Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Niger-east By- Election Holds Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger-east By- Election Holds Today (7897 Views)

Rivers State LG Council Election Holds Today- Updates From Your LGA. / PDP Defeats APC, Wins Niger East Senatorial By-election, Premium Times. / Niger East Senatorial By-election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by Oilandgas1(m): 3:16am On Aug 30, 2014
The All Progressives Congress (APC) Candidate in the Niger-east bye election, Barr David Umaru, is expected to slug it out today with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Dr Shem Nuhu Zagbayi, even as public opinion favours Umaru to win the election. The two candidates on Thursday closed their open campaign in line with the Electoral Act which bans campaigns 24 hours to election with some APC leaders led by the national chairman, John Oyegun and the governor of Kano State, Musa Kwankwaso as well as Sen Abubakar Sariki storming the state to give their support to Umaru. LEADERSHIP weekend findings revealed that Barr Umaru is favoured by the public to come out victorious save for the usual last move of the ruling party even as the APC alleged that there were plans to rig the election. The publicity secretary of APC, Jonathan Vatsa, has inundated people on facebook with posts on alleged plans by INEC to issue fake pass to the agents of APC to make them vulnerable to security harassments thereby making it difficult to reach their various polling units to serve as agents.

leadership.ng/news/382472/niger-east-election-holds-today
Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by MANGAM(m): 3:29am On Aug 30, 2014
The election is a big test for PDP in the state.
Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by naijawisdom(m): 3:37am On Aug 30, 2014
ok
Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by sammieguze(m): 5:10am On Aug 30, 2014
Well...... Lets see what happens
Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by Rapsainot(m): 5:11am On Aug 30, 2014
APC IN SHAMBLES
Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by Dominionng(m): 5:11am On Aug 30, 2014
Nah gonna comment on another political poo! Ama jes read and walk away..
Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by hemartins(m): 5:14am On Aug 30, 2014
Hope it ends well.
Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by koligs: 5:14am On Aug 30, 2014
The topic should be niger east rigging holds today!!!
Naija, I hail thou corruption!!!
Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by Jarchi(m): 5:16am On Aug 30, 2014
Hissed
Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by Kunle106(m): 5:16am On Aug 30, 2014
Well from this report, one could easily deduce that the apc guy will be the winner. But let's see how it unfold because pdp are full of surprises. Though am not opting for any of the parties but wish them good luck and also wish the election will be free and fair enough.

2 Likes

Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by nzeobi(m): 5:22am On Aug 30, 2014
Power to the people.
Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by tscent(m): 5:26am On Aug 30, 2014
Bring it on. PDP all da way
Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by koboko69: 5:28am On Aug 30, 2014
APC will prevail once again

4 Likes

Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by Jarchi(m): 5:29am On Aug 30, 2014
Election tribunal na deir house after we don do deir own
Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by Asam2(m): 5:50am On Aug 30, 2014
PDP is a disgrace to Niger state. imagine this people are tretening civil servant to vote and remain loyal to them otherwise they (PDP) will terminate their jobs, just as if business men and women in ibb market and other places fails to deliver their vote, will sorely loose their shops.

5 Likes

Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by holyboss: 5:59am On Aug 30, 2014
if not for first page tinz? i wud nt have open d topic sef undecided

If dem like, make dem vote Tif enter, Na dir p b dat tongue

As for me, iam PROUDLY west tongue cheesy
Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by pelvicky(m): 6:01am On Aug 30, 2014
Anybody with bad motive shall be put to shame today!! But i strongly support PDP!. Power!!
Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by whitecat007: 6:06am On Aug 30, 2014
Has Jonathan sent 20,000 soldiers in there or they are on the way?

4 Likes

Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by Ventura1: 6:08am On Aug 30, 2014
If PDP wins the election, it will be through rigging. APC is waxing strong in the state, the lost of chanchaga LG House of rep seat to CPC Umar Bago in 2011 is a pointer.
Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by Emmycheeze: 6:12am On Aug 30, 2014
Apc supporters everywhere, no movement tday I will gt my a*s stuck in the house till evening. Apc till I die. Haters oya start

1 Like

Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by moufan: 6:15am On Aug 30, 2014
apc all the way
Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by HughWilliams: 6:17am On Aug 30, 2014
Wish both of them good luck. Dr. Shem would have been the governor now after serving as deputy governor for 8years (1999-2007) but was denied the ticket because of his religion-christianity and he still refuse to decamp. I know Dr.Shem personally as very humble and modest as he is a choir member in our church back then in Minna even when he was the deputy governor. Umaru too, a fellow christian is a grassroot politician and love by his people!! That is why I love the Gwari people, just like the yorubas, religion is not a factor when presenting candidates for election. Imagine them present two Christians for senator in an area where almost 65% of the senatorial district populations are muslims..
Both of them are good and may the people's will prevail.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by Canme4u(m): 6:27am On Aug 30, 2014
Thats Tricky.

Good Morning Nigeria and

God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by Eldavido1: 6:28am On Aug 30, 2014
HughWilliams: Wish both of them good luck. Dr. Shem would have been the governor now after serving as deputy governor for 8years (1999-2007) but what denied the ticket because of his religion-christianity and he still refuse to decamp. Shem is humble and modest as he is a choir member in his church. Umaru too, a fellow christian is a grassroot politician and love by his people!! That is why I love the Gwari people, just like the yorubas, religion is not a factor when presenting candidates for election. Imagine them present two Christians for senator in an area where almost 65% of the senatorial district populations are muslims..
Both of them are good and may the people's will prevail.
The gwari are a spectacular set in the middle belt. They have the same mind set as the Yorubas. I don't know why hausas tend to be very intolerant. Niger state is one of the few places in the north you hardly hear stories of religious crisis.

2 Likes

Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by pontirock(m): 6:33am On Aug 30, 2014
.APCAPCAPCAPCAPCAPCAPCAPCAPCAPC
Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by pontirock(m): 6:34am On Aug 30, 2014
APC APC APC APC APC APC APC
Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 30, 2014
APC got this one. The political tsunami has already started. The biggest casualty will be Dr. Jonathan in Feb14, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by EdCure: 6:52am On Aug 30, 2014
Pdp the party of villians will be disgraced.

4 Likes

Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by hajikebs(m): 6:53am On Aug 30, 2014
I won't say my mind now....let's hear d result first ...
Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by EdCure: 6:56am On Aug 30, 2014
holyboss: if not for first page tinz? i wud nt have open d topic sef undecided
If dem like, make dem vote Tif enter, Na dir p b dat tongue
As for me, iam PROUDLY west tongue cheesy

They're voting for a senator who goes to Abuja to make laws that'll affect every aspect of your life and country.

1 Like

Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by kokoA(m): 7:08am On Aug 30, 2014
Barr. David Umaru all the way! The guy has paid his dues.. Zagbayi is a greedy politician, only riging can get him that post.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Congratulations To President Elect Gen. Mohamodu Buhari / "Buhari Will Not Tolerate Killings, Kidnappings" -Minister Of Interior, Dambazau / Depression Or EFCC: What Will Make Rochas Okorocha To Look Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.