Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,727 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:15 AM

What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . (19975 Views)

His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Photo Of The Day: When Your Wife Earns More Than You. / When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
lomaxx: My wife earning more than me doesn't automatically translate to her being the breadwinner. I will pick all my family bills to the last naira - my wife may choose to help at her discretion. Her money is her money. If I run into shortage, I may borrow from her- pick the bills. When I'm back on my feet, I'll pay back to the last dime.

Besides, who wouldn't be proud of a woman that makes more benjamins than he does? I definitely will be. On an alternate universe, I'll see it as a challenge to hustle harder and be the man she will always be proud of. Only insecure men go about hating on their wife's better income. Only lazy men will sit at home and wait for madam to pick family bills. I'm none of those.

My humble submission.
Seriously, if all men reason like you, the world would be a better place. very disciplined and intelligent man you are. its because of men like you that God made man the head of the home.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Rehil(f): 1:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
tebirim: I love you for this statement. I wish every lady can be like you. May God bless you and also bless me with a good wife soon....
amen
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
Rehil: the so call feminist r just tryin to displace the natural order that God had arranged things.the day a woman considers herself as equal to her husband that day she is pronoucing judgement on herself.may God help us.
there is something you should know as a woman. Your creator created both men and women equally- strenghts may differ but it was done for males and females to complement each other. now in a marriage, there are two equal partners but the autority to head the home has been given to the man. that does not in any way degrade the woman as a human being. She has to be submissive so that things can run smoothly in the home just as an assistant Director has to continually see himself as a surbordinate to his director-that changes nothing,they are both equals but he has to respect that authority. i hope we are on the same page?

1 Like

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by dynatress: 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
Lightening:

Very correct. Confirm from PEJ
but mama peace go school na cheesy
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
You guys have more money to spend and or save.....that's what happens!!!
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by whitecat007: 3:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
Same bank account anyway! So how do you keep tab on who makes what
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by tunchi88(m): 5:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
Its Man God's given responsibilty to provide for his family because the last time a woman fed a man,we were all kicked out of the garden of Eden...*decipher2getdmessage..
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by marriedvirgin: 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
eleojo23: This is a potential source of problems. Truth be said, men in such situations tend to feel threatened and resentful towards their wives and this arises from their ego. It is due to the traditional belief that men ought to earn more. Some men can get so resentful/jealous that they begin to find fault in everything their wives do. If a man cannot stand the fact that his wife is earning more, then he should stand up and do something to increase his own earnings. But then, that is the competitive spirit at work and it won't be good for the marriage in the long run. One thing that must be understood is the fact that marriage is not a competition. It is a partnership. If one partner earns more, it should be seen as to the advantage of both. The man should appreciate his wife and the wife should maintain her respect for him. The fact that he earns less doesn't make him less of a man. His earnings could increase and surpass hers in the future.

yes,you men better pay your bills.When it comes to cheating,you are very active doing it and hurting the woman but when it comes to bills you become sober and ask the woman whom you cheated upon to help you pay bills after you must have spent your own money elsewhere.Wonders!!!
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
Spoil him more! What else? spoil the kids! Go out more! All the fun things cos he'd be sorting the serious bills! Abi kilotun ku?

YeaYeaNot
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by makizee(m): 11:38pm On Aug 30, 2014
lomaxx: My wife earning more than me doesn't automatically translate to her being the breadwinner. I will pick all my family bills to the last naira - my wife may choose to help at her discretion. Her money is her money. If I run into shortage, I may borrow from her- pick the bills. When I'm back on my feet, I'll pay back to the last dime.

Besides, who wouldn't be proud of a woman that makes more benjamins than he does? I definitely will be. On an alternate universe, I'll see it as a challenge to hustle harder and be the man she will always be proud of. Only insecure men go about hating on their wife's better income. Only lazy men will sit at home and wait for madam to pick family bills. I'm none of those.

My humble submission.

Funny enough, this is exactly what Islam and the sharia says, her money is her money, she can't choose to help out but if she doesn't want to..she's right and there is nothing Alhaji can do about it
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by 1one: 1:35am On Aug 31, 2014
Rehil: the so call feminist r just tryin to displace the natural order that God had arranged things.the day a woman considers herself as equal to her husband that day she is pronoucing judgement on herself.may God help us.

You're just too balanced in your comments... I envy your level of understanding... Please do you have a twin sister, or cousin or any female specie that threads the same mindset with you?.. Abeg I want oo.. If you have none, Can I marry your daughter?.. grin
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by 1one: 1:45am On Aug 31, 2014
RaphaellaDD:

You're not from this world oh grin thumbs up.

So as pretty as you are.... You're a wrestling fan ehn angry

1 Like

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by RaphaellaDD(f): 1:55am On Aug 31, 2014
1one:

So as pretty as you are.... You're a wrestling fan ehn angry

Yes oh is it a bad thing? grin
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by 1one: 1:59am On Aug 31, 2014
RaphaellaDD:

Yes oh is it a bad thing? grin

Ehn now.. See how fine you are, and you wouldn't want someone to spoil that face when you call them for mock Wrestlemania... Ehn would you? Because after watching John Cena vs Chris Jericho (hope I got the name right) You would want to practice the moves with someone
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by RaphaellaDD(f): 2:06am On Aug 31, 2014
1one:

Ehn now.. See how fine you are, and you wouldn't want someone to spoil that face when you call them for mock Wrestlemania... Ehn would you? Because after watching John Cena vs Chris Jericho (hope I got the name right) You would want to practice the moves with someone

Hehehe I used to practice with my sisters, until they made me sprain my thumb. Now I listen to the 'do not try this at home' warning. grin grin grin
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by 1one: 2:21am On Aug 31, 2014
RaphaellaDD:

Hehehe I used to practice with my sisters, until they made me sprain my thumb.Now I listen to the 'do not try this at home' warning. grin grin grin

grin grin grin

So I was unconsciously being psychic sef... It's a good thing it's just your thumb, not your nose.. I like your nose kiss. It reminds me of something lipsrsealed
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Rehil(f): 5:34am On Aug 31, 2014
1one:

You're just too balanced in your comments... I envy your level of understanding... Please do you have a twin sister, or cousin or any female specie that threads the same mindset with you?.. Abeg I want oo.. If you have none, Can I marry your daughter?.. grin
hahahahaha tanx.i wil giv u my 5yrs old daughter
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by SStoneCCold: 5:38am On Aug 31, 2014
Ever since my wife started earning more than me, she keeps telling me she will give me her "final answer" whenever we have any little misunderstanding. I'm still wondering what that means.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by 1one: 7:57am On Aug 31, 2014
Rehil: hahahahaha tanx.i wil giv u my 5yrs old daughter

I will wait... She just needs 13yrs more to be eligible.. And I'll be in my 40's then.. The patient dog they say... grin tongue
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by RaphaellaDD(f): 8:23am On Aug 31, 2014
1one:

grin grin grin

So I was unconsciously being psychic sef... It's a good thing it's just your thumb, not your nose.. I like your nose kiss. It reminds me of something lipsrsealed

Abeg leave my puff puff nose for me oh grin
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by 1one: 9:36am On Aug 31, 2014
RaphaellaDD:

Abeg leave my puff puff nose for me oh grin

You mean your gala nose grin

I can just imagine having that nose with Yoghurt grin
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by RaphaellaDD(f): 12:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
1one:

You mean your gala nose grin

I can just imagine having that nose with Yoghurt grin

shocked shocked gala? I don't blame you oh.
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Rehil(f): 5:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
1one:

I will wait... She just needs 13yrs more to be eligible.. And I'll be in my 40's then.. The patient dog they say... grin tongue
blood of Jesus!!hahahahaha
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by 1one: 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
RaphaellaDD:

shocked shocked gala? I don't blame you oh.

Ehen now.. Between Gala and puff puff, which one better pass, gala is packaged, protected from flies, puff puff on the hand is.. Well you know lipsrsealed. So which would you rather have your nose typify?.. Gala or puff puff grin
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by 1one: 6:45pm On Aug 31, 2014
Rehil: blood of Jesus!!hahahahaha

Jesus is Lord grin

1 Like

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by RaphaellaDD(f): 7:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
1one:

Ehen now.. Between Gala and puff puff, which one better pass, gala is packaged, protected from flies, puff puff on the hand is.. Well you know lipsrsealed. So which would you rather have your nose typify?.. Gala or puff puff grin

........neither one of them. In short, my nose is my nose. tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by 1one: 8:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
RaphaellaDD:

........neither one of them. In short, my nose is my nose. tongue tongue

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Godmystrength: 9:46am On Sep 01, 2014
SStoneCCold: Ever since my wife started earning more than me, she keeps telling me she will give me her "final answer" whenever we have any little misunderstanding. I'm still wondering what that means.
But if wasn't earning than you and she tells you the same thing would you still be wondering what it means? or what would you have attributed it to?

Apart from the fear that the woman will no longer be submissive when she starts earning than the husband, the other problem is THE MAN. Every little thing that happens in the house will be seen as a result of the woman's high earnings. If she tells her hubby one day that she is tired and can't cook, the husband will say it's not her fault since she is making more money. If they are having an argument on what to do with some money and the husband's suggestion is not taken, he will say it is because she is the one making more money. Somethings that will happen normally and they would have settled amicably will be tied to the woman acting up because she is earning more money. Some women start working on egg shells once they start earning more than their husbands because they won't be able to be their real selves any more. They have to be pretending and over conscious of everything they do or say.

Also some men that have not been fair to their wives when they were the ones making money will be afraid that it's going to be pay back time...because it will only take the grace of God for such woman not to pay back. Some men can oppress their wives with their money, they know the kind of satisfaction they derive from knowing that their wives can't do much without them. Imagine a man who believe that the only way to punish his wife when he is offended is to stop dropping money at home for things to be done until the woman begs and begs and begs and now all of a sudden, his money is no longer relevant in the house. Its just as if you have stripped him of ALL HIS POWER/AUTHORITY and the same men will be afraid of same treatment.

The same way MONEY POWER intoxicate MEN, it can/will also intoxicate WOMEN too. They are just human beings.
A once HUMBLE POOR MAN can/may/will turn to a PROUD RICH MAN overnight. why?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Echosam: 10:42am On Sep 01, 2014
Discover mysterious facts about sex, relationship and healthy romance today...visit www.virginology..com
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Gynacologist(m): 12:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
Rehil: It all boils down to d couples.i know that we are one,so wat belongs to me belong to him.he is the head of the family no matter what.God has placed him n not man who am i to question my God?i use to earn more than my husband some years back but i made sure i always present the money to him as our money.Presently i am not working,he collects his salary,brings it home n says its our salary.honestly dia shouldnt be division in d family as to who earns more,what d woman has belongs to d man n vice versa.u can earn millions more than ur husband but without his blessing and unity in the home u may never see the usefulness of such money.
one word undastanding.....
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by bukatyne(f): 7:06pm On Oct 09, 2014
jaybee3:

Funny how you failed to spot an unhealthy "competitive spirit" in his submission.

Would he eventually get frustrated if he isn't able to par or rise above the income of the wife?
Would that eventually lead to some sort of jealousy in the long run?

Funny how women fail to analyse the important aspects when choosing a life partner

LOL!

Very very true

That dude will make his wife's life miserable if she earns more for a long period of time

Human beings have the nack of seeing what they want to see and hearing what they want to hear
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by bukatyne(f): 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2014
Godmystrength:
But if wasn't earning than you and she tells you the same thing would you still be wondering what it means? or what would you have attributed it to?

Apart from the fear that the woman will no longer be submissive when she starts earning than the husband, the other problem is THE MAN. Every little thing that happens in the house will be seen as a result of the woman's high earnings. If she tells her hubby one day that she is tired and can't cook, the husband will say it's not her fault since she is making more money. If they are having an argument on what to do with some money and the husband's suggestion is not taken, he will say it is because she is the one making more money. Somethings that will happen normally and they would have settled amicably will be tied to the woman acting up because she is earning more money. Some women start working on egg shells once they start earning more than their husbands because they won't be able to be their real selves any more. They have to be pretending and over conscious of everything they do or say.

Also some men that have not been fair to their wives when they were the ones making money will be afraid that it's going to be pay back time...because it will only take the grace of God for such woman not to pay back. Some men can oppress their wives with their money, they know the kind of satisfaction they derive from knowing that their wives can't do much without them. Imagine a man who believe that the only way to punish his wife when he is offended is to stop dropping money at home for things to be done until the woman begs and begs and begs and now all of a sudden, his money is no longer relevant in the house. Its just as if you have stripped him of ALL HIS POWER/AUTHORITY and the same men will be afraid of same treatment.

The same way MONEY POWER intoxicate MEN, it can/will also intoxicate WOMEN too. They are just human beings.
A once HUMBLE POOR MAN can/may/will turn to a PROUD RICH MAN overnight. why?

I just had to quote you

Honestly, the major problem are the men. Imagine someone saying he will become a slave by taking his kids to school and doing chores at home

Some of them maltreated their wives and are afraid of pay back when the wife makes it. A lot of them has tied headship to earning power and so start to misinterprete all actions

Instead of them to be happy and let life continue

I wonder why some men see everything as a competition and ego contest.

Nigerian wives, pele.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's The Best Way To Discipline A Child? / What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? / Laconco Biography: Age, Child, New Body, Husband, Real Name, Weight Loss, Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.