Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria (3217 Views)

PDP Opens Sale Of Presidential Forms To Tafawa Balewa's Son, And Others. / CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by neuljosh(m): 11:57am On Aug 31, 2014
2015 Election is getting more interesting

THE political calculations for the 2015 presidential election took an interesting dimension at the weekend when Abduljhalil Tafawa Balewa, son of the late Prime Minister, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, said he is bent on taking a shot at the leadership position which his late father, was forced to vacate 48 years ago in a military coup.

This came as Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Anyim Pius Anyim, at the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN) rally in Port Harcourt, said that President Goodluck Jonathan would soon express his desire to contest next year’s election to seek a second term in office.

Though very young at the time, Abduljhalil, the late Balewa’s son, who was taken away to grow up in Switzerland since the age of two, thinks Nigeria has really not known peace since that democratic regime was interrupted.

Now a doctorate degree holder in nuclear chemistry, Jhalil thinks it’s time to look forward and work at “healing Nigeria.” He is interestingly from both northern and southern parts of the country, having been born of a Yoruba mother. To him, this is a unique selling point, as he believes he will be a perfect bridge across the divides.

“It is time to move forward but no matter what you do, you cannot run away from your past experiences. What we were trying to do and what we are trying to do now is a result of what the military inflicted on our national psyche. I don’t blame them. Things happen but you cannot treat a particular ailment without being able to diagnose it. You need to know the history or the etymology of the ailment, how you got to where you are before you can get a prescription for treatment.

“That coup was like cut of a hot knife through the butter of being of our country. We have never had peace in a true sense. I think the lesson is that good guys don’t finish last,” he said.

As a Nigerian from the Northeastern part of the nation where the Boko Haram insurgents hold sway, Balewa is optimistic about his ability and resolve to be able to help Nigeria solve the issues

I wonder which political party he's going to join. Share your thoughts!
Source

2 Likes

Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by musiwa94: 12:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
[b][size
Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 12:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
He has to wait till 2019, because for now, no vacancy in also rock. GEJ till 2019

14 Likes

Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
Better than having Jonathan in 2015 grin

1 Like

Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by fr3do(m): 12:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
He should seek for a less demanding position first, say senator.
Nigeria is just too big for a first timer.
And we need someone brewed locally and Nigeria-spirited.

6 Likes

Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by Idrismusty97(m): 12:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
Interesting.
Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by Ibnsultan01: 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
His welcome. To try his luck
Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by danot1030: 12:24pm On Aug 31, 2014
Was it written in the will his father left that the throne of governance in Nigeria is their family heritage? Let him go and rule his father's house or he should go back to where he's coming from.

1 Like

Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by Wily2wily: 12:30pm On Aug 31, 2014
Abubakar jr looks like Ganja Man

7 Likes

Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
Wily2wily: Abubakar jr looks like Ganja Man
ROFL. I tell you. His almajiri look couldn't be altered by a foreign climate in swizterland.

I doubt he understands the Nigerian politics. A newbie as such should gather experience before aiming presidency.
Buhari would defeat him up North though. He is not popular, his corrupt father was.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by drauj(m): 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
fr3do: He should seek for a less demanding position first, say senator.
and that is why it'll always be business as usual.
Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by rawpadgin(m): 12:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
who tell am say vacancy dey aso rock?
Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
He looks like a clown. I bet he thinks that he is better than the present occupiers of the office. Councillor sef, he no go fit win.

6 Likes

Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by OneNaira6: 12:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ha ooo. This kain born to rule mentality wey dey in that part of that country is too much. everyone wan rule. okay oo

2 Likes

Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by RockMaxi: 12:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
Born to rule mentality.

2 Likes

Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by ZKOSOSO(m): 12:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
Brewed locally
Nigeria-spirited
Hmmmm!! E b like say dis guy na shayooo!!
Which botul?
Barman Green or brown?
Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
HE GOT HIS IDEA FROM A BEER PARLOUR....
HE THINKS NIGERIA IS A DINNING TABLE....

3 Likes

Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by nyt3237(m): 12:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
20pounds: He looks like a clown. I bet he thinks that he is better than the present occupiers of the office. Councillor sef, he no go fit win.

Hahaha this got me literally rolling on the floor

2 Likes

Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
Am not surprise.
Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by fr3do(m): 1:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
ZKOSOSO:
Brewed locally
Nigeria-spirited
Hmmmm!! E b like say dis guy na shayooo!!
Which botul?
Barman Green or brown?

Lol, brew and spirit
Its just now I noticed the correlation.
Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by asadike(f): 1:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
D born 2 rule mentality! The earlier they undastand that nigeria of d 21st century is nt anybody's property,d better 4 them. Its time 4 other geo political zone to rule as many number of yrs as d north b4 it wil b d turn of northerners otherwise make dem divide dis country make evrybody go him way afteral,no one is a slave to anoda.
Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 1:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
Senator?!So he'll start dealing in ghana-must-go bags?.By d time he's done,he won't be any different from you average nigerian in terms of Ideology
Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by Abee79(m): 2:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
Emm. . . who is he? Where had he been all the while? What had been his political contribution to his state & community?
Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by YorubaBigot: 4:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
bwuahahahaha ...the clown even looks like a janjawiid.

No be only president....I laff In Fulani gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by redsun(m): 4:40pm On Aug 31, 2014

You mean chop make i chop type?
Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
Born to rule . Every nigerian has the freedom to aspire for any political office within the permits of the law. Babangida pikin wan rule, Shagari pikin wan rule, even Abacha pikin wan rule. All these oligiarchs no wan leave us alone ehn!
Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by fuckluv(f): 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
20pounds: He looks like a clown. I bet he thinks that he is better than the present occupiers of the office. Councillor sef, he no go fit win.
No mind am. He think presidency is a "royal" thing, he better go and queue behind Emir of kano undecided

MUMU.
Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by solid3(m): 5:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
there's nothing breaking about this news.
Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by delishpot: 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
Na so ny broda. Nothing do you. Naija dey recycle leaders since we claim democracy. Carry go. Egrhm eghem, abeg make me ya PA when you win.
Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by gen2briz(m): 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
Thank God you're right on time, Labor party Neva get presidential candidate.

1 Like

Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by fr3do(m): 6:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Senator?!So he'll start dealing in ghana-must-go bags?.By d time he's done,he won't be any different from you average nigerian in terms of Ideology

You can't just come from obodo oyibo and be the president. That kind of stunt should only work in monarchies. Its even a security risk, these times that some countries have 'interests' and advance neuroscience.
Re: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
grin @ bolded
fr3do:

You can't just come from obodo oyibo and be the president.That kind of stunt should only work in monarchies. Its even a security risk, these times that some countries have 'interests' and advance neuroscience.

I agree with u bros.Na y e go beta make e kukuma siddon for where e dey.I'm sure that his idea of governance is not d same with dat of d average nigerian politician.So if e come here first come siddon for senate,na case of "if u can beat dem join dem" e go be o! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Automatic Ticket For Buhari Causes Stir In APC / Monikers We Might Never See Again After Feb 14 - Tribute Time. / Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.