Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? (5727 Views)

Do You Address Your Elder Ones By Their Nick Names? Disrespectful Or Not / How Do You Address Your Spouse's Elder Brother/sister? / Ladies Can You Address Your Husbands Using 'sir'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 01, 2014
Officiallyurs: Long piece of crap. Let him keep his sir at work.

If am a doctor I call him sir or captain what is going to be his response?

In such marriage you just know the man is a control freak.

hehehe cheesy
somebody needs his/her thread to get controversial undecided
y'all should see me for lessons on how to create front page materials that run into 50 pages. This kinda topic will not do, trust me wink

it's been over-flogged lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by NoQualms1(f): 9:30am On Sep 01, 2014
As long as he's your husband, you should call him anything you are both comfortable with. To me, there's nothing wrong with it as long as it's all fun and not that the man is lording things over his wife.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by kandiikane(m): 9:30am On Sep 01, 2014
Officiallyurs:

if a man should refer his wife as MA that means the woman is the HEAD of the Family.

That is silly...A silly mentality...The woman calling him sir nko? Is it the names that determines who is head and who isn't. If that is the case someone calling their partner buttercups means they think the guy is fruity/homosexual.

1 Like

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by snazzylove: 9:50am On Sep 01, 2014
Officiallyurs:

Never seen a man address his wife as Ma. A man can't even try it unless if he is joking with you

You are right. Sometimes when I ask my hussy to help me do certain thingz, he'll be like 'yes ma'. Behind dat 'yes ma' is like ' I don hear madam at the top' grin
So no man actually addresses/answers wifey 'ma' at least I've not seen one
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Acidosis(m): 9:57am On Sep 01, 2014
If you call him Daddy, people MIGHT see him and treat him like a 'Daddy'; if you call him Kid, others and even his in-laws MIGHT treat him like a 'kid'.

The decision is in your hands.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 01, 2014
@kandikane there is a reason why it is called a pet name. If u call a guy buttercup it doesn't make him or are you saying calling him baby is gay too?

If you call your hubby sir it means you never married some you love cause you are not free with him.

@acidosis if you like call your husband my lord in the presence of your in laws if he is not worth the respect they won't give him it is not by name calling.

If I call my husband sir nd still boss him around in front of pple he won't still get the title he needs.

@aluta is everything about front page to you? Am shocked at your response.
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 01, 2014
I won't try that.my hubby will even ask you "who is your daddy".it pisses him off, let alone sir.
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by helen4(f): 12:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
@officiallyurs, ure something o. u are just twisting everything on this thread. there are pet names u can call your hubby. to me, calling my hubby, daddy means i will be scared to relate with him. well one man's food is another man's poison.

1 Like

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
helen4: @officiallyurs, ure something o. u are just twisting everything on this thread. there are pet names u can call your hubby. to me, calling my hubby, daddy means i will be scared to relate with him. well one man's food is another man's poison.

How is sir or daddy a pet name?
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by helen4(f): 12:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
Officiallyurs:

How is sir or daddy a pet name?
to some it may be a pet name to others, its official. so, dont force ur view on others.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
Officiallyurs:

@aluta is everything about front page to you? Am shocked at your response.

don't be!
when you open a thread to share views and ask for people's opinions and you come back to call somebody's opinion a long piece of crap and keep opposing other people's opinions, it means you don't actually wanna discuss, there's another motif behind the thread. The only explanation my head could come up with was that you wanted to cook up a controversial thread.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
alutacontinua:

don't be!
when you open a thread to share views and ask for people's opinions and you come back to call somebody's opinion a long piece of crap and keep opposing other people's opinions, it means you don't actually wanna discuss, there's another motif behind the thread. The only explanation my head coukd come uo with was that you wanted to cook up a controversial thread.

Controversial you say? How is this controversial? If I wanted front page I would create a lame azzz tread.

What is so special about front page? any money paid?

Please don't carry this site on your head.
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
Officiallyurs:

Controversial you say? How is this controversial? If I wanted front page I would create a lame azzz tread.

What is so special about front page? any money paid?

Please don't carry this site on your head.

hehehe grin cheesy
if you want a discussion, you'll have to welcome different opinions,
if you disagree, do it politely, don't attack people.
Anything outside that and your motif for the thread will be questioned!
if I like, I fit carry the site for yansh, inasmuch as it's MY yansh or head, it ain't ya business.

1 Like

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by cococandy(f): 12:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hian nne unto which levels na?
My husband jokingly calls me 'my madam' sometimes.

Wetin u dey talk.?

Officiallyurs:

if a man should refer his wife as MA that means the woman is the HEAD of the Family.
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by cococandy(f): 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2014
Lmao cheesy
The babe sef
kandiikane:

That is silly...A silly mentality...The woman calling him sir nko? Is it the names that determines who is head and who isn't. If that is the case someone calling their partner buttercups means they think the guy is fruity/homosexual.
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
cococandy: Hian nne unto which levels na?
My husband jokingly calls me 'my madam' sometimes.

Wetin u dey talk.?

You used a key world "jokingly" we are talking about everytime
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by cococandy(f): 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2014

Explain biko.
Does the pet name you call your husband or wife decide how people treat them?

So if I call mine honey or baby. Outsiders will treat him like a baby or lick him like honey? cheesy

I'd agree if you say the way one treats their partner opens doors to how others treat them.
But if na pet name, onlookers know to mind their business regarding what married folks call each other.

Acidosis: If you call him Daddy, people MIGHT see him and treat him like a 'Daddy'; if you call him Kid, others and even his in-laws MIGHT treat him like a 'kid'.

The decision is in your hands.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
alutacontinua:

hehehe grin cheesy
if you want a discussion, you'll have to welcome different opinions,
if you disagree, do it politely, don't attack people.
Anything outside that and your motif for the thread will be questioned!
if I like, I fit carry the site for yansh, inasmuch as it's MY yansh or head, it ain't ya business.

When you make my business your business then your business becomes my business
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by cococandy(f): 1:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
Yes?
Even then.

Like nashville said,these things change with age and time.
My MIL and FIL call each other mommy and daddy.
I guess they feel they are too old to be peddling the 'sugar' 'pumpkin pie' nicknames in front of and around their kids and grand kids.

Does that make my MIL the head of her family above my FIL

And you need to chill.
There was no need to insult someone contributing to your thread.
He didn't insult you first.
Officiallyurs:

You used a key world "jokingly" we are talking about everytime

1 Like

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
cococandy: Yes?
Even then.

Like nashville said,these things change with age and time.
My MIL and FIL call each other mommy and daddy.
I guess they feel they are too old to be peddling the 'sugar' 'pumpkin pie' nicknames in front of and around their kids and grand kids.

Does that make my MIL the head of her family above my FIL

And you need to chill.
There was no need to insult someone contributing to your thread.
He didn't insult you first.

What is your defination of insult? Cos I never insulted the dude abi his he nyashing you ladies on family section? What Y'all defensive for him cos the nigggga aint complaining
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by cococandy(f): 1:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
shocked shocked

Ok bye.
Tramp
Officiallyurs:

What is your defination of insult? Cos I never insulted the dude abi his he nyashing you ladies on family section? What Y'all defensive for him cos the nigggga aint complaining
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Acidosis(m): 1:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
cococandy:
Explain biko.

So if I call mine honey or baby. And outsiders will treat him like a baby or lick him like honey? cheesy

I'd agree if you say the way one treats their partner opens doors to how others treate them.
But if na pet name, onlookers know to mind their business regarding what married folks call each other.

Why do you think Nigerians call their Pastors 'Daddy'?
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by cococandy(f): 1:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
Acidosis:

Why do you think Nigerians call their Pastors 'Daddy'?
Because they say he's their spiritual father.
The same way catholics call priests father.
All in all there's a notion behind it.
That the person being called that,is a father to the one calling them that.

So if a woman feels addressing her husband as daddy make him like a father to her,then it's ok to call him anything she likes that he likes too.

My point is that daddy o,honey o,sugar o, anyone at all a woman call her husband doesn't increase or decrease the respect others will have for him.
It's the way she treats him that matters.

Abeg read and pass.
No mention me come back for this thread o.
This OP is annoying.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by kweenkong(f): 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
Sometimes i find it amusing that people focus on the wrong thing.if calling him Daddy makes him feel good about himself and makes my marriage work then yes i will call him Daddy.

For your informate I call him Bros, daddy,Chairman, Oga ,babe , Boyfriend and he calls me iye, mummy,madam,boss,boo boo . Some things are just to minor to be an issue in marriage.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by kathryn24(f): 1:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
No
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by shizzleStar: 2:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
Unnecessary ego at flight.

Nonsense thread....mtchewww
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by bukatyne(f): 2:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
cococandy:
Explain biko.

So if I call mine honey or baby. And outsiders will treat him like a baby or lick him like honey? cheesy

I'd agree if you say the way one treats their partner opens doors to how others treat them.

Lol!

1 Like

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by kandiikane(m): 2:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
Officiallyurs: @kandikane there is a reason why it is called a pet name. If u call a guy buttercup it doesn't make him or are you saying calling him baby is gay too?

If you call your hubby sir it means you never married some you love cause you are not free with him.
My point exactly! If you are together and you give eachother names other than your real names it doesnt mean you are a baby or homosexual or you entered a contract where you have to address each other formally. Ma or sir can also be pet names just like baby, buttercups, or sugar puffs or whatever pets names people give each other. Again, it is a silly way to think. If you can use honey(you are not produced by a bee) then sir and Madam or ma can be used as pet names. It depends on the individuals..I use to get baby,boo, sweetie and also ma on top(eg. Did you sleep well? Yes ma etc etc) so tell me, how is one not free around you when they still call you baby, boo etc just because they sometimes respond to you as ma.

1 Like

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by susanbussy(f): 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
Haha! No not for me but for some people with so much age difference,
its a default settings lol
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by edogho(m): 5:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
i don't feel comfortable with the sir esp from mi beloved. occassionally yes buh all the time? will will surely irritate me. na like so mi life jus be o call me DEAR, HONEYBUD, LOVE and u'll never be disappointed grin
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by snazzylove: 6:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
edogho: i don't feel comfortable with the sir esp from mi beloved. occassionally yes buh all the time? will will surely irritate me. na like so mi life jus be o call me DEAR, HONEYBUD, LOVE and u'll never be disappointed grin

Are u married? If yes hope wifey is reading this so as to know when and how 2 use d pet names(to her advantage) grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by 5minsmadness: 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
@cococandy
See what i mean? Why go into a marriage with such a huge chip on your shoulder? How do you expect such a marriage to last? Too many women see men as barbaric, cheating control freaks and too many men see women as sharp-tongued , disrespectful gold diggers.
Both sides are looking for what to get from each other in marriage instead of what they can give.
I'm trying to find a balance. If there is no outright violence I try to listen to both sides of the story not just condemn one person on the storytellers point of view alone. If we keep shouting at each other without finding the root of the problem, the problem will never be solved.

My Calabar chic used to call me Daddy. I was 25 then. It was sexy as hell grin
And in no way did it make me look down on her angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Those Trying To Conceive; the other alternative / "Pls Help this man – "How should he tell his Wife That he his HIV Positive?" / My Husband Starving Me Of Sex Please Help Me!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.