Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

“where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir (723 Views)

Buhari Accepts Bible Gift At Meeting With Northern Christians / Buhari's Speech At Meeting With Catholic Bishops In Abuja / Oshiomhole Escapes Being Beaten At Meeting Of National Dialogue In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by farem: 5:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
“Where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir
In a bizarre tale that illustrates how Nigeria is run, President Goodluck Jonathan arrived two weeks ago at a top secret meeting with the exiled Emir of Gwoza, the newly-named headquarters of Boko Haram’s so-called “Islamic Caliphate,” with no knowledge of the location of Gwoza, presidency sources at the meeting said.
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKSEP 01, 2014

In a bizarre tale that illustrates how Nigeria is run, President Goodluck Jonathan arrived two weeks ago at a top secret meeting with the exiled Emir of Gwoza, the newly-named headquarters of Boko Haram’s so-called “Islamic Caliphate,” with no knowledge of the location of Gwoza, presidency sources at the meeting said.

Suleiman Abba stands next to President Goodluck Jonathan on the scene of a deadly bus station bombing in Abuja
The Emir, Muhammed Timta, escaped after the militants invaded Gwoza on August 16 and took over his palace.

He arrived in Abuja after first making his way to Maiduguri to escape further attempts on his life. His father, Idrissa Timta, had died in a Boko Haram ambush on May 30, 2014 as Boko Haram ambushed his convoy on his way to the burial of the Emir of Gombe.

Shortly after Timta’s arrival in Abuja, President Jonathan sent for the Emir, who was accompanied to the meeting by a Borno Senator, Ali Ndume. However, to the utter shock of the Emir, President Jonathan did not know where Gwoza was located: Adamawa or Borno State.

Presidency sources said silence enveloped the room after the President, apparently lacking basic research or a briefing by his numerous aides and security agencies, asked in condescending pidgin, “Where’s Gwoza sef?”

Mr. Jonathan then promised to ‘liberate’ Gwoza after Senator Ndume told him Gwoza was his home town and that it is located in Borno State.

Gwoza remains under the control of Boko Haram after the sect took over the township in a raid and declared the town the headquarters of the “Islamic Caliphate” in the Northeast of Nigeria.

At least three attempts by Nigerian troops have been repelled by the militants. Several soldiers and innocent civilians were killed.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by Chanchit: 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
Well, I won't blame GeJ for not knowing where the town is located, afterall its almost impossible to know everywhere in Nigeria, if not for this animals, how are we soppose to hear of the town, but GEJ sef soppose use scope instead of asking where the town is. And why is he even communicating with that boko financier Ali Ndume.

2 Likes

Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by okonja(m): 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
hmmmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by AJILEK(m): 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
NNobody knows all.

1 Like

Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by Katier00(f): 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2014
God forgive me, me too,I no know where gwoza dey or even heard of it until boko guys captured it, so dnt blame mr president abeg
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by stinggy(m): 6:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
Chanchit: Well, I won't blame GeJ for not knowing where the town is located, afterall its almost impossible to know everywhere in Nigeria, if not for this animals, how are we soppose to hear of the town, but GEJ sef soppose use scope instead of asking where the town is. And why is he even communicating with that boko financier Ali Ndume.
I won't blame him for not knowing the town too, i'll only blame him for the 'where is gwoza sef?' retort. There are ways people in authority should talk. Same way he referred to shekau when asked if he is dead or alive. Same way he referred to ASUP officials as "those polytechnics people".
He should learn to be civil
Re: “where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
Abi ooo... If na me i go ask too na..............................

"funny title"

(1) (Reply)

General Benjamin Adekunles Is Dead / Scottish Independence(12 Issues That Is Needed To Be Addressed) / Shekau Is Well,alive; By Boko Haram Negotiator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.