Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,307 members, 7,822,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi (28465 Views)

Tom Ikimi Arrested By EFCC - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Overthrew Shagari Over $2.8b Oil Scam: Tinubu Wants APC VP Slot – Ikimi / Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by farem: 10:49am On Sep 02, 2014
The former minister particularly blamed Mr. Tinubu for frustrating his ambition to become the party’s national chairman. Read Mr. Ikimi’s allegations here. Mr. Tinubu has now responded, describing Mr. Ikimi as a man with an awful past who could not be trusted with the leadership of the party.

Tinubu Media Office Lagos-Nigeria,
August 31st, 2014
Reply to Chief Tom Ikimi.

I ordinarily would not have responded to Tom Ikimi’s lengthy chronicle of falsehoods, cheap blackmail and abuse. My only reason for this response is that I know Tom Ikimi’s style. He subscribes to the view that no matter how unbelievable a lie may sound if you brazenly assert it and repeat it often enough you may persuade many that it is in fact true. I have seen Ikimi perpetrate this deviousness in his years in public life.

1. Regarding Ikimi’s bid for the Chairmanship of the Party. It was clear to practically everyone who had the interest of the party at heart that we simply could not have a man of Tom Ikimi’s antecedents as Chair of the party. As chairman of the NRC, one of the only two political parties in the country under the military transition programme, Tom Ikimi not only connived with the then military regime to annul the elections, terminate the democratic process and sell off his party. He became Abacha’s foreign minister, convincing the world that heinous state murders like the hanging of Ken Saro Wiwa were just acts! If Ikimi were the Chair of APC the party would have to sleep with both eyes open lest its chairman sell off the party before day break .No matter what anyone may say about me it is unlikely that I can be accused of supporting incompetent or morally light-weight individuals for important political positions. My philosophy is to put the best forward, men and women of competence and integrity, who can stand up to us politicians to challenge us and say no when necessary. Such people are not noisy or able to gain attention by being loud, I believe my role is to do all I can to project them. Who in their right mind would compare the highly principled Chief Bisi Akande, or Chief Oyegun with a Tom Ikimi? Either of these two men are known for their no-nonsense styles, not once in their careers would you hear that they betrayed a cause or were anybody’s stooge.

2. Ikimi also concocts a story of a meeting he claims I had with Deziani on the Oando/ ConocoPhillips transaction on the eve of the APC Convention. Only a Tom Ikimi can come up with the absurd falsehood that on the eve of the APC Convention when I was in crucial meetings practically round the clock I was meeting with the Minister for Petroleum! What exactly would have been the point of such a meeting especially on the eve of the Convention? Was it to prevent Tom Ikimi from emerging as Chairman of the APC? To what end? Of what value would it be to anyone except Ikimi himself? Besides if this was so why he is back to the same party that purportedly planned his down fall?

What is the Oando/ConocoPhillips transaction anyway? For those who do not know this is a private sale of the assets of ConocoPhillips to Oando. It was not patronage of any kind from the Federal government. The Federal government’s involvement was merely to formally consent to the sale. I was not involved and I have never been involved in any of Oando’s transactions.

Typically he plays on the fact that Wale Tinubu of Oando is my nephew. Oando has been thoroughly investigated by South African and British authorities in the past 5 years as part of the process of listing the company on the stock exchanges of those countries. Those rigorous and comprehensive investigations conducted by the governments and risk control investigators are to discover the actual ownership of shares in the company. Politically exposed persons like myself are prime targets for those investigations. All these investigations have shown that I have no investments in Oando. My public position on the entire transaction is that if an indigenous Nigerian oil and gas entity run by young serious minded Nigerians raise money transparently in the international capital markets to purchase private assets of a multi-national the Federal government ought to give its consent. That it took so long is shameful. The Conoco/Phillips transaction was a $1.7 billion dollars investment in Nigeria that would create more jobs,witness the establishment of allied industries and make the Nigerian Economy more attractive. I would have been extremely proud to have made such a transaction possible.

3. Regarding the nonsense about selling out on Ribadu. I think common sense should dictate that if ever such a deal were reached we would have had to inform our members in all the States. How could that have been done secretly? How do you tell hundreds of thousands of people not to vote for your own party without it becoming public knowledge?

At the formation of the APC, a crucial debate ensued about what to do about persons like Ikimi who had done awful things in the past, but who were now minded to align with the progressive tendency in Nigerian politics. Should we forever blacklist them? This would have been the easiest route, but it would have kept rancour alive. It would have made us slaves to the bleakest chapters of our past. Instead we opted to extend the hand of brotherhood, reconcile and put the past behind us. This would enable a broader political consensus, while also giving the likes of Ikimi an opportunity to atone for their grievous wrongs against the people and be rehabilitated.

We recognized that many leading Nigerians had committed acts of shame. Some for private profit, others who were otherwise decent people who had become prisoners to a terrible system.

Not surprisingly, Ikimi acting true to type abuse that magnanimity. He was never sincerely committed to the party. He was always playing out a PDP script. He only wanted the chairmanship of the party as a bargaining chip for negotiations with his benefactors. His defection purportedly on account of the loss of the chairmanship of the party is a mere subterfuge, once his ploy failed he had no other objective within the party, I knew he would go back to his sponsors. He is back in the company he deserves. And APC is better for it.

-Bola Ahmed Tinubu -

See more at: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/featured-news/167633-tinubu-tears-apart-ikimi-says-hes-a-devious-man-with-an-awful-past.html#sthash.hlHzkt6c.dpuf

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 02, 2014
Nonsense write -up cheesy

37 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by ibdeals1(m): 10:54am On Sep 02, 2014
ok..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by Gbawe: 10:59am On Sep 02, 2014
Brilliant rebuttal to the attention-seeking midchief of Ikimi.

145 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by lakpalakpa: 11:00am On Sep 02, 2014
Ikimi can go and die, he is of no value to APC.

Please go back to the killer-party.

grin

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by ITbomb(m): 11:03am On Sep 02, 2014
If you read in between the lines, you would notice that Tinubu has actually confirm most of what Ikimi wrote.
1. Subversion of democratic tenets to edge out those not in your payroll and impose those you think are 'good' people.
2. Knowledge of Oando transaction. Running around the simple question of whether he attended the said meeting or not.
3. Formation of APC and the party leader (sic).

59 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by kultimate009: 11:05am On Sep 02, 2014
Delirious supporters of APC..... GEJ till .....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by EddyNumerouno(m): 11:07am On Sep 02, 2014
is there a "yawning" smiley?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by ruffp: 11:12am On Sep 02, 2014
@ ITbomb, pls expantiate

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by ruffp: 11:20am On Sep 02, 2014
@ITbomb.....he supports certain candidates over others dont mean imposition.....does it? 2. Whether he has kn2 of the oando deal still doesn't make him an owner....and it also doesn't erase the overall objective of adding value to the economy. And how does that affect anything in the 1st place...or r u implying he is being 'settled'? 3. Did the PDP materialize from heaven or was it a committee of men that had previously ripped this country apart in time past? I am yet to understand ur point..........

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by glinty: 11:27am On Sep 02, 2014
Medicine after death. The deed is already done. No amount of blackmail or backlash will fill the void Tom Ikimi left.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by Idrico(m): 11:33am On Sep 02, 2014
@Moderator,please take to front page plsssssssssssss.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by chemali: 11:33am On Sep 02, 2014
ITbomb: If you read in between the lines, you would notice that Tinubu has actually confirm most of what Ikimi wrote.
1. Subversion of democratic tenets to edge out those not in your payroll and impose those you think are 'good' people.
2. Knowledge of Oando transaction. Running around whether he attended the said meeting or not.

If you read the news, the information Tinubu gave on the Oando transaction is what everyone knew all this while. Also the fact that he puts his weight behind certain candidates doesn't make him anti democratic. The question is does he manipulate results to favour his candidates? And he obviously didn't say that, so I wonder where you got your conclusions.

63 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by egift(m): 11:35am On Sep 02, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin

If Ikimi were the Chair of APC the party would have to sleep with both eyes open lest its chairman sell off the party before day break

Only a Tom Ikimi can come up with the absurd falsehood

At the formation of the APC, a crucial debate ensued about what to do about persons like Ikimi who had done awful things in the past...Should we forever blacklist them? This would have been the easiest route, but it would have kept rancour alive......Instead we opted to extend the hand of brotherhood, reconcile and put the past behind us. This would enable a broader political consensus, while also giving the likes of Ikimi an opportunity to atone for their grievous wrongs against the people and be rehabilitated.

Not surprisingly, Ikimi acting true to type abuse that magnanimity. He was never sincerely committed to the party. He was always playing out a PDP script. He only wanted the chairmanship of the party as a bargaining chip for negotiations with his benefactors. His defection purportedly on account of the loss of the chairmanship of the party is a mere subterfuge, once his ploy failed he had no other objective within the party, I knew he would go back to his sponsors. He is back in the company he deserves. And APC is better for it.

Hate him or love him...Bola Tinubu knows his cards. Ikimi will regret the day he insulted Tinubu with that yeye article. PDP investment in him failed. Up APC. God bless Nigeria.

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by Sirniyeh(m): 11:40am On Sep 02, 2014
When you dont know the purpose of a thing, abuse is inevitable!
This is a transparent epistle. The wise will read and align his/her thinking progressively but the fo.ol will read and start trolling gabbages.
A yoruba adage says, "to avoid your eyes being punctured by the oncoming object, the eyes must look ahead and not down.
The fo.ols see progressive action as imposition. Who will open his/her eyes for log to enter?
Igi buruku ti o ba fe da pot OBE sonu, a ma yo kuro ni....

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by aljharem(m): 11:43am On Sep 02, 2014
Tinubu just confirmed with Tom Ikimi said.

They are all the same. Like Tinubu like Tom ikimi

Tom Ikimi is just a very shameless man running back to his vomit

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by Chigold101(m): 11:53am On Sep 02, 2014
lakpalakpa: Ikimi can go and die, he is of no value to APC.

Please go back to the killer-party.

grin
why is APC lossing members even before the main fight?

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by luvmijeje(f): 11:53am On Sep 02, 2014
No matter what anyone may say about me it is unlikely that I can be accused of supporting incompetent or morally light-weight individuals for important political positions. My philosophy is to put the best forward, men and women of competence and integrity, who can stand up to us politicians to challenge us and say no when necessary. Such people are not noisy or able to gain attention by being loud, I believe my role is to do all I can to project them. Who in their right mind would compare the highly principled Chief Bisi Akande, or Chief Oyegun with a Tom Ikimi? Either of these two men are known for their no-nonsense styles, not once in their careers would you hear that they betrayed a cause or were anybody’s stooge.

Phew! Nice rebuttal.

24 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by egift(m): 11:53am On Sep 02, 2014
ITbomb: If you read in between the lines, you would notice that Tinubu has actually confirm most of what Ikimi wrote.
2. Knowledge of Oando transaction. Running around whether he attended the said meeting or not.

If Ikimi were the Chair of APC the party would have to sleep with both eyes open lest its chairman sell off the party before day break.

His defection purportedly on account of the loss of the chairmanship of the party is a mere subterfuge, once his ploy failed he had no other objective within the party, I knew he would go back to his sponsors. He is back in the company he deserves. And APC is better for it.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by Demdem2: 11:56am On Sep 02, 2014
Excellent response from ojuyobo. Very concise and straight to the point as against the rumblings from Ikimi.

47 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by koboko69: 11:56am On Sep 02, 2014
Gbawe: Brilliant rebuttal to the attention-seeking midchief of Ikimi.

U can say that again. Tinubu is absolutely right especially with his num 1 reason judging by Ikimi's outburst simply because he thought APC was his private property, he couldn't have been trusted.

31 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by egift(m): 11:57am On Sep 02, 2014
Chigold101: why is APC lossing members even before the main fight?

PDP supporters are just mad that the Ikimi they sponsored to become APC Chairman did not work. God bless Tinubu and others for having foresight.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by koboko69: 11:58am On Sep 02, 2014
Keneking: Nonsense write -up cheesy
write up wasnt meant for block heads like u.

82 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by lekkie073(m): 12:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
glinty: Medicine after death. The deed is already done. No amount of blackmail or backlash will fill the void Tom Ikimi left.
which void? tom ikimi is a nonentity..... angry

32 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by egift(m): 12:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
Keneking: Nonsense write -up cheesy

PDP investment failed, stop crying. Jonathan and the members of his coven wanted to control the chairman's position in APC. It failed. Nigerians on the move to crush PDP. Up APC!

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by bright8(m): 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
That is the problem with APC members and supporters. Quick to abuse and term someone as ‘irrelevant’ to the ‘APC cause’. Empires and emperors have been annihilated by peasants. Don’t underestimate anybody has been my philosophy. A little can make a difference.

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by skyfall: 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
This makes sense to me.

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by aljharem(m): 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
Lol apc people sha. They love Tom Ikimi 4 months back. Now that he is in disagreement with Tinubu, he is corrupt and lacks integrity.

Who is decieving who

15 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by Demdem2: 12:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
No matter what anyone may say about me it is unlikely that I can be accused of supporting incompetent or morally light-weight individuals for important political positions. My philosophy is to put the best forward, men and women of competence and integrity, who can stand up to us politicians to challenge us and say no when necessary. Such people are not noisy or able to gain attention by being loud, I believe my role is to do all I can to project them.

This surely can't be faulted factually by his greatest critics. Kudos ojuyobo.

50 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by farem: 12:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
Sirniyeh: When you dont know the purpose of a thing, abuse is inevitable!
This is a transparent epistle. The wise will read and align his/her thinking progressively but the fo.ol will read and start trolling gabbages.
A yoruba adage says, "to avoid your eyes being punctured by the oncoming object, the eyes must look ahead and not down.
The fo.ols see progressive action as imposition. Who will open his/her eyes for log to enter?
Igi buruku ti o ba fe da pot OBE sonu, a ma yo kuro ni....
Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by farem: 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
[/color]
Demdem2: [color=#990000]No matter what anyone may say about me it is unlikely that I can be accused of supporting incompetent or morally light-weight individuals for important political positions. My philosophy is to put the best forward, men and women of competence and integrity, who can stand up to us politicians to challenge us and say no when necessary. Such people are not noisy or able to gain attention by being loud, I believe my role is to do all I can to project them.

This surely can't be faulted factually by his greatest critics. Kudos ojuyobo.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi by Demdem2: 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2014
aljharem: Lol apc people sha. They love Tom Ikimi 4 months back. Now that he is in disagreement with Tinubu, he is corrupt and lacks integrity.

Who is decieving who

At the formation of the APC, a crucial debate ensued about what to do about persons like Ikimi who had done awful things in the past...Should we forever blacklist them? This would have been the easiest route, but it would have kept rancour alive......Instead we opted to extend the hand of brotherhood, reconcile and put the past behind us. This would enable a broader political consensus, while also giving the likes of Ikimi an opportunity to atone for their grievous wrongs against the people and be rehabilitated

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Khadija Ibrahim Wins Mohammed Ibrahim In Contest For Yobe Federal Seat / Bukola And Toyin Saraki Celebrate 29th Wedding Anniversary (Throwback Photos) / "I Inherited All The Assets And Liabilities Of Buhari" - Tinubu (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.