Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. (30004 Views)

Students Sitting On The Floor At Tafawa-Balewa University For Lectures (Photo) / Varsity Admission Crisis A Time Bomb – Iornem / Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by RebelLeader15(m): 3:26pm On Sep 05, 2014
Tdrumz:

Jesus Christ Of Babylon? angry
yea....Jesus christ of Babylon
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by RebelLeader15(m): 3:27pm On Sep 05, 2014
Tdrumz:

Jesus Christ Of Babylon? angry
yea....Jesus christ of Babylon

Nazareth is for the bible, Babylon is for NL
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by IYANGBALI: 3:27pm On Sep 05, 2014
Only God know what these country,s education is turning to,I doesn't knows why school childrens are feiling there exams this days,imagine ordinary english they doesn't knows how to pass and they doesn't even know how to spoke it correctively

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by StealthyMe(m): 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2014
otijah: according to the above post "However, eight out of the 36 states in Nigeria recorded a score less than 10%. These states include Adamawa, Jigawa, Sokoto, Zamfara and Kebbi. Others are Gombe, Bauchi and Yobe". what is wrong with the educational sector in the north?

Probably because of the unexposed background of MOST Northern children..

Placing cut-offs for entrance into Secondary Schools in the North outrageously in comparison to other regions in the Nation will definitely lead to failure.

When the Unity cut off for Anambra is 130marks , the cut off for Yobe is 2 marks..What do we expect ?
You can check Here

God Help Nigeria !

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 05, 2014
The government has to scale down on increasing population in Nigeria. I think that huge population is indirectly having untold effects on the education system due to the poor nature of most Nigerians and the resources to take care of the education system and proper security for examination bodies.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2014
neighbourhud:
Abi o grin

Though....in mitigation.....Who Wants to be a Millionaire offers N10million for answering general knowledge questions(if you can get past fastest fingers first).

I believe there used to be a (sponsored by Zain, now Airtel) University challenge type TV show too(included other African universities).....where the winner gets some good cash.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by kakakent: 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2014
otijah: according to the above post "However, eight out of the 36 states in Nigeria recorded a score less than 10%. These states include Adamawa, Jigawa, Sokoto, Zamfara and Kebbi. Others are Gombe, Bauchi and Yobe". what is wrong with the educational sector in the north?
(

Bros dem say na ihejirika cos. Am

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by berrystunn(m): 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2014
Check The % of Anambra girls with the best results.... Am sure they make up more then 70% of the result in Lagos state. 40% in edo state.. Then 30 30 % in other states. grin.
I love our girls...on top.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by sultangem: 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2014
the blame is on the students who waste their time and energy on football analysis everyday .Ask them which match is coming up tomorrow,next tomorrow till next month they will tell u everything by heart,ask them to name 10 players of Chelsea,arsenal,etc,you will surprise with their photographic brain but ask them to define Biology,Chemistry or to name the first 20 elements that is when you will realize the level of ignorant they are.All Cities are full of football bets,they are the one participate most,it his high time these Nigerians must sit down are rethink,these are the leaders of tomorrow,wasting their life in irrelevancies.Let me ask what is going to be the future of this generation?.The government also did not help the situation,They keep on promoting football day in day out while our education is in Shamble and university education is in jungle of retrogression.Nigerians it is time to rethink oooooooo.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by LOC1(m): 3:36pm On Sep 05, 2014
Everyone coming out to say trash. I thought waec was like school examination not untill i got into the hall to observe the difference. The problem here lies in the standard of our secondary school examination questions when compared to that of waec. You will surely agree with me that there is a clear difference.Everyone coming out to say trash. I thought waec was like school examination not untill i got into the hall to observe the difference. The problem here lies in the standard of our secondary school examination questions when compared to that of waec. You will surely agree with me that there is a clear difference.Everyone coming out to say trash. I thought waec was like school examination not untill i got into the hall to observe the difference. The problem here lies in the standard of our secondary school examination questions when compared to that of waec. You will surely agree with me that there is a clear difference.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 05, 2014
ThanK GOD I wrote mine 2013 and made all my papers.
Maths= c6
english= c4
economics= c4
igbo= A1
C.R.K= b3
biology= c6
government= b2
agric science= b3
literature in english= c6
Don't i deserve some likes from you guys? Or una bad belle no gree una?......i still thank God i made it once!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by LOC1(m): 3:37pm On Sep 05, 2014
enemmo:

Nigerian students have been failing WAEC Loong before Reality TV,Please address the problem.Falling standard of Education

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 05, 2014
Tdrumz:

Hu b dis one sef? undecided
Emini Smith and you pretty one are?
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Theultimate(m): 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2014
Thank GOD for my youngest brother. He had three B3, while others are Cs

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by myhero4eva: 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
Oh my gudness! Dis is really worst than Bokoharam and ebola outbreak! Our govt hs reali failed on their regislative responsibilities to its people, both in policy making and implementation. All they r busy doin is to make sure they destroy anytin dat comes in betwn them and self enrichment, while 2days educatn continues to deny us of our future leaders... God will surely visit them with their wickedness generatns upon generatns. Amen

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by akpanikpe(m): 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
Reading the comments

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Johnnoo(m): 3:42pm On Sep 05, 2014
Reading culture is on the decline

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by blaxx: 3:44pm On Sep 05, 2014
Is it that na me no see Rivers State for that list or e no just dey at all?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by myhero4eva: 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2014
LOC1: Everyone coming out to say trash. I thought waec was like school examination not untill i got into the hall to observe the difference. The problem here lies in the standard of our secondary school examination questions when compared to that of waec. You will surely agree with me that there is a clear difference.Everyone coming out to say trash. I thought waec was like school examination not untill i got into the hall to observe the difference. The problem here lies in the standard of our secondary school examination questions when compared to that of waec. You will surely agree with me that there is a clear difference.Everyone coming out to say trash. I thought waec was like school examination not untill i got into the hall to observe the difference. The problem here lies in the standard of our secondary school examination questions when compared to that of waec. You will surely agree with me that there is a clear difference.
i agree wit u bro, TEACH BLACK IN CLASS AND SET WHITE IN WAEC/WASSCE

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Louislewis: 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
What do you expect when students are facebooking instead of reading or facing their books. What do you expect when parents use their hands to buy phones that are internet and musically ready? What do you expect when all the TV stations in Nigeria are no longer for information, education, but basically for entertainment. What do you expect when assignments now, is dub and paste through the internet. So many things are wrong now. Going through the result, is it not glaring that those in remote states without much entertaining TV station, less internet access via phone, computers or other multimedia performed better than those in the cities where you have all these nonsenses call social media. Parents, have checkmate policies for your wards in your home since those in authorities of government policies continued to failed us because of financial gains.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by mrofficial(m): 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
IYANGBALI: Only God know what these country,s education is turning to,I doesn't knows why school childrens are feiling there exams this days,imagine ordinary english they doesn't knows how to pass and they doesn't even know how to spoke it correctively

Trying to be funny? Yea, I'm laughing. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Well, it is nice that Anambra state is doing well, but it isn't enough to do well....you also have to make sure your education is producing something.

Is Anambra State a producing state? How many jobs have the newly educated grads created?

Can't you be positive for once and focus to the topic of their excellent performance. What state has the highest amount of people with high individual income...richest individuals? Is Anambra. There is a saying that you can not find a poor anambra person.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by gmcb: 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2014
Read this on this forum few weeks ago. I think it explains the present situation more.
BBA sponsored by Coca-Cola: $300,000 (N48m). MTN
Project Fame: N7.5m & SUV. Etisalat’s Nigerian Idol:
N5m & multi-million naira contract. Glo naija sings:
N5m & SUV. Gulder ultimate search: N10m plus
endorsements & SUV.
COWBELL Mathematics competition: N100k. Lagos
State Spelling Bee: N50k. School scrabble: N25k. Cool-
FM spelling game: A goodie bag filled with Amila drink.
And someone is asking why there is so much failure in
WASSCE?”
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 05, 2014
LOC1: Everyone coming out to say trash. I thought waec was like school examination not untill i got into the hall to observe the difference. The problem here lies in the standard of our secondary school examination questions when compared to that of waec. You will surely agree with me that there is a clear difference.

Here is the problem with your comment

You think that school is where you do all the learning.
[size=15pt]Wrong. School just gives you a framework. You are expected to build on that framework by reading beyond your notes taken down in class. In other words READ WIDELY

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Lilimax(f): 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
They prefer almajiri type of education.
...Bokoharam things embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Abatsam111(m): 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2014
Akpos was owing his landlord,
3years house rent.
Akpos always come back at
nights and he will sneek through
the window and enter his room
every night. The landlord could not be able to
get him at day time, so he
decided to call him on phone.
grin......grin.....grin....., that is akpos phone ringing.
Akpos noticed that it's his
landlord that is calling him on
phone.
Akpos changed his voice and he
picked-up the call.
Akpos: Hello....this is
"G.S.M"....General-Service-mochuary..
If you need an ambulance press 1.
If you have a dead body with you
press 2.
If your mother is dead and you
want us to send an ambulance to you press 3.
If you your child is dead press 4.
we also have many seize of
coffin,
To get one for your self press 5.
Or press 0 to talk to one of our costomers
representative's.
Landlord: abeg na wrong number
oooooo
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Bbklopsy: 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2014
What do u expect when u practice policies without takin acct of its effect.Frm proffessional point of view,i can authoritatively tell u that d repeated act of using corpers 2 teach is one of d major,if nt d major contributor of what is being played out in our academic system.and if notting urgent is done 2 remedy d situatn,hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2014
Knowledge9000:

Very useless fo$ol. Can't you be positive for once and focus to the topic of their excellent performance. What state has the highest amount of people with high individual income...richest individuals? Is Anambra. There is a saying that you can not find a poor anambra person.

Well, the aim of education is basically to use set knowledge to improve things.

If Anambra state can use its brilliant WASSCE passing students to eventually transform itself into a center for industry, and job development and new research....just like Japan and China are....then I am sure that education is being put to good use.

Like developing new and improved palm oil varieties for example....or new machines to harvest the palm oil. Or a Anambra made car or aeroplane. Or a strong machine tools industry. Or a new way to extract energy from refuse.

Education isn't for showing off you know.It is for making your society the best....and then going beyond that best.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Bagwellz(m): 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
undecidedundecided
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Jerryolumide(m): 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
Misterpaul: Here is a table showing the summary of the statistics.

People with low self esteem are shouting "Exam malpractice" "Miracle center" Lol.

This statistics clearly shows the region/states that are educationally forward, Jamb has also proved the same thing.
But, still some insecured and deluded people will be deceiving themselves that they are the most educated in Nigeria just to stroke there dented ego..
Instead of them to use this statistics as a fact to wake there leaders up to do something about the falling standard of education, they are here shouting "malpractice"
incase u dnt knw, weac ain't the true test of knowledge
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by jevic(m): 4:10pm On Sep 05, 2014
Anambra all the WAY. .........LIGHT OF THE NATION!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by LOC1(m): 4:11pm On Sep 05, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Here is the problem with your comment

You think that school is where you do all the learning.
[size=15pt]Wrong. School just gives you a framework. You are expected to build on that framework by reading beyond your notes taken down in class. In other words READ WIDELY

[/size]

everyone seems to be blaming the students. lets observe a practical subject like PHYSICS. Even reading outside that which you were given in class won't help because good standards must be put in place by schools to outstand that of any external examination body. The fact here is that there are many sub standard schools in nigeria who are out there to maximize profit.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pius Ojemolon Bags 19 Awards At University Of Benin Convocation / Simple Looking But Difficult Pattern, Only Geniuses Can Get This / FUTMinna Orders 100-Level Students To Withdraw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.