Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies (10174 Views)

Appraisal: Are Our Prophets Right About 2015 Election? / Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by shdemidemi(m): 4:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
mbaemeka:

Nobody is desiring miracles per se.
are you sure? Speak for yourself bro.

The bible says 'In all things give thanks', some must see a miracle before it crosses there mind to give thanks.

mbaemeka: If we act on the words of Jesus we see them happen. There's nothing more to take away from that. But when people start saying "God doesn't need to confirm his word" we have to ask them for the scriptures that say so.

Confirmation!

Tantamount to saying you need to see if you must believe. If it is it all about confirmation for you, I hope people like Jo don't drag you in too deep before you realise the truth.

The sort of confirmation you seek is what the bible calls temporal

2 or 4
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by Gombs(m): 4:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
mbaemeka: Shdemidemi,

2 Thessalonians 2:3-10 NLT

Don’t be fooled by what they say. For that day will not come until there is a great rebellion against God and the man of lawlessness is revealed-the one who brings destruction. He will exalt himself and defy everything that people call god and every object of worship. He will even sit in the temple of God, claiming that he himself is God. Don’t you remember that I told you about all this when I was with you? And you know what is holding him back, for he can be revealed only when his time comes. For this lawlessness is already at work secretly, and it will remain secret until the one who is holding it back steps out of the way. Then the man of lawlessness will be revealed, but the Lord Jesus will kill him with the breath of his mouth and destroy him by the splendor of his coming. This man will come to do the work of Satan with counterfeit power and signs and miracles. He will use every kind of evil deception to fool those on their way to destruction, because they refuse to love and accept the truth that would save them.

Question:

- Who is THE man of lawlessness (sin)?
- What is holding him back?
- What will make ^ above step out of the way?
- When will Jesus come back to earth?
- When will he kill the man of sin?

Please let us study the word of God in depth so that we can divide rightly.

U wan kill bro shedemidemi ni? shocked
Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by shdemidemi(m): 4:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
Gombs:

U wan kill bro shedemidemi ni? shocked

No be small matter grin
Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by shdemidemi(m): 4:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
mbaemeka:
Question:

- Who is THE man of lawlessness (sin)?

The Pope/antichrist/counterfeit Christ

this man of sin, the antichrist will not be an opposer of Christ per se, but rather a counterfeit.

mbaemeka:
- What is holding him back?

Holy Spirit.. After the dispensation of the Holy Spirit, he will be revealed.

mbaemeka:
- What will make ^ above step out of the way??

The end of this present dispensation- rapture

mbaemeka:
- When will Jesus come back to earth?
- When will he kill the man of sin?

After rapture.

After the great tribulation.
Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by Joagbaje(m): 5:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
shdemidemi: ^^^When the emphasis is based on how we feel and what our experiences are, jo and his likes become the star of the show.

This is really amazing . It is given to every christian to work miracles . If you listen to the message of the crusade I posted you will recollect I said everyone of us can work miracles .

If I post a testimony it's for the purpose of giving God glory and most importantly to inspire others .i became a Soulwinner as a christian when my pastor gave opportunity for soul winners to testify in every service how they preached in buses and taxi . I got inspired and I began to win souls also . A testimony is to inspire others .so I'm not trying to be a superstar . You can call me an inspiration . Because that's my Desiree to see evey christian work in the supernatural .

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by shdemidemi(m): 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
Joagbaje:

This is really amazing . It is given to every christian to work miracles . If you listen to the message of the crusade I posted you will recollect I said everyone of us can work miracles .

If I post a testimony it's for the purpose of giving God glory and most importantly to inspire others .i became a Soulwinner as a christian when my pastor gave opportunity for soul winners to testify in every service how they preached in buses and taxi . I got inspired and I began to win souls also . A testimony is to inspire others .so I'm not trying to be a superstar . You can call me an inspiration . Because that's my Desiree to see evey christian work in the supernatural .

My brother,

miracle isn't the gospel/good news.

Miracle is equal to vanity upon vanity. The only miracle that shakes heaven is the salvation of a soul. The hallmark of false a teacher is the teaching directed and focused on the aggrandising of sinful flesh.

A true minister and servant of God feeds the saints with the food for their soul and not the food for their flesh.

Preach the goodnews not good advice and stop the deceit bro.

2 Likes

Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by mbaemeka(m): 5:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
shdemidemi: are you sure? Speak for yourself bro.

The bible says 'In all things give thanks', some must see a miracle before it crosses there mind to give thanks.

In all things give thanks that what? Paul said that- We are more than conquerors through Christ. Not that if I am sick I should give thanks. It is similar to a man in sin yet he gives thanks to God for it. That is not scripture.

Confirmation!

Tantamount to saying you need to see if you must believe. If it is it all about confirmation for you, I hope people like Jo don't drag you in too deep before you realise the truth.

The sort of confirmation you seek is what the bible calls temporal

2 or 4
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

The problem is that you are isolating scriptures and giving an isolated interpretation of the verses. Before verse 17 and 18 came about see verse 6 and 7

6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us

God that called light (good things) out of darkness (bad situations) has shined in our hearts and we have his glory in earthen vessels (mortal flesh) even though the excellent power (source) is from him. So even when we are persecuted, distressed, beaten, attacked, insulted etc. We faint not; because as the earthen vessel is perishing the Spirit is being renewed daily vv16. That's why he now said the persecutions et al are light afflictions and can only affect the flesh (physical things) for a moment (hence temporal), while the Spirit (Unseen) which glows with God's glory (and continues to improve in glory as we behold him) is eternal.

It says nothing about accepting sicknesses and diseases. It speaks only of Persecutions et al.
Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by mbaemeka(m): 5:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
shdemidemi:

The Pope/antichrist/counterfeit Christ

this man of sin, the antichrist will not be an opposer of Christ per se, but rather a counterfeit.

The Pope is already in the world and has been in the world for ages. The man spoken of in that verse of scripture will be revealed. Besides, the antichrist will be that one is anti; against; opposite -Christ and the Pope is not against Christ.

Holy Spirit.. After the dispensation of the Holy Spirit, he will be revealed.

There is no single scripture that states that the Holy Spirit will be taken out of the way. Jesus said the Holy Spirit will be on earth forever. There is nothing like after the dispensation of the Holy Spirit. The only thing that will be removed from the earth is the Church (christ's body) at the rapture.

The end of this present dispensation- rapture

Wrong. Only Christians leave during the Rapture. Not a single scripture says the Holy Spirit's going anywhere.

After rapture.

After the great tribulation.

Good. And we know the rapture hasn't occurred so the Man of sin hasn't been revealed yet QED.
Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by frank317: 6:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
What's happening here? What are christians figthing? Even u guys can't agree on one thing. You are all atheists to urselves. Tomorrow you all will blame this confusion to poor holyspirit. Confused bunch
Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by shdemidemi(m): 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
mbaemeka:

In all things give thanks that what?

Give thanks that you have Hope, give thanks that you are saved, give thanks that all things will work together for your good according to God's plan.

mbaemeka:
Paul said that- We are more than conquerors through Christ. .

Why and how did we become more than conquerors through Christ?

By justification (just as if we never sinned)

mbaemeka:
Not that if I am sick I should give thanks. It is similar to a man in sin yet he gives thanks to God for it. That is not scripture..

What would you advice a sick Christian, to stop giving thanks?

IN ALL THINGS encapsulate the good times and the very bad times.
Philippians 4
11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.

Paul didn't sound like all will be plain sailing for him nor for us. There are times when conditions will be unfavourable, this can come in any form, the word of God becomes our strength at such times. If our mind is right with God's word, we will sincerely praise God cos He is closest to us when we seem weak.

mbaemeka:

The problem is that you are isolating scriptures and giving an isolated interpretation of the verses. Before verse 17 and 18 came about see verse 6 and 7

6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us

God that called light (good things) out of darkness (bad situations) has shined in our hearts and we have his glory in earthen vessels (mortal flesh) even though the excellent power (source) is from him. So even when we are persecuted, distressed, beaten, attacked, insulted etc. We faint not; because as the earthen vessel is perishing the Spirit is being renewed daily vv16. That's why he now said the persecutions et al are light afflictions and can only affect the flesh (physical things) for a moment (hence temporal), while the Spirit (Unseen) which glows with God's glory (and continues to improve in glory as we behold him) is eternal.

It says nothing about accepting sicknesses and diseases. It speaks only of Persecutions et al.

As the earthen vessel perishes! Did you see that?

The earthen vessel is what you and jo try so hard to refurbish and embellish leaving the spirit which happens to be the core reason for our faith.

2 Likes

Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by Gombs(m): 6:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
shdemidemi:

My brother,

[size=30pt]Miracle is equal to vanity upon vanity.[/size] The only miracle that shakes heaven is the salvation of a soul. The hallmark of false a teacher is the teaching directed and focused on the aggrandising of sinful flesh.

A true minister and servant of God feeds the saints with the food for their soul and not the food for their flesh.

Goshen, Candour, Drummaboy what sayeth thou? Do you folks agree with the above bold? Am stupendously stupefied...i'm sorely disappointed cry
Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by shdemidemi(m): 6:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
mbaemeka:

The Pope is already in the world and has been in the world for ages. The man spoken of in that verse of scripture will be revealed. Besides, the antichrist will be that one is anti; against; opposite -Christ and the Pope is not against Christ..

Now, check the meaning of revealed- it means to uncover, unveil.

If antichrist like many people assume will come as one against Christ, man will flee. Rather he will come like a counterfeit.

mbaemeka:
There is no single scripture that states that the Holy Spirit will be taken out of the way. Jesus said the Holy Spirit will be on earth forever. There is nothing like after the dispensation of the Holy Spirit. The only thing that will be removed from the earth is the Church (christ's body) at the rapture.

The same Gospel of the Kingdom that Jesus preached in His three years of ministry will be proclaimed again during the Tribulation. It will be different from what we have today from the Holy Spirit through apostle Paul.

There will be no grace teaching during tribulation meaning there will be an end to the present administration/dispensation of grace which came through the initiation of the Holy Spirit

mbaemeka:
Wrong. Only Christians leave during the Rapture. Not a single scripture says the Holy Spirit's going anywhere..

Did I say otherwise?

There is a difference between the dispensation of the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit, you know?

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by mbaemeka(m): 6:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
shdemidemi:

Now, check the meaning of revealed- it means to uncover, unveil.

If antichrist like many people assume will come as one against Christ, man will flee. Rather he will come like a counterfeit.

He will deceive people then because God will let them be deceived (scripture says he will send them strong delusion). He will also perform as many signs as Jesus in a convincing way (this being possible because the church restraining him are out of the way). He will blaspheme Christ and even call himself God. That's why a lot of bible scholars and even Pastors believe he will come as a Jew.

The Jews will think he is their expected Messiah especially as he will ridicule Jesus' name. And he will act like a ruler or king (that's why some doubted Jesus- they thought he was to come as an earthly King). They will accept the anti-christ when he comes. That's why it is not the Pope. The Pope is hated by most of the world still but the antichrist will be loved by the world for a time.

he same Gospel of the Kingdom that Jesus preached in His three years of ministry will be proclaimed again during the Tribulation. It will be different from what we have today from the Holy Spirit through apostle Paul.

There will be no grace teaching during tribulation meaning there will be an end to the present administration/dispensation of grace which came through the initiation of the Holy Spirit

Yep, some people believe this. I would be honest I haven't fully understood this aspect but what do I care? I would have been gone by then.

Did I say otherwise?

There is a difference between the dispensation of the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit.

ok
Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by mbaemeka(m): 7:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
shdemidemi:

Why and how did we become more than conquerors through Christ?

By justification (just as if we never sinned)

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us

In ALL these things we are past conquering. He didn't say sickness or disease. He said persecutions et al. More than conquerors means someone else conquered on your behalf and then gave you the credit.

What would you advice a sick Christian, to stop giving thanks?

IN ALL THINGS is encapsulate the good times and the very bad times.
Philippians 4
11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.

Paul didn't sound like all will be plain sailing for him nor for us. There are times when conditions will be unfavourable, this can come in any form, the word of God becomes our strength at such times. If our mind is right with God's word, we will sincerely praise God cos He is closest to us when we seem weak.

If you are sick you command it to leave in Jesus name and continue giving thanks. ALL things to Paul was in persecutions, beatings, peril, sword, unclothedness, tribulations etc. NOT sickness faa. We cannot thank God for sickness. He didn't give it and he doesn't want us to suffer it. That part is clear.

As the earthen vessel perishes! Did you see that?

The earthen vessel is what you and jo try so hard to refurbish and embellish leaving the spirit which happens to be the core reason for our faith.

The earthen vessel is growing old that's what he means. Not growing sick. Besides you wouldn't even remember you are a Spirit being if the body is suffering from Ebola. grin grin Let us be practical with Christianity for Jesus didn't lie. He said if it was not so he would have told us.
Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by shdemidemi(m): 7:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
mbaemeka:

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us

In ALL these things we are past conquering. He didn't say sickness or disease. He said persecutions et al. More than conquerors means someone else conquered on your behalf and then gave you the credit.

My friend,

the passage never said you are immune to these things, might not be what you like to hear, but it just did not say that. What it says is even with the presence of all these things, we have a hope in Christ.

mbaemeka:
If you are sick you command it to leave in Jesus name and continue giving thanks. ALL things to Paul was in persecutions, beatings, peril, sword, unclothedness, tribulations etc. NOT sickness faa. We cannot thank God for sickness. He didn't give it and he doesn't want us to suffer it. That part is clear.

Did He permit Job's misfortunes?

Can a christian pass through anything without the knowledge of God?

mbaemeka:
The earthen vessel is growing old that's what he means. Not growing sick. Besides you wouldn't even remember you are a Spirit being if the body is suffering from Ebola. grin grin Let us be practical with Christianity for Jesus didn't lie. He said if it was not so he would have told us.
The bible says the outward man perishes, not old.. may be you should lookup that word.

The job of the Holy Spirit is to comfort believers.

Who needs a comforter?

There has to be a difference between a christian living with such disease and an unbeliever. A christian is confident about his future, he is confident that even at death, God remains good and He knows better.

The bible never exempted us from going through fire but says even while you are in fire, I will be there with you.

2 Likes

Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by Candour(m): 8:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
Gombs:

Goshen, Candour, Drummaboy what sayeth thou? Do you folks agree with the above bold? Am stupendously stupefied...i'm sorely disappointed cry

Present.

Maybe that statement sounds heavy. I might not put it that way, but really what on this earth isn't going to end in vanity? Can you point to one thing on this earth that isn't vanity after all said and done? How long is your stay on earth compared to eternity?

Is it miracle of house? Job? Money? Spouse? Healing? Who has been healed of any disease or ailment that didn't eventually succumb to the great leveller:death?

Solomon was right you know and every human being will agree with him eventually even if its on their death bed that "vanity of vanity, all is vanity"

2 Likes

Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by Gombs(m): 9:10pm On Sep 01, 2014
Candour:

Present.

Maybe that statement sounds heavy. I might not put it that way, but really what on this earth isn't going to end in vanity? Can you point to one thing on this earth that isn't vanity after all said and done? How long is your stay on earth compared to eternity?

Is it miracle of house? Job? Money? Spouse? Healing? Who has been healed of any disease or ailment that didn't eventually succumb to the great leveller:death?

Solomon was right you know and every human being will agree with him eventually even if its on their death bed that "vanity of vanity, all is vanity"

bobo, answer me pop and clear, no vex... he said miracles equal to vanity unpon vanity... using Paul or Peter's miracle exploits, would you termm it as vanity-note, dont be in a hurry to reply, be aware the Holy Spirit wrought miracles through men, even today
Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by Candour(m): 9:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
Gombs:

bobo, answer me pop and clear, no vex... he said miracles equal to vanity unpon vanity... using Paul or Peter's miracle exploits, would you termm it as vanity-note, dont be in a hurry to reply, be aware the Holy Spirit wrought miracles through men, even today

Even if you're a teacher, you know I'm not your student?

I've answered you up there already and even gave a reservation about his statement. That should be enough for you so that you don't force me to give you my own yes or no question wink

2 Likes

Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
Elijah78:

II Thessalonians 2 (Here’s the paraphrase of verses 9-12):

9: This rebellion will come through the work of Satan himself, who will enable those who follow him to display all sorts of supernatural manifestations, miracles and convincing signs to prove that God is on their side – all of them lying wonders used to deceive.

10: There will be no limit to the ever-increasing deceptions and perversions Satan will use to seduce people into joining his rebellion, and these are the ones who are perishing because they refused to love the Truth so they could be saved.

11: And since they refused to love the truth, God will cast an overwhelming delusion over them to make them believe the lies.

12: And they will all be condemned because they would not follow the Truth; but, instead, were more than willing, even happy, to be a part of the rebellion.

well said.

All these fake preachers will surely receive their reward not long from now.

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by Gombs(m): 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
Candour:

Even if you're a teacher, you know I'm not your student?

I've answered you up there already and even gave a reservation about his statement. That should be enough for you so that you don't force me to give you my own yes or no question wink

Oya na park well, u did not answer anything, thanks for your time...meanwhile, I'd safely assume u r of same school of thought as shedemidemi...
Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by mbaemeka(m): 2:19am On Sep 02, 2014
shdemidemi:
My friend,
the passage never said you are immune to these things, might not be what you like to hear, but it just did not say that. What it says is even with the presence of all these things, we have a hope in Christ.
Did He permit Job's misfortunes?
Can a christian pass through anything without the knowledge of God?
The bible says the outward man perishes, not old.. may be you should lookup that word.
The job of the Holy Spirit is to comfort believers.
Who needs a comforter?
There has to be a difference between a christian living with such disease and an unbeliever. A christian is confident about his future, he is confident that even at death, God remains good and He knows better.
The bible never exempted us from going through fire but says even while you are in fire, I will be there with you.

There's a lot of scripture-posting with zero experiences to back it. It's easy to isolate points and generate a teaching but it is escapist not to put what you believe to the test. When such is done we start to rationalize the word of God and then pick and choose what to believe and it is only tantamount to more and more confusion.

For example, Paul listed what he said he was more than a conqueror of amd he didn't list sickness or disease but you will add it for him and say God allowed Job to be tested. Fine, who brought the sickness that God allowed? Satan; the devil.

Now if I show you where the scriptures say God has given us power over all the works of the devil you will say no, he only did it then to prove Himself to the Jews. If I show you Gentiles that got miracles you would say it was an era that has passed. If I show you present day people who received miracles you would say it is stage-managed or wrought with Satanic powers. If you see that it was done in Jesus name and cannot refute it you then conclude that it is vanity.

If I use the same Ecclesiastics (where you got the vanity talk) to show you about miracles or God's power you will still say Solomon made errors we cannot learn much from him and you will deny each Bible verse pointed at you till you deny the whole bible.

Paul said WE ARE more than conquerors through Christ. He didn't say we have a hope in that verse. Where did you get it from?

God knows everything that happens on earth. He doesn't interfere just because he is God. That's why he taught us to pray. Do you think prayer can change anything?

What did Paul mean by the outward man perishes? Can we go Greek to show that your interpretation of perish is turned on its head? Tell me, what sickness did Abraham die of? What about Moses? What about Job?

When Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego where in the fire, did God let them burn? I will wait.

The Holy Spirit is more than a comforter. He is an advocate, a helper, a teacher, a standby, an intercessor, a counsellor. He doesn't only comfort in persecution, he helps in challenges, he intercedes on our behalf, he teaches etc. If you don't know these attributes about him then you don't know him enough. And you are advised to search more and find him.

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by Joagbaje(m): 2:45am On Sep 02, 2014
shdemidemi:

My brother,

Miracle is equal to vanity upon vanity. The only miracle that shakes heaven is the salvation of a soul. The hallmark of false a teacher is the teaching directed and focused on the aggrandising of sinful flesh.

Salvation is a full package. You need to understand that. What is your concept of good news. It's a life of dominion over sin,and every work of satan. When a man recieves the holyghost ,he recieves the ability to work in the supernatural. But those who lack the empowerment of the holyghost rather criticise his work instead of being humble to RECIEVE him. Salvation is not one sided . It's total.

Isaiah 61:1-3
​ The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me;
because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek;
he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives,
and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,
and the day of vengeance of our God;
to comfort all that mourn;
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion,
to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning,
the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
that they might be called trees of righteousness,
the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by Joagbaje(m): 2:51am On Sep 02, 2014
mbaemeka:
The Holy Spirit is more than a comforter. He is an advocate, a helper, a teacher, a standby, an intercessor, a counsellor. He doesn't only comfort in persecution, he helps in challenges, he intercedes on our behalf, he teaches etc. If you don't know these attributes about him then you don't know him enough. And you are advised to search more and find him.

Well said brother .

John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth. . . . and he will shew you things to come.

1 Corinthians 2:12
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1 Corinthians 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

2 Likes

Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by shdemidemi(m): 5:07am On Sep 02, 2014
mbaemeka:

There's a lot of scripture-posting with zero experiences to back it. It's easy to isolate points and generate a teaching but it is escapist not to put what you believe to the test. When such is done we start to rationalize the word of God and then pick and choose what to believe and it is only tantamount to more and more confusion.

Experience based christianity is the reason for the countless denominations we have in the body of Christ today. Unfortunately, experiences come and go, they are temporal, they are unique to individuals thus cannot be used as a standard for measuring biblical truth.

Many have started ministries based on personal convictions, experiences and revelations which have no precedence in scripture. People have been fooled and deceived to join such ministers because of what they see seem more real than what they can only read through scripture.

Are we in a position to actually test scriptures? I believe the only thing that needs testing is the so called miracles men ostentatiously display.

mbaemeka:
For example, Paul listed what he said he was more than a conqueror of amd he didn't list sickness or disease but you will add it for him

I am not adding nothing for him. Apostle Paul went past sickness, he went for the jugular when he mentioned death. There is a slight hope in sickness and disease but the man picked death.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

'In all these things'- Even at death, I am more than a conqueror.

mbaemeka:
and say God allowed Job to be tested. Fine, who brought the sickness that God allowed? Satan; the devil.

You did not answer the question-will a christian go through anything without God's knowledge?

Without God's permission, would it be possible for the devil to touch a man like Job?

mbaemeka:
Now if I show you where the scriptures say God has given us power over all the works of the devil you will say no, he only did it then to prove Himself to the Jews. If I show you Gentiles that got miracles you would say it was an era that has passed. If I show you present day people who received miracles you would say it is stage-managed or wrought with Satanic powers. If you see that it was done in Jesus name and cannot refute it you then conclude that it is vanity.

If I use the same Ecclesiastics (where you got the vanity talk) to show you about miracles or God's power you will still say Solomon made errors we cannot learn much from him and you will deny each Bible verse pointed at you till you deny the whole bible.

It is easy to get carried away by the stories hence turning our backs to the main substance and reason for the stories. God showed different dimensions of Himself in scripture that we might trust, believe and worship Him as God. But, through our selfie- me myself and I way of viewing things, we hold on to the wrong end of the stick.

We make a whole mess of the stories because of our lustful nature. These stories must be seen in the light of God and not in a way to put us in a position where we see God as a placebo and ourselves as the one who really matter. God said 'worry not about these things' meaning He is in control but we ignore the word only to misinterpret and misapply all tat was suppose to be a progressive revelation of the person of God.

mbaemeka:

Paul said WE ARE more than conquerors through Christ. He didn't say we have a hope in that verse. Where did you get it from?

Well, I see the understanding of Romans 8 as a chapter that adds at least ten to twenty years to ones life. Paul said amid all we are more than conquerors. That gives me the impression of hope even as I go through my daily challenges.

For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit(christians), even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

As far as this chapter and God is concerned, everyone on the face of the earth is suffering. No man has it all. I am not deceived by the luxury cars, houses and the bright smile.

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

The entire chapter did not say we should do a single thing, It is an indicative chapter that tells us who we are and what awaits us after our short journey through the present life.

mbaemeka:
God knows everything that happens on earth. He doesn't interfere just because he is God. That's why he taught us to pray. Do you think prayer can change anything?

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Before we were born, He knew us, we didnt come by accident and our journey in life isn't by accident either. There is a purpose, there is a will, and there is a record. Only God sees all that will happen to us tomorrow clearly, we only have the present and that is as far as our senses can take us.

God's will and purpose cannot be changed by prayers.

Joseph will be incarcerated until the appointed time

No matter how much Mary prayed, the will of God concerning the slaughter of Jesus on the cross cannot be changed.

Job couldn't have prayed himself out of his ordeal...

Esau I hate.. even before Esau was born. He couldn't have prayed himself to be Jacob. It was already predestined.

Prayer isn't commanding God but a relationship with God.. Thy will of God shall be done os His will and purpose is far better than whatever conjectures we may gather.
mbaemeka:
What did Paul mean by the outward man perishes? Can we go Greek to show that your interpretation of perish is turned on its head? Tell me, what sickness did Abraham die of? What about Moses? What about Job?.

The greek word used is diapthetiro meaning decaying
mbaemeka:
When Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego where in the fire, did God let them burn? I will wait.
The point here is they went into the fire to discover the fourth man. He was there.

Similarly, you might see me sick but if my sick bed is where I will discover God in His fullness, I will gladly embrace it.

If you were part of those boys, you would rather look for a jo or pray and fast to avoid the fire, not knowing God is mostly found where you least expect Him to be.
mbaemeka:

I never asked for other attributes. I only asked if He is a comforter and who needs such.

A pregnant woman that goes through the pangs and pains of child birth needs a comforter. Her comforter may be her husband, her other family members or the labor delivery nurse. None of these people can stop her from going through the pain, they can only encourage her by comforting her in whichever way or form to endure and persevere. That is exactly what the Holy Spirit does with us through God's word when we go through the pangs of life. He works on our mind like the anaesthetic does . We will hardly sob over anything even the sort of things that will naturally kill an unbeliever.

2 Likes

Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by shdemidemi(m): 5:25am On Sep 02, 2014
Joagbaje:

Salvation is a full package. You need to understand that. What is your concept of good news. It's a life of dominion over sin,and every work of satan. When a man recieves the holyghost ,he recieves the ability to work in the supernatural. But those who lack the empowerment of the holyghost rather criticise his work instead of being humble to RECIEVE him. Salvation is not one sided . It's total.

I don't agree.

I am like today's reporter telling the world what Usain bolt did. He broke a record, he is the fastest in the world. The people will not turn around to praise or sing my name, after all I am only a reporter. But the star deserves to be praised, just as the news deserves to be told.

In similitude, the star is Jesus, He is great, He is the star, He did what no man could have done, He laid His life for His enemies. Jo should be reporting the news and not looking for gimmicks or fetish ways to become another star. Preach the gospel, it is the good news not good advice.

Which other super natural do I seek save for preaching the gospel of what humanity attained through the real star- JESUS

Salvation is of the new man/ the soul and not of the fallen structure/ the flesh that perishes day by day. You glorify and place the devil on a pedestal. He has no power over a christian, he lost the battle already.

We must study scriptures to acquire the knowledge that place the devil where he belongs.

3 Likes

Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by Joagbaje(m): 7:40am On Sep 02, 2014
shdemidemi:

I don't agree.

I am like today's reporter telling the world what Usain bolt did. He broke a record, he is the fastest in the world. The people will not turn around to praise or sing my name, after all I am only a reporter. But the star deserves to be praised, just as the news deserves to be told.

In similitude, the star is Jesus, He is great, He is the star, He did what no man could have done, He laid His life for His enemies. Jo should be reporting the news and not looking for gimmicks or fetish ways to become another star. Preach the gospel, it is the good news not good advice.

Which other super natural do I seek save for preaching the gospel of what humanity attained through the real star- JESUS

Salvation is of the new man/ the soul and not of the fallen structure/ the flesh that perishes day by day. You glorify and place the devil on a pedestal. He has no power over a christian, he lost the battle already.

We must study scriptures to acquire the knowledge that place the devil where he belongs.

In what way have I become the star ?
Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by Elijah78: 7:52am On Sep 02, 2014
Is this how Christians should live? Can this kind of behavior not quench the Holy spirit? Okay so where does the power to heal etc comes from?

The Wife of a global Pastor should behave like pastor Ose Oyaks??/

From Sister Lebogang Radibela: “It’s true, here in Johannesburg a pastor impregnated a young lady and forced her to do abortion, later on the lady was promoted to being a pastor, till today she is still a pastor, working together with the wife to the pastor who impregnated her. Members act like this is normal; I mean where we draw a line.”

From Jacob Nnoli: @Sister Lebogang Radibela, “it’s not just a pastor. it’s our darling older brother Rev Ken himself that activated the pregnancy button but it’s shocking to know that our regional pastor, Pastor Ose Oyakhilome, a mother herself supported the abortion and by (following the principle of the ) 48 laws of power, she’s keeping her close. That sounds like what an ‘area mother’ would do and to top it up, the grandfather himself Rev Chris ordained the sister a pastor and probably help seared the damaged conscience with some rands/dollars. How many more in Nigeria region? Time will fail us to speak of Asaba, Kaduna, Port Harcourt, Benin and many too numerous to mention. I had to listen to that Youtube message again this morning and I can now understand when Pastor Chris said Pastor Anita should have moved with those who will help her as the wife of global pastor. Is this what she should learn, to help Pastor Yemisi and other indicted ladies? Actually Pastor, you forgot to announce the firing of Pastor Pat, the CSO as a result of leaked White House (Pastor Chris’ residence in Lagos) information and the hiring of a brother-in-law Deacon Kingsley Osazuwa. Our darling Rev Ken, it looks like Durex, Trojan, and Gold circle condoms etc
[b][/b]
- See more at: http://www.cameroonjournal.com/page444.html#sthash.IuwpXFLB.dpuf

Okay let christians sit and watch?? according to you sympathizers of chris. I wonder how Gombs and Jo claim to know what chris etc can do.
And if there is no mistake about it, then dogs give birth to dogs, all in cec. The above are comments from cec members.

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by Elijah78: 7:54am On Sep 02, 2014
@shdemidemi, Thanks alot for giving accurate answers to @mbaemeka. I really appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by Elijah78: 9:00am On Sep 02, 2014
mbaemeka:

How can you prove the message you believe is right and what others believe is wrong?

How can you prove the message you believe is right and what others believe is wrong?

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by shdemidemi(m): 9:31am On Sep 02, 2014
Joagbaje:

In what way have I become the star ?

You have made yourself a counterfeit star by the message you teach. The mandate is to teach and spread the gospel/good news of Christ.

Your message is such that appeal to the ears of the people. All manner of marketing strategy is put into use- Come and you will see miracle, come to our church if you are in need of a child, come if you have aids, come if you want money, etceteras.

People eventually come to you because the advert says they will get those things they lust for. They come for the wrong reason, not for God but for solution to a problem.

A church should be known for the Word - the message of redemption and spiritual growth they teach and not for how many miracles they can put together.

2 Likes

Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by Gombs(m): 10:16am On Sep 02, 2014
shdemidemi:

You have made yourself a counterfeit star by the message you teach. The mandate is to teach and spread the gospel/good news of Christ.

Your message is such that appeal to the ears of the people. All manner of marketing strategy is put into use- Come and you will see miracle, come to our church if you are in need of a child, come if you have aids, come if you want money, etceteras.

[s]People eventually come to you because the advert says they will get those things they lust for. They come for the wrong reason, not for God but for solution to a problem.

A church should be known for the Word - the message of redemption and spiritual growth they teach and not for how many miracles they can put together.[/s]

undecided
Re: Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies by Joagbaje(m): 3:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
shdemidemi:

You have made yourself a counterfeit star by the message you teach. .Your message is such that appeal to the ears of the people. All manner of marketing strategy is put into use

I teach the complete counsel of God. And I show references for everything I tech from scriptures. But you are yet to back up the wrong teachings you do from scripture. Few occasions when I corner you on them ,you get insultive. If you're willing to discuss . Let's open our bibles .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

the sonoflucifer is dead... / Reachout Nigeria 2013: Celebrating Our Possibilities / Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.