Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff (35188 Views)

Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court / SSS Probes Sheriff Over Alleged Boko Haram Sponsorship / Boko Haram Sponsorship: We’ve Been Vindicated – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Rawani: 12:54am On Sep 04, 2014
meforyou1: didn't the name him as one of their negotiators?

So you'd believe BH will want to link themselves with Gen Buhari as their sponsor only to raise eyebrows and stop their funding? Is that not the logic you used to dismiss the Aussie?
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by flyingdutchman(m): 1:12am On Sep 04, 2014
The Man has a very valid point!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by ridgeman: 1:20am On Sep 04, 2014
Words are cheap it's real evidence that matters. Unfortunately BH is making inroads like ISIL. Maybe after Maiduguri falls then we will wake up, but hope is not lost the military can still win if they simply recognize they are now dealing with a civil war and treat it as such. No amount of pussy footing will work until then. Nigeria is at war...
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 1:23am On Sep 04, 2014
Do these guys take us for fools? The truth is if they expose their real sponsors, then they (the sponsors) gets arrested, when they get arrested, their funding stops, and when funding stops, their bloodthirsty cult crashes. Having settled that, i think what we need to do next is to invite that australian mumu to come and explain to us why 'he thinks' he can make a fool of us.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by playboy19(m): 1:25am On Sep 04, 2014
Abeg enough with all the back and forth about who is or who is not the sponsor of BH jor. Even it is certainly this guy and the former COAS, what can the toothless dog in the state house do about it? Ofcourse nothing. This guy denying it is just a formality, not cos he's afraid of being prosecuted or anything. So all the arguments and counter-arguments makes no sense.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by arsetalks(m): 1:26am On Sep 04, 2014
barcanista: We need to give Sheriff the chance to Air his own side. I recall that the Governorship Candidate of ANPP in 2011 and Party Chairman were murdered.

Someone is pulling a string somewhere
You are indirectly telling us he will say "yes the allegations are true"? Nah he won't. The FG should do the right thing. Let the international courts which the FG and Sheriff can't easily compromise come out and investigate him.

He could be innocent and he could be guilty too.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by arsetalks(m): 1:31am On Sep 04, 2014
noblezone: Boko Haram as part of there demands asked that Sheriff be arrested.

Why??
If you use me and dump me I will find a way of revenge.
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by omenka(m): 1:45am On Sep 04, 2014
meforyou1: didn't the name him as one of their negotiators?
Oh really?? And when the militants in the Niger Delta named Soyinka as their negotiator, that made Soyinka a sponsor of militancy, yeah?? When Obj offered to broker truce between them and them and the government, that made him a sponsor, yeah?? I was even expecting a slightly intelligent response from you, but it seems you guys are all thesame.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by omenka(m): 1:57am On Sep 04, 2014
Eldavido1:

I don't think you've ever caught me posting "Buhari is BH sponsor". I am not one of those bunch of emotional GEJ supporters. I believe in evidence. BH has once included Buhari as one of their target including the Sultan and some prominent northern personalities. But Buhari's problem started when the named him as one of their negotiators with the federal government during thier early days making people to raise eyebrows. And with his subsequent persistance In defending their actions during does early period, it wasn't difficulty to see why pdp easily roped the whole thing round his neck.
Can you show me anywhere Buhari defended their action?? Why can't you guys say same of the president when he declared that they are "his brothers and children"?? Why the selective branding?? Why didn't anyone say Soyinka is a militant when he was named as their negotiator?? When MEND bombed Eagle's square and the president came out to openly EXONERATE them, why ddnt anyone scream "Jonathan is a militant"?? It is just thesame old sh*t of trying too hard to demonise the General in order to make him a hard sell to the electorates.

All what has been said about Buhari has been said simply because he has interest in becoming the president, and the corrupt elite know what would become of their enterprise should someone like him become the president!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by abdulaz: 2:16am On Sep 04, 2014
The monsters they created is back to haunt them, why are they scared?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by sammondonpoint(m): 2:36am On Sep 04, 2014
This one is strong

Who should we now believe

God should just have mercy on us in this nation
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by hercules07: 2:48am On Sep 04, 2014
Amodu Sheriff, Goje of Gombe, Isa Yuguda all used Boko Haram to win elections, they all sponsored the activities of the group until Yar'Adua moved against them, they were all sponsors and are the architect of BH. BH in its current incarnation is a vehicle that serves the interests of so many, it serves the interest of Generals who need to amass wealth, they are getting rich on embezzling defence money, they will never pray for BH to go away; it serves the interests of politicians who are pro and anti jonathan, the only people suffering from this is the people directly affected.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by teaseryoh: 4:04am On Sep 04, 2014
y d acusation now that he as decamp 4fm APC.hmmmmmm APC @ wrk

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Rawani: 4:25am On Sep 04, 2014
One of the easiest way for me to doubt a person is when they decide to fool themselves with crocodile tears. I can't believe he shed tears during his defense. What is cry-worthy about defending yourself from such a weighty allegation? The same man that was threatening to slap BAT at a meeting.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-GVMiGDWj0RQ/VAepYnxqgSI/AAAAAAADeVo/MSfdmW1mqgo/s1600/10628159_10152248063367703_1626055585583757309_n.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by hakir(m): 4:58am On Sep 04, 2014
I believe BH gets their funding from blackmails. It could be that most top politicians secure their lives by paying security levy to BH. Is SAS still threatned by BH today? or is he paying his security levy too. Politians love live and power and will do anything to hand on to it. We have heard human sacrifice by them so what will it take to spend part of the looted funds to buy a life from BH

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by san316(m): 5:19am On Sep 04, 2014
Everybody associated with BH must be arrested. Past, present and future sponsors. Perceived and confirmed. Living and dead. Citizens and foreigners. Known and suspected. Sheriff and Ihejirika.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by banki(m): 5:39am On Sep 04, 2014
If the australian had mentioned elrufai or tinububor buhari most of us hear would have organised street protests calling for thier prosecution

I also never knew that ihejirika was a pdp member.....its a shame that people now see things from an apc pdp pointof view

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by dat9jaguy(m): 6:11am On Sep 04, 2014
As ordinary citizens i believe we don't have all the facts and even the wherewithal to judge who is saying the truth and who is lying.My opinion is that as citizens it is our duty to pressure the relevant authorities to conduct a serious investigation into the allegations and act accordingly.
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Caseless2: 6:12am On Sep 04, 2014
Eldavido1:

SAS may have used BH to win his reelection. But to say he is sponsoring BH activities just doesn't add up. BH have severally identify him as their number one enemy and always request for his arrest as a precondition for peace. With time more truth will unfold.
this might be the reason they want to implicate him cos i can't believe boko cud jst come out reveal their sponsor jst like that. Again , they(boko haram) indicting him might also not be unconnected to the fact that he used them and dumped them. He even made law banning their activities; and he created a ministry of islamic/religious affair and made a boko haram member a commissioner. SAS hand no pure!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by arewanationz: 6:18am On Sep 04, 2014
Caseless2: this might be the reason they want to implicate him cos i can't believe boko cud jst come out reveal their sponsor jst like that. Again , they(boko haram) indicting him might also not be unconnected to the fact that he used them and dumped them. He even made law banning their activities; and he created a ministry of islamic/religious affair and made a boko haram member a commissioner. SAS hand no pure!

We also need to know who ordered the execution of Mohd Yusuf and why?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Caseless2: 6:31am On Sep 04, 2014
arewanationz:

We also need to know who ordered the execution of Mohd Yusuf and why?
he made that happen to cover his dealings.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by IYANGBALI: 6:32am On Sep 04, 2014
Op thanx for the photograph,he sure looks like one of them.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by IYANGBALI: 6:36am On Sep 04, 2014
Rawani: One of the easiest way for me to doubt a person is when they decide to fool themselves with crocodile tears. I can't believe he shed tears during his defense. What is cry-worthy about defending yourself from such a weighty allegation? The same man that was threatening to slap BAT at a meeting.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-GVMiGDWj0RQ/VAepYnxqgSI/AAAAAAADeVo/MSfdmW1mqgo/s1600/10628159_10152248063367703_1626055585583757309_n.jpg[/img]
original crocoDIE tears

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by M0GIDI: 6:48am On Sep 04, 2014
banki: If the australian had mentioned elrufai or tinubu or buhari most of us hear would have organised street protests calling for thier prosecution

I also never knew that ihejirika was a pdp member.....its a shame that people now see things from an apc pdp pointof view

Those names won't be mentioned, boko haram members are not fools, they'd rather divert attention somewhere else, their plan is actually working.
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 04, 2014
Modu sheriff is an haramite tears or not... . hand himover to me ffor just 48 hours he will call another press conference saying an entirely different story!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by dad007(m): 6:54am On Sep 04, 2014
litetias: In the article he is quoted as saying they killed his candidate for governorship. My question is are Nigerian politicians that arrogant that they can blatantly boast that they have candidates that they foist on the people? In developed climes no one dares make such a statement because it goes against the very principles of democracy. Hence the saying, only in Nigeria.
I thought I was the only one that noticed it. sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by lalax(m): 6:57am On Sep 04, 2014
Oga Sheriff shut-up joor.... I served in borno state (2008), Mafa LGA to b precise and during dIs period dis BH guys were seen moving in pick-up vans... Den wen u ask an indigene of d state who dis pple are, dey will say "Alimodu boys" dat he uses dem as politcal thugs... Even d chairman of Mafa LGA den was serving his 7th straight tenure as chairman of d LG as at dat time... Who knows if he is still there??... Noboody "get liver" to contest election against him becos he was SAS boy(same tin wit all other LG chairmen of d state);and u wey cross mind contest against any of his candidate, I believe u d reading dis already know what will happen... d negotiator is 100% right.... Dis SAS man gets receives all LG allocations and only pay LG workers salary wenever he feels like paying.... I have 2months outstanding allowee dat was never paid becos SAS decide to use all LG allocation for d 2 months.... I beg I no fit continue to talk wetin I experience for dat state...

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Afolabi78: 7:18am On Sep 04, 2014
But one tin i know is that many b/h member had been caught and they seize many gun from there hand, the ss could trace the maker of d gun and know the person who bought those gun from them. d account they used 4 purchasing the gun and trace how those gun get to there hand. through that they be able to identified the sponsorer of boko haram. all this allegation can not prof it but this process can give us real evedence. I hope d nigerian govt have resource to do d investigation but i know they will do it . GOD help nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Nctrice(m): 7:30am On Sep 04, 2014
barcanista: I recall that the Governorship Candidate of ANPP in 2011 and Party Chairman were murdered.

Someone is pulling a string somewhere
who else? If not APC and its desperate propaganda machineries!
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Pain(m): 7:56am On Sep 04, 2014
It pains me that in all these rants the name of Mallam Buji Foi is all but forgotten. Bozos blinded by crass bias!
Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by Smooyis(m): 7:59am On Sep 04, 2014
Eldavido1:

When Senator Ali Modu Sheriff (SAS) wanted to contest the 2003 Borno governorship election, he needed thugs and youth organisations to serve as campaign machinery. So he contacted Mohammed Yusuf the late BH leader who agreed to campaign for him but with a promise SAS will implement total sharia in borno state. After he won the election SAS appointed a member of BH Buji Foi as commissioner but refused implementing total sharia in the state. That didn't go down well with Yusuf and BH. Buji Foi subsequently resign his position as commissioner in protest. SAS reacted by outlawing BH, demolish their mosque and started arresting their members. This led to escalation in the crisis with subsequent drafting of the military to quell it by late president Musa Yar’Adua. So BH always have this hatered for the dude, feeling betrayed by him.
Your analysis does makes some sense to me. In think the man started what he could not complete. This seems to be the genesis of the whole thing. I dont know why the govt is so timid when it comes to investigating crimes committed in the land. If for no reason, at least we and the coming generation will learn from where we have got it wrong. I love GEJ but i just feel betrayed by some of his actions and those of his aides. He should show more courage in tackling issues of BH and corruption in the land.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

IGP Arase, Obi, Ahmed, Others May Be Sacked- Daily Trust / Throwback Photo Of Sambo Dasuki And His Father, Late Sultan Dasuki / Amaechitapes Trends In Nigeria As Omokri Releases New Audio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.