Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:17 PM

Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation (1140 Views)

"Ugonna Madueke's New Home In London" - Trezzyblog / Why I Won’t Seek Political Office – Dangote / Should Religious Leaders Seek Political Positions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation by Kponkwem(m): 4:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation

The president of Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo, Kaduna State Branch, Chief Austin C. Amaechi, has said that the Igbo would not abandon their multi-billion naira investment in the North. He said his people in the region would not be forced to go back to the East despite the wave of insecurity, adding that they are at home in the North.

Speaking yesterday at his inauguration as the newly selected president of Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo, Kaduna State Branch, Amaechi said that since there are a lot of Igbo people in most northern parts of the country, it is important to have a leader that can enhance peaceful co-existence between them and their hosts, as well as protect their investments.
“The Igbo currently have investments of over N40 billion in the North. So how can they leave that and go to the East? Economically, we are at home in the North. We also want to participate politically. We will therefore ensure that we pursue peace with our host communities and among the Igbo communities. This is because once there is peace, our investments and other people’s investments will be secured. If there is no peace, it is not only the investments of the Igbo that would be threatened; other Nigerians would also be affected.
“There are a lot of Igbo people in most of the northern parts of the country. So there is the need to have a sound leader to ensure that the good relationship between them and their host communities is sustained. My mission is therefore to enhance an understanding between the Igbo in Kaduna State and their host communities,’’ he said.
Amaechi was selected to replace the late Engineer Andrew Nwaekwe, who passed away in 2012. He called on the people to disregard the call by some groups that the Igbo should leave the North ahead of the 2015 general elections.
“I am aware that our brothers in the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) have called on the Igbo in the North and outside Igbo communities in the East to come home. As the new Igbo leader in Kaduna, I hereby call on our people to realise that we are comfortable here in the North. We are waxing stronger and stronger. We are feeling at home; hence we have no reason to think of going home. We are not just coming to the North; we have been in the North from the beginning. I call on all the Igbo in the North to participate in the 2015 general elections and ensure that credible leaders, who will protect, not only the interest of the host communities, but the interest of the non- natives, are elected into offices.
“I also want to say that during the Nigerian civil war, the properties of the Igbo were secured by northerners. And after the war when the Igbo came back, our properties were handed over to us, including the money collected from rents. That helped us to re-establish ourselves after the war. I don’t want to point to other parts of Nigeria where the investments of the Igbo were declared abandoned properties. That never happened in the North. That is giving us the confidence to continue investing in the North despite the security challenges. I can assure you that the investment will continue because very soon, the security challenges will come to an end by the Grace of God,” he said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/news/17988-igbos-are-at-home-in-north-ohanaeze

Re: Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation by eunisam: 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
ndi igbo.mere onwunu ebere.nata ala igbo

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation by eleojo23: 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
It's unfortunate that their investments in that region are under threat (and it is to the economic disadvantage of the region anyway) But hope they know when to apply wisdom and realise that life is to be preferred over money.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation by Kponkwem(m): 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
After reading this piece I'm beginning to wonder who the real enemies of ndigbo are? The one who preserved their properties or those they call brothers who betrayed them?

The North fought ndigbo to secure Nigeria which they will lose if ndigbo leaves, the SS betrayed ndigbo despite being majorly Igbos..

So who are the real enemies?

I conclude that the evil was hatched by the north and the ndiofes to cause the mistrust between brothers, that so by ensuring no abandoned properties in their areas only within the east-PH to be sure.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
Kponkwem: After reading this piece I'm beginning to wonder who the real enemies of ndigbo are? Is the one who preserved their properties and betrayed them or the one who secured it.

The North fought ndigbo to secure Nigeria which they will lose if ndigbo leaves, the SS betrayed ndigbo despite being majorly Igbos..

So who are the enemies?
The real enemies of the Ibos are the Ibos themselves. When you go to someone's home, you obey the rules. You dont go there exaggerating your worth and insisting you want to start making rules for them too.

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation by Rawani: 6:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
Take your sweet talk back to the evil forests of Okija, we do not need anyone to tell us we are living on no man's land in the next 10 years. The north is busy facing it's challenges and does not need the introduction of Granny rape_, baby manufacturing industry, kidnapping, drug trafficking, prostitution, cannibalism, ritual killings and fake drugs that is the hallmark of the Ibo.

Why for Christ's sake can the nyamiri not stay and survive on their land? Yet the perennial chestbeaters will tell you they have a trillion dollars investment on your land, can't they use the money to develop red soiled, erosion ravaged slums of ala'igbo? Away jor!.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation by MeAboki(m): 6:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: The real enemies of the Ibos are the Ibos themselves.
When you go to someone's home, you obey the rules.
You dont go there exaggerating your worth and insisting you want to start making rules for them too.

Worst of all is that they always seem completely oblivious to the fact that they are even more annoying and irritating when they do that to others than they realise - literally behaving like tenacious parasitic fleas to a dog.

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation by SambisaKing: 6:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
Rawani: Take your sweet talk back to the evil forests of Okija, we do not need anyone to tell us we are living on no man's land in the next 10 years. The north is busy facing it's challenges and does not need the introduction of Granny rape_, baby manufacturing industry, kidnapping, drug trafficking, prostitution, cannibalism, ritual killings and fake drugs that is the hallmark of the Ibo.

Why for Christ's sake can the nyamiri not stay and survive on their land? Yet the perennial chestbeaters will tell you they have a trillion dollars investment on your land, can't they use the money to develop red soiled, erosion ravaged slums of ala'igbo? Away jor!.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation by lakpalakpa: 6:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
during the Nigerian civil war, the properties of the Igbo were secured by northerners. And after the war when the Igbo came back, our properties were handed over to us, including the money collected from rents. That helped us to re-establish ourselves after the war. I don’t want to point to other parts of Nigeria where the investments of the Igbo were declared abandoned properties. That never happened in the North. That is giving us the confidence to continue investing in the North despite the security challenges

Really??

Then Ibos should have nothing but deep respect for our Northern brothers. I know for a fact I roles were reversed Ibos would not have kept the properties or handed over collected rents.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation by MARKone(m): 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
Rawani: Take your sweet talk back to the evil forests of Okija, we do not need anyone to tell us we are living on no man's land in the next 10 years. The north is busy facing it's challenges and does not need the introduction of Granny rape_, baby manufacturing industry, kidnapping, drug trafficking, prostitution, cannibalism, ritual killings and fake drugs that is the hallmark of the Ibo.

Don't worry, very soon we go colonise una.
Re: Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation by agriboom: 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2014

grin my guy you de vex o grin
Re: Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 31, 2014

see dz aboki, dat contributes nothing to Nigeria's Gdp rather than terrorism and bloodshed, u re asking y nyamiri cant stay in there land, ask urself y u ppl cant survive on ur own without eyeing other peoples resources... Parasites.
Re: Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 31, 2014
lakpalakpa:

Really??

Then Ibos should have nothing but deep respect for our Northern brothers. I know for a fact I roles were reversed Ibos would not have kept the properties or handed over collected rents.
all doz things re just sweet talks.
Northerners slaughter doz Nyamiris in ur region... I can help u supply daggars free of charge.
Re: Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation by Truckpusher(m): 9:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
Kponkwem: After reading this piece I'm beginning to wonder who the real enemies of ndigbo are? The one who preserved their properties or those they call brothers who betrayed them?

So who are the real enemies?

I conclude that the evil was hatched by the north and the ndiofes to cause the mistrust between brothers, that so by ensuring no abandoned properties in their areas only within the east-PH to be sure.
Can you explain in a detailed manner how the SS betrayed the Igbos? or you just shut your trap.
Re: Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation by lakpalakpa: 9:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
lygn19:
all doz things re just sweet talks.
Northerners slaughter doz Nyamiris in ur region... I can help u supply daggars free of charge.

Are you saying the President of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Kaduna branch Chief Amaech is a LIAR??

grin grin grin
Re: Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
lakpalakpa:

Are you saying the President of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Kaduna branch Chief Amaech is a LIAR??

grin grin grin
yeah, dats y am giving d abokis a go ahead order to suyarize him in the nxt crisis. Nyamiris like dat lack common sense.
Re: Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation by TamzyTamudo: 12:16am On Sep 01, 2014

I just dey pity you,if the igbos laeve ur land can u please tell me the investments that will be left there? Only dangote and the dantatas can't make a forest,u guys are so gonna suffer suffer and suffer till eternity in abject poverty,mumu boy u better wise up and detect facts of human existence.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are At Home In North, Seek Political Participation by cjrane: 12:31am On Sep 01, 2014
[size=25pt]Any Igboman living in the northern Nigeria and calling it "Home" is living in a FOOL'S PARADISE

Better buy pump action and Uzzy now with plenty bullets to defend your assets & family when it sets.

If you like continue to delude yourself to learn Hausa, convert to Islam, take Hausa woman as wife as your fake insurance policy. Just don't complain when they still start burning you and your children like suya !
!
[/size]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NGR Army Begins Airstrike On Bama / UBA And First Bank ATMs Debited Me A Total Of 50k Without Dispensing The Money. / Sanusi's Take On Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.