Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:35 AM

Niger-east By- Election Holds Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger-east By- Election Holds Today (7955 Views)

Rivers State LG Council Election Holds Today- Updates From Your LGA. / PDP Defeats APC, Wins Niger East Senatorial By-election, Premium Times. / Niger East Senatorial By-election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Niger-east By- Election Holds Today by Nowenuse: 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
U see my problem with Mr Hughwilliams, I dont think u are from the north or middlebelt....u are probably a southner who hav spent few years in this zone!
I agree that there are more muslims in Bosso, chanchaga, Suleja....but the thing is that many of these muslims are not Gwaris! They are either Hausa fulanis or nupes. But many of dem will tell u dat they r indigenes there whereas they are not! Just like d present govnor whom his grandfather migrated frm Sokoto down to Minna and now he claims Minna which is Gwari land as his hometown. D same tin with IBB and Abdulsalami who are not Gwari by tribe but claim they are from Minna.
The biggest cities in Niger state like minna, suleja e.t.c are in Niger east, and as a result, this attracts the population of settlers in the state, and also other indigenes of the state who are mostly muslims move to settle in these towns. And this is how most towns in this zone ended up being dominantly muslims, otherwise pls go through all the rural areas of every LGA of this zone and u willl see that christians are the majority in 80% of them. Infact there are some interior villages u will enter in some LGAs like Tafa, Munya and Rafi that u will not find a single mosque! But I dare u that there is no place u will not find a church in dat whole zone!
Most of u because u visit only the towns in these places, u just conclude that the place is dominantly muslim without going through the rural areas.
Like I said b4 evn if u tell me dat Niger east district is dominantly muslim by population of both indigenes and settlers I will not easily still agree, coz I think it would be a 50/50. But if it is based on indigeneship/origin, no way 4d muslims 2eva b more than d christians.
Suleja town by d way is evn a hausa dominated town (enclave) in Gwari land. Go into d rural areas of suleja, there will u find d true gwari indigenes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? / House Of Reps Member Donates Christmas Gift To Christian Indigenes In Yobe Stat / *nigerian Banks Have Finished This Nation!*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.