Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,743 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria (40007 Views)

Amosun Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates / Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... / Why A First Class Graduate Might Not Get A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 7:48am On Sep 02, 2014
Afghanistan:
continue deceiving yourself while you can. Instead of you to say you didn't work hard enough to get to the top, you are trying to defend youself by saying you purposely didn't get to the top. Its better you stop deceiving yourself.

Revit architecture is not a civil engineering software...

if u can only use those 2 sofwares now then u know nothing about civil engineering.

you can combine good university grades and practical know how in civil engineering.

my advice, read to get first class like your life depend on it.

I was able to learn Auto card, Orion, stad pro, lin pro, Rcd, Rcc, use of excel for bill of quantitie, auto 3 D, matlap for matrix and water problem etc.
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 7:57am On Sep 02, 2014
TonySpike:

@ the bolded, this is too stereotypical a statement to utter. A statement of hasty generalisation by whoever told you. I don't think the problem here is graduating with a first class but the fact the the Nigerian economy is slowing down with only fewer jobs opportunities in the market. Apart from this, the Nigerian society isn't a problem solving one, we are rather end-users of solutions typically paying through our noses to buy solved problems and implementing. The moment Nigeria takes Research and Development more seriously, the economy will expand exponentially. Until then, might I ask the OP to relocate to a country where his ingenuity is more appreciated like many others before him?

Good luck!

Best comment ever bro, you on point.
the ecinomy hardly create new jobs, we should all expect that from a poorly run 3rd world country. The solution is in out of the box thinking.

A country with housing deficit of 20 million unit yearly present a good opportunities if one can catch in design and financed affordable housing scheme targeting low to middle income earners.

A country 175million present already made market for manufacturing and services... on can always start small.

if you have what it take to graduate very well then you should be able to take the opportunities abound in this country
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 02, 2014
SamSara01: Friday 5th of September will make it exactly 3 months I passed out of service. I'm a 1st class holder and the best graduating student of my department and faculty in a reputable public university in the south-west but I'm currently unemployed. Of course, my cause of worry does not major on being currently unemployed, but majors on how the hope of getting a job soon seems so deem. More worrying is how professionals, lecturers, friends, family and everyone else alike kept and keep singing to my hear how so easy it will be for people like me to secure not just a job but a very good job. As it is, I don't seem better off than someone who spent every single night at a night club while I was burying my head in books during my school days. How do I motivate an aspiring student who thinks what I'm carrying is the gateway to success? If this has been the tale of people like me, then 1st class honour has truly been over-hyped in Nigeria.

Brother, do not despair. I intentionally quoted you for the sake of speaking to your senses.

Your result is by far better than mine... but the difference in us is our mentality.

Like my English lecturer once told us in class, some people are intelligent but they are not smart!

And you just proof him right.

He went further to say that there were a lot of guys in his class/department that graduated in his time with far better grades. However, he is living better than they. He said some people will finish school and still remain in same location and hugely depend on just their grade much to their own detriments.

Look man... You got to go Hard or Go Extinct.

Look for leverages and capitalise on them. It's a different world out there brother-- a different wild world!

Get help, read about how people get jobs, network like mad...(my personal tool). I don't know what you studied but you could have at least stated it in your OP.

I haven't started working but I am less worried... smiley

You have to be mentally strong man... This is not school world where you cram and pass papers and it's not a bed of roses either.

I found this link and created a thread and with a little counsel, you would be fine: https://www.nairaland.com/1876869/what-learned-being-broke-unemployed

another thing is ALWAYS indicate your grade in your CV as first class grad. It will help you get interview slots.

Go Hard or Go Extinct! cool

4 Likes

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Rich4god(m): 8:02am On Sep 02, 2014
Nafizzey: What job do you do now?
Just managing a small biz... Hoping to grow the capital and start the mega one am working on...
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by fembas316(m): 8:02am On Sep 02, 2014
maestroferddi: Well granted, that the number I gave looks superfluous, but it is a known fact that it is easier to make first class in the South West.

Strange as it sounds, I know of certain universities in the South East and South South that hardly confer first class degree. There are instances where the Senate of some institutions refused to endorse results from departments citing the impracticality of having say, more than 3 first class degrees in a department. I have seen candidates demoted to a second class upper degree by senates.

There are some federal universities in SS and SE that have not awarded more than 10 first class degrees in more than 15 years across all faculties.

Don't know you mean by PRESSID but I have not discovered any difference in performance among products of universities from the SW and that of their SE and SS counterparts.

If there is anything, some candidates with lower grades from SS and SE having been known to outperformed some of their peers from SW with first class degrees.

Lol,

You have dished out your mind in an appreciable manner, but I want to believe that there is always this "beef" for the firsty guys here which is totally uncalled for. As I indicated earlier, I have never belong to the school of thought that the firsty are superman; nevertheless they hold their worth.

One thing I will not shy away from saying is that; we might not be churning out a first class graduate who has an all-round balance (balancing the academic prowess with interpersonal/social-curriculum strength) whereas some 2.1 guys could be an all-rounder

I graduated from one of the SW uni and my graduating year (2009) saw only 7 first class graduates in the whole of the Engineering faculty. And prior to that time, the first class turn out in my dept (chemical engineering dept) was as follows:

2004: One (01)
2005: Nil
2006: Nil
2007: Nil
2008: one (01)
2009: one (01) in a class of 124

@maestroferddi, It has been nice conversing with you

And to the op, You only fail as a first class graduate when you stop living up to the expectations. Three months is not too long a wait!

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 8:07am On Sep 02, 2014
liliangmail: Jst d grace of God! weda 1.1,2.1,2.2,3rd class etc....1s God is nt on ur side or 1s d pride of ur result av taken over ur sense of reasoning, dn u ar on ur own! I 1s had a chit chat wif HR of a multnational company, he said to me, GMT is diff from sch exam, wat dy nid is ur smartness, ur reasonin ability etc nt ur 2.1! i advice ur put behind ur 1.1 pride nd face d world! i could remember one bankin interview i went, I applyed wif Bsc whly d guy i met der applyd wif OND! he was called bk but dy neva called me ....Go To God in prayers

why must we bring religion into the equation. ..
Nigerians are the laziest group of people. Good grade is proportional to your understanding skills, hardwork, level of preparation for exams etc.

1.1 and 2.1 is down to high level of dedication

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by TonySpike: 8:08am On Sep 02, 2014
maestroferddi: Well granted, that the number I gave looks superfluous, but it is a known fact that it is easier to make first class in the South West.

Strange as it sounds, I know of certain universities in the South East and South South that hardly confer first class degree. There are instances where the Senate of some institutions refused to endorse results from departments citing the impracticality of having say, more than 3 first class degrees in a department. I have seen candidates demoted to a second class upper degree by senates.

There are some federal universities in SS and SE that have not awarded more than 10 first class degrees in more than 15 years across all faculties.

Don't know you mean by PRESSID but I have not discovered any difference in performance among products of universities from the SW and that of their SE and SS counterparts.

If there is anything, some candidates with lower grades from SS and SE having been known to outperformed some of their peers from SW with first class degrees.

Dude, you are starting an unnecessary line of argument that you cannot properly defend. Can you give us facts and figures to buttress your points that First class graduates on the South-West have it more easier?

2 Likes

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by matrixme(m): 8:10am On Sep 02, 2014
dear Op, I think your post suggests that you're just understanding what it means when the Bible says the race is not to the swift... Well, you need to encourage yourself further and get up and fight. Just because you had a first class doesn't mean the employer is going to come knock your door, invite you in a limousine and roll a red carpet out for your arrival. That being said, it's still cool to make a first class anyway, because if you're building a defeatist mentality this early, how do you want to encourage those coming behind you to strive for excellence?
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by maestroferddi: 8:30am On Sep 02, 2014
TonySpike:

Dude, you are starting an unnecessary line of argument that you cannot properly defend. Can you give us facts and figures to buttress your points that First class graduates on the South-West have it more easier?
You will not understand so no point.

You have not seen where deans are instructed against awarding more than 1 first class in a graduating class?

Just like I said, no point...

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 8:33am On Sep 02, 2014
caseless: Like i was told in the university; 1st class students are meant for the classrooms/lecture halls. 1st class students are products of too much theory/cramming and zero-practical system we've all gone through and, u are fortunate to have taken advantage of the system and made a 1stclass; can't be self-reliant or self-employed with respect to their field of study as it is the case with most Nigerian graduates.
Op, i'l advice u to apply for a lecturing job in ur 'alma mata'...they will appreciate u more.
Good luck!

wrong....
first class graduates are the most versatile set of graduates. university education in any field is more of theory than practical, if you want to know practical, learn a trade from a vocational school to become an artisan or go to the poly to become a technician.

let me give you a very good example using the engineering family tree to explain.

the family is in the form of a pyramid.

1 engineer ( may be civil eng.)
2 technologies( builder's with HND)
4 technicians (
8 artisant (carpenter, plumber, electrician et).

your university degree will require you to know more of theory than practical ( actually 90% theory and 10% practical) because u are the designer and the manager. we apply scientific, economic and mathematical principle to bring idea into reality so u need all the engineering mathematics, material science, thermodynamic etc of this world to become a good engineer.

yes one can master all the undergraduate courses, apply them to solve practical problem that person is a good engineer

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 8:54am On Sep 02, 2014
fembas316:

Well, You ve got a nice response here! There is no doubting the fact that Engineering degree holder readily outdo their social science counterparts at that level. Nevertheless, comparing the mathematical and verbal prowess as earlier stated is relative.

Maybe it is an exaggeration, but I ve never seen/heard of any institution that conferred a hundred first class degree "all within a single department". Does that mean all in the department graduated with a first class?

If I should get you right, does it mean a First class graduate from the south western uni will fall short of such grade had it been he/she studied in the South south ot the south east??

Kindly check out the list of PRESSID awardees in the very first edition (2012/2013 edition) when the "federal character was not employed" and revert with the number of south western awardees in all. You won't be amazed that they dominated the bulk of the list

Some people are better ignored.

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Rich4god(m): 9:00am On Sep 02, 2014
TonySpike:

What the guy is trying to saw is that, corruption is more in the SE than in the SW and this kills the grade of graduating students... Am a witness as I schooled in the SE... In my set, out of a class of 153, only 17 made 2:1 (and I can boldly say that its just abt 10 of them that deserve it, where so many gurus who deserved 2:1 ended with 2:2) imagine, the best graduating student had 3.85cgpa... Though am not generalizing here, but its common among the state unis in SE...
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Caseless: 9:06am On Sep 02, 2014
abdulwastecx:

wrong....
first class graduates are the most versatile set of graduates. university education in any field is more of theory than practical, if you want to know practical, learn a trade from a vocational school to become an artisan or go to the poly to become a technician.

let me give you a very good example using the engineering family tree to explain.

the family is in the form of a pyramid.

1 engineer ( may be civil eng.)
2 technologies( builder's with HND)
4 technicians (
8 artisant (carpenter, plumber, electrician et).

your university degree will require you to know more of theory than practical ( actually 90% theory and 10% practical) because u are the designer and the manager. we apply scientific, economic and mathematical principle to bring idea into reality so u need all the engineering mathematics, material science, thermodynamic etc of this world to become a good engineer.

yes one can master all the undergraduate courses, apply them to solve practical problem that person is a good engineer
i learned alot frm ur post. Thank u
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by binoe: 9:09am On Sep 02, 2014
Think of yourself as a business

Having a good product is just a part of the equation.....

Marketing your product to your target market is a bigger monkey to cage.

You have done well in chapter 1 by finishing with a first class - kudos but that's not all.......understand your market (employers) and reach out to them strategically

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by maestroferddi: 9:12am On Sep 02, 2014
fembas316:

Lol,

You have dished out your mind in an appreciable manner, but I want to believe that there is always this "beef" for the firsty guys here which is totally uncalled for. As I indicated earlier, I have never belong to the school of thought that the firsty are superman; nevertheless they hold their worth.

One thing I will not shy away from saying is that; we might not be churning out a first class graduate who has an all-round balance (balancing the academic prowess with interpersonal/social-curriculum strength) whereas some 2.1 guys could be an all-rounder

I graduated from one of the SW uni and my graduating year (2009) saw only 7 first class graduates in the whole of the Engineering faculty. And prior to that time, the first class turn out in my dept (chemical engineering dept) was as follows:

And to the op, You only fail as a first class graduate when you stop living up to the expectations. Three months is not too long a wait!
Did you read my post upside down?

Beefing on first class people...How ridiculous can you get?

What is the issue with stating what is otherwise known facts?

Was I sounding like someone that cared a pin whether every Adamu, Chike and Tunde gets awarded a first class in Nigeria?

My man, you need to tweak your comprehension skills because it needs some makeover...
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by fembas316(m): 9:25am On Sep 02, 2014
maestroferddi: Did you read my post upside down?

Beefing on first class people...How ridiculous can you get?

What is the issue with stating what is otherwise known facts?

Was I sounding like someone that cared a pin whether every Adamu, Chike and Tunde gets awarded a first class in Nigeria?

My man, you need to tweak your comprehension skills because it needs some makeover...

Whao!

And I wasn't expecting such a response from a man that has an high level of comprehension. "there is always this beef" doesn't point out you have got any, but someone else might.

In a forum like this, objectivity would be highly apprecited.

A lovely day bro
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by laplace19(m): 9:29am On Sep 02, 2014
abdulwastecx:

Revit architecture is not a civil engineering software...

if u can only use those 2 sofwares now then u know nothing about civil engineering.

you can combine good university grades and practical know how in civil engineering.

my advice, read to get first class like your life depend on it.

I was able to learn Auto card, Orion, stad pro, lin pro, Rcd, Rcc, use of excel for bill of quantitie, auto 3 D, matlap for matrix and water problem etc.

I am aware of that....nowadays civil engineers are going into architectural softwares... I don't wanna know only civil softwares,cos I like to be vast especially in other careers....If I get a contract instead of giving an architect to perform his own part I will do it,get the pay and still do the civil aspect(get the pay too).... ndi igbo turu ilu si na "anaghi edebe otule ofu ebe aza ezi"...

Btw,where do you domicile,cos I really need to learn one or two softwares from you.... thanks
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by oladayo042: 9:31am On Sep 02, 2014
Mayflowa:

The OP's English isn't that bad. We all make one or two mistakes in this language. For instance, u weren't suppose to add 'd' to your suppose. To-infinity doesn't carry past tense.

See?
Thanks for correcting my mistake. In fact, I just learnt something new from your post.

I wasn't really referring to the OP in my post. The guy I quoted made it look you can not write grammatically correct sentences when you are angry; something we both know is not true.

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 02, 2014
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by ephi123(f): 9:35am On Sep 02, 2014
Personally, I think graduating with a first class degree is something to be proud of. However, you have to realize that it is only the first step of a long journey. The next step is to make yourself versatile, go out there and defend the grade.

I can tell you that a 1st is no guarantee of jobs automatically coming to you but it does set you up in a reasonably good position, it's like putting your best foot forward. The labour market is a competitive one not just in Nigeria, but globally so your constant question should how do I make myself stand out? Your viewpoint should be what I can bring to the table not just what can the employer offer me.

Also, explore scholarships, have a look at the Erasmus Mundus programme, make the internet your best friend for now.

Most importantly, pray - can't emphasize that enough. Time and chance happens to them all, in this life the race is not always to the swift.

P.S. - I think grads need to start thinking outside the box, I understand that not everyone has a natural business acumen but considering that paid employment would never go round it is time for students in uni to start thinking ahead of what next after school.

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 02, 2014
SamSara01: Friday 5th of September will make it exactly 3 months I passed out of service. I'm a 1st class holder and the best graduating student of my department and faculty in a reputable public university in the south-west but I'm currently unemployed. Of course, my cause of worry does not major on being currently unemployed, but majors on how the hope of getting a job soon seems so deem. More worrying is how professionals, lecturers, friends, family and everyone else alike kept and keep singing to my hear how so easy it will be for people like me to secure not just a job but a very good job. As it is, I don't seem better off than someone who spent every single night at a night club while I was burying my head in books during my school days. How do I motivate an aspiring student who thinks what I'm carrying is the gateway to success? If this has been the tale of people like me, then 1st class honour has truly been over-hyped in Nigeria.
First class from UI...the supposed job creator!
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by ephi123(f): 9:41am On Sep 02, 2014
sandijey:

Many first class graduates are not intelligent.

How on earth do people make generic statements like this?! Kai. Naija
1st class is not a measure of intelligence but to make such a statement is wrong on all levels.
Students, study hard and put your best foot forward - please do not listen to stuff that would make you think it doesn't matter.

Even with the man-know-man in Naija, there are still those that get jobs without knowing anyone.

2 Likes

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Sixix: 9:46am On Sep 02, 2014
caseless: Like i was told in the university; 1st class students are meant for the classrooms/lecture halls. 1st class students are products of too much theory/cramming and zero-practical system we've all gone through and, u are fortunate to have taken advantage of the system and made a 1stclass; can't be self-reliant or self-employed with respect to their field of study as it is the case with most Nigerian graduates.
Op, i'l advice u to apply for a lecturing job in ur 'alma mata'...they will appreciate u more.
Good luck!

Exam is a practical tool that is meant to evaluate student's knowledge, application of this knowledge in an exam has a lot to do with ANALYSIS. People who think they should have passed or had a first, did not because they failed to answer analytically. The school expects you to ruminate over what you have read, look at it from every angle before putting it down in writing. Therefore most First class students do not just cram, they put in extra effort than those with lower grades
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 02, 2014
fembas316:

Lol,

You are conversing with a known bigot.I bet you didn't see the "We better pass you mentality"displayed all over his post.
Imagine the idiiiot even saying 2.1 graduates from the southeast are better than first class graduates from the southwest.When no southeast university is even in top ten universities in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Sixix: 9:49am On Sep 02, 2014
ephi123:

How on earth do people make generic statements like this?! Kai. Naija
1st class is not a measure of intelligence but to make such a statement is wrong on all levels.
Students, study hard and put your best foot forward - please do not listen to stuff that would make you think it doesn't matter.

Even with the man-know-man in Naija, there are still those that get jobs without knowing anyone.

You dey mind them

They have perfected the fine art of making excuses
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by muredo(m): 9:51am On Sep 02, 2014

[b]Listen very well my brother,am also a first class student from south-west with the aim of having my authomatic employment with my school according to the innovation of the former vice-chancellor,but you know this is Nigeria of ours,Immediately the man stepped aside from being vice chancellor some Professors with the incubent vice chancellor ganged up that automatic employment must be stopped,My brother,they eventually succeeded in this wicked act,But GOD is still on the throne,why cant you apply for several scholarships,I trust God you will have one,as am talking to you,am in Kenya for my MSC programme,I mean FULL SCHOLARSHIP,I lived like a king,what am collecting here as a stipend is almost the same with what LECTURER 1 is having as a salary in Nigeria.
Dont look down on yourself,try scholarship,to crown it all,after the one am undergoing here at Jomo Kenyatta(Msc in Research Methods),I was awarded another one to study Environmental Engineering at University of Nairobi
Please my brother,I want you to know this,the Lord that gave you 1st class knew where you will definitely use it,it is just a matter of time.
Thanks and God bless[/b]

2 Likes

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Ndababa(m): 9:51am On Sep 02, 2014
Too much English, saying the same thing back n forth. The simple truth: The rate at which universities churn out graduates over-exceed the number of jobs available. Period!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by laplace19(m): 9:55am On Sep 02, 2014
Afghanistan:
continue deceiving yourself while you can. Instead of you to say you didn't work hard enough to get to the top, you are trying to defend youself by saying you purposely didn't get to the top. Its better you stop deceiving yourself.

My dear,there is nothing deceiving about it... I will be entering finals when am through with my IT so I can still make the first class stuff if I want....

The truth is,humans have different lifestyles and I am already living mine.. The way I see myself I might not even use my school certificate,cos I have already mapped out profit-Oriented business plans if the capital comes..... Most times my departmental pals get mad at me for not wanting this first class,but it's my own decision and I pray I won't regret it... Strange abi?...but that's just me...

so just understand that humans do have bizarre decisions which at the end might not be deceiving...
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by kibo: 10:12am On Sep 02, 2014
ogawisdom: Since convenant uni started dishing out first class anyhow d value has dropped undecided try do ur masters n enter academics dts ur best bet

sandijey:
Oga u have just said the Genesis of all this problem. This is why the value has dropped. The value of 2'1 too has dropped. I don't understand how schools dish out first class and 2'1 like it's pure water. Especially this private universities . I really don't understand. Some of this 1st class graduate cannot pass a face to face interview. You begin to wonder how they defended their project. Some are very timid or can't speak a complete sentence. Many first class graduates are not intelligent. They are just brilliant. Ask them on anything pertaining to their course of study and they will even give u dictionary explanation. Ask them on anything outside their course or the application of that course to real life experiences and they have no idea.

I have never read so much poo in my life coming from two individuals. Its either two of you are confused or you just want to comment.

Referring to the bolded, If the so called private universities are churning out less qualified 1st class graduates, then they shouldnt be a threat in the labour market. But according to you, its a problem. Its either the HR folks are getting it wrong by employing them or they are just as good as their public contemporaries. Obviously, the latter is the case.

Dont compensate for your laziness by speaking poo about people that hustled hard for their paper. Wake up from your slumber, the labour market has changed, there is more competition now, people work harder now for their digits.

@op, i advice you to treat some suggestions on this thread as opinions, rather than absorbing it, if not you might just end up in their sorry state with the wrong mentality.

You can never go wrong with a positive attitude. You are a first class material, keeping pushing, your breakthrough is eminent. Please dont let anybody put you in a pitiable state because your mentality affects a lot in life.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by ephi123(f): 10:21am On Sep 02, 2014
kibo:

I have never read so much poo in my life coming from two individuals. Its either two of you are confused or you just want to comment.

Referring to the bolded, If the so called private universities are churning out less qualified 1st class graduates, then they shouldnt be a threat in the labour market. But according to you, its a problem. Its either the HR folks are getting it wrong by employing them or they are just as good as their public contemporaries. Obviously, the latter is the case.

Dont compensate for your laziness by speaking poo about people that hustled hard for their paper. Wake up from your slumber, the labour market has changed, there is more competition now, people work harder now for their digits.

@op, i advice you to treat some suggestions on this thread as opinions, rather than absorbing it, if not you might just end up in their sorry state with the wrong mentality.

You can never go wrong with a positive attitude. You are a first class material, keeping pushing, your breakthrough is eminent. Please dont let anybody put you in a pitiable state because your mentality affects a lot in life.

Cheers.

Thank you, I couldn't have said it better.
The kind of wrong mindset a lot of Nigerians have adopted is scary!

1 Like

Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 02, 2014
sage2:

I advise you to remain calm in school to enable us help the government clear the backlog of unemployed graduates that are roaming out streets. Don't be in such a hurry, okay.
The situation is out of hand bro,one can't keep calm in school without further plans,it would be looking like you putting all eggs in one basket
Re: The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 02, 2014
Really?
First class graduate should be people with the ability to create,make, and enforce a positive change from what they have studied! Using their immediate environment to seek for problems and foster solutions!.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sterling Bank is Giving 2nd Chance / Nigerian Army Begins 2018 Recruitment Of 77 Regular Recruits: How To Apply / What I Did Yesterday After I Lost My Last N200 During Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.