence of this Thread?
One Advice: Get your fact right before embarrassing yourself posting nonsense on a public forum

God Bless The Military

Cheers
barcanista

4 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Army!! by kayjasper(f): 10:07am On Aug 28, 2014
whatlyf: Loads of Crap and Roadside Gossip!!!

One Question: What is the essence of this Thread?
One Advice: Get your fact right before embarrassing yourself posting nonsense in public

Cheers
barcanista

Dont foam in the mouth on this topic. As you can see, that's if you have eyes though, its glaring the NA is a big flop.
Even the blind man can see that.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Army!! by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 28, 2014
kayjasper:

Dont foam in the mouth on this topic. As you can see, that's if you have eyes though, its glaring the NA is a big flop.
Even the blind man can see that.
Go Pick Up Military Form and Join the Army or Travel to The North East and Join Civilian JTF. Stop Embarrassing yourself in public by insulting gallant Soldiers who are risking their lives, earning meagre pay and fighting terrorists just to protect you and your family.

God Bless The Military

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Army!! by lirusehn(m): 10:10am On Aug 28, 2014
must u guyz create thread?? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Army!! by kayjasper(f): 10:13am On Aug 28, 2014
whatlyf: Go Pick Up Military Form and Join the Army or Travel to The North East and Join Civilian JTF. Stop Embarrassing yourself in public.

Why not go chew some rubber or better still pick a tea cup and go fill the Atlantic ocean with more water. Instead of ranting around like a phoosy!!!

Where did I blame the gallant soldiers? The fault is with the military head and not the foot soldiers.

That's my opinion and am entitled to it. State yours and stop bitching around.

Major Gen Whatlyf Kolade coolcool

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Army!! by Onlinebizexpert(m): 10:17am On Aug 28, 2014
The fact that op still walks around and. Sleep comfortably at home is a good testament that the nigerian army are working hard to contain BH in the north

If not other states will have been over run by bombs just like in afghan etc

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Army!! by kayjasper(f): 10:19am On Aug 28, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: The fact that op still walks around and. Sleep comfortably at home is a good testament that the nigerian army are working hard to contain BH in the north

If not other states will have been over run by bombs just like in afghan etc

Very true.

But why all the lies from the spokesman?

Keeping quiet sometimes saves more face. If they have not said anything most Nigerians will sure forget about it in a few days. (That's our style).

But to make unrealistic statements isn't so proffesinal of them at all.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Army!! by Iluvberem: 10:27am On Aug 28, 2014
My own be say
Are you really a female as your gender states? OR
Are you one of Ngeneukwenu's type of female
(SHE-MALE)

grin

Just a queshon ooo

No offense

JESUS is Lord

God bless you sister/brother or both grin

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Army!! by kayjasper(f): 10:30am On Aug 28, 2014
Iluvberem: My own be say
Are you really a female as your gender states? OR
Are you one of Ngeneukwenu's type of female
(transgendered)

grin

Just a queshon ooo

No offense

JESUS is Lord

God bless you sister/brother or both grin

What about me makes u think am male? Because of my opinion? Lol

I hope u are not one of the "women should be seen and not heard kind of guy"?

This is the 21st century sir!

No offence taken.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Army!! by Iluvberem: 10:38am On Aug 28, 2014
kayjasper:

What about me makes u think am male? Because of my opinion? Lol

I hope u are not one of the "women should be seen and not heard kind of guy"?

This is the 21st century sir!

No offence taken.

Ok ma'am

Remain bless

Hallelujah
Re: The Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Army!! by omololu2020(m): 11:13am On Aug 28, 2014
whatlyf: Go Pick Up Military Form and Join the Army or Travel to The North East and Join Civilian JTF. Stop Embarrassing yourself in public by insulting gallant Soldiers who are risking their lives, earning meagre pay and fighting terrorists just to protect you and your family.

God Bless The Military
u bliv d nigerian army r winnin d war against dis terrorists,y cant u also pick up d army form n join dem,or z it only d pple dat dont bliv d nigerian army r winnin should join,,,u can also pick up d form n go to sambisa or gwoza to fight

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of The Nigerian Army!! by seankafor(m): 11:39am On Aug 28, 2014
kayjasper:

Why not go chew some rubber or better still pick a tea cup and go fill the Atlantic ocean with more water. Instead of ranting around like a phoosy!!!

Where did I blame the gallant soldiers? The fault is with the military head and not the foot soldiers.

That's my opinion and am entitled to it. State yours and stop bitching around.

Major Gen Whatlyf Kolade coolcool
u too d claim why? chill.pype low naa

(1) (Reply)

Of The Aussie,ihejerika And Sheriff's Macabre Dance At The Doorstep Of Terrorism / Central Bank Of Naija Sponsors Boko Haram / Are You A True Nigerian, Then Answer This Question.....?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.