Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Open Letter To Arsene Wenger - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Open Letter To Arsene Wenger (1863 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / And God Speaks To Arsene Wenger!!! / God's Message To Arsene Wenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by DaGC(m): 1:20pm On Sep 02, 2014
heatmeup: united have a big problem with attack first of all rvp has no strong competitior but with the arrival of falcao he will buckle up,then blind is a good passer of the ball he definately will play holding midfield,rojo and jones will b a good combination,this should make evans buckle up too,my prayers is just that this is the time we need the full form of rafael to operate as a wing back.then tyler needs more playing experience and i dont think man utd have that luxry of time.i hope herrea and carrick come back soon.i see goals reigning soon

United have no "big problem with attack". It could have survived the next couple of seasons without Falcao. RVP and Wayne are quality players and Welbeck and Javier were good back up for them. It would have survived a couple more seasons, but a defence line that lost Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra needed revamping and all we've got to solve that problem are 3 left backs (Shaw, Rojo and Blind). Blind though can play at Centre back and defensive midfield despite playing wingback all through the world cup. And since Van Gaal's formation doesn't really favour wingers, Di Maria was another thing I wasn't expecting, because the number 10 role in United has more than 1 player for it(Mata, Januzaj even Wayne). Carrick is the only holding midfielder but at 32, one starts to prepare for the worst. Herrera will prove to be a quality signing because he's creative but we need an enforcer. Playing Di Maria in central midfield would limit his productivity because he normally plays as a number 10 or as a winger.
Well, Van Gaal's in charge. I wanna see how he makes all these work.
Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by WoodcrestMayor(m): 1:22pm On Sep 02, 2014
I disagree with u on dis.That forward line isnt ok.Falcao,Rooney and Vpersie function best as out-and-out strikers.If u google Rooney's stats,u'll see that his goal return has always been heavy as the main man.Rooney has just been a victim of his own talent.He has been used in various positions because he has the skills to do the jobs.Now,he's no longer happy playing out of position + age is catching up with him.Remember last season wen he was the main man during Vpersie's injury spell?Remember d season after Ronaldo left?He scored over 30 goals as the main man.There is no question about Rooney's best position at all.This your formation also means Van pepper 'lld sit on the bench REGULARLY.It also puts Januzaj who IMO is better suited to that RWF position on the bench.He has speed,flair and precision.
4-3-3 would make a number of players unhappy.
heatmeup: are you kidding me? infact if you want all of them to play they can you will only have one poacher which is falcao in fact what of this formation.
falcao(poacher or deep lying forward)
-----------------di maria(if)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------rooney(inside forward)

-------------------------------------------mata(CM)-------------------------------herriera(AP)

------------------------------------------------------------blind\flectcher(DLP)

--------------------shaw(WB)-----------rojo(LD)--------------------------------phil jones(LD)-------------------------------------rafael(WB)
Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by heatmeup(f): 1:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
DaGC:

United have no "big problem with attack". It could have survived the next couple of seasons without Falcao. RVP and Wayne are quality players and Welbeck and Javier were good back up for them. It would have survived a couple more seasons, but a defence line that lost Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra needed revamping and all we've got to solve that problem are 3 left backs (Shaw, Rojo and Blind). Blind though can play at Centre back and defensive midfield despite playing wingback all through the world cup. And since Van Gaal's formation doesn't really favour wingers, Di Maria was another thing I wasn't expecting, because the number 10 role in United has more than 1 player for it(Mata, Januzaj even Wayne). Carrick is the only holding midfielder but at 32, one starts to prepare for the worst. Herrera will prove to be a quality signing because he's creative but we need an enforcer. Playing Di Maria in central midfield would limit his productivity because he normally plays as a number 10 or as a winger.
even mee toooo
Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by WoodcrestMayor(m): 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2014
Dat fan vex o! cheesy
Maybe na why e manage buy Welbeck b4 transfer window close. grin
Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by heatmeup(f): 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: I disagree with u on dis.That forward line isnt ok.Falcao,Rooney and Vpersie function best as out-and-out strikers.If u google Rooney's stats,u'll see that his goal return has always been heavy as the main man.Rooney has just been a victim of his own talent.He has been used in various positions because he has the skills to do the jobs.Now,he's no longer happy playing out of position + age is catching up with him.Remember last season wen he was the main man during Vpersie's injury spell?Remember d season after Ronaldo left?He scored over 30 goals as the main man.There is no question about Rooney's best position at all.This your formation also means Van pepper 'lld sit on the bench REGULARLY.It also puts Januzaj who IMO is better suited to that RWF position on the bench.He has speed,flair and precision.
4-3-3 would make a number of players unhappy.
you see this rooney's case i totally disagree with you.i told my brother the same thing that he should play rooney as a inside forward where he can cut in(fm13)most importantly give him responsibilities like corners captain and so on guess what just as you said he was so unhappy in the first month.after some blending he bcame the world best player and won the european footballer of the year despite man utd loosing out of the champions league oooooo.thats the best place rooney can play and he will truly shine due to his team spirit.
2.januzaj? are u for real?how can you hav a di maria and then you will play adrian?no doubt he has the talent but what about di maria's experience
Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by WoodcrestMayor(m): 1:38pm On Sep 02, 2014
Spot o! @ bolded.
I just hpe results show us he knew wat he was doing per d signings
DaGC:

Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by beinstein(m): 1:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
gabinogem: how happy I am welbeck is out... young and evans start warming up, u guys are next
i think you forgot to include Cleverly.
Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by WoodcrestMayor(m): 1:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
Di Maria on one flank,Januzaj on the other.
Back to the Rooney matter.Rooney has lost some of the fire that made him a beast.He made it clear he isn't happy out of position.Why was Welbeck unhappy.No player is ever happy to "manage" another position.Remember wen Mata joined us?He wasn't happy playing on the wings too. Rooney hardly shoots nowadays.4-3-3 is a formation that thrives on speed.With your selection of players,they only pacy players in attack is Dimaria.Remember Ronaldo,Tevez,Rooney?
heatmeup: you see this rooney's case i totally disagree with you.i told my brother the same thing that he should play rooney as a inside forward where he can cut in(fm13)most importantly give him responsibilities like corners captain and so on guess what just as you said he was so unhappy in the first month.after some blending he bcame the world best player and won the european footballer of the year despite man utd loosing out of the champions league oooooo.thats the best place rooney can play and he will truly shine due to his team spirit.
2.januzaj? are u for real?how can you hav a di maria and then you will play adrian?no doubt he has the talent but what about di maria's experience
Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by heatmeup(f): 1:49pm On Sep 02, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Di Maria on one flank,Januzaj on the other.
Back to the Rooney matter.Rooney has lost some of the fire that made him a beast.He made it clear he isn't happy out of position.Why was Welbeck unhappy.No player is ever happy to "manage" another position.Remember wen Mata joined us?He wasn't happy playing on the wings too. Rooney hardly shoots nowadays.4-3-3 is a formation that thrives on speed.With your selection of players,they only pacy players in attack is Dimaria.Remember Ronaldo,Tevez,Rooney?
hmmmmmm owk
Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
heatmeup: united have a big problem with attack first of all rvp has no strong competitior but with the arrival of falcao he will buckle up,then blind is a good passer of the ball he definately will play holding midfield,rojo and jones will b a good combination,this should make evans buckle up too,my prayers is just that this is the time we need the full form of rafael to operate as a wing back.then tyler needs more playing experience and i dont think man utd have that luxry of time.i hope herrea and carrick come back soon.i see goals reigning soon

is this a lady actually churning out such analysis? shocked shocked
doff my hat to you ma'am
Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by heatmeup(f): 3:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
AncientJerk:

is this a lady actually churning out such analysis? shocked shocked
doff my hat to you ma'am
thanks to my lovely brothers i grew up in the midst of men wink
Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
DaGC:

guy Rojo is a Centre Back that can play LB

Blind is a DMF that can play LWB and has occasisonaly played CB

how can you seriously believe even for a second that utd would buy 3 left backs at a cumulative cost of about 66 million GBP? doesnt something seem a little odd about that?

and yes there is a very serious problem up front. our strikers seem incapable of creating chances for themselves, RVP has suddenly gone anonymous and in the absence of Welbeck and Chicharito whom i am glad to see go, who would we turn to?

the midfield with Carrick Di Maria, Herrerra, Blind, Fellaini, Cleverly will be enough for now.

people need to understand that the entire team has had gaping problem areas for a while and these were never gonna get fixed in one season. we bough 3 central midfield players in one season!! shocked

we'll have to make do
Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by nickz(m): 4:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
ah swear this is the funniest thread on nl
cheesycheesy
Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by DaGC(m): 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
AncientJerk:

guy Rojo is a Centre Back that can play LB

Blind is a DMF that can play LWB and has occasisonaly played CB

how can you seriously believe even for a second that utd would buy 3 left backs at a cumulative cost of about 66 million GBP? doesnt something seem a little odd about that?

and yes there is a very serious problem up front. our strikers seem incapable of creating chances for themselves, RVP has suddenly gone anonymous and in the absence of Welbeck and Chicharito whom i am glad to see go, who would we turn to?

the midfield with Carrick Di Maria, Herrerra, Blind, Fellaini, Cleverly will be enough for now.

people need to understand that the entire team has had gaping problem areas for a while and these were never gonna get fixed in one season. we bough 3 central midfield players in one season!! shocked

we'll have to make do

We didn't sign Rojo playing CB for Argentina/Sporting Lisbon. He did play at CB earlier in his career, but has been playing LB for the last couple years as his strong point. So, Rojo still plays LB, Shaw is a left back and Blind played LWB at the world cup and at times for Ajax, so yes, I believe for more than a second that United spent over £66M on left backs. Although, I'm sure LVG plans to use them in other positions.

Yes, people need to know that the squad has been mediocre for years and needed restructuring.

This is the 1st time in my many years supporting Man United that I'm seeing stars putting on the famous red jersey. Its a thing of joy. We will make do according to what you said, but I still stand by what I said earlier about our defence being a priority right now. Sucked that Vermalaen and Hummels refused to move.

Oh, spending £24M (£6M + £18M in wages)for a 1year loan seems rather extreme.

Finally, I doff my hat to Ferguson for being able to achieve so much with such a mediocre squad. Seems almost like magic. Looking forward to more glory with LVG.
Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2014
@ DaGC wer on earth are you getting your info from

Rojo has been playing CB for the past two years for Sporting, only filled in at LB for Argentina.

Blind Played LWB and also DMf for Holland at the world cup and just won the Eredivisie Player of year award playing as a DMF the entire season.... having played a few games at CB doesnt make him a CB anymore than it has made carrick one and neither does it make him a LWB. for crying out loud is Ashley Young now a LWB simply because he has played there for a few games??

dunno why you're deliberately misleading people but shebi its just a week or so till our next game? it'll be clear for all to see
Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
@ DaGC wer on earth are you getting your info from

Rojo has been playing CB for the past two years for Sporting, only filled in at LB for Argentina.

Blind Played LWB and also DMf for Holland at the world cup and just won the Eredivisie Player of year award playing as a DMF the entire season.... having played a few games at CB doesnt make him a CB anymore than it has made carrick one and neither does it make him a LWB. for crying out loud is Ashley Young now a LWB simply because he has played there for a few games??
Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by gabinogem(m): 7:59pm On Sep 02, 2014
yeah... I forgot that, thanks.... he's on his way out to aston villa
Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by sapientia1(m): 10:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
heatmeup: how about we have it like this

----------------------------------------------------falcao\rvp(poacher or deep lying forward)
-----------------di maria(if)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------rooney(inside forward)

-------------------------------------------mata(CM)-------------------------------herriera(AP)

------------------------------------------------------------blind\flectcher(DLP)

--------------------shaw(WB)-----------rojo(LD)--------------------------------phil jones(LD)-------------------------------------rafael(
better, but let's hope this particular line stays fit and play the whole season!! Cos ion c any reserve team player half as good as this line-up
Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by heatmeup(f): 9:16am On Sep 03, 2014
sapientia1: better, but let's hope this particular line stays fit and play the whole season!! Cos ion c any reserve team player half as good as this line-up
i dnt get what you mean by reserve
Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by heatmeup(f): 9:18am On Sep 03, 2014
AncientJerk: @ DaGC wer on earth are you getting your info from

help me tell him ooooooooooooooooo
Re: Open Letter To Arsene Wenger by sapientia1(m): 6:56am On Sep 04, 2014
heatmeup: i dnt get what you mean by reserve
by reserve I mean replacements, substitutes.....there are non as good and dependable as the ones u listed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Roma (1) Vs Arsenal (1) Wednesday 11th March. AFC wins 7- 6 on Pens / Chelsea Vs Manchester United Live Epl Football Streams With Hd Video. / Picture: When You Are Waiting For Arsenal To Win The Champions League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.