Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,821 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Where The Hell Are The 40 Helicopters Supposed To Be Imported From Russia? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where The Hell Are The 40 Helicopters Supposed To Be Imported From Russia? (760 Views)

Customs Intercepts Ammunition Imported From U.S.A / Chibok Girls Rescue: Military Deploys 2 Fighter Jets, 4 Helicopters In Gwoza / What Happened To The 40 Laptop Crew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where The Hell Are The 40 Helicopters Supposed To Be Imported From Russia? by dekronik: 10:10pm On Sep 01, 2014
Nearly two months ago our leaders told us they have placed order for about 40 helicopter gunships to boost the current war on terror. Its 1st September still nothing to show. Please na leg dem wan use bring them from Russia abi wetin? Towns are falling daily and our top military brass have no idea what they are doing.
I dey vex this night.

2 Likes

Re: Where The Hell Are The 40 Helicopters Supposed To Be Imported From Russia? by brownlord: 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
Stealing is not corruption.

1 Like

Re: Where The Hell Are The 40 Helicopters Supposed To Be Imported From Russia? by Ibnsultan01: 10:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hmmmmm. I can tell you something Abuja is not ready to end the insurgency all we see are new VIP planes. Iraq made order for su-25 within 2 weeks and was delivered. We can get su27 aka Flanker which is similar to f14/15. Or the much modern su30 for aboutUS$75 million (Su-30MKI) a multiRole jet. Along side helos mi25. Or its sister the mi24 from the Russian airforce as the phasingout the choppers. We don't need New birds now.
Re: Where The Hell Are The 40 Helicopters Supposed To Be Imported From Russia? by Seened: 10:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
dekronik: Nearly two months ago our leaders told us they have placed order for about 40 helicopter gunships to boost the current war on terror. Its 1st September still nothing to show. Please na leg dem wan use bring them from Russia abi wetin? Towns are falling daily and our top military brass have no idea what they are doing.
I dey vex this night.
My brother I tire o. Even the Super Tucanos I expected to be in operation are not on Nigerian soil. For pete's sake we need some kind of formidable air to ground attack platform A.S.A.P.
Re: Where The Hell Are The 40 Helicopters Supposed To Be Imported From Russia? by 4Play(m): 12:18am On Sep 02, 2014
@OP

Sorry for being pedantic but when did our "leaders" claim that 40 choppers were on their way? It seems to me this was newspaper speculation as Nigeria rarely gives specifics on military purchases.
Re: Where The Hell Are The 40 Helicopters Supposed To Be Imported From Russia? by dekronik: 7:23am On Sep 02, 2014
4Play: @OP

Sorry for being pedantic but when did our "leaders" claim that 40 choppers were on their way? It seems to me this was newspaper speculation as Nigeria rarely gives specifics on military purchases.

That's why I said supposed.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-orders-40-attack-helicopters-from-us-russia-to-fight-terrorism/184576/
Re: Where The Hell Are The 40 Helicopters Supposed To Be Imported From Russia? by tunwumi: 7:48am On Sep 02, 2014
They are at high sea waiting for small boats we just awarded building contract for in Korea. When we completed the boats, u will see the helicopter .
Re: Where The Hell Are The 40 Helicopters Supposed To Be Imported From Russia? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:01am On Sep 02, 2014
If u see kite, make u go church go testify!

Helicopter ko, fighter jet ni..
Re: Where The Hell Are The 40 Helicopters Supposed To Be Imported From Russia? by larrymoore(m): 8:13am On Sep 02, 2014
Oh, sorry u ve not heard. They were supposed to have arrived Nigeria but the Ukrain crisis caused the diversion, President Putin has to use them. He sent an appeal to Nigerian govt that manufacturers are working on new set. Mean while, the manufacturers denied such claim.
Re: Where The Hell Are The 40 Helicopters Supposed To Be Imported From Russia? by lilprinze: 8:46am On Sep 02, 2014
FG lying to the masses since 19bc. They are not ready to end the insurgency in this country, but they keep buying expensive and luxury private jets every now and then with our money.
Re: Where The Hell Are The 40 Helicopters Supposed To Be Imported From Russia? by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 02, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: If u see kite, make u go church go testify!

Helicopter ko, fighter jet ni..
Re: Where The Hell Are The 40 Helicopters Supposed To Be Imported From Russia? by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 02, 2014
lilprinze: FG lying to the masses since 19bc. They are not ready to end the insurgency in this country, both they keep buying expensive and luxury private jets every now and then with our money.
Re: Where The Hell Are The 40 Helicopters Supposed To Be Imported From Russia? by hazyfm: 8:48am On Sep 02, 2014
39 Helicopters remaining, Sighted one with Jennifer this morning..

Helicopter ko' Caterpillar ni

Re: Where The Hell Are The 40 Helicopters Supposed To Be Imported From Russia? by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 02, 2014
this are the kind of questions i want to see on the front page, not some 8000 TAN. Groups. Mynd44, Obinoscopy and Mukina2.
Re: Where The Hell Are The 40 Helicopters Supposed To Be Imported From Russia? by dekronik: 7:49am On Sep 08, 2014
Obiagelli: this are the kind of questions i want to see on the front page, not some 8000 TAN. Groups. Mynd44, Obinoscopy and Mukina2.

My sister, I couldn't agree with you more.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Sponsors Are Friends Of President Jonathan,says Chief John Odigie-oye / May God Bless Those Who Insult Me—okorocha / Evangelist Shoots and Kills His Own father In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.