Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,999 members, 7,952,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:48 AM

The Questions The Nigerian Military Must Answer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Questions The Nigerian Military Must Answer (611 Views)

Boko Haram Leader Shekau Dismisses Nigerian Military Claims / The Questions Okonjo-Iweala Could Not Answer By Oshiomhole / The Noblezone Verses The Trekkers! This Time He "Questions" The GEJ Trekkers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Questions The Nigerian Military Must Answer by nickxtra(m): 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
Since the Nigerian military was truly tested in the Nigerian civil war, the Nigerian military, comprising of the Army, Airforce and Navy has been sleeping, without the requisite update both in modern tactics and weapons. The Nigeria military, apart from being used by successive past and present Nigerian Government to assist in bringing peace to different troubled couintries in Africa, the invasion of hapless communities in Odi, etc and the challenge of the Niger Delta militancy, it has been gulping a large proportion of fiscal allocations, but what these funds have been used for is something Nigerians would want to ask, especially now that the military itself is complaining of lack of adequate and modern fighting equipments which accordinng to them,are not sophisticated enough. The questions I want us to ask is 1. Does that mean that the yearly budgets for the military have not been properly utilized for the right purpuse? 2. What is the essence of having a large and idle military which is feeding fat on the Nation's scarce resources? 3. What really is the work of the Nigerian Navy and the Air Force, consideirng their large personnel which gulps a lot of the nation's resources which could be used to finance education and health sectors? 4. Should Nigeria continue to keep a standing military, especially with an idle and 'workless' Navy and Air Force and even by extension a huge population of idle Army? To my mind, I believe untill thorough structural adjustment is properly carried in the military to be atune with the reality of Nigeria today, the military with her large unserviced and idle personnel will continue to consume the Nigerian resources, thereby growing pot bellies, while they will find it difficult to fight a battle as they are facing now with Boko Haram. Leave your suggestions please. No hard feelings, pls.
Re: The Questions The Nigerian Military Must Answer by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
I recognise your right to freedom of speech and as a tax payer, the right to clarify you doubts.

However, you have made some scathing assertions against the military that portrayed your ignorance or sarcasm on her workings thereby making any meaningful contribution an exercise in futility as you mind is already cast in lead.
Re: The Questions The Nigerian Military Must Answer by nickxtra(m): 6:42am On Aug 30, 2014
matify:

I recognise your right to freedom of speech and as a tax payer, the right to clarify you doubts.

However, you have made some scathing assertions against the military that portrayed your ignorance or sarcasm on her workings thereby making any meaningful contribution an exercise in futility as you mind is already cast in lead.
You are not communicating bros. I think you only want to write grammar, without an idea of what to say or you may have one, but don't know how to put it into unambiguos writing.
Re: The Questions The Nigerian Military Must Answer by Ibnsultan01: 7:15am On Aug 30, 2014
Nigerian Armforces have been suffering from neglect from IBB time, as military heads feared coup but 2000. In present time corruption by both politicians and military brass is the problem. All tru the liberian engagement troops had no body armor but it didn't stop them from going in to fight now morale is low as politician are destroying the military. Nig Navy is the only modern force in our military with its personnels having 21 century assault rifles and gears. It commands sizeable amt of military ship but also suffers from corruption. The Naf is shadow of its self. It is a junk yield with dead planes currently 7% ops capacity. Its QRF unit is well trained and equip and have been working along side Navy SBS units in NE for special tactical ops
Re: The Questions The Nigerian Military Must Answer by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 30, 2014
nickxtra: You are not communicating bros. I think you only want to write grammar, without an idea of what to say or you may have one, but don't know how to put it into unambiguos writing.

Grammar in the wee hour of the morning

I DOUBT.

(1) (Reply)

Obynoscopy Why Did You Close My Thread? / Breaking News: Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday / Shocker: Delta Community Where Residents’ Only Source Of Water Is Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.