Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home (25092 Views)

Delta Hospital Stockpiles Corpses In The Open (Pictured) / FG Bars Corpses Of Nigerians From Abroad / Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by omega2128(m): 9:37am On Sep 03, 2014
meforyou1: lagos is no man's land for sure. But our corpses get back to families' ancestral homes. We are not like all you stateless people.

First to show face-
You tally number is arrogant hypocrite 1.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by Akalia(m): 9:40am On Sep 03, 2014
tit: mayor,
make una just burn the corpses.
they will be a danger to public safety in the next one month.
you know this ebola spreads by geometric proportion.
one person can infect 20 people. and it takes about 21 days to show.
right now August nigeria has about 200 cases
by the end of september that would be 200 X 20 = 4000 cases (with 50% mortality).
by the end of October that would be 4000 X 20 = 80,000 cases
november is 80,000 X 20 = 1,600,000 that is one million lagosians!

by december, nobody will be able to keep count.
so now you have 1000 corpses, just make bonfire.
you can share the ashes.
why are u talking like this, the post didn't say d corpses are victims of EVD
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by guttentag(m): 9:45am On Sep 03, 2014
Statistic master, GEJ for employ u na

by the end of september that would be 200 X 20 = 4000 cases (with 50% mortality).

you can share the ashes.
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by experimentist: 9:50am On Sep 03, 2014
Make I jux comment..

Nawao! cry
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by publicenemy(m): 9:59am On Sep 03, 2014
penquin:

Penguin...wink
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 03, 2014
The solution is simple. Federal Government should set up Burial Squad. The family buys the coffin and hands over to the burial squad and a special sets of isolation ambulances with attendants takes the corpses to the villages alongside the family members. No one sees or touches these corpses. It is the duty of the burial squad to bury after the ceremony.

As for me, I no fit even enter hospital or go to burial or any social gathering until this ebola outbreak is over. And for you models and angels of massage that ring my phones every time, nothing for girls until ebola is over. No way!
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by master2(m): 10:12am On Sep 03, 2014
publicenemy: They should test those bodies before releasing them o...
release wetin?! Abeg govt should even create a window where corpes should be release on whatever ground. If they will not bury them where they died, govt should take possession and cremate them and hand ashes to the family.
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by landg: 10:14am On Sep 03, 2014
As I'm talking to u now, my mum's corpse is in the morgue. We can't take her to my villa BUT I'll still insist d GOVT IS RIGHT cos the LIVING IS BETTER THAN THE DEAD..
I think dy ll start screening of dead corpses after screening living cases...
Its painful but 1 must mak sacrifices to curtail the spread of the virus..
We had to shift my mum's burial date n might still shift it if d ban is nt lifted soon..
We evn trying to consider options of burying her in d state..Mind u she is IGBO n culture demands she's buried in my Father's place BUT Life is more precious dn CULTURE.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by emmalexabl(m): 10:20am On Sep 03, 2014
omega2128: I'm highly surprised,
this set of arrogant people claimed that Lagos is no man's land, Lagos is their birthright- now call Lagos foreign land.
No clearance for any dead body, its either bury here in Yoruba land or cremate. Shikena
Well, they are just ARROGANT HYPOCRITES

Quit speechifying......

LAGOS REMAINS NO MANS LAND TILL WE SAY OTHERWISE !!!

Eko oni baje oo

Oya go jump into the lagoon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by steeve123(m): 10:29am On Sep 03, 2014
Heaven help us help the dead to rest the physical body in peace. Ebola is seriously changing our way of life and tradition..... time has come for us to have a traditional constitutional review.
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 03, 2014
meforyou1: it will not make sense to you because you don't have culture. Our igbo corpses don't get left behind in strangers' lands. They will all surely get to their parents' or husbands' compounds.
lol,sounds hypocrisy to me.

They can hustle in a strange land,but won't be buried in a strange land..

Tell me something else.
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by bizngr(f): 10:59am On Sep 03, 2014
Pangea:

cheesy grin grin
Are you into Geography? Pangea: Super-continent of the Paleozoic and Mesozoic tectonic eras.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by debrihachi(f): 11:01am On Sep 03, 2014
MayorofLagos:

We have to respect Ibo tradition here...cant just burn them.

Typically when an ibo dies on foreign soil it takes two to three months in morgue before his loved ones collect enough money to transport the body home. Then his wife must go through the ritual of shaving head and when the body arrives and is washed she must drink the waste water.

If no one claims the bodies we will declare them abandoned and invite Obiano to make arrangements to receive them at Onitsha.
Rubbish!!!!!!! respect my azz
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by Seempliehuman(m): 11:02am On Sep 03, 2014
meforyou1: you think igbos are like you that don't have culture? No matter how long it takes, we will wait, and those corpses must go home
All groups in the world have cultures peculiar to them, and 'not having a culture' would also be a kind of culture.
Anyway, we Yorubas have a very vibrant and beautiful culture. The entire world is interested in our religion; our language is taught in Universities in America; our artifacts were loved and stolen by the Brits; our food is served in resturants across the world, etc.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by Pangea: 11:05am On Sep 03, 2014
bizngr: Are you into Geography? Pangea: Super-continent of the Paleozoic and Mesozoic tectonic eras.

grin grin grin wink

One world, One people and one continent,
My good lady!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by Seempliehuman(m): 11:12am On Sep 03, 2014
So you'll admit Lagos is "foreign soil" when there is no economic advantage to gain. Your dead need to get to Igboland before they can be buried, but your destitutes should not be sent away from Lagos so they can be rehabilitated with Igbo money.
Anyway, I agree that the government should decentralise the issuance of the necessary certificate, but your guy shouldnt have suggested that it should be cancelled if it was not decentralised. Because of a few burials...

1 Like

Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by bizngr(f): 11:20am On Sep 03, 2014
Pangea:

grin grin grin wink

One world, One people and one continent,
My good lady!
That was before the continental drift! The movement of the tectonic plates.

My cheeks widened on seeing your username... smiley Memories were revived. Oh Geography; my first love!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 03, 2014
Na wah oooooooooo

Anambra Adigo Mma
cheesy grin shocked cool cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by MayorofLagos(m): 11:42am On Sep 03, 2014
The relatives of these bodies are destitute in Lagos and cannot afford the cost of transportation to ship the bodies home.

The Governors of Ibo states need to intervene and help. They must hurry up and make arrangements to receive these dead bodies at their border town in Onitsha. It is not Lagos state responsibility to cater for the remains of non-indigenes abandoned in our morgues.

We refuse to cremate or bury these mass bodies in our facilities. If no family comes forward to claim the bodies and the SE governments do not act to collect these bodies we will prepare them for the sea.

We regret that that these bodies will not get the benefit of the usual rites reserved for spouses in Iboland but out of respect we will endeavor to bottle and tag the wash water individually and send to spouses to observe the rite of drinking corpse bath-water.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by erasokafor(m): 12:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
U don't discredit the ibos for holding unto their tradition. All I can say is that whr the professionals knw hw to test the bodies for ebola,they shld do so. The non ebola caused deaths shld be sent home while those affected shld be burnt. The mortuary is already filled with corpses n this can be harmful too. Let's not condemn d ibos but right channel of action by the government can be a remedy.
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by juwoonn(m): 12:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
eaglechild:
This is why your folks keep failing WAEC.

You lack the ability to separate fiction from fact.
OMG!!!
Pls this is too expensive.
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by juwoonn(m): 12:53pm On Sep 03, 2014
ifysimple:

You call it barbaric ba? Because its not your culture. If its your culture now it wont be barbaric. Some of you on this forum self, i dnt know when this tribal wars will stop. Its unfortunate!
If my culture makes me @risk of catching ebola or cholera, I will flee. Btw I hate some of my cultures esp d stupid ones. Culture shouldn't make one myopic.
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by Lilimax(f): 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
felifeli: But why dem dey come Lagos to die na ? Their villages no good to die ?
Nobody knows when or where he/she will die.
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by chuksmad(m): 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
MayorofLagos: The relatives of these bodies are destitute in Lagos and cannot afford the cost of transportation to ship the bodies home.

The Governors of Ibo states need to intervene and help. They must hurry up and make arrangements to receive these dead bodies at their border town in Onitsha. It is not Lagos state responsibility to cater for the remains of non-indigenes abandoned in our morgues.

We refuse to cremate or bury these mass bodies in our facilities. If no family comes forward to claim the bodies and the SE governments do not act to collect these bodies we will prepare them for the sea.

We regret that that these bodies will not get the benefit of the usual rites reserved for spouses in Iboland but out of respect we will endeavor to bottle and tag the wash water individually and send to spouses to observe the rite of drinking corpse bath-water.
You are an idiot
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by ifysimple(f): 1:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
juwoonn:
If my culture makes me @risk of catching ebola or cholera, I will flee. Btw I hate some of my cultures esp d stupid ones. Culture shouldn't make one myopic.

Yea, i m an Igbo girl. I just responded because of the way he spoke of the igbo culture. I personally do not support the topic.
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
If Fashola wants to cause another confusion,

Let him give order that the deady bodies should be cremated
cheesy grin cool tongue cheesy grin

Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by ifysimple(f): 1:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
Knighttemplar: On a normal circumstance why should a civilised tradition should be dranking corpse water or necessity for hair shaving, this is how epidemic spreads and they blame it on the gods or demand human sacrifice no wonder those white mofos saw this and called us a dark continent or even worse treated us like animals.

thats not exactly how it is. You have to confirm when you hear something like before believing what you heard.
Some people ONLY do that when they suspect that the person to drink the water killed the dead person. Its not even practised nowadays so you cant call it a civilized tradition. well, some cultures need changes no be small.
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by halfcurrent(m): 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2014

you can share the ashes.

good analysis

1 Like

Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by omakay(m): 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2014
This is a clear case of CULTURAL EMOTIONS and MODERN MEDICAL DECISION fighting each other.

If Nigeria were to be a country where hindu religion is majorly practiced, the decision on these bodies would have being met a long time ago.

I think the Igbo Community in Lagos and Officials of the Nigerian Medical Association should have a thorough dialogue on this issue. Several factors should be considered by both sides and i believe that a healthy conclusion would be reached.

Keeping those corpses in the mortuary for long won't solve the problem because more corpses will add up (ebola or no ebola)
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
MayorofLagos:

Then his wife must go through the ritual of shaving head and when the body arrives and is washed she must drink the waste water.

a.
so assuming d bodie r ebola infested d woman go still drink am,wickedneess in d highest order..........
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by whitecat007: 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hmmm! My fear is we have incompetent foools like Jonathan and chukwu something handling these, and can release the corpses through the back door for some money.

Well! Maybe this is what it will take for Nigerians to vote competence next time.
Pangea:

cheesy grin grin
No mind them Jare !
These people and their stubborness!

They should go and read the history of this present outbreak. Its the burial rites that contributed to the ease of spread of the ebola!
Even Sawyer that brought it to Nigeria caught it from the burial of his sister.
FG should on no account allow any corpse to move until this epidemic is over!
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by whitecat007: 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2014
You mean Lagos should make bonfire with them?
BrosPeter: Lagos is dead with this eBola, I would advice Igbo people to leave the corpses in Lagos, let the dead bury the dead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AS Genotype Couples, Please I Need Your Advise / Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak / 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.