Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army (1820 Views)

Niger Deltans Are Cowards We Know What To Do To Them - Nnamdi Kanu / Biafra Cowards In Igboland (ohanaeze Ndigbo) Disowns Nnamdi Kalu - IPOB Leader / Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by Josh316(m): 11:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
We have a serious issue with our nation's army. I just watched the Attack on Gwoza Army base and what I saw is shocking and left me speechless!

The Boko Haram pigs seized FIVE ARMOURED TANKS (Not APC carriers, Tanks with tracks like Caterpillar trucks and cannons) and cartons and boxes of ammunition both light and heavy ammunition. This is coming from the same soldiers who keep complaining that they are poorly equipped. And I dare say, what equipment again if not bullets to feed the guns and mortars and shells to shell the advancing enemy? Aside the weapons and tanks captured, about 10 soft skinned vehicles including brand new hiluxes which were used to cart away these ammunition. It is worthy to note that the video captured some of the soldiers RUNNING away into the hills.

I am not a soldier nor do I claim to be knowledgeable in military tactics but the 'tactical maneuver' touted by the military command to justify the current attitude of soldiers refusing to fight and rather scampering is really worrisome! It worries me because slowly and steadily, these boko pigs are carrying out their campaign and will soon decide to try to march down south. We can argue all we want and play the ethnic card and say its a Northern Problem, or e no concern me because I'm from the west or east, but one day we might wake up and discover these guys at our doorsteps in Onitsha, Aba, Lagos, Ibadan, wielding weapons and taking away our freedom.

We need to make noise now to ensure that the Govt adopts a more radical approach to recruitment of soldiers and give severe punishments to Army commanders who allow their Army bases fall so cheaply to the enemy. I'm really angry right now and I think things need to change.

Please let our comments be non-political or religious based, but sensible and rational...

5 Likes

Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by Idrismusty97(m): 11:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
Meanwhile the army are still recruiting. We need brave people like you undecided

7 Likes

Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
Why won't we?

People who really wanted to defend the nation were not given the chance because if u dnt knw dt man who knw dt one, u dey jones urself...

Na the people wey wan make ends meet na dem knw those people and na dem dey enter..

Una neva start

2 Likes

Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by Galads(m): 12:03am On Aug 31, 2014
Idrismusty97: Meanwhile the army are still recruiting. We need brave people like you undecided
how do u tthink the military recruits? Until when people no longer join the military because they are jobless and god fatherism no longer exist then we will have soldiers who will stand and defend the country. I was ready to die for this country even if I am d only one standing I rather die than run. Out of d total numbers of candidate taken, only 5% are really suppose to be there. I promise mysef am not gona talk abt d military but it pains me to see all this happening. I wisah d country well

3 Likes

Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by Allohrandy(m): 12:43am On Aug 31, 2014
Idrismusty97: Meanwhile the army are still recruiting. We need brave people like you undecided
The problem with Nigeria Army is there is corruption in the recruiting process. qualify people are not recruited because you need to have a godfather to be employed by the Nigeria army. I remember when my EX girlfriend boyfriend tried to enlist to the Nigeria army in 2001, he could not get in because he didn't have a godfather but his friend got accepted because his uncle was a major general. We will continue to have cowards in the army if we don't allow the right people get into the army. Also promotion in the Nigeria army is not done on merit but by who you have as a godfather. The army is too corrupt

3 Likes

Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by donefezy: 12:56am On Aug 31, 2014
Corruption everywhere..if уσυ don't нανє ℓσηg legs bros уσυ can't go anywhere ιη this country

2 Likes

Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by Nobody: 3:48am On Aug 31, 2014
Someone can fire at you from 160yards your weapons can only take him at 40yards,common sense is what you need to fight another day.Our soldiers are gallant officers.

2 Likes

Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by Sealeddeal(m): 7:50am On Aug 31, 2014
Nonsense! Is that your contribution to the point OP raised? Will everybody join army?. Nigerian army did not conscript anybody in its fold. So,if those we entrust the unity and integrity of our nation are not doing so,why should they not be chided or criticised?

1 Like

Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by Sealeddeal(m): 7:52am On Aug 31, 2014
uruba: Someone can fire at you from 160yards your weapons can only take him at 40yards,common sense is what you need to fight another day.Our soldiers are gallant officers.
are Boko Haram members going to throw away the weapons they captured from Nigerian army? They always use them effectively. What stops Nigerian army from using them?

2 Likes

Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by Wily2wily: 8:18am On Aug 31, 2014
Haaahaaa, For years Yorubas and Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani North made Nigeria Arm forces to be their personal money making machines, now they have started fleeing from battle field, haahaaa Boko Haram una too much.
where are all those Yoruba and Northern Generals?,

To all Southerners (minus Yoruba/Itsekiri) the war going on in the North is not your War, allow Yorubas/ North fight Boko H.
Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by Josh316(m): 11:56am On Aug 31, 2014
Sealeddeal: are Boko Haram members going to throw away the weapons they captured from Nigerian army? They always use them effectively. What stops Nigerian army from using them?

Thank you! Even from the video, the army currently has mortar guns and mortars. they also have the exact type of heavy machine guns the boko pigs use. They can engage them but they have refused to engage them.

Please see the link and judge. Ignore the first bits and start from 24minutes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl4IgD--nKg
Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by Idrismusty97(m): 12:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
Sealeddeal: Nonsense! Is that your contribution to the point OP raised? Will everybody join army?. Nigerian army did not conscript anybody in its fold. So,if those we entrust the unity and integrity of our nation are not doing so,why should they not be chided or criticised?
Sealeddeal: are Boko Haram members going to throw away the weapons they captured from Nigerian army? They always use them effectively. What stops Nigerian army from using them?
You are just spewing garbage as if this is a game. Pleaseeeee we ain't talking about Nintendo, PS2 or Xbox360. Neither is this a football match where you can criticize the players like object. We are talking about real men that have life and families. If you can do better you should join the army.
Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by Ibnsultan01: 12:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
Our boys are gallant and good to go. Military and political top brass are responsible for failure to end the War tru the non functional policies n corruption. NA personnel are good to go brave gentlemen

2 Likes

Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nigerians are not serious

Not too long ago they complained that the army was too brutal and the head of the army was removed, now the complain is the army are cowards

We need to make up our mind

Shebi Minimah was brought in to talk Boko Haram out of terrorism?

1 Like

Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by felifeli: 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
Josh316: We have a serious issue with our nation's army. I just watched the Attack on Gwoza Army base and what I saw is shocking and left me speechless!

The Boko Haram pigs seized FIVE ARMOURED TANKS (Not APC carriers, Tanks with tracks like Caterpillar trucks and cannons) and cartons and boxes of ammunition both light and heavy ammunition. This is coming from the same soldiers who keep complaining that they are poorly equipped. And I dare say, what equipment again if not bullets to feed the guns and mortars and shells to shell the advancing enemy? Aside the weapons and tanks captured, about 10 soft skinned vehicles including brand new hiluxes which were used to cart away these ammunition. It is worthy to note that the video captured some of the soldiers RUNNING away into the hills.

I am not a soldier nor do I claim to be knowledgeable in military tactics but the 'tactical maneuver' touted by the military command to justify the current attitude of soldiers refusing to fight and rather scampering is really worrisome! It worries me because slowly and steadily, these boko pigs are carrying out their campaign and will soon decide to try to march down south. We can argue all we want and play the ethnic card and say its a Northern Problem, or e no concern me because I'm from the west or east, but one day we might wake up and discover these guys at our doorsteps in Onitsha, Aba, Lagos, Ibadan, wielding weapons and taking away our freedom.

We need to make noise now to ensure that the Govt adopts a more radical approach to recruitment of soldiers and give severe punishments to Army commanders who allow their Army bases fall so cheaply to the enemy. I'm really angry right now and I think things need to change.

Please let our comments be non-political or religious based, but sensible and rational...

You are absolutely right sir. Nigeria Army is full of cowards. We need brave people like you, and the sky heaven will be the limit for them.
Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by naijarates(m): 1:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
Mr Bold. If u feel u can do better than the military, why are u hiding behind a computer screen to post a common thread. Who knows where u will hide when you hear a gunshot . cry cry cry cry
Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
Their C-in-C is worse, he even fears interviews.

1 Like

Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by overhypedsteve(m): 2:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
We ve a lot of disgruntled unpatriotic elements on nairaland

1 Like

Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by Sealeddeal(m): 4:30pm On Aug 31, 2014
Idrismusty97:
You are just spewing garbage as if this is a game. Pleaseeeee we ain't talking about Nintendo, PS2 or Xbox360. Neither is this a football match where you can criticize the players like object. We are talking about real men that have life and families. If you can do better you should join the army.
You are full of emotion. I do not discuss issues with emotional people. Again,Nonsense!
Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by redsun(m): 4:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
Most of them are like the politicians,just in the army for the privileges and gains.Not for patriotism and chance to die for their country really.

1 Like

Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by Josh316(m): 8:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
For those who want to turn this into some unintelligent insult spewing retarded comment brewing thread, sorry for you... You don't need to insult anyone to get your opinion across.

I have many brave family and friends serving in the army and to me, the actions of the soldiers in Gwoza was to say the least saddening.

Like Sirusblack has alluded in his post, air support is key, but what about the ground troops who have weaponry and tanks and let it go without a fight? Someone said that some Army commanders sympathetic to BH are tactically arming them for the future and all we do here is talk about the messenger and not the message. Sorry for those of you.

I planned to join the Army like some of my cousins, but i was frustrated from joining. Still, I love the Army despite whatever shortcomings and if somehow there was a civilian programme for the Army, I would gladly enlist (I'm gone past the age of Direct Short Service enlistment)

LIke some one earlier said, the recruitment process needs to be reviewed and the Airforce needs serious air frames quickly. Until then, the troops in the ground need to support each other and apply tact and gallantry

1 Like

Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by tit(f): 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
The "cowards" have kicked the ass of your boko haram out of Gwoza.
Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by persius555(m): 9:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
as medical doctors have abandoned their duty to save lives during the ebola outbreak,so also has the armies abandoned their guns to run for dear life.The nigerian civil service has now been taken over by unpatriotic nigerians.THis is what the country has become.
Re: We Have A Lot Of Cowards In The Nigeria Army by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
What is wrong with majority of you folks please ?

There are many great people who will do the Nigerian Armed Forces proud but because they don't have any Oga on top with the slot , then Nobody will recruit them !!

Only for Ajebutters to be trained and heavily paid but when the real show emerged ..... It is Tactical Manoeuvre @ cameroon .. Diaris God !

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Thinngs You Don't Know About PDP / GEJ Support Group Accuses Shekarau, Wali Of Failing To Campaign For Him In Kano / Oregon Governor Resigns Over Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.