Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,580 members, 7,958,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:42 AM

How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste (9559 Views)

How Smoking Weed Affects Women's Vagina / How Smoking Prematurely Ages The Skin (photos) / THIS IS HOW SMOKING KILLS YOU 1. (BY CAUSING HIGH BP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by Estimable(m): 6:57am On Sep 02, 2014
Smokers are liable to die young......most find it hard to quit in naija cos they believe being in Nigeria its hell already....
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by PastorOluT(m): 6:58am On Sep 02, 2014
Smile, even when it was said tobacco smoking is dangerous to health, nobody paid attention. Changed it to smokers are liable to die young, still nothing. Now this, this do little 'cos who cares about taste many would think.
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by chamboy(m): 7:01am On Sep 02, 2014
This some thread for Pastors and Alfa ***am out***
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by neuljosh(m): 7:05am On Sep 02, 2014
temigracie: ...Although smoking has some advantages.....but its disadvantages supercedes its advantages....

..It is better people stop smoking....it causes more harm than good...

..upon all the awareness....even with what the cigarette industry usually write about smokers.....you still see people smoking their life away

Didn't know smoking had any advantage. Do u mind expanding on that?
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by omoadeleye(m): 7:07am On Sep 02, 2014
since all dx years una jst dey discover am?
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by johnjay4u2u(m): 7:10am On Sep 02, 2014
they won't hear.
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 02, 2014
That's why I avoid cigarette like plague. But love me reefer.
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 02, 2014
neuljosh:

Didn't know smoking had any advantage. Do u mind expanding on that?
..According the research, scientist concluded that smoking actually has health benefits.....
1. It lowers risk of knee replacement
2. It lowers risk of obesity
3. It lowers risk of Parkinson's disease Reference: google....

Ps: it is better to quit smoking...the health benefits might not be seen
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by Pvin: 7:24am On Sep 02, 2014
Hmmmm! Little wonder why I can use a packet of sugar in my tea without getting any taste and am only one who dont know that alomo is bitter.
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by neuljosh(m): 7:39am On Sep 02, 2014
temigracie: ..According the research, scientist concluded that smoking actually has health benefits.....
1. It lowers risk of knee replacement
2. It lowers risk of obesity
3. It lowers risk of Parkinson's disease Reference: google....

Ps: it is better to quit smoking...the health benefits might not be seen

I see...Apparently everything that has disadvantage also got some advantage and vice versa.

PS: thanks for the advice but u see I don't smoke and defiantly not planning too.
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 02, 2014
neuljosh:

I see...Apparently everything that has disadvantage also got some advantage and vice versa.

PS: thanks for the advice but u see I don't smoke and obviously not planning too.
...you are welcome, sir...

Thats good.....

1 Like

Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by dantewest: 7:49am On Sep 02, 2014
Weird to see lots of non smokers here with their self righteous posts.

I hope you feel better now.

As for we smokers, this update is just an affirmation to the obvious. Abi?

2 Likes

Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by elbinmanny(m): 7:53am On Sep 02, 2014
Nonsensical nonsense post cheesy
#TeamDorchester grin
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by Shalome(m): 7:54am On Sep 02, 2014
Still smoke my mary jane...still healthy
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by elbinmanny(m): 7:55am On Sep 02, 2014
Estimable: Smokers are liable to die young......most find it hard to quit in naija cos they believe being in Nigeria its hell already....
undecided

Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by valicious1(m): 7:56am On Sep 02, 2014
Benefits of smoking

So we all know and are well aware of
the effects of smoking. In fact,
governments are working hard to
reduce the amount of places where
you can smoke. That still doesn’t mean
there aren’t advantages to lighting up
everyone once in a while.
In fact, science is showing that short-
term exposure to cigarette smoke can
have surprising benefits. From mental
stimulation to physical transformation,
smokers themselves are aware of a lot
of these lesser-known impacts of
tobacco.
Millions try for years to quit smoking,
and for many it is just not an option.
With workplace stress or physical
dependency, it’s difficult for the
majority of smokers to give it up. For
those who have tried and failed to kick
the habit, let these scientific words of
encouragement ease your pain.
Here are just a few of these unknown
benefits of smoking cigarettes based
on recent scientific studies.
1. Weight loss
Perhaps more obvious to many,
tobacco suppresses the body’s appetite
and overall desire to eat for brief
periods of time. For those who are
excessively overweight and for those
who battle over-eating disorders,
tobacco has proven to show that there
are direct benefits to smoking
cigarettes.
2. Relaxant
Again, like weight loss, one of the main
reasons people take up or continue
smoking cigarettes is because it relaxes
them during stressful periods.
Although people have suggested taking
up alternative habits to coping with
stress, smoking is undoubtedly the
most common method to relieving
anxiety and stress for a short term.
3. Mental stimulation
Related to Benefit of Smoking #3 is the
mental advantages of smoking you get.
Nicotine – contained in all cigarettes –
has been proven to stimulate the
release of dopamine, a chemical
contained in the brain that releases
euphoric bouts of pleasure. Smokers
often combat stress with smoking and
in turn increase levels of happiness
and pleasure for a brief period of time
before the chemical subsides.
4. Lower risk of death following a heart
attack
A recent study showed that another
benefit to smoking cigarettes is that
cigarette smokers appear to have a
lower likelihood of death following a
heart attack. Evidence also shows that
smokers who do have heart attacks
seem to have less dangerous heart
attacks than non-smokers. Some
studies have also shown that smokers
respond more positively to post-heart
attack treatment than non-smokers.
Of course, these studies are likely
flawed because heart disease may be
linked to the very act of smoking itself,
but it’s a nice thought if you’re a
smoker, isn’t it?
5. Lower risk or impacts of mental
illness
Evidence also shows that a significant
amount of patients diagnosed with
schizophrenia use tobacco as a way to
self-medicate. This reduces impacts of
the disease and inhibits frequency of
episodes. Smoking has also indirectly
been shown to reduce the risk of
mental illnesses such as Alzheimers
and dementia.
6. Lowers risk of neurological disease
Prominent studies have shown
smokers as less likely to suffer from
neurological diseases such as
Parkinson’s. Longer-term smokers, as it
seems, appear to be virtually immune
from contracting the disease, as
opposed to short-term or non-
smokers.
7. Lowers risk of need for knee-
replacement
In a more specific area of the body,
smoking has shown in scientific studies
to reduce the likelihood that smokers
will require knee-replacement
procedures. Of course, the most likely
explanation for this finding is that the
majority of those requiring knee-
replacement surgeries were joggers or
rigorous athletes; a description that
doesn’t exactly fit traditional smokers.
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 02, 2014
temigracie: ...Although smoking has some advantages.....but its disadvantages supercedes its advantages....

..It is better people stop smoking....it causes more harm than good...

..upon all the awareness....even with what the cigarette industry usually write about smokers.....you still see people smoking their life away
supercede huh.
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by Oyee23(m): 8:08am On Sep 02, 2014
Smoker may inherit the kingdom of God. Bewarn !
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 02, 2014
LMAyedun:

And which is a wrong smoke? grin
tobacco, weed, etc.
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by habex005(m): 8:21am On Sep 02, 2014
let me go and ask my smoker friend...
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by elbinmanny(m): 8:23am On Sep 02, 2014
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by elbinmanny(m): 8:24am On Sep 02, 2014
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 02, 2014
People who smoke weed are liable to think like gods and I like pple who smoke weed cus of their character
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by jeffizy(m): 9:17am On Sep 02, 2014
wulzyp: Why not stopping them from producing this cigarette? undecided
Your grammar is smoking.!

1 Like

Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by hardbody: 9:32am On Sep 02, 2014
nnadychuks: i wonder why idiots won't quit smoking. What is in that cigarratte that they cant find in the odour of oil beans eh?

Does the fact that you do not smoke make other smokers idiots? So much for maturity and self discipline.

1 Like

Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by Mckandre(m): 9:34am On Sep 02, 2014
that is if only I smoke.
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by hardbody: 9:37am On Sep 02, 2014
dantewest: Weird to see lots of non smokers here with their self righteous posts.

I hope you feel better now.

As for we smokers, this update is just an affirmation to the obvious. Abi?

Bros don't mind them. I guess non smokers live forever. All the people that die everyday are smokers. Nonesense and ingredients talking.

1 Like

Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by nnadychuks(m): 9:39am On Sep 02, 2014
hardbody:

Does the fact that you do not smoke make other smokers idiots? So much for maturity and self discipline.
they are idiots cos smoking won't add anything to their lives
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by nnadychuks(m): 9:40am On Sep 02, 2014
hardbody:

Bros don't mind them. I guess non smokers live forever. All the people that die everyday are smokers. Nonesense and ingredients talking.
go ahead and smoke your heart off
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by Makana14(f): 9:52am On Sep 02, 2014
wulzyp: Why not stopping them from producing this cigarette? undecided
Even if dey stp dem, marijuana stil dey. Afterall it doesnt need to be refined or filtered by any company. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Global Diabetes Compact: WHO Announces New Programme On World Diabetes Day / Lassa Fever Resurfaces In Abeokuta; One Person Dead Already / Total Cure For Staph (30days Treatment)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.