Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here (20049 Views)

Man Who Represented Nigeria In Dubai Auto Racing Returns After His Car Crashed / As A New Driver, Can I Attempt Interstate Roads? / Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 10:24am On Sep 13, 2014
lomomike:

Yeah, it was nominated, but lost by a huge margin to a keke napep. tongue

After which the KEKE NAPEP had made the lexus Rx series look like a sardine can with crown cork as wheels. grin tongue
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 13, 2014
nurey:

After which the KEKE NAPEP had made the lexus Rx series look like a sardine can with crown cork as wheels. grin tongue
You try!
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 11:07am On Sep 13, 2014
lomomike:
You try!
Thank you. A winner is gotta do what he was born to do. Lol
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2014
Good luck getting the ever so maladroit pathfinder/qx4 off of the roof sir nurey. It did't stand a chance
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 2:44pm On Sep 13, 2014
meekpie: Good luck getting the ever so maladroit pathfinder/qx4 off of the roof sir nurey. It did't stand a chance

it was left on the roof for 2nd to 5th to admire grin
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 3:05pm On Sep 13, 2014
nurey: it was left on the roof for 2nd to 5th to admire grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by DECOtech(m): 4:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
Denn:
FIRST NL LAGOS-IBADAN RACE
Are you guys serious? ...OMG! is this for real?
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by IdaraCHODB(m): 6:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9fe_1410177184

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=42112db6fb39" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen> video</iframe>

Nearly 330kph on a public road, at night, and a tyre blows. Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Imagine that you drove this car at that speed and you lost the tire, would you also loose control of the car?
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 9:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
IdaraCHODB: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9fe_1410177184

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=42112db6fb39" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen> video</iframe>

Nearly 330kph on a public road, at night, and a tyre blows. Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Imagine that you drove this car at that speed and you lost the tire, would you also loose control of the car?

The tyres we use 'no be here dem make am'

Lol

Which Street legal car will reach 30ksh in Nigeria?

On which Road?
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by IdaraCHODB(m): 8:22am On Sep 15, 2014
Denn:

The tyres we use 'no be here dem make am'

Lol

Which Street legal car will reach 30ksh in Nigeria?

On which Road?

Unless my memory fails me or i was hallucinating, i have seen an Audi A4 with a maximum of 280 km/hr on the dash and a Mercedes S class with 320 km/hr on the dash

Mercedes: http://media.caranddriver.com/images/14q2/597893/2014-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-edition-507-speedometer-and-tachometer-photo-597909-s-1280x782.jpg

Audi:http://s56.photobucket.com/user/JettaMK5/media/IMG_0947.jpg.html
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 15, 2014
snipesdam: I don't want to brag it's my car, but my uncles. Currently am the custodian he is in Dubai.

Who wants to take a spin with me this weekend.
I love the weight, control, aero dynamics I love rear wheels for
drifting and sharp turns. This car delivers.
But I thought this challenger is for sale?? Abi isn't this the same challenger parked in a car shop around Maryland ? Abi you want to use a car for sale to be racing ??
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 15, 2014
Coldplay007: Well. At this juncture, We can all see that cash madam coldplay007 has won this game.. your awkward 4wdS With the high centre of gravity are not meant for racing..
The only competition I have so far is the dodge puny.. and with the puny's penchant for catching fire at speeds above 160km/hr (e no go better 4 Nigerian rewires) grin tongue...
It is obvious I'm the Winner.. cheesy grin
So please take a bow for the queen.... tongue
Lmao hahahaha
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 9:51am On Sep 15, 2014
IdaraCHODB:

Unless my memory fails me or i was hallucinating, i have seen an Audi A4 with a maximum of 280 km/hr on the dash and a Mercedes S class with 320 km/hr on the dash

Mercedes: http://media.caranddriver.com/images/14q2/597893/2014-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-edition-507-speedometer-and-tachometer-photo-597909-s-1280x782.jpg

Audi:http://s56.photobucket.com/user/JettaMK5/media/IMG_0947.jpg.html

I was specific about Nigeria
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by IdaraCHODB(m): 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
Denn:

I was specific about Nigeria

Saw both in Nigeria. the Audi is owned by my neighbor, its a very recent Audi A4. definitely a late 2000+ model
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
IdaraCHODB:

Saw both in Nigeria. the Audi is owned by my neighbor, its a very recent Audi A4. definitely a late 2000+ model

And where did your neighbor race above 300kmph in Nigeria?

Which Road?
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by IdaraCHODB(m): 10:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
@Denn

In your initial response to my post, you asked two questions:

1.Which Street legal car will reach 30ksh in Nigeria? Which I have answered I guess comprehensively by mentioning just 2. And who says the car in my original post is street illegal in Nigeria and is not even being driven on Nigerian roads as I type

2.On which Road? There are several roads in Nigeria capable of supporting a peak as different from a sustained speed of 300km+. I had wanted to list them, but on second thoughts, I won't. But if you check the other thread on fastest speeds attained, you might have noticed guys and maybe girls that did 240km or 260km, I don't think it is that had to add either 60km or 40km respectively to make it 300 if your car can take it and you have the tires to support it
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 10:41pm On Oct 20, 2014
Sorry guys... Was busy at work and on another thread $$$$

My truck of the yellow sun has arrived today.

Yipeeee
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 10:45pm On Oct 20, 2014
IdaraCHODB:
@Denn

In your initial response to my post, you asked two questions:

1.Which Street legal car will reach 30ksh in Nigeria? Which I have answered I guess comprehensively by mentioning just 2. And who says the car in my original post is street illegal in Nigeria and is not even being driven on Nigerian roads as I type

2.On which Road? There are several roads in Nigeria capable of supporting a peak as different from a sustained speed of 300km+. I had wanted to list them, but on second thoughts, I won't. But if you check the other thread on fastest speeds attained, you might have noticed guys and maybe girls that did 240km or 260km, I don't think it is that had to add either 60km or 40km respectively to make it 300 if your car can take it and you have the tires to support it

I do not know of any road in Nigeria where you can safely get to a cruising speed of 300km/h...

None to my knowledge.... And I have done a fair share of driving.

On the new ogbomoso to ilorin Road, I cruised at 200km/h and only for a very short period.

300? No
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by IdaraCHODB(m): 2:27am On Oct 21, 2014
Denn:

I do not know of any road in Nigeria where you can safely get to a cruising speed of 300km/h...

None to my knowledge.... And I have done a fair share of driving.

On the new ogbomoso to ilorin Road, I cruised at 200km/h and only for a very short period.

300? No

Cruising speed? definitely not for long.

Top speed? I think yes!
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 3:23am On Oct 21, 2014
IdaraCHODB:

Cruising speed? definitely not for long.

Top speed? I think yes!

Ok. Which road?
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Coldplay007(f): 5:33am On Oct 21, 2014
Denn:

Ok. Which road?

300km/hr.. in the south west? u probably can only try that on max 3 or 4 roads...
Ibadan - Oyo road...
Oghomosho - Ilorin-
IleSha - Ife portion of Akure ibadan express Way...
I said try- but a speed of 300km/hr is like gambling with your life with odds of 50/50... U probably will have a fatal accident 50% of the time you try that...
Denn! It's been a while... grin

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 6:52am On Oct 21, 2014
Coldplay007:

300km/hr.. in the south west? u probably can only try that on max 3 or 4 roads...
Ibadan - Oyo road...
Oghomosho - Ilorin-
IleSha - Ife portion of Akure ibadan express Way...
I said try- but a speed of 300km/hr is like gambling with your life with odds of 50/50... U probably will have a fatal accident 50% of the time you try that...
Denn! It's been a while... grin

Ok....

Yes it's been a while.

My sports trac has arrived.

How's the trusty avalon?
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Coldplay007(f): 7:12am On Oct 21, 2014
Denn:

Ok....

Yes it's been a while.

My sports trac has arrived.

How's the trusty avalon?
It's more than trusty... its an amazing machine.. makes me wonder what the 2014 version would feel like...
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by IdaraCHODB(m): 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2014
Denn:

Ok. Which road?

Routes I have driven!
Abuja Lokoja (extended)

Abuja Kaduna (extended)

Benin Asaba (extended) if you want to try out your BMWs here's a place to go, it has also got some very sweet, smooth and twisty roads ( shall
I say I fell in love with the road which I traveled on the very time at night, but I did see one BMW that was destroyed entirely when its owner exceeded his limits and the cars limits, from the look of things, am not sure he survived. Matter of fact, Delta beats many southern states hands down in terms of number of kilometers of very very good roads in several directions!

Don't know the name of the roads - but Enugu and Ebonyi have some very sweet, smooth and twisty roads ( briefly), if you want to try out your
BMWs here's a place to go

Some sections of East West Road in Delta State ( briefly)

Abuja Minna ( very briefly)

Port Harcourt Expressway ( briefly)

Enugu and Abia state ( brief sections of that expressway)

Routes I have heard friends perform speed miracles
Kaduna
Kano
Sokoto
Jigawa

Come to think of it, should the constitutional amendment on road safety work, then it is time we abolish one speed limit for all of nigeria and replace it with varied speed limits like it exists in the US, and since states are complaining of lack of cash, they should build autobahn type roads and tax those who wanna use them, like i read Germany is about to do: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28199383 and http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-06/autobahn-thrills-to-cost-foreigners-under-german-plan.html and http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-06/autobahn-thrills-to-cost-foreigners-under-german-plan.html and http://www.justlanded.com/english/Germany/Articles/Travel-Leisure/The-Autobahn

I would gladly pay the bill to be able to drive between Abuja and Delta at 200km instead of 100km if all the states in between would work out an arrangement to build and toll such a road, same goes for abuja lagos

Jigawa

Disclaimer: I do not recommend exceeding speed limits, this was posted to illustrate what is possible, this is no incitement or encouragement to break the law and neither should it be taken as such!
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 8:43pm On Oct 22, 2014
IdaraCHODB:

Routes I have driven!
Abuja Lokoja (extended)

Abuja Kaduna (extended)

Benin Asaba (extended) if you want to try out your BMWs here's a place to go, it has also got some very sweet, smooth and twisty roads ( shall
I say I fell in love with the road which I traveled on the very time at night, but I did see one BMW that was destroyed entirely when its owner exceeded his limits and the cars limits, from the look of things, am not sure he survived. Matter of fact, Delta beats many southern states hands down in terms of number of kilometers of very very good roads in several directions!

Don't know the name of the roads - but Enugu and Ebonyi have some very sweet, smooth and twisty roads ( briefly), if you want to try out your
BMWs here's a place to go

Some sections of East West Road in Delta State ( briefly)

Abuja Minna ( very briefly)

Port Harcourt Expressway ( briefly)

Enugu and Abia state ( brief sections of that expressway)

Routes I have heard friends perform speed miracles
Kaduna
Kano
Sokoto
Jigawa

Come to think of it, should the constitutional amendment on road safety work, then it is time we abolish one speed limit for all of nigeria and replace it with varied speed limits like it exists in the US, and since states are complaining of lack of cash, they should build autobahn type roads and tax those who wanna use them, like i read Germany is about to do: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28199383 and http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-06/autobahn-thrills-to-cost-foreigners-under-german-plan.html and http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-06/autobahn-thrills-to-cost-foreigners-under-german-plan.html and http://www.justlanded.com/english/Germany/Articles/Travel-Leisure/The-Autobahn

I would gladly pay the bill to be able to drive between Abuja and Delta at 200km instead of 100km if all the states in between would work out an arrangement to build and toll such a road, same goes for abuja lagos

Jigawa

Disclaimer: I do not recommend exceeding speed limits, this was posted to illustrate what is possible, this is no incitement or encouragement to break the law and neither should it be taken as such!

300km/h on twisty roads?

Ok
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by IdaraCHODB(m): 10:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
Denn:

300km/h on twisty roads?

Ok

Well, a road that is twisty may have long straights, the roads i mentioned are twisty at some points but have got some very nice and long straights and if you are a good driver and have got the nerves and the car, you can make up for having to slow down during the straights and take the twists at insane speeds like they do in car racing

While mere mortals slow down to take it, you show them that when they say there are men and there are boys, you are one of the men! That you can take it at higher speeds without careening off the road

LOL

So that when they catch up with you at the next police or army checkpoint, they will turn to look at the angel or should I say devil that performed stunts before their vehicle eyes and lived to tell the tale!

When they get home, depending on orientation, they will recount the tale of the devil they met or the angel they aspire to become when they hope to become like you!!

Hope I made you laugh!!
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by durobukola: 5:47pm On Feb 08, 2015
Benin-Ore road also now qualifies. 182.5Km/h 2002 Honda Accord BabyBoy. Unfortunately anything above 4,000RPM the speed limiter kicks in and couldnt floor it further. v6 or v8 would easily hit 300km/h on that long stretch of good road
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 9:49pm On Feb 08, 2015
These Japs.....Honda, toyota et Al... Smh

Toys
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2015
Denn:

Toys

You people have awakened the sleeping dragon ko, walahi its time to get flogged part 2
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Coldplay007(f): 11:15pm On Feb 08, 2015
Denn:

Toys

undecided what about the avalon?
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 11:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
Coldplay007:

undecided what about the avalon?

Its like asking after the welfare of the beard of a totally burnt man, madam....
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 11:51pm On Feb 08, 2015
nurey:

You people have awakened the sleeping dragon ko, walahi its time to get flogged part 2

The giant didn't sleep, only hibernated...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cars45, Do They Actually Buy Your Car In 45 Minutes? – By Autojosh / Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 / Check Out This Ferrari Inspired Air Jordan XXXII

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.