Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,322 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here (20011 Views)

Man Who Represented Nigeria In Dubai Auto Racing Returns After His Car Crashed / As A New Driver, Can I Attempt Interstate Roads? / Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Coldplay007(f): 7:49am On Sep 07, 2014
nurey:
As much as I like sports cars I don't mess with muscle cars, and I have actually seen the charger in action with its noise making engine and I respect them. Let's know what you are challenging the charger and possible the fire breathing challenger when it arrives.

And he dives in.... cheesy
Have you seen readone's in action?
I don't claim to have a garage like you guys.. I only drive an 05 camry and sometimes my husband's 2010 avalon. We are 'chronically' toyota fans in my household.. thinking of upgrading to a 2014 avalon ( does that qualify as muscle grin cheesy grin)
As far as I'm concerned nobody has a challenger on this thread, in fact nobody has a dodger, Readone's puny does not qualify.. grin grin
As for the race? Nobody is challenging a dodger, all we have is a rio, a sienna and a camry so far.. cos there is no charger... tongue

3 Likes

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Coldplay007(f): 8:04am On Sep 07, 2014
Denn:

You this sewing machine driver. You call my kia a car in cheap drugs?

I am boiling and if care is not taken, I will ensure your 1982 Toyota cressida does not get to redeemed camp before it overheats.

Lol.

Leave readone and his pepper grinding machine alone o.... Lol
Oya sorry now.. I meant your 4.8L engine kia rio is high on nitro.... grin

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by yungboss(m): 8:28am On Sep 07, 2014
Interesting thread... smiley

3 Likes

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 07, 2014
Lol...this thread has digressed, that's for sure. The title needs to be changed to match the contents.

Dodge Charger Thread?

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Coldplay007(f): 9:12am On Sep 07, 2014
Siena: Lol...this thread has digressed, that's for sure. The title needs to be changed to match the contents.

Dodge Charger Thread?
Oga sienna... I love that green hue of your hilux.. wink
Not dodge charger, we still don't have proof anybody has a charger on this thread..
You need to see the picture of what he calls a charger.. so we renamed it puny... grin

2 Likes

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 9:14am On Sep 07, 2014
Coldplay007:
Oya sorry now.. I meant your 4.8L engine kia rio is high on nitro.... grin

I am coming in with a sports trac... Something like the attached pix... Don't wet your pants yet.... Wet it on the D-day.

Yes @siena, we have totally derailed this thread train....

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 1:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
Denn:

I am coming in with a sports trac... Something like the attached pix... Don't wet your pants yet.... Wet it on the D-day.

Well since you all want to contend, coldplay with the camry 05 hope its a v6 or you can bring your husbands avalon it will give you a little upper hand, as for denn, that your sport trac is only packing enough power to push loads not for racing, and I know readone has a charger he's has talked about it b4 this tread and zeusayo is bring his challenger which is really referred to as PONY (lmao).

I have a sienna but I won't use that, my sister is shopping for a INFINITI Qx4 2003 SE I know you are all wetting your pants with its 270hp I am sure not to be last.

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 1:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
Denn:

kai make una beg fg make dem quick post me come lag because if dats what Ʊ re bringing, I promise you that once I leave you at berger, na so so smoke Ʊ go just dey see Ʊ go chop dust tire..... lol!!!!

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
ZeusAyo: kai make una beg fg make dem quick post me come lag because if dats what Ʊ re bringing, I promise you that once I leave you at berger, na so so smoke Ʊ go just dey see Ʊ go chop dust tire..... lol!!!!
Wicked bro, just too wicked. You didn't even pity him, blood they say is thicker than water, please let him chop garri and not dust, we don't want him to come down with asthma or sneezing all over nairaland. Lol
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 1:46pm On Sep 07, 2014
ZeusAyo: kai make una beg fg make dem quick post me come lag because if dats what Ʊ re bringing, I promise you that once I leave you at berger, na so so smoke Ʊ go just dey see Ʊ go chop dust tire..... lol!!!!

Dear Ayo,

I know you don't want to come to lagos. There is nothing worse in battle than an assured defeat.

@nurey, please ask your mechanic if you can combine the infiniti and sienna together (just like rice and beans). You can also do photocopies and add... You will still come last. Abi what will you call a racer who manages to reach shagamu interchange when we are about returning from the ibadan lap?

As for Mrs sewing machine ride, it's faster if you join a public bus from berger.

Bossforeva and the baby Benz, don't forget to come with adult pampers...

Yours sincerely,
WINNER, FIRST NL LAGOS-IBADAN RACE

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 2:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
So you won't know it's all mouth, let me give you a brief...

From Berger, a good racer must be able to navigate the traffic of isheri, ibafo and mowe, take the straight dash on the good road portion from RCCG up till the point where the road narrows, use this narrow point to prevent an overtake by other contenders as much as possible up to shagamu interchange, pull out at shagamu and maintain top speed up to ogere......

Lol... That's the only tip I am giving....

I have not mentioned pre-tuning of the vehicles before the race, how to beat traffic, specific sections with pot holes and how to move on such terrains, places with possible car roll overs and all points after ogere.....
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 2:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
Denn:

Dear Ayo,

I know you don't want to come to lagos. There is nothing worse in battle than an assured defeat.

@nurey, please ask your mechanic if you can combine the infiniti and sienna together (just like rice and beans). You can also do photocopies and add... You will still come last. Abi what will you call a racer who manages to reach shagamu interchange when we are about returning from the ibadan lap?

As for Mrs sewing machine ride, it's faster if you join a public bus from berger.

Bossforeva and the baby Benz, don't forget to come with adult pampers...

Yours sincerely,
WINNER, FIRST NL LAGOS-IBADAN RACE
I like this dude. Lol!!! This thread is just getting more interesting
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
I feel there are enough fatal road traffic accidents in Nigeria, without compounding things with illegal street racing. I'm all for fast cars, but in a CONTROLLED environment.

There's a time and place for everything.

3 Likes

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
Siena: I feel there are enough fatal road traffic accidents in Nigeria, without compounding things with illegal street racing. I'm all for fast cars, but in a CONTROLLED environment.

word!
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 2:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
Siena: I feel there are enough fatal road traffic accidents in Nigeria, without compounding things with illegal street racing. I'm all for fast cars, but in a CONTROLLED environment.

As much as we are here 'making mouths' and stuffs, our race has been more virtual than any other form. We have teased and defended in so many ways.

This is the actual race.

We might not have the privilege you guys in developed countries have as regards to approved race tracks, but that should not limit us constructing one in our virtual minds.

One day, we will and when that day comes, we don't want to be found wanting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 3:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
Denn:

As much as we are here 'making mouths' and stuffs, our race has been more virtual than any other form. We have teased and defended in so many ways.

This is the actual race.

We might not have the privilege you guys in developed countries have as regards to approved race tracks, but that should not limit us constructing one in our virtual minds.

One day, we will and when that day comes, we don't want to be found wanting
It is just virtual racing o abeg, until get mad and decide to challenge someone just for fun.

Denn how long o you think you can block a 4x4 offroader with enough horse power to burn the road. Even you cannot block the road or lane forever, while that outdated sport trac with rancho diaper absorber is still trying to stabilize itself on the road, my 3.5L v6 270hp 4x4 off and on road 4 wheel drive infiniti Qx4 has dashed off at a whooping 210km/h leaving the jaws of my contenders dropping with invite from house flies.
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
nurey:
It is just virtual racing o abeg, until get mad and decide to challenge someone just for fun.

Denn how long o you think you can block a 4x4 offroader with enough horse power to burn the road. Even you cannot block the road or lane forever, while that outdated sport trac with rancho diaper absorber is still trying to stabilize itself on the road, my 3.5L v6 270hp 4x4 off and on road 4 wheel drive infiniti Qx4 has dashed off at a whooping 210km/h leaving the jaws of my contenders dropping with invite from house flies.

for Ʊr mind abi
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
ZeusAyo: for Ʊr mind abi
Yes na when I am on road, I am the king of the road others just follow
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by sultaan(m): 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
I see it more as the Lagos-Ibadan Rally grin grin

I give you guys 90min to complete the course of 60miles grin grin.

To be safe all you have to do is post a time stamped pic in Lagos then Ibadan on a Redemption camp night grin grin grin
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
sultaan: I see it more as the Lagos-Ibadan Rally grin grin

To be safe all you have to do is post a time stamped pic in Lagos then Ibadan on a Redemption camp night grin grin grin
My car will be so fast, it will not stop at redemption camp onto ibadan straight and back.
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 07, 2014
Coldplay007:

And he dives in.... cheesy
Have you seen readone's in action?
I don't claim to have a garage like you guys.. I only drive an 05 camry and sometimes my husband's 2010 avalon. We are 'chronically' toyota fans in my household.. thinking of upgrading to a 2014 avalon ( does that qualify as muscle grin cheesy grin)
As far as I'm concerned nobody has a challenger on this thread, in fact nobody has a dodger, Readone's puny does not qualify.. grin grin
As for the race? Nobody is challenging a dodger, all we have is a rio, a sienna and a camry so far.. cos there is no charger... tongue
well very soon, i should be getting a tuned 08 Explorer Eddie bauer to challenge it.
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Readonee35L(m): 12:37am On Sep 08, 2014
smiley

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 5:24am On Sep 08, 2014
nurey:
My car will be so fast, it will not stop at redemption camp onto ibadan straight and back.

I like this dude. By the time you get to RCCG, the race has been long completed.
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 5:25am On Sep 08, 2014
sultaan: I see it more as the Lagos-Ibadan Rally grin grin

90 minutes is too much... Don't forget I am in the race.

40 minutes should be ideal.... And that is to allow the newbies joining me in the epic win.
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Coldplay007(f): 8:41am On Sep 08, 2014
Denn:

90 minutes is too much... Don't forget I am in the race.

40 minutes should be ideal.... And that is to allow the newbies joining me in the epic win.

All u guys bringing these funny cars for this race. I'm bringing the 2010 avalon...
That reminds me of a time I was racing while travelling from akure to Ibadan... I was driving the avalon and the guy was driving a 09/10 accord V6..I was steadily hitting 190km/hr.. I beat the guy hands down...
The car is tinted so the guy didn't know who he Was racing with..
I parked to buy akara at ife junction, When the guy saw he had been racing a woman he was so surprised, he parked and came to Shake me.... grin grin
I still made it a point of duty to overtake him before we got to Ibadan.... tongue

3 Likes

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 8:49am On Sep 08, 2014
Coldplay007:

All u guys bringing these funny cars for this race. I'm bringing the 2010 avalon...
That reminds me of a time I was racing while travelling from akure to Ibadan... I was driving the avalon and the guy was driving a 09/10 accord V6..I was steadily hitting 190km/hr.. I beat the guy hands down...
I parked to buy akara at ife junction, When the guy saw he had been racing a woman he was so surprised, he parked and came to Shake me.... grin grin
I still made it a point of duty to overtake him before we got to Ibadan.... tongue

This is super story.......

next week on super story....

Coldplay tries to race denn only to discover that denn is the king of the road....her loss is 'to be continued''

Grab your copy nowwwwwwwww

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Readonee35L(m): 8:49am On Sep 08, 2014
Coldplay007:

This Girl Can lie shocked
I see UV been racing in ur dreams lately
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 8:55am On Sep 08, 2014
Readonee35L:

shekau even read the post and said 'dan boro' kai... dis yarinya is too mush'' kao kudi
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by yungboss(m): 8:56am On Sep 08, 2014
The AV6 vs Avalon...that's a drivers' race. The driver of the accord sucks. He shouldn't have been racing if he didn't know how to race the econobox

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Readonee35L(m): 9:46am On Sep 08, 2014
Denn:

shekau even read the post and said 'dan boro' kai... dis yarinya is too mush'' kao kudi

Hehehe funny Man
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Coldplay007(f): 11:01am On Sep 08, 2014
Readonee35L:

Readone! Readone! E no dey tire you.. grin
It's obvious I still intimidate you... so what's unbelievable? that a woman can hit 190km/hr or that I overtook someone... Have you ever traveled along the IleSha-Ife stretch of that road.. that road is a beaut.. it was recently renovated by ferma so it's so easy to hit 180/190 on that road...
Well at least my lie is believable, I dare you to post the pix of the dodge puny you said you fitted the SRT8 engine... grin
While you are at it you should also post engine shots of the SRT8... tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cars45, Do They Actually Buy Your Car In 45 Minutes? – By Autojosh / New Cars Vs Tokunbo Cars In Nigeria / Lines On The Backshield Of A Car,what's The Exact Function??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.