Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,464 members, 7,954,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:04 AM

Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja (1307 Views)

Picture Of A Politician Dressed, And Campaign In Chelsea Kits. / Photos From Jonathan's Campaign In Owerri Today / My Horrible Experience During GEJ Campaign In Abia State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by Nobody: 1:17am On Sep 03, 2014
The Goodluck Initiative for Transformation (GIFT) 2015 has launched its global campaign to ensure President Goodluck Jonathan declares for re-election in 2015, with the hash tag #BringBackGoodluck2015.

At the launch in Abuja yesterday, during its sit-out solidarity programme for President Jonathan at the Unity Square, the group reiterated its commitment towards ensuring the president declared for re-election.

The group pledged that the sit-out which is scheduled to run daily until the president declares to contest the 2015 presidential election, would be a success because “we have the capacity, man power and followership to ensure that the president is re-elected into office.”

Speaking to journalists at the sit-out which had huge crowd, notable speakers and dignitaries from Abuja and its environs in attendance, the National Coordinator of GIFT, Chinedu Okpalanma, said the organisation was now in the second phase of its programmes after the success of its country-wide rallies which ended last month.

“Today, we have officially commenced our daily sit-out campaign for President Jonathan, which will run every day from 3p.m. to 6p.m. to compel the president to declare.

“We have also launched our media campaign tagged: ‘#BringBackGoodluck2015’, which is a social consciousness drive to enable Nigerians identify with our call for President Jonathan to declare for 2015,” Okpalanma stated.

He said arrangements had been finalised to commence the same
sit-out gathering in all the states and local government areas in the country simultaneously from Wednesday to be anchored by their coordinators in all the states, local government areas and wards.

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/group-launches-bringbackgoodluck2015-campaign-in-abuja/187935/.

I'm not comfortable with that campaign title even though I have my personal reservations as per the 2015 permutations. It reminds one of the abandoned #BringBackOurGirls

Fellow Nairalanders, what do you think about this title?
Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by Trut(m): 1:19am On Sep 03, 2014
I will form my Group for GEJ too grin

1 Like

Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by Nobody: 4:00am On Sep 03, 2014
That is the most disgusting campaign to be led by a president of a country with still +200 girls missing some of whom might be dead used as suicide bombers by the evil personified Boko Haram.

I am not even sure who's more evil the president who mocks one of the most painful acts of terrorist in our life or the Shekau guy. This should attract a global out cry if such an idiotic campaign should start.

Stupidity at the highest level!

May God intervene and stop this mockery!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by iluvnaija: 4:52am On Sep 03, 2014
I watched it on TV and I laughed. It obviously looked stage managed, the crowd used don't look like people living in Abuja, the interviews conducted obviously showed they are people from Bayelsa.

Chai!

#BringBackOurGirls

3 Likes

Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by Haywirezzz: 4:54am On Sep 03, 2014
The insenitivity of some Nigerians to the misfortune of their fellow citizens can be quite appaling.

5 Likes

Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by Nobody: 5:26am On Sep 03, 2014
There is no concrete proof that GEJ is leading this group of sycophants.

After, some fool will be telling me that the biggest problem in Nigeria is it's political leaders........BIG FAT LIE!!

The biggest problem in Nigeria, are Nigerians!

The average Nigerian is borderline r*tarded!

Tag: 50calibre

4 Likes

Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by Trut(m): 8:01am On Sep 03, 2014
#BringBackGEJ2015...

1 Like

Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by MeAndYou(m): 8:05am On Sep 03, 2014
Naija too much grin we need offline copyscape in this country.
Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by stebell(m): 8:31am On Sep 03, 2014
Trut: #BringBackGEJ2015...

sure destination Aso Rock.
APC, no vacancy come 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by 50calibre(m): 9:15am On Sep 03, 2014
BananaBender: There is no concrete proof that GEJ is leading this group of sycophants.

After, some fool will be telling me that the biggest problem in Nigeria is it's political leaders........BIG FAT LIE!!

Shut up!! As much as I agree that Nigerians are part of the problem, you can't say the political leaders are absolved of any blame.

As a matter of fact, Nigeria's problems lies majorly with its political leaders past & present, that's a globally acknowledged fact so I don't know what you're on about.

You can't also tell me that Nigerians decide their political future, because they don't. Elections are just a formality, Nigerian democracy is a farce, the people voîce don't count. Nigerians never elected Yar adua, yet he became president.

Nigerians are just victims who've had adapt a range of survival techniques. The average Nigerian is retar*ded because his environment is retar*ded, his government is retar*ded, his education is retar*ded. It's that simple, your environment shapes who you are, you can't reap what you didn't sow.

4 Likes

Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by Horlawoomey(m): 9:22am On Sep 03, 2014
They are fools for staging the campaign near the sober #BRINGBACKOURGIRLS# stand in Abuja..... They are surely going to lose all the money for the campaign when APC takes charge in 2015. Bunch of IDIETs

4 Likes

Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by texazzpete(m): 9:40am On Sep 03, 2014
Very very distasteful and tactless effort by these groups that obviously have the backing of this present administration.

BananaBender: There is no concrete proof that GEJ is leading this group of sycophants.

Say the truth. After you spend the monies that you're paid to post your propaganda, doesn't it make you cringe inside when you turn on the TV and see these stage-managed groups come out with their clownish sycophancy?

As for your initial post, you're clearly lying. There IS concrete proof
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/167623-8000-groups-rooting-for-jonathans-re-election-presidential-aide.html#sthash.OGNc7GAW.dpbs

A presidential aide was talking just two days ago about printing more than 5000 forms to distribute to these sort of groups.

Receiving the report of the panel, Mr. Alkali said contrary to his earlier submission, there were now 8,000 groups canvassing Mr. Jonathan’s entrance into the presidential race and not 3, 000.
“The preliminary observation from the report of the team is that contrary to our earlier position that there were about 3,000 groups rooting for Mr. President, we now have more than 7,000 support groups nationwide all calling on President Jonathan to declare for the Presidential race,” he said.
“Indeed, initially we printed 5,000 forms that were distributed to the NGOs and other Support Groups but the forms soon ran out and we had to print additional 2,000. As I am speaking to you now we have at least another 1,000 groups demanding to be screened.”
The presidential aide said his office would analyse the committee’s report in order to properly reposition the various support groups in readiness for the challenges expected in the build up to the presidential poll.
He said, “We want to assure every support group irrespective of their sizes, from two-man group to 20 million-man group that they are all important to us and we shall carry them along.”
- See more at: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/167623-8000-groups-rooting-for-jonathans-re-election-presidential-aide.html#sthash.OGNc7GAW.dpuf

In the future, we'll use this as an example or thesis of how power can corrupt. From the humble, meek GEJ to the guy giving his tacit approval to this abacha-esque show of shame..months after using soldiers and SSS to deny opposition politicians their fundamental human rights and using the armed forces to seize newspapers.

2 Likes

Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by Haywhymido(m): 11:04am On Sep 03, 2014
#bringbackourgirls b4 we can #bringbackjonadaft

2 Likes

Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2014
texazzpete: Very very distasteful and tactless effort by these groups that obviously have the backing of this present administration.
Say the truth. After you spend the monies that you're paid to post your propaganda, doesn't it make you cringe inside when you turn on the TV and see these stage-managed groups come out with their clownish sycophancy?

As for your initial post, you're clearly lying. There IS concrete proof
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/167623-8000-groups-rooting-for-jonathans-re-election-presidential-aide.html#sthash.OGNc7GAW.dpbs

A presidential aide was talking just two days ago about printing more than 5000 forms to distribute to these sort of groups.

In the future, we'll use this as an example or thesis of how power can corrupt. From the humble, meek GEJ to the guy giving his tacit approval to this abacha-esque show of shame..months after using soldiers and SSS to deny opposition politicians their fundamental human rights and using the armed forces to seize newspapers.

Was it your father that paid me to be in support of GEJ?? If I was a GEJ fan, would I call this group of people spearheading his #BringBackGEJ campaign sycophants?

Thank you, now I know his administration is involved. Doesn't change anything though, the average Nigerian is still borderline r*etarded.

When as GEJ ever been meek?? The same guy that deliberately missed his presidential debate?? Good for y'all that voted him because he had one shoe or whatever that bullsh1t story was.

2 Likes

Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
50calibre:
Shut up!! As much as I agree that Nigerians are part of the problem, you can't say the political leaders are absolved of any blame.

You are a fvcking illiterate!! Say it after me, I AM A FVCKING ILLITERATE.

Now that we both have confirmed what you are, let me address your stup1dity.

I said the biggest problem in Nigeria, not the only problem but the biggest. This often means, among all other problems, the most nauseating and in dire need of attention is the biggest one. In this case, would be Nigerians.

I never absolved past or present leaders from blames. That would make me stupid, but I am not 50calibre. Hence, stup1dity is not in my nature. cool grin grin

Nigerians are just victims who've had adapt a range of survival techniques. The average Nigerian is retar*ded because his environment is retar*ded, his government is retar*ded, his education is retar*ded. It's that simple, your environment shapes who you are, you can't reap what you didn't sow.

Please what makes up this environment?? Do you want to blame land, sea or agriculture?? The environment was started by the colonial masters and finished by Nigerians. Nigerians will never revolt or demand answers from their government. There is this saying that if you push a Nigerian to the wall, he will start digging a hole instead of fighting you back. We are often proud of ourselves that we are suffering.
"Suffering and Smiling" as the saying goes.
The oil subsidy riot was the joke of the century. I have never heard of a riot where musicians and celebrities performed for rioters. People spreading duvet on the road, showcasing their gadgets and forming, 'we too are rioting'.

Nigerians are fine with their political leaders. Wasn't there a recent pole that over 60% of Nigerians wanted GEJ re-elected 2015?? Go on Sahara Reporters or Vanguard, see Nigerians fighting their country people because GEJ was criticized. If Nigerians want change, let them start by changing their mentality and themselves first.
Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by egift(m): 4:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
These sycophants did not participate in the noble cause, now they want to do their thuggery on its glory and fame. What else can we expect from PDP fans.

3 Likes

Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by Truckpusher(m): 4:13pm On Sep 03, 2014
BananaBender:

I said the biggest problem in Nigeria, not the only problem but the biggest. This often means, among all other problems, the most nauseating and in dire need of attention is the biggest one. In this case, would be Nigerians.

I never absolved past or present leaders from blames. That would make me stupid, but I am not 50calibre. Hence, stup1dity is not in my nature. cool grin grin

Please what makes up this environment?? Do you want to blame land, sea or agriculture?? The environment was started by the colonial masters and finished by Nigerians. Nigerians will never revolt or demand answers from their government. There is this saying that if you push a Nigerian to the wall, he will start digging a hole instead of fighting you back. We are often proud of ourselves that we are suffering.
The oil subsidy riot was the joke of the century. I have never heard of a riot where musicians and celebrities performed for rioters. People spreading duvet on the road, showcasing their gadgets and forming, 'we too are rioting'.

Nigerians are fine with their political leaders. Wasn't there a recent pole that over 60% of Nigerians wanted GEJ re-elected 2015?? Go on Sahara Reporters or Vanguard, see Nigerians fighting their country people because GEJ was criticized. If Nigerians want change, let them start by changing their mentality and themselves first.
..............*Spreads mat while sipping my free zobo from iya' tunde* grin
Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by azimibraun: 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
I know it cant be true so let me not even worry myself to talk much about it. Becouse if its true, then its like scoring a 93rd minute own goal in a world cup or champions league finals. DISASTROUS!!!!!!!!
Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by ImHotepX: 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
BananaBender and 50calibre

I was going to call it a day when I saw this thread.

I think the both of you are right. Both the government and the people are responsible for the woes of Nigeria.

Government: in as much as Nigeria is just a mere geographical expression/location on a map occupied by Nigerians - the government since its inception started the systematic destruction on the mentality of the people. And the fault-lines for sentiments were further instilled into the psyche of the people with creating a centralised system that never bothered to analyse how the country would work, and create a dialogue on the way forward for the different ethnic nationalities - and how to douse the fears of ethnic domination over the other. That was how sycophancy, and tribal sentiments were planted into Nigerian mentality. I'd wager that a lot of these sycophants do whatever they do based on that.

Then, you have to also consider how a long period of military dictatorship enmeshed permanent fear in the minds of the average Nigeria. I believe that affected the people so much that it has become a vicious cycle - and failure has become part of the everyday life of the day. And once you throw faith and always hoping, rather than going out to what you want and your entitlement into the mix, then you should get a better picture. Also, once you look at the education system, created by the government, and how it has failed the people - you definitely can't absolve the government for creating this vicious cycle of destruction. People more time are just a product of the environment.

People: in as much as the people are also those who make up the government, perhaps, you should blame the system for systematically destroying the people, who end up becoming the government. However, it's also difficult to absolve the people since we live in an age where information is universal with globalisation. And accessing information and enlightenment, has never been by easier in real time in history humanity. So, it's the responsibility of the people to be able to self-educate themselves on what's right and what their entitlements are, devoid of sentiments, and stand collectively against tyranny and whatever destructive forces are holding their collective destiny to ransom. So, blaming the people for their insensitivity, selfishness, and aversion to change, is also right.

Hotep!

Ciao!

2 Likes

Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by ogbronx(m): 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
ImHotepX: BananaBender and 50calibre

I was going to call it a day when I saw this thread.

I think the both of you are right. Both the government and the people are responsible for the woes of Nigeria.

Government: in as much as Nigeria is just a mere geographical expression/location on a map occupied by Nigerians - the government since its inception started the systematic destruction on the mentality of the people. And the fault-lines for sentiments were further instilled into the psyche of the people with creating a centralised system that never bothered to analyse how the country would work, and create a dialogue on the way forward for the different ethnic nationalities - and how to douse the fears of ethnic domination over the other. That was how sycophancy, and tribal sentiments were planted into Nigerian mentality. I'd wager that a lot of these sycophants do whatever they do based on that.

Then, you have to also consider how a long period of military dictatorship enmeshed permanent fear in the minds of the average Nigeria. I believe that affected the people so much that it has become a vicious cycle - and failure has become part of the everyday life of the day. And once you throw faith and always hoping, rather than going out to what you want and your entitlement into the mix, then you should get a better picture. Also, once you look at the education system, created by the government, and how it has failed the people - you definitely can't absolve the government for creating this vicious cycle of destruction. People more time are just a product of the environment.

People: in as much as the people are also those who make up the government, perhaps, you should blame the system for systematically destroying the people, who end up becoming the government. However, it's also difficult to absolve the people since we live in an age where information is universal with globalisation. And accessing information and enlightenment, has never been by easier in real time in history humanity. So, it's the responsibility of the people to be able to self-educate themselves on what's right and what their entitlements are, devoid of sentiments, and stand collectively against tyranny and whatever destructive forces are holding their collective destiny to ransom. So, blaming the people for their insensitivity, selfishness, and aversion to change, is also right.

Hotep!

Ciao!
Very true!
Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by 50calibre(m): 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
BananaBender:

Loooool it's either you're not a Nigerian or you're ill-informed about Nigeria. It has to be one of these, because you sound so freaking dumb & clueless like your president Jonathan.

So if you're at a conference & you're called up to give a speech on the causes of problems in Nigeria, you'd tell people the masses are the biggest problem? After such speech, a sane Nigerian in the audience will take you to a corner and smack you on your bum for chatting nonsense.

I had a very stressful day today, so I'm in no mood for a drawn out argument especially with someone who lacks proper understanding of Nigerian politics or politics in general. However I will drop you a few points.

Do you think all Nigerians are the same?

By Environment, I mean infrastructure and amenities (schools, hospitals, roads, electricity et al) how will people who lack the basics, develop mentally? The government keeps the people retar*ded.

A Government isn't a single person, it's a system which comprises of different branches and several people. Nigeria's corruption which starts at the very top, trickles down to the different public institutions.

Nigeria's present state is a culmination or after effect of different events in Nigeria's history, this includes amalgamation, colonisation, coups, series of corrupt military dictators, civil war(s) et al

The fuel subsidy which drew protests was actually a recommendation by the IMF, protest were bound to have little or no effect just like Occupy Wall Street.

A revolution in most cases cannot topple a democratically elected government, besides Nigeria is not Egypt or Ukraine or Libya, Nigerians got neither the will nor stomach for a revolution, some are too comfortable to care, while the rest are too hungry. what they want is food, not death. Any revolution will end as soon as food stuff and goodies arrives.

And if you believe that 60% approval rating for Jonathan is for real, then you're very naive. Those figures were cooked up, same way monetary figures are inflated for private pockets.

The voice of Nigerians count for nothing, they don't elect their leaders. I asked you before, did Nigerians elect Yar adua?

Go and educate yourself on Nigeria.

IN the meantime, feast your eyes on the following.

Below are a list of your leaders who have greatly enriched themselves at the expense of the common Nigerian.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2387359/Nigeria-country-corrupt-better-burn-aid-money.html

http://www.huffpost.com/ca/entry/5686842

2 Likes

Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
50calibre:
IN the meantime, feast your eyes on the following.

Below are a list of your leaders who have greatly enriched themselves at the expense of the common Nigerian.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2387359/Nigeria-country-corrupt-better-burn-aid-money.html

http://www.huffpost.com/ca/entry/5686842

Where is Gen Muhammadu Buhari name in this SQUAD OF LOOTERS?.......

Lailai......You cant see his name amongst the 40 Thieves!

1 Like

Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 03, 2014
@50calibre: I'm not excluding past or present leaders.

I'm tired too. You're like the average Nigerian. You'll blame the government, you'll blame a witch in your village, you will blame other tribes, in fact you'll blame everyone else before you look within.

The problem starts with you and you. LoL cool

3 Likes

Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by 50calibre(m): 11:26pm On Sep 03, 2014
BananaBender: @50calibre: I'm not excluding past or present leaders.

I'm tired too. You're like the average Nigerian. You'll blame the government, you'll blame a witch in your village, you will blame other tribes, in fact you'll blame everyone else before you look within.

The problem starts from you and you. LoL cool

Shut up!! I'm not an average Nigeria in anyway. You don't even understand your country, that's why your views are so myopic and one dimensional (just like your naive support for homosexuality) You lack an understanding of what democracy or accountability to the people means.

Nigerians are one of the most hardworking people on the planet, that's why they excel in different parts of the world.

Go study Nigeria properly, study it's history and it's present, (those links will be a good place to start) then come back so we can talk because as it is now, it's like flogging a dead horse. You're not assimilating what I'm saying.

Go to Nigeria and tell the unemployed graduate that he not his government is the cause of his problem... That's if you're brave enough.

$20b NNPC fund went missing earlier this year, think of things that money could do.

1 Like

Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
50calibre:
Shut up!! I'm not an average Nigeria in anyway. You don't even understand your country, that's why your views are so myopic and one dimensional. You lack an understanding of what democracy or accountability to the people means.
Nigerians are one of the most hardworking people on the planet, that's why they excel in different parts of the world.
Go study Nigeria properly, study it's history and it's present, (those links will be a good place to start) then come back so we can talk because as it is now, it's like flogging a dead horse. You're not assimilating what I'm saying.
Go to Nigeria and tell the unemployed graduate that he not his government is the cause of his problem... That's if you're brave enough.
$20b NNPC fund went missing earlier this year, think of things that money could do.

I don't understand Nigeria, I don't know it's history, I'm ignorant about democracy/accountability, I'm myopic and one-dimensional.

All you know how to do is run your worm-infested mouth. Shut your face already!

This argument is pointless because at the end of the day, we both agree that Nigerians and their leaders are not blameless.
Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by aljharem(m): 11:38pm On Sep 03, 2014
smh. is this the focus of a so called group. this country is going to the dogs
Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by 50calibre(m): 11:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
BananaBender:

I don't understand Nigeria, I don't know it's history, I'm ignorant about democracy/accountability, I'm myopic and one-dimensional.

All you know how to do is run your worm-infested mouth. Shut your face already!

This argument is pointless because at the end of the day, we both agree that Nigerians and their leaders are not blameless.

Lol here comes the feisty, foul-mouthed shollypopz I know hahaha

You better watch that tongue with your husband, so he doesn't beat you to death grin

It's all good though

1 Like

Re: Group Launches #bringbackgoodluck2015 Campaign In Abuja by Nobody: 2:29am On Sep 11, 2014
When this thread was created, some people never believed that campaign move from GIFT was a bad idea. You can see now that the presidency has found it inappropriate. .... We see a bad political move from a distance even though we are not yet politicians.... 2015! I have my reservations... God bless Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Recapture Bama Town / Will There Ever Be ONE AFRICA? Pros And Cons - 2014 Edition / Mr Ibu For 2015 Election? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.