Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,699 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Use Ur Flashdrive As Ram And Make Ur Pc Fly: Like Mad Xp Version! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Use Ur Flashdrive As Ram And Make Ur Pc Fly: Like Mad Xp Version! (2041 Views)

How To Use Your Flash Drive As Ram [speed Up Your Slow Computer] / How To Use Your USB Flash As RAM On Window XP / How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Use Ur Flashdrive As Ram And Make Ur Pc Fly: Like Mad Xp Version! by Infoseye(m): 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2008
Hello,
You all know about using USB flash drive as RAM on Windows Vista. So I decided to make the same feature available on Windows XP here in nairaland since there is a Vista version already.

System Requirements

* Windows XP, Windows 2000*, Windows 2003 (both 32 and 64 bit systems supported)
    * USB 2.0 port version or memory card reader
    * Flash drive or memory card with at least 2.5 MB/sec random read speed

* Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 and Update Rollup 1 for SP4 are required

Frequently Asked Question

Q: Can I use USB 1.1 port with your software?
A: No. USB port version 1.1 is very slow. Your computer performance may strongly decrease.

Q: Is it possible to use Intel Turbo Memory with eBoostr?
A: No, unfortunately eBoostr does not support Intel Turbo Memory.

Q: Can I install eBoostr on my Windows Vista?
A: No, the product does not run on Windows Vista yet.

Q: What is the recommended cache size? Does it depend on the amount of RAM?
A: No, the recommended cache size does not depend on the amount of RAM you have installed. The recommended size is 1GB. If you have many applications installed (especially big software packages like Adobe) we recommend you to increase the cache size to 2GB or more.

Q: Is it better to use NTFS or to use FAT32 for the usb drives?
A: There is no difference in speed between FAT32 and NTFS formatted drives. If your thumb drive is less or equal to 4GB we recommend using FAT32. Use NTFS if you want the cache file sized more than 4GB (make sure that the drive has a good write speed, otherwise disable the “write-cache” option for this drive to prevent “Windows Delayed Write Failed” errors).

Download the software here http://www.eboostr.com/files/eBoostr.exe

Note:The eBoostr™ trial version has no time expiration and you can evaluate it for as long as you wish. However the product demo is fully functional only for 4 hours after each system boot. This will allow you to evaluate the product and estimate how it performs on your configuration.
Athough am looking out for a crack for it when I do I will post it here hope Seun Will allow me too.
Cheers!

Re: Use Ur Flashdrive As Ram And Make Ur Pc Fly: Like Mad Xp Version! by sunej(m): 9:42pm On Oct 25, 2008
who have downloaded and certify that the software is neither trojan, spyware or malware?
Re: Use Ur Flashdrive As Ram And Make Ur Pc Fly: Like Mad Xp Version! by sunej(m): 9:58pm On Oct 25, 2008
ok, i just download it via this link http://www.eboostr.com/download/
Re: Use Ur Flashdrive As Ram And Make Ur Pc Fly: Like Mad Xp Version! by macsignor(m): 11:07pm On Oct 25, 2008
I've been using it for over a week now, it does help. If only one can get it to work beyond 4hrs.
Re: Use Ur Flashdrive As Ram And Make Ur Pc Fly: Like Mad Xp Version! by ncpat(m): 1:44am On Oct 27, 2008
men you did not give the configuration or are we suppose to do it like that of the vista?
Re: Use Ur Flashdrive As Ram And Make Ur Pc Fly: Like Mad Xp Version! by xprofile: 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2008
wat r u waitin for ifoseye?
y not drop the configuration and the full version ,

ANYWAY,
anyone wants the full version should contact me,
Re: Use Ur Flashdrive As Ram And Make Ur Pc Fly: Like Mad Xp Version! by macsignor(m): 7:30am On Oct 28, 2008
Bros abeg I need d full version: macsignor@yahoo.com
thnx  grin
Re: Use Ur Flashdrive As Ram And Make Ur Pc Fly: Like Mad Xp Version! by Suntemi(m): 12:21pm On Oct 28, 2008
@ Poster

Thanks i will try and check it out.
Re: Use Ur Flashdrive As Ram And Make Ur Pc Fly: Like Mad Xp Version! by Infoseye(m): 12:29pm On Oct 28, 2008
sun_temi:

@ Poster

Thanks i will try and check it out.

You welcome, I myself ve not tried it I only uploaded it for Xp users that will like to ve it for Xp and for the others here who are asking for the configuration do a little homework on your own on the web and find the configurations for Xp users in nairaland.
Re: Use Ur Flashdrive As Ram And Make Ur Pc Fly: Like Mad Xp Version! by Infoseye(m): 12:39pm On Oct 28, 2008
sunej:

who have downloaded and certify that the software is neither trojan, spyware or malware?

Why on earth would I want to upload trojan for good nigerians like myself here in Nairaland to download trojan? Pls be reasonable.
Re: Use Ur Flashdrive As Ram And Make Ur Pc Fly: Like Mad Xp Version! by Infoseye(m): 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2008
xprofile:

what r u waitin for ifoseye?
y not drop the configuration and the full version ,

ANYWAY,
anyone wants the full version should contact me,

Why not post and upload the full version here for everyone on nairaland? If I had the full version in the first place I would ve uploaded it here for everyone.

(1) (Reply)

Sold / Desktop Computer For Sale / Validity On Mtn Internet Bundle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.