Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,740 members, 7,955,825 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:10 PM

The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria (40400 Views)

Amosun Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates / Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... / Why A First Class Graduate Might Not Get A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 02, 2014
dammytosh:

What course did you study ?

There is nothing wrong with having a first class. You need information. With the grade you are laying claim to, there are several international scholarships you qualify for.

You need information not venting unnecessary anger after just 3 months.

Send me a PM and also spend more productive times not on nairaland but looking for scholarship to further your career

And to all the posters claiming they intentionally did not have first class, "FOR AU LONG WILL THOU DECEIVE THY SELF ?"
Its also funny reading their comments on not making a first class intentionally. Come to think of it, do you go into an exam hall to write an exam basking in the euphoria that you are going to perform below average ?of course not. A student goes into the exam hall to do nothing but his best and let fate decide the rest even when he's not prepared. Its high time they stopped being deceived and wake up into reality. I worked for a first class while in university but unfortunately, I fell into a second class upper. Although I'm satisfied with my effort, I still believe I deserved a first class and I did not do it intentionally as some are claiming here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nafizzey(m): 12:21am On Sep 02, 2014
Rich4god: Better start thinking about what to do now before you graduate... The situation in Nigeria dawned on me when I went for IT back then in 2010... Common IT wey dem fit no pay you sef, person no see do upon all the places I waka go... How much more normal graduate job. Since then, I started planing on what to do. I already have a business plan but my greatest set back is funding and banks are not helping matter in times of loan... Its getting to a year after my service year and I have not gotten the type of job that I need...
What job do you do now?
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 02, 2014
I wish I had a first class now... undecided
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Caseless: 12:43am On Sep 02, 2014
Like i was told in the university; 1st class students are meant for the classrooms/lecture halls. 1st class students are products of too much theory/cramming and zero-practical system we've all gone through and, u are fortunate to have taken advantage of the system and made a 1stclass; can't be self-reliant or self-employed with respect to their field of study as it is the case with most Nigerian graduates.
Op, i'l advice u to apply for a lecturing job in ur 'alma mata'...they will appreciate u more.
Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 02, 2014
SamSara01: Friday 5th of September will make it exactly 3 months I passed out of service. I'm a 1st class holder and the best graduating student of my department and faculty in a reputable public university in the south-west but I'm currently unemployed.
Bro, there is difference between Academic and Professional ....

All those books you read in school is strictly for school while professional life is entirely different from mere books, it goes beyond............ You now have a real life problem in your hand which goes beyond your book !!

There is difference between academic firstclass and making yourself employable and It is a very big shame on you if you can't get yourself an interview , excel exceedingly well and get yourself your dream Job

Firstclass will automatically land you an Interview and your IQ in interview, not your academic grade, will land you the Job !!

Cram and pour will earn you ''A'' but not in Interview nor some GMAT/SHL ......... 3months is still fresh , keep working Harder !

6 Likes

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Swiftboy(m): 2:42am On Sep 02, 2014
SamSara01: Friday 5th of September will make it exactly 3 months I passed out of service. I'm a 1st class holder and the best graduating student of my department and faculty in a reputable public university in the south-west but I'm currently unemployed. Of course, my cause of worry does not major on being currently unemployed, but majors on how the hope of getting a job soon seems so deem. More worrying is how professionals, lecturers, friends, family and everyone else alike kept and keep singing to my hear how so easy it will be for people like me to secure not just a job but a very good job. As it is, I don't seem better off than someone who spent every single night at a night club while I was burying my head in books during my school days. How do I motivate an aspiring student who thinks what I'm carrying is the gateway to success? If this has been the tale of people like me, then 1st class honour has truly been over-hyped in Nigeria.
lol you're really funny! Common you just left nysc 3 months ago...be prayerful and patient as you search for your dream job...meanwhile find something doing,get creative as you search. I wish you goodluck!
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by ritzytbabs(m): 2:49am On Sep 02, 2014
Bagging a first class degree is definately an honour I commend u for that, but in this country from my little experience..asides the degrees and all..what you can offer is what counts. I graduated with what you would call a lower credit from a polytechnic in mechanical engineering..and its been 7 months since my POP..still searching for a good paying job tho, buh all dis while ve been a project management consultant, training facilitator, web-designer and trust me all this skills I acquired by myself from research and am doing owk..not frm any MTH lecture of DY, DX, differentiation blabla I studied hard to cram then...my point is develop yourself, acquire a marketable skill.. it doesn't stop at getting a degree. Don't lose hope, develop yourself and don't lose hope God's favour will locate you. Peace

5 Likes

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by akinladejo: 2:52am On Sep 02, 2014
SamSara01: Friday 5th of September will make it exactly 3 months I passed out of service. I'm a 1st class holder and the best graduating student of my department and faculty in a reputable public university in the south-west but I'm currently unemployed. Of course, my cause of worry does not major on being currently unemployed, but majors on how the hope of getting a job soon seems so deem. More worrying is how professionals, lecturers, friends, family and everyone else alike kept and keep singing to my hear how so easy it will be for people like me to secure not just a job but a very good job. As it is, I don't seem better off than someone who spent every single night at a night club while I was burying my head in books during my school days. How do I motivate an aspiring student who thinks what I'm carrying is the gateway to success? If this has been the tale of people like me, then 1st class honour has truly been over-hyped in Nigeria.

Send me ur CV mopadepkiddiesuniversity@gmail.com
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by TonySpike: 3:25am On Sep 02, 2014
caseless: Like i was told in the university; 1st class students are meant for the classrooms/lecture halls. 1st class students are products of too much theory/cramming and zero-practical system we've all gone through and, u are fortunate to have taken advantage of the system and made a 1stclass; can't be self-reliant or self-employed with respect to their field of study as it is the case with most Nigerian graduates.
Op, i'l advice u to apply for a lecturing job in ur 'alma mata'...they will appreciate u more.
Good luck!

@ the bolded, this is too stereotypical a statement to utter. A statement of hasty generalisation by whoever told you. I don't think the problem here is graduating with a first class but the fact the the Nigerian economy is slowing down with only fewer jobs opportunities in the market. Apart from this, the Nigerian society isn't a problem solving one, we are rather end-users of solutions typically paying through our noses to buy solved problems and implementing. The moment Nigeria takes Research and Development more seriously, the economy will expand exponentially. Until then, might I ask the OP to relocate to a country where his ingenuity is more appreciated like many others before him?

Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:31am On Sep 02, 2014
donroxy:

There is difference between academic firstclass and making yourself employable and It is a very big shame on you if you can't get yourself an interview , excel exceedingly well and get yourself your dream Job

!

Bros you may need to take a second look at the highlighted.
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by mcpat(m): 3:40am On Sep 02, 2014
@OP the first thing you have to do is to forget the class of the degree you were admitted to, 1-1, 2-1 and Msc(without experience) are all classified together.. You need to know that your degree would only get you the interview but would not get you the job.. Its only 3 months into the job market and you need to sit down and re-evaluate your approach, How good is my cv? How many recruitment thread have you gone through to know the test format and processes involved? How many other job seekers do u network it? How many companies have you submitted to? How much do you know about that company before stepping out for that company.. You need to learn how to market yourself, talk to people that are experienced in your field.. Finaly you need to change that philosophy that you cant get a job without a high up contact.. I wish you good luck and hope to see your testimony soon.

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by mcpat(m): 3:41am On Sep 02, 2014
@Samsara01 the first thing you have to do is to forget the class of the degree you were admitted to, 1-1, 2-1 and Msc(without experience) are all classified together.. You need to know that your degree would only get you the interview but would not get you the job.. Its only 3 months into the job market and you need to sit down and re-evaluate your approach, How good is my cv? How many recruitment thread have you gone through to know the test format and processes involved? How many other job seekers do u network it? How many companies have you submitted to? How much do you know about that company before stepping out for that company.. You need to learn how to market yourself, talk to people that are experienced in your field.. Finaly you need to change that philosophy that you cant get a job without a high up contact.. I wish you good luck and hope to see your testimony soon.
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:59am On Sep 02, 2014
ogawisdom: Since convenant uni started dishing out first class anyhow d value has dropped undecided try do ur masters n enter academics dts ur best bet

Oga u have just said the Genesis of all this problem. This is why the value has dropped. The value of 2'1 too has dropped. I don't understand how schools dish out first class and 2'1 like it's pure water. Especially this private universities. I really don't understand. Some of this 1st class graduate cannot pass a face to face interview. You begin to wonder how they defended their project. Some are very timid or can't speak a complete sentence. Many first class graduates are not intelligent. They are just brilliant. Ask them on anything pertaining to their course of study and they will even give u dictionary explanation. Ask them on anything outside their course or the application of that course to real life experiences and they have no idea. That to me is just brilliance and paper qualification. At the end of the day it's not about your 1st class only, your personality is grately important. In fact the value of bsc has dropped. I see almost all my class mates doing masters in Unilag again because there is no job. After the masters nko?. In my class, the people that came out wiv 3rd class and 2'2 got jobs immediately after nysc. The few 2'1 never see. The first class, I hear say that one dey further her education and then wants to become a lecturer.

Like someone said, those people have false hope. They feel they are entitled to a good job just like the op. They feel they don't need to struggle to get a job. While u were calm, people that finished wiv third class were thinking far because they new what they were up against. Tomorrow when u see them doing so fine ud think life is unfair to u. Lecturers seriously need to educate students on what is happening outside. If I new half of what I no now, maybe I won't have even gone to school. Just maybe!!!!!.

Thirdly, apart from the grace of God. In a country like Nigeria,most of the time knowing important people is the best way to pull through. Yes there are people who got jobs by luck. But how many are they? Have u been to a big company and during the last stage of the interview, u were asked " who do u no" . Nothing is fair and just in Nigeria. Go and learn a hand work oga.........

3 Likes

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:03am On Sep 02, 2014
Bros, I'll advice you to relax a bit and let God do it at his' own time. I had similar fate when I graduated. Made a distinction from a polytechnic, missed two multinationals interviews because of in experience and lack of composure, got a one-man business job soon which paid about 20k. Worked for about a year before I got a break through. That was 2004/05. Now might be a bit tougher.
But, let me tell you this, believe it if you like for I believed it myself.
After waiting for about a year without any good job, I went spiritual. I Went to 2004-2005 crossover night in MFM National camp, fasted the whole day and by the next year 2005, I got 3 jobs in multinationals oil companies.
I am not saying yours will be same but don't rule it out, it might pay if you pray your job out also.
God will surely reward your effort.

4 Likes

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:03am On Sep 02, 2014
Guys are just here making noise shaaaa....making noise shaaa. So just because you graduated with a pass or 2,2 and you were able to secure a big job cos right from the start you already knew that you know someone that knows someone that knows someone...now you want to yab a hardworking son of a farmer who struggled to have the best grades...keeping his brain so active and ready to change the future of Nigeria in any possible way Nigeria demands...see..it is our collective national duty as patriotic citizens..to drop the toga of jealousy and envy...and help to ensure that these first class graduates get the top jobs so that our country can truly develop and take its rightful place in the comity of nations. It is when we allow mediocrity to thrive...that our woes as a nation would go on and on. I am totally against brain drain...but if any country offers this guy a job tomorrow.. And he begins to do wonders..we would be the first to scream.."yes now we said it, Nigerians are the best na"...

Unemployment is a big challenge today...in the past, once you graduate with a first class..you are immediately given a good supervisory role in govt. Today...not only would you not get an automatic scholarship.. You have to compete with those who have seen expos. May God help us if this is the way we wanna continue.

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:08am On Sep 02, 2014
Bros, I'll advice you to relax a bit and let God do it at his' own time. I had similar fate when I graduated. Made a distinction from a polytechnic, missed two multinationals interviews because of inexperience and lack of composure, got a "one-man" business job soon which paid about 20k. Worked for about a year before I got a breakthrough. That was 2004/05. Now may be a bit tougher.
But, let me tell you this, believe it if you like for I believed it myself.
After waiting for about a year without any good job, I went spiritual. I Went to 2004-2005 crossover night in MFM National camp, fasted the whole day and by the next year 2005, I got 3 jobs in multinationals oil companies.
I am not saying yours will be same but don't rule it out, it will pay you if you pray your job out also.
God will surely reward your effort.

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by HoneySwag(f): 4:11am On Sep 02, 2014
I pray you secure a job

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by aaidel(m): 5:19am On Sep 02, 2014

with writing like this your first class is suspect imagine going for an interview and making blunders like the above bolded look to bridge your deficiencies and package yourself properly and you'll soon get a job or better still use your knowledge to create one for yourself
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:32am On Sep 02, 2014
alex2242:

it also depends on d course u studied
y u nor even name d course and d university
this is just the truth.
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by fembas316(m): 6:18am On Sep 02, 2014
maestroferddi: I disagree that folks with an engineering/science background underperform in verbal aptitude tests. I think it is more or less a person-specific thing.

Engineering students record one of the most impressive results in general tests across non-cognate professions like finance, auditing, banking etc.

Yes, it is easier to finish with higher grades in certain parts of the country.
It is well known that universities in the South West more readily confer first class degrees than say those in the South East and South South. What does it tell you when a single department confers over 100 first class degrees while the counterparts at the other parts of the country confers, say less than 3 with the same class size?

You be the judge...

Well, You ve got a nice response here! There is no doubting the fact that Engineering degree holder readily outdo their social science counterparts at that level. Nevertheless, comparing the mathematical and verbal prowess as earlier stated is relative.

Maybe it is an exaggeration, but I ve never seen/heard of any institution that conferred a hundred first class degree "all within a single department". Does that mean all in the department graduated with a first class?

If I should get you right, does it mean a First class graduate from the south western uni will fall short of such grade had it been he/she studied in the South south ot the south east??

Kindly check out the list of PRESSID awardees in the very first edition (2012/2013 edition) when the "federal character was not employed" and revert with the number of south western awardees in all. You won't be amazed that they dominated the bulk of the list

2 Likes

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Caseless: 6:20am On Sep 02, 2014
TonySpike:

@ the bolded, this is too stereotypical a statement to utter. A statement of hasty generalisation by whoever told you. I don't think the problem here is graduating with a first class but the fact the the Nigerian economy is slowing down with only fewer jobs opportunities in the market. Apart from this, the Nigerian society isn't a problem solving one, we are rather end-users of solutions typically paying through our noses to buy solved problems and implementing. The moment Nigeria takes Research and Development more seriously, the economy will expand exponentially. Until then, might I ask the OP to relocate to a country where his ingenuity is more appreciated like many others before him?

Good luck!
u embolden a part of my post and tagged it stereotypical, only for u to draw the embolden part of ur post.
U did not read my post all thru. We're meant to pass thru the system of more cramming and little pratical, so graduates can't really b self-reliant in this clime. If u don't agree with this or it was more of praticals than theory in the university u attended, then i'd like to knw whr ur university is located in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by bakenda(m): 6:48am On Sep 02, 2014
Gorimakpa: My dear you are still in a relatively good situation. You have been in the labour market for only three months, which I do not consider long enough to provoke angst or despondency......

As incredible as it sounds, I intentionally did not make 1st Class because I already knew the implications in a country like Nigeria. It puts too much pressure on you and makes it more humiliating when things don't go your way after graduation. I easily made a 'strong 2.1' even with more than enough social life and extra-curricular activities. In spite of my 2.1, I have not been able to secure the sort of job I have always wanted, and I do not think it would have been any different if I made a 1st Class; probably would have been more humiliating and difficult to bear. Countless times I've done well in aptitude tests and interviews, only to later find out that some barely-literate dolts (with due respect) who can hardly string a decent sentence in English got the jobs through their connections and other back-door means. Sometimes when you interact with the characters that get employed in these great establishments (NCC, NNPC, NERC, Nigerian Breweries, etc), feelings of humiliation and sadness overwhelm you because you know that under normal and fair conditions, they are no match for you.

I happen to have a high standard in terms of employment, with a preference for government MDAs or multinational companies. All the small one-man company jobs or bank/marketing jobs that I have come across are just not my kind of thing, so for some time now I have opted for self-employment - earning a decent living by providing niche services with my own knowledge and skills. The income is not bad at all; certainly better than most of these small companies and even banks can pay entry level employees, with plenty freedom and flexibility for that matter. Sometimes I earn up to N100k for a week's work; other times I earn much less or nothing at all during dry spells, but it's all good. I am still looking out for my dream jobs - especially federal government jobs. Unfortunately, class of degree or even competence are rarely considered for these kinds of jobs. You can be a dullard with a pass degree for all they care, as long as you can get one senator or traditional ruler to intervene on your behalf, you will get the job. It's really sad, but there has to be a way somehow, one day.

I like your English, you sabi book true true.
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by liliangmail(f): 6:55am On Sep 02, 2014
Jst d grace of God! weda 1.1,2.1,2.2,3rd class etc....1s God is nt on ur side or 1s d pride of ur result av taken over ur sense of reasoning, dn u ar on ur own! I 1s had a chit chat wif HR of a multnational company, he said to me, GMT is diff from sch exam, wat dy nid is ur smartness, ur reasonin ability etc nt ur 2.1! i advice ur put behind ur 1.1 pride nd face d world! i could remember one bankin interview i went, I applyed wif Bsc whly d guy i met der applyd wif OND! he was called bk but dy neva called me ....Go To God in prayers
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Lagishan: 7:00am On Sep 02, 2014
It's possible, you lose motivation and read less with litle preparation for exams. I had a 2.1 and by my final year I knew no matter what am still on 2.1.When writing some of the exams in my final year, you just see that with a litle more preparation you would do better answering some questions.
Afghanistan:
Its also funny reading their comments on not making a first class intentionally. Come to think of it, do you go into an exam hall to write an exam basking in the euphoria that you are going to perform below average ?of course not. A student goes into the exam hall to do nothing but his best and let fate decide the rest even when he's not prepared. Its high time they stopped being deceived and wake up into reality. I worked for a first class while in university but unfortunately, I fell into a second class upper. Although I'm satisfied with my effort, I still believe I deserved a first class and I did not do it intentionally as some are claiming here.

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by maestroferddi: 7:15am On Sep 02, 2014
fembas316:

Well, You ve got a nice response here! There is no doubting the fact that Engineering degree holder readily outdo their social science counterparts at that level. Nevertheless, comparing the mathematical and verbal prowess as earlier stated is relative.

Maybe it is an exaggeration, but I ve never seen/heard of any institution that conferred a hundred first class degree "all within a single department". Does that mean all in the department graduated with a first class?

If I should get you right, does it mean a First class graduate from the south western uni will fall short of such grade had it been he/she studied in the South south ot the south east??

Kindly check out the list of PRESSID awardees in the very first edition (2012/2013 edition) when the "federal character was not employed" and revert with the number of south western awardees in all. You won't be amazed that they dominated the bulk of the list
Well, granted that the number I gave looks superfluous, but it is a known fact that it is easier to make first class in the South West.

Strange as it sounds, I know of certain universities in the South East and South South that hardly confer first class degree. There are instances where the Senate of some institutions refused to endorse results from departments citing the impracticality of having say, more than 3 first class degrees in a department. I have seen candidates demoted to a second class upper degree by senates of some schools.

There are some federal universities in SS and SE that have not awarded more than 10 first class degrees in more than 15 years across all faculties.

Don't know what you mean by PRESSID but I have not discovered any difference in performance among products of universities from the SW and that of their SE and SS counterparts.

If there is anything, some candidates with lower grades from SS and SE have been known to outperformed some of their peers from SW with first class degrees.
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by laplace19(m): 7:19am On Sep 02, 2014
Afghanistan:

My friend,it is possible for someone to make 2nd class upper intentionally....like in my own case.... harboured making first class while I was doing pre-degree in futo and made 5.0 CGPA,started my year1 and still make the stuff,but at a point(probably in my year2) I lost interest in this first class thing,but decided to make a strong 2.1 of which am still on now(4.xx).... Seriously, I have come to a stage that I don't fancy this first class stuff. As long as I have the brain why won't I get a job(upholding God's grace shaa)..... started solving GMAT in my year1 and am currently doing my IT in ph and equipping myself with few softwares in civil engineering like Revit Architecture, AutoCad...and will go for Staadpro if I find someone to teach me.... If I know these softwares why won't I find a job in a construction firm or be self-employed....

And if you crave to know how I do it without falling below 4.xx CGPA you can as well ask me.... I will simply tell you... it's so easy if your brain is that strong...

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by eazysmiles: 7:25am On Sep 02, 2014
My friend, I'm really proud of you as a first class product of a Nigerian Public university. If it was achieved through your effort, then I implore you to be patient and never lose hope. Please note that your first class doesn't mean you'll be richer than your colleagues of lesser grade. However, you have exhibited a quality that leads to greatness which is HARDWORK. What you need to add to that is RESILIENCE. While these two qualities propel one to greatness , it is also worthy of note that you remain PRAYERFUL because , like the saying goes, prayer is the master Key. You also need to exhibit those two afore-stated qualities in you religious life. wink
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by laoma4u: 7:27am On Sep 02, 2014
grin
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 02, 2014
laplace19:

My friend,it is possible for someone to make 2nd class upper intentionally....like in my own case.... harboured making first class while I was doing pre-degree in futo and made 5.0 CGPA,started my year1 and still make the stuff,but at a point(probably in my year2) I lost interest in this first class thing,but decided to make a strong 2.1 of which am still on now(4.xx).... Seriously, I have come to a stage that I don't fancy this first class stuff. As long as I have the brain why won't I get a job(upholding God's grace shaa)..... started solving GMAT in my year1 and am currently doing my IT in ph and equipping myself with few softwares in civil engineering like Revit Architecture, AutoCad...and will go for Staadpro if I find someone to teach me.... If I know these softwares why won't I find a job in a construction firm or be self-employed....

And if you crave to know how I do it without falling below 4.xx CGPA you can as well ask me.... I will simply tell you... it's so easy if your brain is that strong...

Lagishan: It's possible, you lose motivation and read less with litle preparation for exams. I had a 2.1 and by my final year I knew no matter what am still on 2.1.When writing some of the exams in my final year, you just see that with a litle more preparation you would do better answering some questions.
continue deceiving yourself while you can. Instead of you to say you didn't work hard enough to get to the top, you are trying to defend youself by saying you purposely didn't get to the top. Its better you stop deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 02, 2014
PUBLICITY STUNT.
all the same congrats for achieving that feat.
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 7:42am On Sep 02, 2014
laplace19:

first class is the best degree u can get out of university. The problem people expect paper certificate to slove all their problem.

Do we all need white collar job?
can the formal sector of Nigeria economy employ all the over 100k Nigerian graduate anually?

Ability to apply the theoretical knowledge from the university coupled with practical experienced u picked up by interacting or observing others will stand you.

exceptional graduates with first class honours should be a job creator not a job seaker.

I grduated with first class in civil engineering from a federal university of technology and I am really proud of what I achieved. u don't cram to get first class in engineer, hardwork and understanding of basic concept get you that

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by deeptechcool(m): 7:45am On Sep 02, 2014
Entrepreneur

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Ordeal With GNLD Neolife Today / Need Info On Salary Of A Non Academic Staff In A Federal University / Gtbank Recruitment 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.