Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff (35190 Views)

Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court / SSS Probes Sheriff Over Alleged Boko Haram Sponsorship / Boko Haram Sponsorship: We’ve Been Vindicated – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Eldavido1: 11:50am On Sep 03, 2014
Former Borno State Governor, Ali Modu Sheriff has denied claims by Australian negotiator, Rev. Stephen Davis that he is one of the major sponsors of the sect.

Sheriff said he was instead one of the first victims of Boko Haram and that the Jihadist group started before his tenure as Governor.

He spoke in an interview with New Telegraph.

His words: “The Boko Haram war as we know it today, started in 2002 in Yobe State. The first attack of Boko Haram was in 2002 in Kanama, from there they ran to Borno State. And in 2002, where was I? I wasn’t a governor. There was a sitting governor in Borno State, and there was Boko Haram. They ran away from Kanama and moved to Gwoza hill.

“But come to think of it, who is Mohammed Yusuf ( first leader of the group)? Yusuf had been in Maiduguri, doing his preaching and later taken to court by the Federal Government, and prosecuted in Abuja, ever before I became a governor. And who was the first casualty of Boko Haram in Borno State? It is me.

“I was the first victim of Boko Haram in Borno State. In their first attack, they killed my brother, the same father and mother with me. That was when they fought with the military in Borno.

“The first casualty was me. Then, they killed my cousin. They killed my candidate for governorship; they killed my party chairman. Two of them were direct relations of mine. Why did they do that? Because I made a law prohibiting Boko Haram in the domain of Borno State.

“The law said anybody practising or associated with what Boko Haram was doing, was banned by law from so doing, and if caught, will be prosecuted and jailed for 25 years.”

Sheriff said Davis’s allegations were baseless and senseless.

“The man that purportedly gave the interview said he was an Australian, who said he came to Nigeria, and spoke to Boko Haram. I thought that really, if he is a professional mediator or negotiator, or whatever he calls himself, his report would have been given to the security agencies of Nigeria. That is number one. Number two, also, if at all he spoke to Boko Haram, before making his views public, he should have known that I have a right of reply. He should have asked for my reaction or views on his findings, because I am a Nigerian, I am in Nigeria, I didn’t go anywhere. Number three, I was the governor of Borno State for eight years”.

www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/boko-haram-sponsorship-allegation-my-story-modu-sheriff

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by bbello28(m): 11:52am On Sep 03, 2014
Story 4 d gods grin who is he telling Bat grin

57 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 03, 2014
We need to give Sheriff the chance to Air his own side. I recall that the Governorship Candidate of ANPP in 2011 and Party Chairman were murdered.

Someone is pulling a string somewhere

38 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Eldavido1: 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2014
barcanista: We need to give Sheriff the chance to Air his own side. I recall that the Governorship Candidate of ANPP in 2011 and Party Chairman were murdered.

Someone is pulling a string somewhere

SAS may have used BH to win his reelection. But to say he is sponsoring BH activities just doesn't add up. BH have severally identify him as their number one enemy and always request for his arrest as a precondition for peace. With time more truth will unfold.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
Eldavido1:

SAS may have used BH to win his reelection. But to say he is sponsoring BH activities just doesn't add up. BH have severally identify him as their number one enemy and always request for his arrest as a precondition for peace. With time more truth will unfold.
SAS cannot be absolved for the activities because he created it. It is shameful though. But the continuous sustenance of BH I am not sure. Whats Up with Ali Ndume? why no one is talking about him?

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 03, 2014
barcanista: SAS cannot be absolved for the activities because he created it. It is shameful though. But the continuous sustenance of BH I am not sure. Whats Up with Ali Ndume? why no one is talking about him?

Sen Ali Ndume dey gidigba......was he not one of the persons who accompanied the Emir of Gwoza to Aso Rock recently? Where our intelligence bereft C-In-C asked a most belly churning,infantile question?

https://www.nairaland.com/1885029/where-gwoza-sef-gej-asks

Jonathan is a curse upon our collective psyche with his deliberate but serpentine way of leading this country.....Will it not do this country a world of good if he acts Presidential for once and investigate the weighty allegations of the Australian who he commissioned to act on his behalf?

34 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2014
PDP - Power to the Demonssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss grin

“The first casualty was me. Then, they killed my cousin. They killed my candidate for governorship; they killed my party chairman". The truth is coming out small-small. Which means he needed to fortify himself and create his own group. angry

This ex-governor dey oh. Imagine creating his own faction and colonising everywhere since 1900AD.

Before this page hits frontpage, Jona should just arrest him NOW grin

But Jona would not because he needs the support of the North ahead of 2015 presidential elections. grin
He does not care about other State elections only Presidential elections. grin
Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin

30 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by nickxtra(m): 12:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
What was existing before you became a Governor were just mere non radical islamic fundamentalists, some of whom you later regrouped for your electioneering campaign purposes and when you won and became the governor, you abadoned them; then they had grown, sophisticated and uncontrollable and had weapons bought with monies from your sponsorsip. If you had become a victim of them, I think it was because you did not finish what you started with them. Please go and answer to what you really know about terrorists.

50 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by thwarrior72: 1:44pm On Sep 03, 2014

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Eldavido1: 2:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
barcanista: SAS cannot be absolved for the activities because he created it. It is shameful though. But the continuous sustenance of BH I am not sure. Whats Up with Ali Ndume? why no one is talking about him?

Senator Ali Ndume represent Borno south federal constituency from Gwoza village. He is a Christian who converted to Islam. All is other four siblings, Daniel, Diana, Martha and Naomi with his mum magdalene are Christians. He was arrested by the SSS in 2011 of sponsoring BH cause one BH member Aliyu umaru Sanda kadunga name him as a source to some politicians fone contact. Note all these occurred after GEJ named him in august 2011 as a member of a presidential committee to find a solution to BH problem in borno. The dates of his contact and communications with certain members of BH started after he was named in the committee. He claimed his involvement with them was purely to find a solution concerning the crisis accordance with the resolution of the committee to dialogue with BH. Though the case is still in court, the SSS could not get any additional evidence to indict him other than does said fone contacts.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
Eldavido1:

Senator Ali Ndume represent Borno south federal constituency from Gwoza village. He is a Christian who converted to Islam. All is other four siblings, Daniel, Diana, Martha and Naomi with his mum magdalene are Christians. He was arrested by the SSS in 2011 of sponsoring BH cause one BH member Aliyu umaru Sanda kadunga name him as a source to some politicians fone contact. Note all these occurred after GEJ named him in august 2011 as a member of a presidential committee to find a solution to BH problem in borno. The dates of his contact and communications with certain members of BH started after he was named in the committee. He claimed his involvement with them was purely to find a solution concerning the crisis accordance with the resolution of the committee to dialogue with BH. Though the case is still in court, the SSS could not get any additional evidence to indict him other than does said fone contacts.

God Bless you for this info

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
Boko Haram as part of there demands asked that Sheriff be arrested.

Why??

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Eldavido1: 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2014
noblezone: Boko Haram as part of there demands asked that Sheriff be arrested.

Why??

When Senator Ali Modu Sheriff (SAS) wanted to contest the 2003 Borno governorship election, he needed thugs and youth organisations to serve as campaign machinery. So he contacted Mohammed Yusuf the late BH leader who agreed to campaign for him but with a promise SAS will implement total sharia in borno state. After he won the election SAS appointed a member of BH Buji Foi as commissioner but refused implementing total sharia in the state. That didn't go down well with Yusuf and BH. Buji Foi subsequently resign his position as commissioner in protest. SAS reacted by outlawing BH, demolish their mosque and started arresting their members. This led to escalation in the crisis with subsequent drafting of the military to quell it by late president Musa Yar’Adua. So BH always have this hatered for the dude, feeling betrayed by him.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Donmarrius: 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
Eldavido1:

My brother,one million likes,for this comment.
People are just being unnecessarily stupid,and hence,has thrown their thinking faculty,to the pigs.
People just swallowed the trash of this Australian,perharps it cos' he is a 'white man',and everything he says,is right.
Can't blacks think for once?.
Do people think that,boko haram will truly tell this man,who is sponsoring them?.
By the way,is the Australian a kinda 'god',that will make boko haram reveal the 'real truth' to him?.
One thing we mustn't forget in a hurry,is that,both men,whom boko haram lied to be their sponsors,in other to be punished,are boko harams arch-enemies.
I can vividly recall when boko haram,was asking the government,to prosecute Ali Modu Sherrif,and they will stop.don't people make use of their common sense anymore?.If Modu is boko haram sponsor,how can boko haram demand his prosecution earlier before now?.
The same Ihejirika that decimated boko haram,is being fingered by boko haram,and people wouldn't know that this idiots,are playing the script written to them,by some people,who are hell bent on tagging Gej incompetent,by making the country 'ungovernable' for him.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by size38: 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ali Modu sheriff claimed that Boko Haram has been in existence b4 he became the governor. In another case, Azuibike Ihejirika claimed that Boko Haram activities has been going on long B4 he Joined the Army and eventually became the COAS. GEJ on the other hand, has equally claimed that he has been hearing about this Boko Haram when he was still a lecturer in College of Education port harcourt, long b4 he ventured into politics. So who is responsible? How come since d destruction of life and properties by Boko Haram, no one of their sponsors have been identified and prosecuted? Those that issues orders from above in Nigeria should search their souls because this is no longer funny. Several boko haram members have been arrested and detained in prison yet the government cannot get information from them about their funding? I mean this is not funny at all.

23 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by oweniwe(m): 6:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
Eldavido1: Former Borno State Governor, Ali Modu Sheriff

see his fat mouth and neck like cowbell

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by kadas01(m): 8:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
These men have used their selfishness and self-centeredness to destroy the peace of this country!!

I feel so pained about the happenings in the land!!

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
Eldavido1:

When Senator Ali Modu Sheriff (SAS) wanted to contest the 2003 Borno governorship election, he needed thugs and youth organisations to serve as campaign machinery. So he contacted Mohammed Yusuf the late BH leader who agreed to campaign for him but with a promise SAS will implement total sharia in borno state. After he won the election SAS appointed a member of BH Buji Foi as commissioner but refused implementing total sharia in the state. That didn't go down well with Yusuf and BH. Buji Foi subsequently resign his position as commissioner in protest. SAS reacted by outlawing BH, demolish their mosque and started arresting their members. This led to escalation in the crisis with subsequent drafting of the military to quell it by late president Musa Yar’Adua. So BH always have this hatered for the dude, feeling betrayed by him.

then it means the mentioning of his name as a sponsor is a revenge strategy na

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by yuzjet(m): 10:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
See gobe
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Idrismusty97(m): 10:02pm On Sep 03, 2014
oweniwe:

see his fat mouth and neck like cowbell
Show us your mouth! smiley

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Sermwell(m): 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
Save your story for the gods!!! grin

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by LaurelP(m): 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2014

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by DaWorshiper(m): 10:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
You never talk true yet.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 03, 2014
Not to worry....God will expose you all...it has started!

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by texaco1: 10:09pm On Sep 03, 2014
What makes ppl believe that australian anyway?is it because he is a white man or what? He makes unfounded accusations and everyone suddenly believe him,noone is questioning his points or comments?naija is a crazzy country

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by kamez(m): 10:09pm On Sep 03, 2014
Most criminals always make the "Not guilty" plea.. So I don't expect u to admit sir.

Besides all these allegations really. Suck. Hard evidence guys dats what we need or u guys should go and sleep

Obviously there is no hard evidence against this guy, else SSS would have arrested his asss long ago.. So dat australian guy might have been high on weed when he made his allegations withou PROOF

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by sirjohnson(m): 10:10pm On Sep 03, 2014
That Australian guy isnt real again o. He just said that the U.S are also guilty on Boko Haram. Read that one Here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by NwaNimo1(m): 10:10pm On Sep 03, 2014
24th to comment . . ..

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Buchukwu: 10:10pm On Sep 03, 2014
Just kill this man whether he is guilty or not atleast he is nt beta than those that died.

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by dridowu: 10:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
if he does not know them , then who are those sponsoring boko haram ? SAS and Ali Ndume must be scrutinize very well if we are to get rid of boko haram in Nigeria

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari To Complete Zik Mausoleum / What Tinubu Told Senators, Rep Members In Lagos Meeting / Yari Attends Buhari’s Inauguration With Governor’s Seal On Official Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.