Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste (9465 Views)

How Smoking Weed Affects Women's Vagina / How Smoking Prematurely Ages The Skin (photos) / THIS IS HOW SMOKING KILLS YOU 1. (BY CAUSING HIGH BP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
submit:

holla brother! What's your definition of christainity

obeying God's laws and following the teachings of his son; jesus christ who died for us on the cross!
christ- the son of God, christian- followers of christ, christianity- Religion based on the teachings and miracles of Jesus

http://carm.org/what-is-christianity

so whats your point?
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by submit: 8:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
nawaooo:

obeying God's laws and following the teachings of his son; jesus christ who died for us on the cross!
christ- the son of God, christian- followers of christ, christianity- Religion based on the teachings and miracles of Jesus

http://carm.org/what-is-christianity

so whats your point?

So you had to surf the net to tell us what you are. It says a lot.
Lol..

So talk to me, as a christain you are expected to defile god's temple with what you find it hard to stop doing.

Sorry..that's me joking. Ignore me jhor!
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
submit:

So you had to surf the net to tell us what you are. It says a lot.
Lol..

So talk to me, as a christain you are expected to defile god's temple with what you find it hard to stop doing.

Sorry..that's me joking. Ignore me jhor!

#Maturity#

Point of correction kid, I gave that from my point of view, then I sent d site to make it clearer to you, in case u find it hard to understand!

Yes, my body is the temple of d holy spirit!

I know I have sinned n I'm trying so hard to stop sinning! I also pray so hard to stop, but it does not warrant u to be my judge!

The same bible says; judge not!

Do u think u are any better?

I'm a christian n a smoker, therefore, it should robbed on my face! I should be crucified for it!!

Kid, go back to ur pastor n tell him to teach u, to be a good christian!

If u were to be God, u would have cleared mankind off d earth!
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by submit: 6:39pm On Sep 04, 2014
nawaooo:

#Maturity#

Point of correction kid, I gave that from my point of view, then I sent d site to make it clearer to you, in case u find it hard to understand!

Yes, my body is the temple of d holy spirit!

I know I have sinned n I'm trying so hard to stop sinning! I also pray so hard to stop, but it does not warrant u to be my judge!

The same bible says; judge not!

Do u think u are any better?

I'm a christian n a smoker, therefore, it should robbed on my face! I should be crucified for it!!

Kid, go back to ur pastor n tell him to teach u, to be a good christian!

If u were to be God, u would have cleared mankind off d earth!

You still don't get it dad, I don't believe the crap you are saying. I also don't believe in "enslaving" myself in delusion. LOL

See through what am saying, dad. It has been a joke from the begining but am begining to get a bigger laff cos you are taking things too seriously.

Dad, of what use is "assuming" He understands, when He isn't there?
Look at you! "I'm a christain n a smoker.."
your pastor would be proud DAD.
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
submit:

You still don't get it dad, I don't believe the crap you are saying. I also don't believe in "enslaving" myself in delusion. LOL

See through what am saying, dad. It has been a joke from the begining but am begining to get a bigger laff cos you are taking things too seriously.

Dad, of what use is "assuming" He understands, when He isn't there?
Look at you! "I'm a christain n a smoker.."
your pastor would be proud DAD.

Alrite, I concur! Don't believe!
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by Rhea12: 7:09am On Sep 09, 2014
Jayclinics: Inasmuch as smoking has so many other bad effects to the body such as cancer and cardiovascular disease. It might sound funny also to read that smoking affects the sense of taste. Dulling the sense of taste. A proved scientific report has recommended that people that rely on their sense of taste should try not to acquire the smoking habit. Example, perfumers, cooks, coffee cuppers etc. Also people that value their sense of taste so much, of course everybody will but not every smoker will be willing to give up their smoking habits to keep their sense of taste functioning properly.

Of course we all know that the power of taste lies on the tongue. This power is found on the small taste buds found on the tongue. Let us take a brief look into the anatomy and physiology behind this taste buds and how they work together with the nervous system to bring about the taste that we all experience whenever we shove a spoonful of anything eatable into the mouth.

The taste buds are sensory taste receptors found on the tongue, throat, and palate that helps bring about the feeling of taste. There are about 10,000 taste buds in an average person’s mouth and throat, the number is quiet increased during childhood and goes down a slope throughout life. Hence, the sense of taste of a toddler will be more powerful than that of a 40 years old man. The taste buds grow around some tiny projections of epithelium that occupy the surface of the tongue. This epithelium is called papillae. They help increase the surface area of the tongue, helps to keep the movement of food around the mouth and finally it protects the taste buds. Taste buds fix themselves around these papillae with their surface exposed so as to easily come in contact with the soluble chemicals dissolved in our saliva. These chemicals are called testants. The taste buds absorb the chemicals which strike up an impulse that is transferred to the gustatory center of the brain through neurons. The taste buds are known to detect the five elements of taste thus: Salty, sour, bitter and sweet and uremia.

According to a scientific study which was published in a journal called BMC ear, nose and throat disorders. Smoking can affect the shape of these taste buds, flattening them and making reduces the absorption of the testants. Smoking also reduces the blood supply to the tongue.

SOURCE
i havnt heard of any positive effect of smoking, all negative. I wonda what kind of joy they get from it
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by weareSAI: 10:18am On Sep 09, 2014
On the occasion of World Arthritis Day, Surgery Assistance India joins hands with one of the best hospitals in India to offer Knee Replacement Surgery for $6,000 because cost should be the least of your worries when considering a life improving surgery. To know more, register here.

Regards,
Swati
Surgery Assistance India
info@surgeryassistanceindia.com
surgeryassistanceindia@gmail.com
www.surgeryassistanceindia.com
+91 9611807624

1 Share

Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by Bonethugss: 11:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
It you have having difficulties quitting, why not try electronic cigarettes... www.goldcig.co.uk
The healthier choice......
Re: How Smoking Cigarette Can Destroy Your Sense Of Taste by reyvape: 11:27am On Mar 20, 2018
Hello, i will advise you to get nicotine gums and an ecigarette that contains a significant amount of nicotine to help him quit smoking.
you can check on [url]reyvape.com[/url] , nigeria number one smoking accessories store

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Medical Students To Study Traditional Medicine / HealthPally.com on ALOMO Bitters' Ingredients| Functions| Dosage| effect / COVID-19: Over 118,000 Cases In Africa, 48,000 Recoveries & 3,500 Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.