Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,912 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore (8738 Views)

How To Recover Iphone Data After Restore Iphone To Factory Settings / I Need a Code To Restore my Nokia 3110c to Default Settings,please Help! / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by lldiend: 3:57am On Sep 02, 2014
I accidentally reset my iPhone to factory default settings last night, it cause lost SMS and Contacts on iPhone. Now I'm back and want to[b] recover my previous data[/b], but I don't want to lose those data on my iPad currently. How can I recover iPhone data after restoring it to factory settings without iTunes? Thank you very much!

Because the factory resetting cause erase previous data on your iPhone and make them overwritten, to recover iPhone data after factory settings restore without iTunes, you must to use a iPhone data recovery, the iPhone data recovery can help you extract iTunes backup files to get lost iPhone SMS back, before you recover iPhone SMS, you can preview them.

Two ways to recover iPhone Lost SMS after Factory Settings Restore

Part 1: Recover iPhone SMS in Windows after Factory Settings Restore

Step 1. Choose recover from iTunes backup and extract it
Step 2. Scan the iPhone SMS after restore
Step 3. Preview & recover iPhone after restore

Part 2: Recover iPhone SMS messages on Mac after Factory Settings Restore

Step 1. Choose iTunes backup and scan iPhone
Step 2. Preview & recover iPhone data after restore

Tips: All the recovered SMS may be saved on your computer,if you need to transfer the recovered SMS to iPhone,you can use iPhone SMS Transfer to take them back to your iPhone easily.

More use guides:

How to Recover iPhone SMS messages on Mac directly without backup iTunes

iPhone 5 SMS Recovery to restore lost or deleted SMS on iPhone 5

Restore iPhone 4S SMS messages only one click

[img]http://datas-recovery.com/upfiles/fck/recover-iphone-sms(5).jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by shmoney23: 4:34am On Sep 02, 2014
As I know, the deleted data still store in iPhone, if they are not be overwritten, you can restore iPhone data directly, but you need some iPhone iOS Data Recovery programs for help, this way is for the user have no backup, if you backup your data with iTunes before, then recover deleted text messages from iPhone will be simply, follow the step.
Click the File menu and select Devices > Restore from Back up.
Or
Open the iOS device's Summary tab. There are two ways to access this:
Click the device button in the upper right corner. (If viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button in the upper right corner. The device button will then be visible.)
From any view in iTunes, click the View menu and select Show Sidebar. Select your iOS device in iTunes under Devices.
Click the Restore Backup button.

How to restore lost iPhone data after iOS update
How to extract text messages from itunes backup
How to extract text messages from icloud backup
Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by towtoe: 9:10am On Sep 02, 2014
When you made the backup, you may have told it to encrypt the backup.

Therefore I used the normal iTunes backup and restore found under the Summary tab in iTunes. If your data is still on the other phone, back it up again with iTunes. To use iTunes you have to start it, connect your phone to the computer with a cable, then select the iPhone button near the top right corner of the screen. Be sure not to check the encrypt button.

Read more:
Recover Files after iPhone Restored to Factory Settings
How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone
Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by xiredcc: 8:54am On Jan 22, 2015
With the help of iPhone iPad Data Recovery for Mac, we can recover iPhone contacts in three ways: from iPhone directly, from iTunes backup and from iCloud backup.
As we know, most of people do care about their data safety.It is extremely annoying that you lost all your iPhone contacts when you reset your iPhone or delete them unintentionally. You wonder if there is a way to solve this hard case. I can surely tell you YES, there are two ways to restore iPhone contacts.
How to Recover Lost Data from iPhone
The ios data recovery software is a convenient and efficient device, which can scan your contacts quickly to restore it. One way is to recover iPhone lost contacts directly; another way is to restore contacts from an iPhone backup, on the basis that you have used iTunes to manage your iPhone. As fast as possible to get your data back, follow us to see how it work.
Read more: how to recover lost data from iPad
Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by Joseph91: 7:57am On Jan 30, 2015
There are 2 ways you can try to recover the SMS on your iPhone:

1. If you have used iTunes to backup your iPhone before, you can restore them back by iTunes.

2. If you do not have any backups, you can try to use some third-party recovery tools, such as Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery, which can directly scan your phone and help get your lost data back. What’s more, no matter you use Windows or Mac, you can download the free trial version and have a try by yourself.

I found a video guide which may help you work it out, you can find it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGZjMgRkIps&feature=youtu.be
Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by chaloner(m): 8:57am On Jan 30, 2015
Do u knw hw I can unlock my iphone
Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by tbsshowd: 3:57pm On Feb 11, 2015
Before iOS 7 I NEVER searched internet for "how to do ... on iPhone ?". Now it's my third time when I cannot find a function to delete all messages on iPhone, that should be and was obvious in previous versions of iOS. To Erase iPhone Contacts, SMS Permanently,you must to use a iPhone data eraser software.

This use guide about how to deleted iPhone contacts, message: Delete all contacts from iPhone permanently
Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by remier1: 11:08am On Mar 27, 2015
There are three ways you can follow:

1. You can restore iTunes backups to your iPhone at any time. Follow these steps to choose a backup and sync the data to your iPhone.
how to recover contacts on iPhone
(1) Connect the iPhone to the computer with a USB cable.
(2) Open iTunes.
(3) If you have a new or erased iPhone, iTunes will prompt you to restore from backup.
(4) Otherwise, Control-click on your iPhone under DEVICES in the left menu.
(5) Select Restore From Backup...
(6) Choose the backup you wish to sync and click the Restore button.
2. You will be prompted by Setup Assistant by a new iPhone to set up as a new phone or restore from backup.
how to restore deleted photos from iPhone
(1) Make sure your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi and plugged into the charger.
(2) Select the option Restore From iCloud Backup.
(3) Enter your iCloud account and password.
(4) Choose the recent backup you wish to restore to your iPhone.
(5) Enter any passwords required when prompted.
Or you can use some third-party programs like iPhone Data Recovery. Here is a guide for you: how to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone
Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by Bomebome: 10:30am On Apr 23, 2015
HOW TO COMPLETELY DELETE A TEXT MESSAGE

1 – Always sync your phone with iTunes.

2 – Remove Spotlight Message Search
Spotlight cant look for items when you specify it to stay away from. You can control what apps Spotlight can or can not look into. To change your settings go to:
Settings
General
Spotlight Search
Scroll to the bottom and uncheck “Messages”
While you are at it, you can uncheck any other application that you don’t want Spotlight to sniff into.

3 – Erase All Content & Settings
This is the most radical step that you can take. It goes without saying that this option, like the name suggests, will erase everything from your phone. Just make sure all your important information is already backed up. This will delete your music, email, apps, pictures and everything else. To do a complete content erase follow these steps:
Settings
General
Reset
Tap “Erase all content and settings”
Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by Bomebome: 10:33am On Apr 23, 2015
HOW TO COMPLETELY DELETE A TEXT MESSAGE

1 – Always sync your phone with iTunes.

2 – Remove Spotlight Message Search
Spotlight cant look for items when you specify it to stay away from. You can control what apps Spotlight can or can not look into. To change your settings go to:
Settings
General
Spotlight Search
Scroll to the bottom and uncheck “Messages”
While you are at it, you can uncheck any other application that you don’t want Spotlight to sniff into.

3 – Erase All Content & Settings
This is the most radical step that you can take. It goes without saying that this option, like the name suggests, will erase everything from your phone. Just make sure all your important information is already backed up. This will delete your music, email, apps, pictures and everything else. To do a complete content erase follow these steps:
Settings
General
Reset
Tap “Erase all content and settings”

But you can also try iPhone Data Recovery when you want to deleted text messages on iPhone.
Read more:http://www.transfer-iphone-recovery.com/recover-deleted-sms-from-iphone.html
Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by DaveWest: 7:54am On Jul 22, 2015
Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by puestsia: 7:25am On Jul 31, 2015
Well, I think that all the deleted data can be recovered including the messages, because all the lost data are still located in your iPhone before they are overwritten. Thus, if you don't overwrite the data, with the help of some useful FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery software, there are chances for you to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone.
Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by DaveWest: 7:37am On Sep 01, 2015
Here I've also found a guide about how to recover deleted messages from iPhone.
Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by CraigJoubert: 4:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
How to retrieve deleted messages? I suggest that you use iPhone data recovery software.
Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by cidymiki: 11:10am On Dec 31, 2015
Accidentally deleted SMS text messages on your iPhone 6? Have a broken iPhone 6 or even lost your iDevice? No matter why your data's in jeopardy, This Free iPhone Data Recovery gets it all back on iPhone 6. The software is an easy-to-use and powerful iOS data recover software for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS user. It supports the latest iOS 8.3 too. The upgrade facilitates full data recovery from all iOS Device.

Find text messages on your iPhone missing or have deleted text messages from your iPhone accidentally? Keep your shirts on! You can fix it! But keep in mind, the sooner the better result you'll get. Otherwise, you'll never see these deleted text messages again. The iPhone Data Recovery is a professional iPhone deleted text recovery tool that tells you how recover iPhone lost data directly. It offers you 3 options to recover your text messages: recover messages directly from iPhone, extract iPhone messages from iTunes backup and retrieve iPhone text messages from iCloud backup (iOS 8 iCloud backup file is not supported yet currently. The support version comes soon).

Read the use guides: Restore Deleted SMS from iPhone 6s on Mac

Moreover, the best iOS Data Recovery can help you easily recover data that you thought you'd lost forever, such as Camera Roll, Photo Stream, Photo Library, Contacts, Message Attachments, Call History, Calendar, Notes, Voice Memos, Reminders and Safari Bookmarks! It offers you three kinds of recovery mode to recover data from iPhone, iPad and iPod touch: to recover data directly from the iOS device and to retrieve previous data by extracting it from iTunes and iCloud backup!

To get back deleted messages from iPhone 6, there are three ways for you: recover messages directly from iPhone, restore iPhone messages from iTunes backup and retrieve iPhone text messages from iCloud backup.

Read more: how to recover deleted contacts from iPhone 6s

Recover iPhone Data after Factory Settings Reset
Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by selion(m): 10:26am On Jan 13, 2016
smileyFree Ways to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone 6s after Factory Settings Restore wink

Mistakenly deleting Text Messages from iPhone often happens in our daily life. It is quite difficult but possible to recover deleted SMS messages on iPhone. If you have backuped iPhone data on iTunes or iCloud, you can restore from that. Otherwise, you will need to use third apps to retrieve deleted Text Messages on iPhone. Here are some useful and free ways to recover deleted Text Messages on iPhone 6s/6/5s/5c/5/4s/4.

Retrieve deleted Text Messages with Free iPhone Recovery (Preferred Way)

There is a preferred way to recover deleted SMS directly from iPhone with free software which won't erase or overwrite device, no matter you don't have a backup file before deletion.

Here, Free iPhone Recovery is recommended to you. Just download it and have a try!

Video Guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2Y_6zv1RrQ

Step by step guide:
1. Launch the tool and select Messages, then go next.

2. Connect your iPhone to computer, then go next.
3. Scan and retrieve deleted SMS from iPhone and from iTunes backup if you have one on the PC.

4. Preview and click on Recover bottom to export SMS messages.

More free tips:
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone Free

Source:
How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone for Free
Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by dianagloria: 9:15am On Jan 14, 2016
To recover deleted SMS from iPhone, I'd like to recommend you iPhone Data Recovery. It provides three recovery modes, so you can recover lost sms, contacts, notes, photos and more from iPhone, iTunes Backup files and iCloud backup files.
Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by ghyjrdfgg: 3:56am On Jun 18, 2016
iPhone SMS recovery software currently supports SMS recovery from iPhone 6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4s/4/3gs, all iPads and iPod touch 4G/5G.

How to Recover iPhone Data after iOS 10 Upgrade

How to Recover Lost iPhone whatsapp messsages after iOS 10 Upgrade
Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by littlel06: 10:54am On Jul 04, 2016
You can restore lost SMS from iPhone after factory settings restore with iPhone Data Recovery,both can help you recover lost data from iPhone 6(plus), iPhone 6s(plus), iPhone SE,iPhone 7 with iOS 9 and iOS 10 directly,it provides you three ways to recover iPhone lost data:directly recover data from iPhone; extract and restore data from iTunes backup; and retrieve data from iCloud backup.The iPhone Data Recovery allows to recover Contacts,Photos,Text Messages,Videos,Apps,Videos,etc on iPhone.

How to restore lost SMS from iPhone after factory settings restore

How to restore lost SMS from iPhone after iOS upgrade
Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by Amamdachen: 6:59am On Aug 31, 2016
If you mistakenly deleted messages on a Samsung phone or other Android phones, you can use FoneLab Android Data Recovery app to recover the lost data. Besides, you can use this program to back up your Android data to your computer.
Re: How To Recover Iphone SMS After Factory Settings Restore by Amamdachen: 11:24am On Sep 02, 2016
Hello, you can restore from iCloud backup or from iTunes backup. Or there is a better way to do this. Use a third-party tool called FoneLab for iOS which is able to help you restore deleted texts from backup files or from the device directly. You can have a try.

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Xtracash: How To Borrow Real Money From MTN / Unlock Icloud And Track Your Lost Phone / Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.