Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,119 members, 7,957,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:37 AM

What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum (21418 Views)

How Much Is Your House Rent / Lagos House Rent: How To Reduce The Chances Of Being Scammed. / Is There A Law In Lagos Regulating House Rent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by ogawisdom(m): 9:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
Very sensible question
Single is 10 -20percent
Married. 20 - 30percent
Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by meforyou1(m): 9:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
Op, your question is hypocritical. I am a federal employee, and earn same with every other of my colleague in any part of this country. But my annual rent in abuja for 3 bedroom is about 2 million, while my colleagues pay about 150 thousand to 250 in 3 bedrooms and duplexes they live in other parts of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by tellwisdom: 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
Guy, go rent small shop dey sleep inside...You are still poor sad
Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
My mother strongly advises me to maintain it at 30%...

Adventurist: Hello house, please what percentage of one's annual earnings should constitute your house rent for a year? I am in the process of securing a nice accomodation however I jst want to make sure am not spending too much on the crib. Any financial planner in the house kindly assist.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 29, 2014
Adventurist: Hello house, please what percentage of one's annual earnings should constitute your house rent for a year? I am in the process of securing a nice accomodation however I jst want to make sure am not spending too much on the crib. Any financial planner in the house kindly assist.
20-30percent is ideal !

Anything above that is crazy !
Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by alaladakosta(f): 9:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
kaymatic: 10% is d ideal rate

Sir, he is not talking bout face me I slap u.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by 9jageek: 9:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
Rent should be one quarter 1/4 of earnings..

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by rydeorsail(m): 9:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
your one month salary should be able to pay for your yearly accomodation+feeding allowances for the family..that way you have savings for investments etc

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by iceberylin(m): 9:37pm On Aug 29, 2014
will it Change anything
Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by Fhemmmy: 9:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
Olumidzti: that's too much. For instance, don't you think a man earning 100k monthly (1.2m annually) & and paying 30k (360k annually) for house rent is living above his means? How much will he spend on feeding, clothing, transport, fuel (if he has a car or uses a gen, or uses both), school fees (if he has children)? How much will he save? when will he build his own house? 30% could only be justifiable if the house is located at a place where none of the family member will spend on transport or if the man is single, doesn't plan to have a family, doesn't plan to build his own house.

I dont think it is too much.....
360K Naira a year for accommodation is not too much at all, cos it means you have roughly 840K Naira left for the rest of all expenses.
What kinda job would you be doing to spend money monthly on clothing, in Nigeria, you buy your food in bulk and cook to eat in the house and cut down on your "Point and Kill joint"
Transportation, i will assume you have your own car, and if you dont, i am not familiar with cost of moving from one side to the other in Nigeria.
Fuel will be used only when you are home and for your ride if you have one and i dont see that as breaking the bank, i could be wrong cos i have no idea the cost of buying gas out there.
If you have children, you wont be paying school fees every year.
AGAIN, the 30% to me is the threshold that you wont wanna pass, if you are able to make it smaller, by all means
Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by Blockus: 9:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
hmm..

Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by Booty4me: 9:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
ayusco85: Hmmm sign of end time....na wu plant dis yam?

Lool pussii yam
Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by BestNaija(m): 9:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
[size=28pt]20% or less.[/size]

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by ayusco85(m): 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
alaladakosta: .

Bad yam .

Lol
Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by Fhemmmy: 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
rydeorsail: your one month salary should be able to pay for your yearly accomodation+feeding allowances for the family..that way you have savings for investments etc

You mean 1/12th should pay a yearly rent, that will be low oh
Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
20% for me.

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by odiyaka(m): 9:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
summation of your 2 months salary should be OK. it also depends on ow much u earn and what part of the country u stay. your 2 months salary may get u a very beautiful n comfortable 3 bedroom apartment in kaduna for instance and the same may not in abuja.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by ayusco85(m): 9:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
Booty4me:

Lool pussii yam

Choi shocked

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by GoodFaith: 9:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
30%of ur income should be for rent or mortgage
Most people go to rent or mortgage are about 40%
Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by rukyboy(m): 9:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
10 percent of your annual gross income!

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
Olumidzti: that's too much. For instance, don't you think a man earning 100k monthly (1.2m annually) & and paying 30k (360k annually) for house rent is living above his means? How much will he spend on feeding, clothing, transport, fuel (if he has a car or uses a gen, or uses both), school fees (if he has children)? How much will he save? when will he build his own house? 30% could only be justifiable if the house is located at a place where none of the family member will spend on transport or if the man is single, doesn't plan to have a family, doesn't plan to build his own house.
30% is justifiable based on environment and with 100,000pm , one bedroom flat of 300k per annum is ideal or a self contain of 200k constituting 30-20% of your income while u still have 900/800k to determine your life ....

Environment matters and tis not a bad idea to spend extra cash in securing accomodation in a protected, organised and sane environment ......

A working class shouldn't live where
you are the only working class , area primarily dominated by students and all these market women, etc ( to avoid stories that touch)

I prefer living in an environment characterised by people beyond me, just to secure accomodation within your own level and get motivated constructively.

5 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by Bawss1(m): 9:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
OP come and ask this question in Abuja first.

All the people saying 20-30% will not survive in Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by GoodFaith: 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
meforyou1: Op, your question is hypocritical. I am a federal employee, and earn same with every other of my colleague in any part of this country. But my annual rent in abuja for 3 bedroom is about 2 million, while my colleagues pay about 150 thousand to 250 in 3 bedrooms and duplexes they live in other parts of Nigeria.
The issue is with the dumb way Nigeria government do thing In the develop people in the same level make the same pay
But cost of living is built in to different region

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by amynoacid(m): 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
MRbrownJAY: @OP
- how old are you?
- single/engaged/married/any kids?
- are you taking care of family members?
- whats your reason for renting this place?
@op kindly tend to the question above then we could give an helping answer.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
D amount of ur rent na 'anytin u get' ? undecided u supos knw d exact money wey u go pay na grin

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by iph0neb0t: 10:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
33%
Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by Bryan12(m): 10:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
Am Learning
Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by olaayodele(m): 10:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
10% is ideal.May be because I am a low income earner. I'm spending just that on my 3 bedroom apartment here in the north. 5 % may not be ideal for me considering the size of my family
Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
9jageek: Rent should be one quarter 1/4 of earnings..
=25%
Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by allanphash7(m): 10:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
the state you base determine how much you pay cos you dont expect somebody working in the same organisation with you that you are place on the same salary who lives in abuja and you that live somewhere in oshogbo who both live in 3bedroom flats pay the same amount. u garrit?
Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by Jarus(m): 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
For me
Re: What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum by richtubor: 10:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
One month income. One twelveth should be sustainable.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? / My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water / 8 Factors To Consider Before Buying Land To Build Your Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.