Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today (1220 Views)

Kids Kissing And Smooching In Church In Lagos - Photos / My Husband Forgot My Birthday :-( / My Parents Forgot My Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by KillerBeauty(f): 1:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
I went to church today forgeting my purse at home. It was when I got to church I realised I had no money with me to pay as offering. So I dropped the empty envelope in the offering basket and danced to my seat.

I hope what I did is forgiveable because it wasn't intentional
Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by padeolu: 1:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
Haha! That's a great offense to the pastor. Am sure God must be smiling when you dropped the empty envelope

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
I am sure Jesus is ok with it.
Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by amanda2013(f): 1:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
cheesy you are disturbing yourself for nothing!

3 Likes

Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by hydeka: 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
The most important offering God is looking for is your life, your love. God is not short of money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by bellong: 1:39pm On Aug 31, 2014
What is wrong in sitting during the offering without dropping anything?

We are so brainwashed that we have failed to realize from the scriptures that it is not every service offering must be collected.

You need to start going the Bereans way to be a sane Christian in this age of everybody must make money at all cost and by all means. The pulpit is not left behind in this rat race, unfortunately.

8 Likes

Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by crackhaus: 1:45pm On Aug 31, 2014
KillerBeauty: I went to church today forgeting my purse at home. It was when I got to church I realised I had no money with me to pay as offering. So I dropped the empty envelope in the offering basket and danced to my seat.

You're going to hell for this lady.
Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by femidejulius(m): 2:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
And you actually opened a thread just because of that?

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by SAMBARRY: 2:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
Come as you are.afterall the widow just gave what she had wink
Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by pappyrose(f): 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
crackhaus:

Y are u adding salt to her injury na?
She will not go to hell.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by Godmother(f): 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
crackhaus:

Lol cheesy

@OP
I'm sure God is not angry with you, since it wasn't intentional. Stop worrying over nothing

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by nora544: 2:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nigerians should start with this give empty envelop to the pastors!

God didnot need your money God want that you live a christian live.

All is okay with you and God will love you that you stop giving money to fake pastors.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by crackhaus: 2:39pm On Aug 31, 2014
pappyrose:

Y are u adding salt to her injury na?
She will not go to hell.
What salt, pepper, and injury?

It's in the Bible, something about a couple selling their property and going to church to pay only half of the proceeds as offering. Do you know what happened to them (Ananias & Saphira)? They died for trying to con God.

She will go to hell.

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by crackhaus: 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
Godmother:

Lol cheesy

@OP
I'm sure God is not angry with you, since it wasn't intentional. Stop worrying over nothing
It's funny until someone falls and dies.

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by pappyrose(f): 3:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
crackhaus:
What salt, pepper, and injury?

It's in the Bible, something about a couple selling their property and going to church to pay only half of the proceeds as offering. Do you know what happened to them (Ananias & Saphira)? They died for trying to con God.

She will go to hell.

U must be kidding me, that scripture is totally different from her own situation.
SHE WILL NOT GO TO HELL

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by crackhaus: 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
pappyrose:

U must be kidding me, that scripture is totally different from her own situation.
SHE WILL NOT GO TO HELL
grin

Same principle!
Don't try to con God.
Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 31, 2014
crackhaus:
Judge not. Besides, it was not intentional and God is not mean.
Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by lalasticlala(m): 3:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
OP hope u danced very well. I feel u out danced those that actually gave.

lol

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by Godmother(f): 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
crackhaus:
It's funny until someone falls and dies.

There's no dying joor cos she didn't do it intentionally.
Besides God doesn't judge like we do. The pastor might get angry when he sees the empty envelope but not God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by onegig(m): 7:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
Don't worry, succour has come your way. You can always send it to my account. I would gladly recieve it and send it to the "appropriate" quaters.. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by irishCream: 7:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
KillerBeauty: I went to church today forgeting my purse at home. It was when I got to church I realised I had no money with me to pay as offering. So I dropped the empty envelope in the offering basket and danced to my seat.

don't sweat it sweedy cos 'God sees the heart' 1 sam 16:7. in such cases u were suppose nt to request for d envelop @all bt ushers dis days give out the envelop byforce whether u object or not cos of d way some greedy pastors enforce dem abt d issue, some don't even say welcome b4 handing u the envolop.

God will judge us all sha...!

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by crackhaus: 9:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
Godmother:
There's no dying joor cos she didn't do it intentionally.
Besides God doesn't judge like we do. The pastor might get angry when he sees the empty envelope but not God.

Joavid:
Judge not. Besides, it was not intentional and
God is not mean.

You're both right ladies...but advise her that next time she should stay put and not give empty envelopes as offering.

Or else, SHE WILL GO TO HELL! grin

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by Godmother(f): 11:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
crackhaus:

You're both right ladies...but advise her that next time she should stay put and not give empty envelopes as offering.

Or else, SHE WILL GO TO HELL! grin

You dnt knw the shame attached to staying back at your seat while everyone else is filing out to drop their offering. I won't lie I have dropped an empty evelope on a few occassions myself. But I more than made up for it the coming week by putting 4 times ova
Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by crackhaus: 1:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
Godmother:

You dnt knw the shame attached to staying back at your seat while everyone else is filing out to drop their offering. I won't lie I have dropped an empty evelope on a few occassions myself. But I more than made up for it the coming week by putting 4 times ova
grin

I believe the problem is exactly that bit in bold. Do you go to church to impress others or to care what they'll think of you if you stay back in your seat during offerings?
But I understand your point though.
Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by Godmother(f): 2:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
crackhaus:
grin

I believe the problem is exactly that bit in bold. Do you go to church to impress others or to care what they'll think of you if you stay back in your seat during offerings?

Even if you say you don't care what people say, deep down we still do a little, especially when the people sitting around you are people u know. And anyways I do that to prevent someone putting money into my hand. I see it a lot . A person doesn't put in offering and one "kind samaritan" will put moni into ur palm.
Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by shizzleStar: 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
Godmother:

Lol cheesy

@OP

Joavid:
Judge not. Besides, it was not intentional and God is not mean.
What exactly dyu mean by the bolded?
she forgot her purse at home, yes not intentional

But she dropped an empty envelope into the offering box, knowing fully well she put no money into it, if that wasnt deliberate, then I don't know what it is.

This is why ego/shame should be put away sometimes. God will understand if you put your pride away and sat back on your sit since you had no money, rather than the hypocrisy of trying to save face by singing and dancing pretentiously to drop an empty envelop, God will definitely frown at it
Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by shizzleStar: 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
crackhaus:
grin

exactly the hypocrisy I talked about in my comment, pleasing their fellow men to displease God
Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by crackhaus: 4:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
Godmother:

Even if you say you don't care what people say, deep down we still do a little, especially when the people sitting around you are people u know. And anyways I do that to prevent someone putting money into my hand. I see it a lot . A person doesn't put in offering and one "kind samaritan" will put moni into ur palm.
I quite understand you. smiley
Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
I am more worried about the fact that people have been so blackmailed to have money to give so much so that one has to pretend to give when they have nothing to give.

Is the house of God not supposed to be a place of refuge? Where the ones who have share with those who do not have?
I once attended a church where the act of shaming those who didnt have to give was perfected, the person I went with tried to convince me to give and said "only you will remain on the chair everyone will dance out," I said I am fine but I wont get up. They all danced out and I sat down the pastor shot me a look I starred him straight on. Giving should never be under compulsion and one who doesnt have should not be ashamed not to have. This is not what Jesus died for

4 Likes

Re: Help!! I Forgot To Give Offering In Church Today by priest2u(m): 3:24am On Sep 02, 2014
irishCream: don't sweat it sweedy cos 'God sees the heart' 1 sam 16:7. in such cases u were suppose nt to request for d envelop @all bt ushers dis days give out the envelop byforce whether u object or not cos of d way some greedy pastors enforce dem abt d issue, some don't even say welcome b4 handing u the envolop.

God will judge us all sha...!
I like the way u respond with a scripture smiley Btw whats the name of the trees in ur profile and what do they symbolize?

(1) (Reply)

Wives, Never I Repeat Never Go Telling On Your Husband Especially To Your Family / How Does One Pick Up From Where He Left Off? / What Kind Of Mother Would Do This To Her Own Child???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.