Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. (29986 Views)

Students Sitting On The Floor At Tafawa-Balewa University For Lectures (Photo) / Varsity Admission Crisis A Time Bomb – Iornem / Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 05, 2014
[size=13pt]Nigerians, see reason. Are you telling me our entire young generation is inflicted with the same "unseriousness" because of "modern technology"?? GET REAL. What of other countries whose children have access to even more tech gadgets and toys, and 24/7 electricity? Why are they not flunking?? Face the REAL problems in Nigeria's education system and stop that rubbish. Are most schools even equipped with the ICT technologies that are available to help children learn?? And you have the nerve to say they have too much technology. Idiots run this country.[/size]

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by IYANGBALI: 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: ThanK GOD I wrote mine 2013 and made all my papers.
Maths= c6
english= c4
economics= c4
igbo= A1
C.R.K= b3
biology= c6
government= b2
agric science= b3
literature in english= c6
Don't i deserve some likes from you guys? Or una bad belle no gree una?......i still thank God i made it once!!!
see your mouth you goted C4 in english and you are making noise,I goted A2 in english when I wroted mine

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
IYANGBALI: see your mouth you goted C4 in english and you are making noise,I goted A2 in english when I wroted mine
chai!!! A2 kwa? Mr. Check well nah NABTEB wey u write no be WASSCE abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by TrebleChamp(m): 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2014
Blame it on too much facebooking, twittering, whatsapping, 2going and the other internet stuffs the youth indulge in. Our youth of today spend too much time on the internet instead of studying their books and acquire proper knowledge. I pray for our future generation.....
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Orikinla(m): 4:28pm On Sep 05, 2014
Nigerian pupils and students performed better under military administrations.
Since 1999 to date, Nigeria has been under the most incompetent government since independence from colonial rule.
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by guiddoti: 4:28pm On Sep 05, 2014
There are many factors contributing to mass failure. I remembered my first waec-gce was very bad until I laid hold on the marking scheme. I critically examined the way questions was answered, how marks are shared. Though, teachers are trying on their own part but they need explain to their students on how questions are answered. During those days, I was writing jaggons, thinking I'm on the point. The students want to write to impress the marker with no cogent points. Until the students are taught how to answer questions, the same mass failure will be the order of the day.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 05, 2014
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 05, 2014
To me I believe there is too much of fun and this get rich quick mentality everywhere for these kids.... U see secondary school guys and girls going to clubs, trying to be like olamide(entertainment) for sports they want to be like mikel obi and so many other sectors. God help us..... One solution I think can help is private sectors, entertainment big wigs should all come together and encourage these young school leavers probably with mouth watery scholarships and so on...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by searay(m): 4:44pm On Sep 05, 2014
johnbosco97: [color=#006600][/color]

I am also waiting for the NECO result. Expecting Southeast to lead the way. IBO-I before others.
You mean the copy and paste Ibos? I hope so.
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by guiddoti: 4:45pm On Sep 05, 2014
StealthyMe:

Probably because of the unexposed background of MOST Northern children..

Placing cut-offs for entrance into Secondary Schools in the North outrageously in comparison to other regions in the Nation will definitely lead to failure.

When the Unity cut off for Anambra is 130marks , the cut off for Yobe is 2 marks..What do we expect ?
You can check Here

God Help Nigeria !
infact, I tire for these quotas share. No b d same head.
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
enemmo:

Nigerian students have been failing WAEC Loong before Reality TV,Please address the problem.Falling standard of Education
that's a nigga's comment. Wait till you see mine.
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by popson1st: 4:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
Waiting for APC to blame PDP on this.

Our leaders playing rugby with the lives of the citizens..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Mayowa1056(m): 4:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
Dia is God oooooh!
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Infoay: 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2014
Our Educational sector et al need REVIVAL
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by moyinoluwabun(m): 5:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
Misterpaul: Here is a table showing the summary of the statistics.

People with low self esteem are shouting "Exam malpractice" "Miracle center" Lol.

This statistics clearly shows the region/states that are educationally forward, Jamb has also proved the same thing.
But, still some insecured and deluded people will be deceiving themselves that they are the most educated in Nigeria just to stroke there dented ego..
Instead of them to use this statistics as a fact to wake there leaders up to do something about the falling standard of education, they are here shouting "malpractice"
with all d media hype of Opon Imo in Osun, they are still no. 22 on d table. Diaris God oooo Aregbe
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by StealthyMe(m): 5:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
guiddoti: infact, I tire for these quotas share. No b d same head.

It got plenty people wondering oo...some even thought it was a lie
When they're being taught according to the same syllabus
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Fikunolami: 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
Serious issues raised here.

It is no surprising because the system made it so. Worst still, parents are the number one cause of this misadventure.

From the system; imagine the winner of MTN project fame walking away with millions of naira with a brand new SUV and a recording deal running into another millions. Etisalat idol comes with same offer. Guilder ultimate search also doll out millions and other largesse. These are what the children watch this days. WHILE Cowbell mathematics competition goes for 100k and other for less. Then let us ask ourselves, which one will they long to go for: millions in winning a show or jobless after NYSC?

On the part of the parents, how many parent today even read at all? Children learn by watching their parents. Most times, parents get their children sit in front of TV so that they can allow them to rest. Parents pay for examination runs for their children among others.

Please let us go back to the drawing board where children plays are articles of education, parents are more interested in serious children not those with high grades with no brain (paid for by parents). TV watching should be censored by parents and parents too should encourage reading.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
[size=28pt]Thank God for the SE and SS
The "brains" of Nigeria[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by guiddoti: 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2014
Babymama1: [size=28pt]Thank God for the SE and SS
The "brains" of Nigeria[/size]
what is ur contribution, mama boyboy.?
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by guiddoti: 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
searay:
searay:
searay:
what are you saying?
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by ifekemmy(f): 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
Our girls no book wella
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Padipadi(m): 5:19pm On Sep 05, 2014
otijah: according to the above post "However, eight out of the 36 states in Nigeria recorded a score less than 10%. These states include Adamawa, Jigawa, Sokoto, Zamfara and Kebbi. Others are Gombe, Bauchi and Yobe". what is wrong with the educational sector in the north?
The northerners v been known for low education. But what's happening at WAEC is just how bad Nigeria is.
The country is moving towards that terrible stage I don't want to imagine.
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 05, 2014
From last year in case we have forgotten

The report showed that Bayelsa State had the highest number of deregistered schools (13), followed by Delta (12), Ondo (cool, Kaduna (7), Cross River (7), Imo (7), Plateau (6), Rivers (6) Kogi (5) Lagos (5) Nasarawa (5), Sokoto (4) Anambra (4).
No schools were de-recognized in Taraba, Ebonyi, Borno, Niger, Adamawa, FCT and Yobe states. South-South has the highest number of de-registered schools (35.1%), followed by South-West (19.3%), North Central (15.7%), North West (15%), South East (13.2%), and North East (1.7%).

http://www.mydailynewswatchng.com/waec-delists-113-schools-bars-3321-candidates-blacklists-118-principals/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by fidzy(m): 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2014
If to get a job or get into universities now depends on connections why would they be serious?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by omoadeleye(m): 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2014
my suggestion is dat, since internet and all this latest technology won't stop seducing us. I would like if all our courses should be read inline, course me kinda comprehend online articles pass all those boring write up on textbooks oo, lol, i spent 60% of my time on net and manage at least 20% on reading while the remaning 20% is to sleep and eat.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Freest(m): 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2014
Not surprised... Kudos to Anambra state, they really deserve it. All the efforts by former Governor Peter Obi, wasn't in vain...
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by bigtt76(f): 5:32pm On Sep 05, 2014
Book Boko Haram grin did you not noticed that Boko was coined from Book? He couldn't even spell book correctly tongue

otijah: according to the above post "However, eight out of the 36 states in Nigeria recorded a score less than 10%. These states include Adamawa, Jigawa, Sokoto, Zamfara and Kebbi. Others are Gombe, Bauchi and Yobe". what is wrong with the educational sector in the north?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by monex(m): 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: chai!!! A2 kwa? Mr. Check well nah NABTEB wey u write no be WASSCE abeg.

ABCDEF grading started in 2000

some of us don old brother
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by icekidgodfrey(m): 5:48pm On Sep 05, 2014
When I see stuffs like this, i only pity the people cos i know what it feels like.
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Well, the aim of education is basically to use set knowledge to improve things.

If Anambra state can use its brilliant WASSCE passing students to eventually transform itself into a center for industry, and job development and new research....just like Japan and China are....then I am sure that education is being put to good use.

Like developing new and improved palm oil varieties for example....or new machines to harvest the palm oil. Or a Anambra made car or aeroplane. Or a strong machine tools industry. Or a new way to extract energy from refuse.

Education isn't for showing off you know.It is for making your society the best....and then going beyond that best.
We are getting there slowly. Look into threads like Enugu the pride of the East. "https://www.nairaland.com/979128/enugu-pride-east/208" great discussions going on there for SE development.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Download Full Jamb Book: The Last Days At Forcados High School / Pius Ojemolon Bags 19 Awards At University Of Benin Convocation / Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.