Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,333 members, 7,954,354 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:19 PM

Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? (5869 Views)

Do You Address Your Elder Ones By Their Nick Names? Disrespectful Or Not / How Do You Address Your Spouse's Elder Brother/sister? / Ladies Can You Address Your Husbands Using 'sir'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by cococandy(f): 7:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
Chip ke?
As in pride or what?

What does that have to with my post?
I merely see it as unromantic(my opinion)
Not that I think it belittles whoever is calling her hubby daddy or whatever she likes.

And my hubby doesn't like it either. So where does the chip enter?

And what has the rest of your post got to with mine?
Unless you're talking about someone else.

Let me assume you're addressing those who see it as demeaning.

5minsmadness: @cococandy
See what i mean? Why go into a marriage with such a huge chip on your shoulder? How do you expect such a marriage to last? Too many women see men as barbaric, cheating control freaks and too many men see women as sharp-tongued , disrespectful gold diggers.
Both sides are looking for what to get from each other in marriage instead of what they can give.
I'm trying to find a balance. If there is no outright violence I try to listen to both sides of the story not just condemn one person on the storytellers point of view alone. If we keep shouting at each other without finding the root of the problem, the problem will never be solved.

My Calabar chic used to calle Daddy. I was 25 then. It was sexy as hell grin
And in no way did it make me look down on her angry
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by Wendy80(f): 1:45am On Sep 02, 2014
Never
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by 5minsmadness: 7:35am On Sep 02, 2014
cococandy: Chip ke?
As in pride or what?

What does that have to with my post?
I merely see it as unromantic(my opinion)
Not that I think it belittles whoever is calling her hubby daddy or whatever she likes.

And my hubby doesn't like it either. So where does the chip enter?

And what has the rest of your post got to with mine?
Unless you're talking about someone else.

Let me assume you're addressing those who see it as demeaning.

Correct assumption. It was not directed at you in particular, I already read your response.
Good morning.
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by sarutobie(m): 9:51am On Sep 02, 2014
My parents have been married for close to 30 years..mum is a director in the ministry of education(so she is quiet accomplished in her career), calls her husband 'daddy' just like us..most ladies saying they cant are probably not married yet cuz I dont see the fuss about this.

1 Like

Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by sayoberry(f): 11:43am On Sep 02, 2014
smiley
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by hurpeyeahme(f): 9:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
4me its a No no!wah happen to names like boo,swithrt,baby,honey etc or even his namegrin
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by ukchy: 2:10pm On Sep 03, 2014
NEVER
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by rebella(f): 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
Each marriage/relationship is unique, but for me that's a no!
Re: Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? by mamaLee: 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2014
never, I can`t. Weneva I greet my husband "gudmorning Sir" he knows dat he has offended me and he wil be like "baby whatz d problem? whats d Sir tin? did i offend u?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lonely!!! / Do U Have Or Your Woman Always Have Dryness During Sex Or No Sexual Urge . / Should A Pre-teenager Own A Smart Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.