Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,697 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

When Do Testimonies In Churches Become Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Do Testimonies In Churches Become Sin? (436 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days / Pastor Exposed For Paying Prostitutes To Give Testimonies In Miracle Scam - Vid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Do Testimonies In Churches Become Sin? by Seandeeds(m): 4:24pm On Aug 31, 2014
I was at a church the other time, when a woman came out to give her testimony. She testified to the fact that her daughter got married despite all the family problems....African family wahala.

After it all, she said we should go check out one ranking like that. She said her daughter's wedding was ranked number one. She said the number one more than two times.

I was just wondering if that did not amount to boasting and pride.

I don't want to commit sin by concluding. I just felt I should ask the house.

Thanks a lot and happy Sunday.
Re: When Do Testimonies In Churches Become Sin? by Sanchez01: 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
Seandeeds: I was at a church the other time, when a woman came out to give her testimony. She testified to the fact that her daughter got married despite all the family problems....African family wahala.

After it all, she said we should go check out one ranking like that. She said her daughter's wedding was ranked number one. She said the number one more than two times.

I was just wondering if that did not amount to boasting and pride.

I don't want to commit sin by concluding. I just felt I should ask the house.

Thanks a lot and happy Sunday.
Testimonies are available so that people will know what God has (been) doing/done. Hence, the woman you claimed mentioned number one might have boasted but it is not a sin in that stead. Testimonies only become a sin when we exaggerate.

1 Like

Re: When Do Testimonies In Churches Become Sin? by immortalcrown(m): 4:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
Testimony is a sin when the purpose of sharing it is not to praise God but to humiliate other worshipers. Some people are good at that, especially when their neighbours are in the same church.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Elizabeth And Sarah In The House Let's Meet Here For Prayer / My 20th Birthday's Eve Experience With GOD / If Prayer Does Not Work, Try Praise! How True Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.