Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,124 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 (18916 Views)

Help With Nollywood Movies Sound Track / The Problem With Nollywood / The Real Problem With Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by Big4wig(m): 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
The day a Ghost got involved in an accident was the day i stopped watching Nollywood.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by rill: 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
I thought I was gonna see a list with 1001 points

1 Like

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by marieolae(f): 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2014
So true. But I can truly say nollywood is improving. Its a process

1 Like

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by msmon(m): 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2014
K
Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by Yemlizzy(f): 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2014
Not enough valid points,it sounds more like gibberish talk.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by condralbede(m): 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2014
malikmoreni: [size=28pt]Too predictable...Yes, I can predict a whole film by just watching 30mins out of it[/size]

angry
I can predict a whole film by just watching The pack.....
Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by dania30(f): 1:37pm On Sep 04, 2014
Nollywood tho undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 04, 2014
condralbede: I can predict a whole film by just watching The pack.....

Lolz,, you dey para o

1 Like

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by CoCoLav(f): 1:39pm On Sep 04, 2014
Sanchez01:
I'd gladly become a fan for doing something different from what we have. And about genres, we have:

Action

Comedy

Adventure

Biography

Animation

Family

Fantasy

Crime

Mystery

Sport

Horror

Romance

Drama

Mystery

Documentary

Film-Noir

Musical

War

Thriller

History

Sci-Fi

(Western)

Of all the genres I mentioned above, excluding Western, which I consider irrelevant in Nigeria, which of those genres do we have?
We have

Romance

Comedy

Mystery

Thriller

Horror

Musical

All in one of course!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by daben1(m): 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
What have u done since u came into this world? And you are here talking to millionaires that have made it beyond wretchedness n poverty... Say something better joor
Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
Sanchez01:
I quite agree with you mentioned but is O.C. Ukeje the only one in the industry? If you read through my post carefully, you'd discover that I made mention of Kunle Afolayan; so far, he has been the most promising producer around. The reason for this is very simple, he has moved from the conventional way of a stereotyped industry to doing the industry proud. Still, Kunle Afolayan cannot do it alone, other producers must repent. And about the cinemas, let's talk about the movies first? How many of our movies are cinema worthy? How many of our movies are worth watching more than ones? Let's talk about this first before thinking of creating more cinemas.

What of Obi Emelonye?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by Sanchez01: 1:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
QMark: Nice observations. Is "Nollywood" your school final year project topic?
Lol... Funny! I'm through with my degree programme cool

1 Like

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by sexzskil(f): 1:52pm On Sep 04, 2014
The only movie industry in the universe is HOLLYWOOD. THIS is no supprise. All others are mere awkward ripp-off and imitations. May Hollywood rule the world and God forever, amen!
Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
I agree with the Op,sometimes naming one movie different names.
Nollywood season movie,may be season 1 to 6 can be watch within 4hrs imagine.
Once you watch any nollywood movie not neccesary for you watching the end,b'cos from the begining you will definiately knows how it will end.
Nollywood can use 30minute Advertising
Honestly i love American movies.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by eluquenson(m): 2:00pm On Sep 04, 2014
Especially yoruba movies i hate them for wasting our time & money producing scraps, they advertise 10movies almost every 20mins, film that was suppose to be in 2cds yet they used 6cds to produce & sell at exorbitant amount.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by rman: 2:03pm On Sep 04, 2014
The name should also be changed to something else.

Nollywood is a poor attempt at creativity. Everyone knows it was coined from Hollywood.

I still marvel at how the music industry turned it around and are not competing globally while the movie industry is still so slow in adapting
Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by Lilimax(f): 2:03pm On Sep 04, 2014
I don't watch home video embarassed

1 Like

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by iceberylin(m): 2:03pm On Sep 04, 2014
i Hate Nollywood more than i Hate the Devil..ironic right:-/ but i do!!!
Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by Padipadi(m): 2:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
Guykhena:

Your head dey dia joor.

And there's always an annoying song in Nollywood movies in which the lyrics narrate the whole storyline ......

And that BLEEDING ANGEL would be the Part 3 and 4 of BLEEDING LOVE ..smh for nollywood

Soundtracks like "Gan Gan Gan Gan"..
You just know what's about to happen... Smh again angry

Nollywood works on 'Quantity' instead of 'Quality'......
Too bad...
Nollywood shows how Nigeria is

1 Like

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by Nanook: 2:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
Where are the other 992 reasons?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by mrarranger: 2:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
Tell them......
Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by Youpele52: 2:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
You deserve a cookie
Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by pussypounder(m): 2:20pm On Sep 04, 2014
my dad wants me to stop posting on nairaland else hes gonna smash my head into the keyboaevfrhebpifvrinehvfrqkmwqkdmjwediefcrji

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by mufutau55(m): 2:20pm On Sep 04, 2014
Agreed 1000%. Can you beleive some company are still using VCD, what quality can you get from that, especially those Yoruba movies, very lousy.
Silly music are too loud when people in the movies are talking that you could hardly hear them. I stopped watching Nollywood movies.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by pussypounder(m): 2:20pm On Sep 04, 2014
my dad wants me to stop posting on nairaland else hes gonna smash my head into the keyboaevfrhebpifvrinehvfrqkmwqkdmjwediefcrjigdgdfg
Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by Haywhymido(m): 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
U still dey watch nonsensewood

1 Like

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by llouis: 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
Mediocrity is everywhere in our country; In our economy, government, educational institutions, religious sects, correctional facilities, music industry, so small wonder why the so called nullywood is null and void of excellence as well.

Sometimes I am tempted to believe it is a black thing, but then again the Egyptians thousands of years ago built the pyramids and other ancient wonders, invented the alphabet, mathematics, the wheel, time measurement (the sun dial) and were the greatest civilization at the time, and they were all blacks! So its not because we are blacks that we are mediocre.

I think mediocrity is the firstborn and grand father of corruption; so you see corruption can never boast of being a bastard or heir-less.

Enlightenment is the bane of mediocrity but how many of us take time to invest in our intelligence, creativity and wisdom?

The sad reality is nullywood will continue to thrive in its mediocrity for another 50 years or more, because as nigerians we are quick to drown ourselves in the pool of our mediocre achievements in our so called movie industry, deliberately ignoring the obvious and citing reasons and excuses why we cannot deliver quality movies to match the likes of hollywood and bollywood. Professionalism, creativity and the caghones to strive for excellence is lacking in the current generation of producers, directors and actors in our movie industry.

It would amaze you that the money spent on special effects for a particular scene in a hollywood movie is more expensive than one of our block buster movies. Not to mention we have no stunt men, wack sound tracks (created solely by multitracking on a Yamaha PSR 1000), wack audio & visual effects, etc at all in our movie industry.

So OP your 1001 points will not have any impact on the ogas at the top feeding nigerians with home videos of such mentally insulting scripts. They are making their money so the survival instinct they have outweighs any urge to invest in quality, academy award winning ventures.

We must tackle mediocrity first by self enlightenment; look not to our leaders religious or governmental or judiciary for most of them have failed us. Only by self illumination and imbibing of wisdom and enlightenment can we pursue excellence which would reflect in every arm of our society.

Personally I can't stand a home video. If you want me to suicide or force me into astral travel its very easy; tie me to a chair and place a home video to play in front of me, I don't need to swear by heaven, I will leave my body for you and try finding my way into another dimension, at least until Part 2 or 3 of the movie ends.
Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by silverprince413(m): 2:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
Olu jacob.. If no be king e be, na ritualist or e no dey film
Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 04, 2014
Wonderful review. Hopefully we will get there soon.
Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by condralbede(m): 2:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
malikmoreni:

Lolz,, you dey para o
Like seriously ooo

1 Like

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by nickz(m): 2:46pm On Sep 04, 2014
sometimes i watch some hollywood movies that i do not even known the real names of the actor[unpopular],and they still are interesting

sorry,same can't be said about nollywood

i'd rather count all my sisters underwears than watch a nollywood movie angry angry
Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by redcliff: 2:46pm On Sep 04, 2014
RayMcBlue: ...undecided

@Op, I can only see 9 reasons, where are the rest? Your topic specifically stated "1001" reasons, no? So how come? undecided grin

When you did not read the post...why wont you drop this kind of comment..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ishaq Akintola: BBNaija Misleading Youths, FG Should Ban It Like Twitter / Ghanian Delegates Visit Nigeria Over Ban Of Movies / Reasons You Should Dump Your Dstv Decoder And Get A Gotv Decoder Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.