Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,106 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Can Minorities Be Racist? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can Minorities Be Racist? (12176 Views)

Not Every Somali Is Racist. / Racist Habits Die HARD / Can a Black man Be Racist Towards Fellow Blacks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by avuekwe(f): 2:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
How about when a village in a particular state discriminates against another village in the same state? Btw they speak same language but with different dialect. How do u classify that one? Is it a case of minority being racist? (na question i dey ask o abeg)
Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by AmINotHuman(m): 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
Some people (mostly minorities who try to deny they're racist) say racism is prejudice + power, this sort of means that only the majority race can be racist. I, however, think that it's just moving the goal posts away from the original definition of racism so it doesn't apply to racist minorities themselves.
Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by Sagamite(m): 9:16pm On Aug 29, 2014
pansophist: Yes but in most cases, as a defense to accumulated experience of racism

Absolute rubbish!

Absolute tosh!

The minorities are racist because they are as equally bigoted and reetarded as their majority counterpart, not because of some stewpid explanation of "accumulated experience of racism".

1 Like

Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
Sagamite:

Absolute rubbish!

Absolute tosh!

The minorities are racist because they are as equally bigoted and reetarded as their majority counterpart, not because of some stewpid explanation of "accumulated experience of racism".
I don't know why you keep posting senseless and insulting comment all the time. You have a problem, dude!

2 Likes

Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by Sagamite(m): 9:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
claremont: I have met quite a few racist black men who blame the white man for their own failings in life. Racism knows no colour, a person who is prejudiced against another person on the basis of his/her skin colour is racist.

Well said!

On NL, cap28 is a perfect example.

1 Like

Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by Sagamite(m): 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
all4naija:
I don't know why you keep posting senseless and insulting comment all the time. You have a problem, dude!

Shut up, fagggot.

Stop getting iconize to dig your homosexual arsse so you still have a functioning brain.

An homosexual is telling me I have a problem. Irony! grin
Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
Sagamite:

Shut up, fagggot.

Stop getting iconize to dig your homosexual arsse so you still have a functioning brain.

Just a little advice for you. Try to have a check up with a psychiatrist because you are psychotic!

1 Like

Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by Sagamite(m): 9:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
all4naija:
Just a little advice for you. Try to have a check up with a psychiatrist because you are psychotic!

A fagggot is telling me to see a psychiatrist? grin grin grin grin grin grin

AIDS has destroyed your brain cells. grin
Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
Sagamite:

A fagggot is telling me to see a psychiatrist? grin grin grin grin grin grin

AIDS has destroyed your brain cells. grin
I feel sorry for you because you are so ignorant of your primitive life. You are disgracing your background without you knowing it. That is you are a disgrace to Nigeria. Shame on you, you i d i o t!

1 Like

Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by Sagamite(m): 9:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
all4naija: I feel sorry for you because you are so ignorant of your primitive life. You are disgracing your background without you knowing it. That is you are a disgrace to Nigeria. Shame on you, you i d i o t!

An African fagggot is saying I am disgracing my background and I am a disgrace to Nigeria? grin grin grin grin

person, and you are the one telling me I need a psychiatrist? grin grin grin grin grin

You have mental health issues that makes you make assertions like a mad man.

The mental health issue might be a product of your sexual health issues from STDs iconize passes up your arsse. undecided
Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 29, 2014
Sagamite:

An African fagggot is saying I am disgracing my background and I am a disgrace to Nigeria? grin grin grin grin

person, and you are the one telling me I need a psychiatrist? grin grin grin grin grin

You have mental health issues that makes you make assertions like a mad man.

The mental health issue might be a product of your sexual health issues from STDs iconize passes up your arsse. undecided
*facepalm* Dude, I think you have a brain problem in real life. You are too primitive. ugly face!

2 Likes

Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by OmoEziokwu: 10:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
Well I'd like to think that I can't help but be discriminatory and condescending towards half-witted blacks like 98.7% of the people on this Nigerian online forum. Does that make me a coconut? grin
Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by BlackLeopard(m): 11:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
Sagamite:

Shut up, fagggot.

And a silencing homophobe thinks he's got anythin' to contribute with his bigoted s-it.

Maybe ya should sit down an contemplate how to treat other people as human they are, hermano.
Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by BlackLeopard(m): 11:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
OmoEziokwu: Well I'd like to think that I can't help but be discriminatory and condescending towards half-witted blacks like 98.7% of the people on this Nigerian online forum. Does that make me a coconut? grin

It sure as hell speaks of ya'r own classism tho. People have all sort of backgrounds, an' I'm damned sure if we all spoke in languages we think best in many of these arguments would have entirely different and more serious tone to them, if 'half witted' is how ya view them as they stand.

Beside, people learn through sharing. Ain't exactly their fault at what point of life they're now. I'd reserve judgment on fellows' intellect just based ba comments they make on an online forum many come, yanno, relax on from their long days.
Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by Sagamite(m): 11:34am On Aug 30, 2014
BlackLeopard:

And a silencing homophobe thinks he's got anythin' to contribute with his bigoted s-it.

Maybe ya should sit down an contemplate how to treat other people as human they are, hermano.

You are a cretinous person!

How can a person like you who thinks supports deviancy know what is good contribution?
Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by Zarahanair: 2:37pm On Aug 30, 2014
zboyd: _______________________________________________________
What Is Racism?

The use of the term 'racism' is relatively recent and as such its definition is not entirely settled.

The American Heritage College Dictionary, has two meanings. Firstly, racism is “the belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.” Secondly, racism is, “Discrimination or prejudice based on race.”

The Oxford English Dictionary defines racism as the "belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races" and the expression of such prejudice.

The Merriam-Webster's Dictionary defines it as a "belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority or inferiority of a particular racial group, and alternatively that it is also the prejudice based on such a belief."

The Macquarie Dictionary defines racism as: "the belief that human races have distinctive characteristics which determine their respective cultures, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule or dominate others."

These definitions are fair, but the point many miss in them, or deliberately downplay is the part that comes at the end. Racism is more than a simple belief in inherent superiority and inferiority. There is the ACTION that flows from said beliefs. For example, to maintain superiority/inferiority, racists have to undertake certain ACTIONS. So for example they distort and even lie about the history and culture of Africa and Africans. Hence advanced civilization in Africa is due to outside influence by non-Africans. Such distortions are dressed up these days in scientific language and are framed in a subtle way to allow for "plausible denial" in more polite venues. We all know the game. ACTION that follows belief is an integral part of racism. Consider the Holocaust for example- note the ACTION of the high IQ Germans:

"He called the method of mass killing he invented Sardinenpackung. As Meier
describes, it involved forcing victimes to lie together face down and side
and side and killing them with Genickschussen, then forcing the next group
of victims who preceded them to form another layer, ignoring the victims;
terror and horror in the interest of efficiently filling up the killing pit.
Jeckeln's despicably cruel execution protocols destroys SS claims, during
and after the warm that its executions were 'correct' military-style executions
of partisans. Himmler's goal was mass murder.. By the end of August 1941,
commanding the Kommandostab SS FIrst Brigade in the western Ukraine, Jeckeln
had personally supervised the murder of more than 44,000 human beings, the
largest total of Jews murdered by any of Himmler's virulent legions that month."

-- Richard Rhodes. Masters of Death: The Ss-Einsatzgruppen .. 2002

The excuse many make is that "oh, I just believe my race is better. Is that so bad"? They leave out the other part- ACTION.

Everyone is welcome to their belief its the ACTIONS that follow that strip away the pretense. So no, apologists for racism may not go about shooting people, but they will take other ACTIONS, like distorting the historical record about Africa and Africans, slandering Africa and Africans and so on. SO they may keep broadcasting such distortions like "affirmative action" being responsible for black progress and how legions of "unqualified" blacks are "taking our jobs" or how "reverse discrimination" in rampant int he workplace.. etc and other such propaganda.

But all these claims are false. The primary beneficiaries of "Affirmative action" for example are white women,and black income, education, and employment was ALREADY on the upswing BEFORE Affirmative action programs in the 1970s. Furthermore credible surveys show AA complaints at enforcement agencies at the EEOC face a two year backlog, and contract enforcement efforts are minimal, if done at all. Also, so called "reverse discrimination" in the workplace, while it has occurred is very small, and heavily involves gender. ONE of the manifestations of today's racism is not snarling KKK or marching Nazis. It is the steady drumbeat of distortion and propaganda, where people can maintain "plausible denial" beneath a genteel exterior. There are other manifestations, but the simple refrain- "Is it so bad I believe my race is better?" is not as innocent as it is made out to be. Certain ACTIONS follow as a result such as deliberate slander, distortion and deception regarding the "Other".

http://nilevalleypeoples..com/2011/04/quick-regime-kill-hopes-in-libya.html
Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by BlackLeopard(m): 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous person!

How can a person like you who thinks supports deviancy know what is good contribution?

Efulefu grin

Now, mi back to the topic.
Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by axum: 11:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
Somalis are not Racist. Ethiopians and Eritreans cheesy are more racist
Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by Sagamite(m): 2:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
BlackLeopard:

Efulefu grin

Now, mi back to the topic.

Go turn your back to iconize!
Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by zubby29(m): 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
avuekwe: How about when a village in a particular state discriminates against another village in the same state? Btw they speak same language but with different dialect. How do u classify that one? Is it a case of minority being racist? (na question i dey ask o abeg)
I pray dat some day Nigeria n's will c demand sells as d same
Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by BlackLeopard(m): 11:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
all4naija:

Nah, he prolly ain't, and even if he was, da problem ain't the illness, da problem is hate.

And hate's his own decision, an in his hands ta change.
Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by ooshinibos: 11:53am On Sep 10, 2014
makahlj2:

No, stopping teaching evolution is not a solution, but a defeatist measure at best. And moreover, evolution is at the base of many areas of modern science, and sending it to the garbage bin would negatively affect the human civilization as a whole. I have no problems with evolution and will explain why. Yes, Darwin and Huxley were notorious racists, but this doesn't make the fruits of their work less valid. The modern version of evolution tells us that white people have evolved from black people under the evolutionary pressure of the extreme climatic conditions of the Ice Age. Such extreme evolutionary pressures never produce superior results - only inferior. For example, the sickle cell gene has evolved under the extreme pressure of the deadly malaria disease. One hardly can argue that the sickle cell sufferers are somewhat superior, right? The same holds true with the so called "whites" - feeble creatures with pink skin which burns so easily that they cannot thrive in their own ancestral homeland - Africa, suffer from melanoma and other deadly skin neoplastic diseases etc. Whites are indeed inferior and it is proven by the very same evolution you want to hide from public view.

you have some solid points but when you mentioned that white are inferior to blacks you are going the same way of the evil machine called racism , we should not fall into the same error they did , NO race is superior to the other , oh yes we are different to one another but evoultion has so distributed the genes so that we can complement one another as per our different specialities and skills , we are currently doing that but not fast enough . i have lived in both Africa and europe ..and America ..any its vivid that each race are flawed and we have a lot in common and we can learn form one another , , for example look at your Nigeria , which have been endowed with natural resources but to the surprise of the world , the country is still ravaged with poverty and madness while some other countries have no natural resources like nigeria and poverty is less ..Please can you explain this to us if this is a genetic disorder in the genes of Nigeraians or its simple fact that black people dont know how to run a nation and that we should learn from other skilled races that have performed well or call other skilled races to help us .
Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by Nobody: 4:55am On Sep 25, 2014
Unfortunately the answer is clearly YES, YES and YES!

It happens all the time! If you look at the US for example, the debate continues of African Americans vs. African. Some African American people "may" agree that every black person in the world has roots from Africa! However, they will argue till the end of the day (lol) that they are different from each other even though we are all the same color. In some instances, you have dark skin vs. light skin - an ongoing debate! Both of these will always be "hot" topics because no matter how many times unity is communicated across the board - PEOPLE will always have their opinion! I am amazed when I see people go on & their thought process but I choose to accept & love everyone ~ best choice ever lol
Re: Can Minorities Be Racist? by Bantukiller(m): 11:03am On Jan 31, 2022
WE SOMALIS ARE ARYAN RACE ACCORDING TO WIKIPEDIA! ADOLF HITLER ADMIRED SOMALIS. EVEN BRITISH SAID WE ARE NOT AFRICAN! I SAY WE SOMALI BROTHERS SHOULD FOLLOW NAZI AND HITLER PRINCIPLES TO FIX OUR HOMELANDS! WE MUST PUT ASIDE QABIL AND CLAN AND BE ONE SOMALI NATION! WE NEED A STRONG LEADER LIKE A SOMALI HITLER TO MAKE US GREAT AGAIN. WE MUST STOP THE RACE MIXING AND ELIMINATE RACE TRAITORS! OUR WOMEN BELONG TO US, IF THEY HAVE SEX OR GET PREGNANT BY A NON SOMALI WE MUST KILL MOTHER AND CHILD. WE NEED TO START THIS PROCESS NOW TO HAVE A THOUSAND YEARS REICH! HEIL HITLER! SIEG HEIL 88!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Culture affects Marriage Among Educated (westernized) Nigerians / Project Tour Nigeria Launched In Abuja (Photos) / A Thread Fi Jamaican Patois!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.