Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,421 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen (1218 Views)

If I Build A Topnotch Forum, I'll Pay For The Hosting, I Need Forum Mangers / Taprap Limited - Worst Hosting And Domain Purchase Company / Who Wants A Form Hosting ! I Think Most Nigerians Lacks This In Their Web Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by CMSguru: 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
they do not pick up calls, if you open a support ticket, they dont answer or it takes ages for them to respond.

is anybody using there services
Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2014

Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by bigl: 1:23am On Aug 29, 2014
Congratulations bro. U got served.
Well, that's a lesson for u to watch which company you patronise when it comes to webhosting services.

By d way, what problems are u having that made u open a ticket with them? Maybe I could be of help
Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by CMSguru: 7:21am On Aug 29, 2014
bigl: Congratulations bro. U got served.
Well, that's a lesson for u to watch which company you patronise when it comes to webhosting services.
By d way, what problems are u having that made u open a ticket with them? Maybe I could be of help
my broda....am not the one who had the issues ooo...iit was a friend i work with, can u imagine calling him from morning till eveninng...he didnt pick up...den wen he finally picked he said the travelled dat maybe the office didnt see the call. i just tire ooo:
1) he claims he runs the company in his office, bro naa 1man business hin be
2) if you make orders, u have too call him to clear the invoice and active your service which he takes more than 24hrs
3) the guy is just shit who runs a business
Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by Dionjerry(m): 1:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
Our Web Hosting companywas established in the year 2013 together with highly trained staff and system administrators we managed to create a business where customer trust is our number one priority. As for today, we can proudly count over 2000 happy clients which can recommend us to anyone without an exception, because we always find a solution when you need it.
Why Host With Us?
We are probably the only web hosting company that has proof for "99,99% uptime guarantee". We managed to reach even 99.99% uptime for most of the servers. Can your current hosting provider show you any proof for that"99.99% uptime" they guarantee?

Company Values.
Stability.
Server Security.
Huge Performance.
Best Price.
Hi-end Technology.
Best plans -
business plans-this plans enables you to pay annually and you will be allowed to create a a accounts see more at www.dionhost.com try us today!
Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by CMSguru: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2014
hahhahahaaaaa cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy guy u serious at all
Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by Dionjerry(m): 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2014
wat
Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by LoadedHost(m): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
CMSguru: u serious at all

It is so unfortunate that you were served this way by the company. In Web hosting, some basic things most providers dont know:

- Real time Support

- Real time Billing

Those two are highly essential so i presume he was not aware of that. And the website seems to be new in the industry.
Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by Vinshu(f): 5:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
Is that not the smt host that was using a Nulled a WHMCS and lied to users? he went to borrow a license to deceive nairalanders.

Its no company. Its just some little dude who has a reseller account. See him saying he travelled is he the only one? What of his staffs? Of course no staff. Which office? lol

You guys should not be buying their cheap adverts and promotions. What I do to test web host
1) Send then a random mail and note their response time

2) See how their billing works if its not just one site I have to call to clear orders

3) Check for certain policies that should exist on any host.

4) Check if they are just resellers or they have their own servers

5) Read reviews..
and so on

Most of you dont. When you see a cheap advert by one hungry young man you rush.

I always attack web hosts here. I query their faults but people think i am a sadist

1 Like

Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by CMSguru: 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
i know say u go talk.....where u go since grin abeg, dis ur signature too hash, dey pity dem small small naaa....naa hutle we dey ooo
Vinshu: Is that not the smt host that was using a Nulled a WHMCS and lied to users? he went to borrow a license to deceive nairalanders.
Its no company. Its just some little dude who has a reseller account. See him saying he travelled is he the only one? What of his staffs? Of course no staff. Which office? lol
I always attack web hosts here. I query their faults but people think i am a sadist
Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by Youngzedd(m): 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
Vinshu: Is that not the smt host that was using a Nulled a WHMCS and lied to users? he went to borrow a license to deceive nairalanders.

You guys should not be buying their cheap adverts and promotions. What I do to test web host
1) Send then a random mail and note their response time

2) See how their billing works if its not just one site I have to call to clear orders

3) Check for certain policies that should exist on any host.

4) Check if they are just resellers or they have their own servers

5) Read reviews..
and so on

Most of you dont. When you see a cheap advert by one hungry young man you rush.

This your number 4 got me grin
That should be data center, do you really know what it means to have a data center.
One can never tell if a hosting company is a reseller.

Finally, what do they expect from the hosting company when they pay peanut for one year hosting plan.

They want 24/7 with what?
Just 2k for one year.

I have learnt to disregard any body that buy cheap host.
Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by LoadedHost(m): 9:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
Youngzedd:

One can never tell if a hosting company is a reseller..

I can tell if a host is a reseller. I know that most times it is the Data Center that comes out when you use sites like whoishostingthis.com but i can tell if a host is a reseller. I would even tell you the Reseller Company.

Drop any web host url.
Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by LoadedHost(m): 9:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
We are in the business.. We know how to do it.

Some DNS Lookups and Reverse PTR
Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by Youngzedd(m): 9:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
LoadedHost:

I can tell if a host is a reseller. I know that most times it is the Data Center that comes out when you use sites like whoishostingthis.com but i can tell if a host is a reseller. I would even tell you the Reseller Company.

Drop any web host url.

http://www.greengeeks.com or www.ywshost.com
Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by Vinshu(f): 9:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
LoadedHost: We are in the business.. We know how to do it.

Some DNS Lookups and Reverse PTR

Reverse PTR shows the original server hostname

1 Like

Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by LoadedHost(m): 9:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
Youngzedd:

http://www.greengeeks.com or www.ywshost.com
They are not resellers.

They own their servers (Either Dedicated or VPS)

Thank you. smiley
Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by Youngzedd(m): 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
LoadedHost:
They are not resellers.

They own their servers (Either Dedicated or VPS)

Thank you. smiley

Hehehe
Oya this loadedhost dot co m and lagoshost dot co m

I don't need a magician to tell me that all 9ja hosting companies are resellers. Nothingis wrong being a reseller, quality service is all that matters but my country men want something cheap and here we are.

I told somebody tthat I will host his site in vps with cpanel for just 1k monthly and he shouted it's too much, that others host site 2k per year.

I give up in 9ja market for now hence hosting is concern.

1 Like

Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by LoadedHost(m): 10:13pm On Aug 29, 2014
Youngzedd:

Hehehe
Oya this loadedhost dot co m and lagoshost dot co m

I don't need a magician to tell me that all 9ja hosting companies are resellers. .

loadedhost.com is not a reseller, see my signature. We dont even use VPS. We make use of Physical Blade Dedicated Servers from Unified Layer Data Center.

http://intodns.com/loadedhost.com ->You would find this

Your reverse (PTR) record:
163.47.144.162.in-addr.arpa -> server1.loadedhost.net
You have reverse (PTR) records for all your IPs, that is a good thing.
If its that we are resellers, its our reseller company that would display there instead of our server host name.

I know its no shame to be a reseller, we were once resellers. Infact, we were resellers for 6 months cheesy
Just that the High rate of cheap reseller hosting has spoilt the industry. Kids would just arrange 1000 from their pocket money every month and get one WHM account and then begin to advertise. What service do you expect from those? No harm meant here but i feel sad when Nigerian Hosts are discriminated. See how you already judged all are resellers. Bad has corrupted the Good. If Nigeria had good Electricity and Stable Network, what stops us from setting up our servers right from our Homes or Offices? Would we even rent from those US companies?

It is well anyway.

2 Likes

Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by elvisudoh: 8:04am On Aug 30, 2014
[IMG][http://www.?aff=676][\IMG]

this is interesting...
Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by smthosting: 5:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
we answer support tickets in less than 24 hours we make sure all our tickets are answered
CMSguru: they do not pick up calls, if you open a support ticket, they dont answer or it takes ages for them to respond.

is anybody using there services
Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by soloqy: 11:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
Is it not the same SMT hosting that was spamming the webmaster section with ridiculous offers?

You are on your own.

For those talking resellers, there are resellers that do real good business and serve customers well. But someone as unscrupulous as SMT Hosting should be avoided. First he could not even pay for something as cheap as WHMCS license (Someone in business that supposedly makes him money?). Secondly, he was on every post spamming them with ridiculously cheap webhosting offers. Thats a sign of desperation.

Dont always jump on those cheap offers. It will definitely end up being much more expensive in the long run.

2 Likes

Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by CMSguru: 2:28am On Aug 31, 2014
if i heaar angry
smthosting: we answer support tickets in less than 24 hours we make sure all our tickets are answered
Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by Vinshu(f): 9:01am On Aug 31, 2014
grin I love this

Check his WHMCS its unverified shocked

1 Like

Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by bigl: 2:11am On Sep 01, 2014
Wow, been enjoying the bashing.

SMT Hosting, whether you 're a reseller or not is not my problem but please, work on your customer support.
We are in the age of smart phones with power to do almost anything u need to get done on the go. Please use it.

If we are to patronise our nigerian brothers who offer hosting services, they must equally be ready to work hard at providing quality hosting.

#My 1kobo
Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by coltonaron: 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
Hosting service will be offered by many companies. The selection of best hosting companies will depend upon the various things and also leds the best traffic for our website.

Gaming DDoS Protection
Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by ProGSM(m): 8:06am On Sep 04, 2014
I have used lagoshost.com for over 4 years now and never had issue with them.
Re: SMT Hosting Is D Worst Hosting I Have Ever Seen by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 04, 2014
Youngzedd:

That should be data center, do you really know what it means to have a data center.
One can never tell if a hosting company is a reseller.

Finally, what do they expect from the hosting company when they pay peanut for one year hosting plan.

They want 24/7 with what?
Just 2k for one year.

I have learnt to disregard any body that buy cheap host.
Yea and they good at hiding their reseller status:
Site5 wants to help you
provide the professional
reseller hosting
solution. To ensure that
your hosting clients do
not find out that you
are a reseller of Site5,
we use anonymous
domain names for our
reseller servers. What
does this mean for you?
As an example, rather
than naming a server
"superman.site5.com"
we would name it
"superman.somethinganonymous.com".
This prevents your
every-day users from
seeing that Site5 is your
hosting solution of
choice.
This same domain is
also used to provide
anonymous DNS
servers to all resellers,
so that instead of telling
your customers having
to point their domain
names to
"dns.site5.com", they
can point to
"dns.somethinganonymous.com" (although
reseller plans with
private nameservers
actually get their own
nameserver addresses
anyway). There is no
mention of Site5 in the
public WHOIS record or
the HTTP address for
this domain.
Site5 will provide you
with the tools to be the
best hosting reseller
you can be, and takes
none of the credit. All
the credit belongs to
you.
Http://www.site5.com/resellers/web

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Integrate Gtpay On Your Shopify/bigcommerce Store? / Why You Should Become A Web Developer / 5 Reasons Wordpress Platform Is Best Blogging Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.