Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,592 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Annoying Things Parents Sometimes Do. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Annoying Things Parents Sometimes Do. (1024 Views)

Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids / Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! / Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Annoying Things Parents Sometimes Do. by Olsoo(m): 1:40am On Aug 30, 2014
No matter how my parents annoy or 'vex' me,that doesn't in anyway decrease or change the love i have{and will always have} for them.
The love and care my parents show me at times makes me feel like I'm the only the only person in the world but there are some things they do at times which makes me ponder whether they truly are my parent or i was adopted. They include;
1) COMPARING ME WITH FRIENDS OR OTHER PEOPLE : I know i can't be the only person that hates this. I mean "we didn't come to this world together so why on earth do they expect me to behave like every other person and do things they do". The most annoying part is that the fact i quoted above only dawns on my parents whenever the person I'm being compared with does something bad and they'll just pretend as if they aren't aware and if i try bringing the issue up and remind them that 'isn't that the person you do compare me with?, and they'll now be like "The fingers on ones hand aren't equal besides we didn't come to this world together". I'll just look at them,SMH and be like : "You're just knowing that abi?

2) THINKING I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO :This annoys me a lot. It makes me feel like I'm dumb and makes me look stupiid. Take a look at this for scenario: I was asked to mob the floor.In the process,my dad just came out of nowhere and said; "you'll put it in the water,squeeze the mob-stick very well and use it to clean the floor". I was like; chai!!!! I'm dead. I'm not a fool now besides this ain't the 100th time i'll be doing it. I remember i was once doing my maths assignment while in JSS3 i think when my dad just interfered and said "i hope you know 'add' means plus o". I was like "MOKU MOGBE MODARAN"

3) SENDING ME ON ERRANDS WHEN THERE'S LIGHT ONLY.

4) SENDING ME ON ERRANDS WHILE IN THE MIDDLE OF AN INTERSTING MOVIE(especially when the errand is a long distance type)

5) TALKING ABOUT "ONLY" EMBARRASSING MOMENTS WHEN AMIDST FRIENDS(This freaks me out)

6) COMING FOR P.T.A MEETING "ONLY" WHEN MY MID-TERM RESULTS WERE POOR(while i was in High School) ( I guess this one was the devil's handiwork. LOL)

7) CALLING THIRD-PARTIES TO BEG THEM WHENEVER I OFFEND THEM : This is the one i hate the most. I offended you and I've realized my mistake and seeked for forgiveness yet I'm still not been forgiven unless a third-party is been invited and apologize on my behalf. This to me is what i call "Olden-days bullsh*t". It vexes me alot.

8 ) PUBLICIZING THINGS I DO(EITHER GOOD OR BAD) : I'm really more of an introvert and this is one thing i love most about myself and i really dislike people speaking for me. I remember when i received some couple of awards(I ain't in anyway using this as a form of self-appraisal or pride) back in high school on valedictory day. My parents left before me while i waited back for after-party. On getting to my street after the party,about everybody i came across asked something in the line of: "What will you use in celebrating your award for us nah?" The next thing that immediately came to my mind was: it's either daddy,mummy or both;with high percentage being on my dad.
I got extremely infuriated when i learnt that dad didn't follow mum back home but opted to walk home all the way from my school with the planks,which he had removed from their packs,in his hand(Unbelievable right?) I just couldn't help but to wonder what was special in a high school plank and was like: 'mtcheeeew! na me go first collect award for this life? while smh.

9) LOVING ONE CHILD MORE THAN THE OTHER ONES AND MAKING IT 'OBVIOUS' : My parents don't do this but i see some parents doing it and i think it isn't cool. This causes "enemity" and jealousy among children and I'm sure you guys know what that could lead to.

10) WRONGLY DECIDING WHEN I SHOULD AND SHOULDN'T DO SOMETHING: A neighbor recently came to our house and jokingly asked that "how's my girlfriend?". I don't have one yet ma,i jokingly answered while smiling. (I'm 16).Before i knew it,my dad had already frowned his face while at the same time sternly answering the neighbor that "this boy is too young for what you're asking him nah". I was amazed and was like: "Chai!!, when my mates in the northern part are fathers of three, this man is here saying I'm too young. smh"
If i say i should continue ehn,my post only would occupy first/front page.
Share yours so that i can know whether I'm the only one being vexed by my parents actions but I'm very sure there are even worse cases out there. lol.

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Parents Sometimes Do. by lirusehn(m): 1:56am On Aug 30, 2014
No matter how my parents annoy or 'vex' me,that
doesn't in anyway decrease or change the love i have
{and will always have} for them. 1) COMPARING ME WITH FRIENDS OR OTHER PEOPLE smiley
Re: Annoying Things Parents Sometimes Do. by egopersonified(f): 7:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
Why all the parents beefing threads ehh? Tell me why why?
Re: Annoying Things Parents Sometimes Do. by Olsoo(m): 12:09am On Aug 31, 2014
egopersonified: Why all the parents beefing threads ehh? Tell me why why?
So you mean to tell me that you like(d)/love(d) 'all' the things your parents did/do/are doing to you?
NOTE: I'm only replying you cause i perceived the 'beef' you mentioned as 'complain' and not hate. I don't hate my parents angry undecided
Re: Annoying Things Parents Sometimes Do. by shizzleStar: 4:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
op these are things that a child must definitely encounter while growing up, if not all of them, then most if them. You will also do most or all of them to your kids when you become a parent. Nothing unusual!

(1) (Reply)

Fayola Today! / 3-month-old Baby Found Inside Sack Bag In Lagos / My Children Beat Me Up, Give Me Orders, Then Bully Me Around The House” – Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.