Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Survivor Of Boko Haram Attack On Gwoza Police Training College Testifies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Survivor Of Boko Haram Attack On Gwoza Police Training College Testifies (1449 Views)

General Buhari At The Military Training College In 1962 When He Was 20(picture) / Picture Of Gen. Buhari At The Nigerian Military Training College(NMTC) In 1962 / Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Survivor Of Boko Haram Attack On Gwoza Police Training College Testifies by mailtimi(m): 6:20am On Sep 01, 2014
The widely reported Boko Haram insurgency attack on Wednesday 20th August 2014 at a Nigerian Police training college in Gwoza, Borno State left few survivors. Omereji Friday, a Rivers State indigene who was present at the scene of the bloody onslaught, attributes his own survival to Divine protection. Speaking at The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) in Lagos, Nigeria on Sunday 31st August 2014, the mobile police officer explained that he was stationed in Nasarawa State when informed that a training exercise was to be conducted in Gwoza, Borno State. Before embarking on the journey, Friday, who spoke in pidgin English during his testimony, called his wife to inform her. “My wife nearly fell down,” he explained, stating she insisted he visit her before going on the exercise. Omereji’s wife warned him of the dangers of the area in light of the recent activities of Boko Haram insurgents but the policeman seemed unperturbed by the dangers. “We quarrelled in the house and she told me if I did not go to Synagogue Church first, there would be trouble,”he explained to the congregation. Reluctantly agreeing with his wife and not by means of any personal conviction, Friday decided to visit T.B. Joshua’s renowned church in Lagos, Nigeria before his journey to Gwoza Arriving in Lagos late on Sunday 17th August 2014, church activities at The SCOAN were about to cease. “I met one young man from South Sudan and introduced myself as a Nigerian police officer,” Omereji continued. Although the service had finished, Friday pleaded with his newly made foreign acquaintance to give him something from the church he could take with him for the journey. “He gave me the ‘Anointing Sticker’ which he was with and I put it in my pocket,” he continued. Arriving back home, Friday’s wife told him to promise her that he would keep the ‘sticker’ which bore the message ‘Let love lead’ around his neck next to his ID card at all times during the journey as she didn’t want to end up a widow. Arriving at the military camp in Gwoza on Monday heavily armed, two days of training exercises were conducted hitch-free. “On Wednesday, our ‘oga’ told us to go and drop our arms and ammunition at a certain place before the exercise.” According to Omereji, the policemen saw a helicopter hovering over their area on an apparent surveillance mission later on that day. They reported to their seniors but were told not to be alarmed. It was when the training exercise of that day was concluded and the policemen were back in their lodging that Boko Haram militants struck. Friday recalled the hellish incident: “Suddenly, they called us to grab our guns. If you see how rain used to fall, that was how the bullets were falling. The person next to me was hit by a bullet and died in my presence. I fell down and began crawling. Our dormitory caught fire. Five armoured tanks were approaching with sophisticated weapons.” He quickly remembered his wife’s words and clutched the Anointing Sticker he kept around his neck. “I began to shout, ‘God of T.B. Joshua, where are you? Come and save me.’ ” Bullets were raining around him but surprisingly none hit. “I crawled to the high wall of the camp. I saw an officer attempting to climb over hit by a bullet and die instantly.” The wall was higher than an ordinary jump could reach by human capacity. “As I prayed, I jumped and don’t know what pushed me up over the wall.” However, the danger was far from over. As Friday began to run, he heard the sound of yet more heavy artillery. People to his left and right were collapsing but the policeman kept running. Miraculously, he escaped to safety. “It was a warfront. I was the only person I know of who survived this Boko Haram attack,” he soberly concluded. “This Anointing Sticker is powerful!” In his comments, T.B. Joshua reiterated his previous assertion that Boko Haram was the challenge of Nigeria and not Ebola. He further warned that infiltration from foreign militants had already occurred within Boko Haram, hence their sophisticated weaponry. The prophet further released some alarming prophetic messages related to events to come around the world. He warned airlines not to fly over the volatile Russian and Ukrainian region, stating that he saw the crash of another commercial plane. He specified the European nation of Poland needed prayer, stating that calamitous events would soon unfold there. Joshua further stated that US President Barack Obama would soon be rushed to hospital over a health concern and should not undergo an operation. He warned United Kingdom to secure their country in the middle and ending of September in light of the recent security warning issued because of the threat of ISIS militants.

Source: http://naijalog.com/survivor-of-boko-haram-attack-on-gwoza-police-training-college-testifies-in-t-b-joshuas-church/
Re: Survivor Of Boko Haram Attack On Gwoza Police Training College Testifies by Krak(m): 6:45am On Sep 01, 2014
This is one of the most ridiculous stories I have read in recent times. Imagine the "Testimony" sounding like an Indian film.

The only thing that got my interest here was the helicopter he claimed he saw hovering above before the attack.

3 Likes

Re: Survivor Of Boko Haram Attack On Gwoza Police Training College Testifies by pussygotlips: 6:56am On Sep 01, 2014
Sorry, I no buy this story this time undecided
Re: Survivor Of Boko Haram Attack On Gwoza Police Training College Testifies by ratiken(m): 7:42am On Sep 01, 2014
I believe a helicopter hovered before the attack
I believe the officers were told to drop their weapons before the attack
I believe the testifying officer is alive

The fight against insurgency will be futile until the northern BH sympathizers are properly dealt with. The commander that ordered the weapons to be dropped should be made to die a very slow but extremely painful death.
Re: Survivor Of Boko Haram Attack On Gwoza Police Training College Testifies by MisterLongman(m): 8:41am On Sep 01, 2014
Story story....... Story
Re: Survivor Of Boko Haram Attack On Gwoza Police Training College Testifies by KingGeorge1: 9:02am On Sep 01, 2014
Falsehood of the century,,, that's how idiot are formulating stories to give BH so much prominent....
Re: Survivor Of Boko Haram Attack On Gwoza Police Training College Testifies by dwilliams: 11:06am On Sep 01, 2014
Well I am not a supporter of christianity! But wat u peeps are saaying is dat dis friday does not exist, and dis testimony is a make up? Well I don't think so
Re: Survivor Of Boko Haram Attack On Gwoza Police Training College Testifies by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 01, 2014
Make TB Joshua just say him de sell sticker and he want make we come buy.

Him Market Strategy Get K-Leg

3 Likes

Re: Survivor Of Boko Haram Attack On Gwoza Police Training College Testifies by san316(m): 1:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
Action film. The man forgot to add that some the bullets bounced off him and three bh members confessed to him and came with him to surrender at the SCOAN.

2 Likes

Re: Survivor Of Boko Haram Attack On Gwoza Police Training College Testifies by skyfall: 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
ratiken: I believe a helicopter hovered before the attack

The fight against insurgency will be futile until the northern BH sympathizers are properly dealt with. The commander that ordered the weapons to be dropped should be made to die a very slow but extremely painful death.

This makes more sense.
Re: Survivor Of Boko Haram Attack On Gwoza Police Training College Testifies by DuBLINGreenb(m): 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
I used to feel happy the whole world didn't know what I know now I feel sorry especially for Nigeria
well we adhere to respect of elders and elders are wiser etc
but I was only 10 or so when I knew this guy is real
why listen to hear say why not confirm yourself
although we can't test God he is supposed to test us but I think if your testing TB J will bring you closer to God go ahead don't just come to a hasty conclusion
at least I was there I heard him say Obama will be rushed to hospital etc when it happens promise yourselves you'll ask God for forgiveness
he has always been saying and they all have been happening I think God calls whom he wants I didn't wait till I confirmed a prophecy to believe but you guys have the luxury
op good job I was gonna post it but I couldn't have done better
guys checkout my topic for the full prophecies
Re: Survivor Of Boko Haram Attack On Gwoza Police Training College Testifies by DuBLINGreenb(m): 3:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
how do you post topics on naira land
Re: Survivor Of Boko Haram Attack On Gwoza Police Training College Testifies by DuBLINGreenb(m): 3:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
ratiken: I believe a helicopter hovered before the attack

I supported you're opinion before (God forgive me) my mum who is a police officer told me during the testimony that it is better for a policeman to die than for his gun to get missing because if your gun is missing you get dismissed jailed and when you die nothing is paid to ur family or widow and book haram actually have sophisticated weapons including armored vehicle check online you'll see Shekua announce his caliphate in front of an armoured vehicle People under estimate book I hope u know the place they took Is the country's best military training facility
Nigeria should keep playing politics with everything according to Prophet TB Joshua on 1st of this year he said the book haram will go after the big personalities in the country then there eyes will be opened

(1) (Reply)

Tribute To DELE GIWA,29 Years Today. / Lai Mohammed Explains Why Buhari Will Win 2015 Elections / Some of The Things Jonathan Supporters List As His "Achievements"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.