Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,908 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death (24897 Views)

Delta Hospital Stockpiles Corpses In The Open (Pictured) / Doctor Claims Pregnant 15-year-old Teen Is Still A Virgin / Breakthrough: Nigerian Rev. Doctor Claims To Have Cure To Hiv/aids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by IamDrock(m): 12:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
It is generally the case that once a person dies, there is only about a three-to-five minute window of potential resuscitation time before he or she becomes irreversibly dead, depending on the cause of death. But an American clinical care physician claims to have come up with a new way to revive corpses several hours after being dead, a process that with future advancements could eventually make it possible to revive the deceased up to 24 hours after death, he says.

Cardiac patients at Stony Brook University Hospital in New York are already a living testament to the success of Dr. Sam Parnia's unusual revival claims. According to the latest available statistics, nearly twice as many patients are resuscitated there every year compared to other U.S. hospitals -- the average resuscitation rate at Stony Brook is an astounding 33 percent, which contrasts sharply with the 18 percent average elsewhere.

So how does it all work? Utilizing the latest available medical technologies, Dr. Parnia carefully cools down the bodies of qualifying "dead" patients and pumps up their tissues with oxygen. This process, he says, prevents them from truly "dying," as it basically just puts their lives on hold and gives physicians time to intercede and work their magic. The process is so effective, claims Dr. Parnia, that it could have revived the life of James Gandolfini, the former star of the popular television series, The Sopranos, who is believed to have died from a heart attack.

"I believe if he died here, he could still be alive," said Dr. Parnia recently to Germany's Der Spiegel magazine. "We'd cool him down, pump oxygen to the tissues ... clinically dead, he could then be cared for by the cardiologist. He would make an angiogram, find the clot, take it out, put in a stent and we would restart the heart."

Every victim of Titanic disaster could have been saved using modern techniques, says Dr. Parnia
These may sound like wild claims, but Dr. Parnia is confident in the power of this breakthrough technology. He is so confident, in fact, that he even wrote a book called Erasing Death, which deals in depth with the subject of so-called modern resuscitation science and how it has the potential to literally change the course of history. If the 1,514 people who died after the Titanic sunk back in 1912 had died today, for instance, all of them could have been brought back to life using modern resuscitation techniques, claims Dr. Parnia, and the catastrophe could have been completely avoided.

"Death can no longer be considered an absolute moment but rather a process that can be reversed even many hours after it has taken place," wrote Dr. Parnia in a recent piece for The Huffington Post. "[I]t is only after a person actually dies that the cells in his body go through their own process of death, which can be manipulated through science."

Though it is not yet possible to bring a person back to life after he or she has been dead longer than about three hours, Dr. Parnia is convinced that advances in resuscitation technology over the next 20 years will make it possible for bodies that have been "dead" as long as 24 hours to be revived. As medical science continues to gain a better grasp on the process of death, it will only become increasingly possible to prevent it altogether.

"We may soon be rescuing people from death's clutches hours, or even longer, after they have actually died," says Dr. Parnia. "My basic message: The death we commonly perceive today in 2013 is a death that can be reversed."
[url=http://]Click Here[/url] For More latest gists/news like this today.
www.huffingtonpost.com/sam-parnia-md-phd/resuscitation-science_b_2767935.html
http://www./news-doctor-invents-new-way-of-waking-up.xhtml

4 Likes

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by emmadiva(f): 12:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
all these one na story i sugest we use the op as experiment

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by nedu2000(m): 12:42pm On Aug 26, 2013
Zombie apocalypse.....the living dead

4 Likes

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by stevecantrell: 12:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
Dr. Parnia is to a large extent correct in his assertion. There are 2 types of death, CLINICAL death where the obvious signs of life eg. Heart beat, pulse and respiratory activity are absent but the brain and central nervous system still viable.
The second, BIOLOGICAL death, is when the brain and other neurons regulating heartbeat and breathing are beyond revival. That is DEATH as we know it.

The technology simply tries to prolong the window of opportunity between clinical death and biological death.

It isn't sorcery or fantasy. It is quite practicable.

31 Likes

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
OMG!!...it rili worked...M XO HAPI 2 B BACK ALIVE

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2013
is it not easier to just take the corpse to t b joshua

5 Likes

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Kx: 1:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
Aurora?

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by TabletMan: 1:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
Nowadays doctors even seek for fame like politicians with their Lame And Rubbish Innovations and Invention

1 Like

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
White man research go lead am to hell o.
#Just saying#

1 Like

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Emmyk(m): 1:37pm On Aug 26, 2013
Kx: Aurora?
cheesy.
Well. Lets wait and see.
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by samuelkaykay(m): 1:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
Tablet Man: Nowadays doctors even seek for fame like politicians with their Lame And Rubbish Innovations and Invention
it is not rubbish,someone in coma can be revived,heart attack victims,is that not enough to convince you that science makes life easier?embrace modern science it will be well with your life.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 26, 2013
Smell front page things. Good discovery

1 Like

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
emmadiva: all these one na story i sugest we use the op as experiment
LOL NA YOU DEM GO USE.. Oo

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
Dike Chimezie: White man research go lead am to hell o.
#Just saying#

But due to his research you can use the Internet right?

8 Likes

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by nora544: 2:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
I know that this is possible in America or europa.

I was clinical death, my heart stand still in an ambulance infront of my house, so they have all in the ambulance to bring me back to life very quick what means that my heart didnot beat for about 3 minutes and this is no miracle.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Coldblooded(m): 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
So if trailer jam person dem go fit revive am? undecided

Smh, they should focus their research more on finding a cure for HIV and Cancer...and not trying to raise the dead cry
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Okijajuju1(m): 4:20pm On Aug 26, 2013
Even I a Native doctor knows this.. angry

We can even ressurect Dead body wey don dey reach 3 years for ground..

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Coefficient(m): 4:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
These people are trying so hard to play God.
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by FaithSA(f): 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2013
Okija_juju: Even I a Native doctor knows this.. angry

We can even ressurect Dead body wey don dey reach 3 years for ground..
shocked shocked
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Decapo: 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2013
I can do this
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by adele004: 4:23pm On Aug 26, 2013
angryOyiinnbbbooo...there is nothing they would not tell you...smh then they should come and revive someone that is crushed by a trailer then

1 Like

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by iamswizz(m): 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
SPEECHLESS

WE FOR DON REVIVE DA GRIN cry

1 Like

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Sunymoore(m): 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
Kulli nafsin xaikatul maut

1 Like

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by ghettodreamz(m): 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
Coefficient: These people are trying so hard to play God.

Play God? For where?

I'm not surprised though, all these are signs that the end is nigh.
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by obagoal128(m): 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
we dey revived body wey don die for 4 years@juju.com angry
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by pobosky20(m): 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
Welcome to the land of the Living-Dead!! Mtchewwwww
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Tolexander: 4:30pm On Aug 26, 2013
They are making improvement. I forsee them waking corpse of 100years in future.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 26, 2013
[size=19pt]
True story. As long as a body is put in stasis (or cryogenic preservation), it is technically possible to reverse death.
[/size]
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by owolabifunke14(f): 4:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
It is medically possible. Don't inject preservatives
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
Perhaps, another consequence of the fruit of life that Adam and Eve ate. tongue

1 Like

Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Jaywilzee(m): 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
Re-start d heart?.... is d button in d pulmunary vein??...lol...well,I'd like to commend dis white folks wu assidously toil day and nyt just to unmask d mysteries of lyf.,,bin dat as it may...if u KPAI(I mean tru die) no amount of oxygen pumpin wil revive U in d nzt 888hours....
Re: Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death by Gcares(m): 4:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
Nkan be.....
shocked

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies! This Guifeibao Pill Is So Superb!! / Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. / COVID-19: Garba Abari Says Chinese Experts Coming To Share Experince Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.