Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,993 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria (68741 Views)

Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money / Hottest Ways Of Making Cool Money Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by jahbiz: 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
crudedude:

In fact, all the bets.

The sudden proliferation of these bet shops is alarming.
There are more bet shops in my street than number of human beings.

3 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
cheesy...I can imagine smiley
philclem: angry angry I SWEAR! But it doesn't go down we'll with me cause I can't say no to her when she sees something she likes angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
Buying brazillian/peruvian hair...that guys don't know the difference...lol
When you can easily braid/fix skullcap and look sweet kiss
bukatyne:
Well, if you do not like the material, don't buy (Easier said than done angry).
You can wear the natives to Church/Mosque or other functions.
I so much agree with you, if I don't like the material I don't buy!
My friends know my pattern already, if the material ain't classy I'm not buying. Instead just tell me the color of the day, i would sew it the way I want and come. That's the kinda asoebi i do now , the 1s we are shown sample/shade of the material/style.
It actually comes out more beautiful in my eyes sef.

2 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
panachuku:
500n how is dat expensive, hw much u go giv ur gf( hair money,credit, cloth cream money)
that 500n could put you in the trouble of STDs, HIV/AIDS, and Ebola.

2 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Crixina(f): 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
philclem: >sad >sad I SWEAR! But it doesn't go down we'll with me cause I can't say no to her when she sees something she likes >sad
this brother br forming money spender on top him girlfriend matter o undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Crixina(f): 5:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
LEXYCOM: Buying lumia 925(single sim) for 100k when I can buy lumia 630(double sim) for 28k......spend wise.
27 sef brother.
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
haemi:
that 500n could put you in the trouble of STDs, HIV/AIDS, and Ebola.
used to do it nt anymore, for your info dose gals dont fuk raw, and who says ones gf is fuking jst u, go siddon

8 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by henryobinna(m): 5:03pm On Sep 02, 2014
philclem: embarassedPaying 150 for a seat in MOLUE from Ojota to IKD when u can stand for 50 bucks embarassed embarassed angry
bro poverty is bad.

pray we never be poor.

GOD help me

6 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by keandre: 5:03pm On Sep 02, 2014
ochejoseph:
Wrong ! The twenty liter might be more expensive especially if it contains Salmonella ,treating typhoid dosent come cheap

lets hope it doesnt contains

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
ochejoseph:

2. Insisting on Designers, Labels, and Brands
From groceries to clothing to prescription drugs, you can save money by choosing an off-brand over a fancy label. And in many cases, you won't sacrifice much in quality. Clever advertising and fancy packaging don't make brand-name products better than lesser-known brands.
For example, generic drugs can cost as much as 80% less than their brand-name alternatives.

5. Maintaining a Fleet of Cars
Most people keep a fleet of car to show the world they have arrived , However they fail to realize that their cars start diminishing in value the moment they drove out of the show room . The Insurance ,licensing , and maintenance is an unnecessary expense for a vehicle you drive once in a month!

6. Multiple Girlfriends or Sugar Boys.
Women are wonderful creatures, history is replete with men who died because of women only to have those women become concubines of the men who killed their lovers .
A Man with a retinue of girlfriends will have to Buy Credit for Shade , change wardrobe for Ngozi and pay house rent for Fatima all these add up to keep the young mans account in perpetual red !
In the same vein women are reinventing slavery but this time on a different dimension, they have mastered the act of keeping "Bingos" whose only duty is allegiance to the Bosom of a woman old enough to be their mothers .
One peculiar thing about these "bingos" is the Fact that they have taste as such keeping many "Bingos" sometimes leave a tsunami effect on the bank account !

8. Not Pulling the Plug on Electronics
If you use a prepaid meter this is one of the reasons your credits develop wings.
Electronics that have a clock or operate by remote are typical culprits. The obvious way to pull the plug on your energy vampires is to do just that -- pull the plug. Or buy a device to do it for you, such as a Smart Strip Power Strip which will stop drawing electricity when the gadgets are turned off and pay for itself within a few months.

9.Buying at the Wrong time !
This mistake could some times have devastating effect Its is dangerous to Buy a Land or House during dry season because the area might be prune to floods or the Land could be waterlogged .
Building during raining season on the other hand also has some advantages
1. Cost of Building materials especially cement falls
2.Molding Blocks and water supply for concretes works could be made easier especially for those in arid areas

10. Borrower !
Pls Borrow me =N= 500,000 I have a business deal I must close tonight?
Many people have lost millions and made great and wicked enemies just because they choosed to help.
The wisdom here is never lend out an amount you are not willing to forget!

www.twitter.com/ochejoseph
\

Nothing more to add.

You said it all

/

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
Spending huge money on excessive make-up only to look like man-made human.

9 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by mediachirps(m): 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
You touched my heart most with this. "7. Leaving Your Money in a Low-
Interest Account
If you're stashing your cash in a
traditional savings account earning
next to nothing, you're wasting it.
Make sure you're getting the best
return on your money. Fix any
money you don't need and earn
good returns from your bank instead
of paying account management fees
to a bank which charges you for
using your money."

You've spoken well sir. fully observed.

3 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by awoononi(m): 5:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
philclem: I see u my Ajegule guy grin
lol grin

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by keandre: 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
tochilastborn: Paying T-fare for beautiful girls just to claim big dude

Buying anything for girls whenever they call me sweet names,(na dis one wreck me 4 secondary school)

nowadays na girls de spend 4 guys oo
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Lovexme(m): 5:09pm On Sep 02, 2014
Baba Ijebu grin
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by cocoberry(f): 5:09pm On Sep 02, 2014
Pm me joor fear fear!! U no wan spend ur money! Cocoberry is reasonable

zicoraads: Hahahahahahahahaha...true talk! That's why am stilll scared of sending a PM to cocoberry embarassed embarassed
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by ilotriouzAY(m): 5:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
OP,without betting,u av no list

9jabet,nairabet,merrybet,surebet etc

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
Ramon92: Nairabet
Sounds like experience...lol.
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by dwilliams: 5:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
Crixina: I feel ur pain brother grin
if I pray make I de send girl wey I nova chop her pomo or wey I don chop her pomo pass three times
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by mocmike(m): 5:11pm On Sep 02, 2014
Try to define the class u r directing dis to. Cos Most of your points are just poverty mentality. A handy dude will prefer to buy gala at a higher cost in a trusted supermarket in d vi, than buying d same gala at oshodi at cheaper rate n risk his life to expired gala. Most of ur type will want to save money n end up buying fufu in place of android phone at oshodi

5 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by san316(m): 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
Normally, a bulk 6f our money is spent on things we don't need. We dwell on vanity and lose track of the real essence. It is human nature, you can't fight it, even if you do, yo can't win.

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by LEXYCOM: 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
Crixina: 27 sef brother.
u don't mean it, 27k?.......so dis my junior brother that I sent to price the fone for me want to dupe me of 1k.....

9 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by tonyx4x44(m): 5:13pm On Sep 02, 2014
malikmoreni:

Used the color option and got the HEX value of the Nairaland Post Background and replaced it, that made the text blend Cool Hunh?

[size=28pt]DONT COPY IT, ITS MY STYLE angry angry[/size]

NB: Highlight to see Hidden Text

cool cool

and it's going to be copied; what good is a style without fans?

don't worry you will be in the references

cool cool

[size=24pt]COPIED[/size] cool cool cool

N.B: highlight to view text

sauce:malikmoreni

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by keandre: 5:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
buyin alobam shirt 4 5000 in boutique while 4 bend dwn select na 500
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
KillerBeauty: Eating in a fast food restaurant instead of cooking your own food
See your life...what is wrong with that?
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Psalmpy(m): 5:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
Pay for playing ps2 at a play station when u can play free soccer on ur Nokia touch light..
I hail o ...naija

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Crixina(f): 5:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
The only way not to lose money daily in this country is to just die,cos as long as u re alive,u will,Una don Eva see person lock himself for house so that him no go spend unnecessary Money,but money matter go come knock door say abeg come out.

4 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by LONGFELLOW02(m): 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
melifew213: maintaining a girlfriend in Abuja is expensive. anyway what do i know

U're right
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by code11(m): 5:22pm On Sep 02, 2014
guy if you are broke don't post rubbish here!!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 02, 2014
KillerBeauty: Eating in a fast food restaurant instead of cooking your own food

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Exchange Rate Of Naira To Other African Currencies / Meet Mammy Ochefu The Woman Who Started Mammy Market In Soldiers Barracks / Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.