Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. (1430 Views)

Buhari Holds Meeting In Abuja, May Declare State Of Emergency In Rivers / Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date / Jonathan May Concede Defeat Soon - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 3:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
Politicians, who are eying the Presidency in 2015, are putting finishing touches to declare their intention, The PUNCH has learnt.

Among them are President Goodluck Jonathan; a former military Head of State, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.); former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and the Governor of Kano State, Alhaji Rabiu Kwankwanso.

According to the timetable released by the Independent National Electoral Commission, party primaries will start on October 2, 2014

Ahead of the Peoples Democratic Party’s presidential primary, investigations by our correspondent showed that the President’s declaration is expected to come up at the end of this month or early in October.

Already, some governors, especially from the South-South, South-East and North-Central, are preparing for the declaration, which a presidency source said, would be “earth-shaking.”

One of the governors involved in the arrangement, told our correspondent that the date for the President’s declaration was being worked out.

He said it was likely that the declaration would not come before the declaration of those who are ready to contest the seat with the President either in his party, the PDP, or in the opposition party, the All Progressives Congress.

He said, “The preparation is ongoing. It will come either at the end of this month or early October.

“So, those who want to contest the ticket with him in either the PDP or the APC should get ready. The President and his team are ready.”

The source, however, said both the President and his team are expecting stiff opposition from the a North-East and North-West, where he said the candidature of the President was not favourably being received.

As part of the declaration plan, the Presidency ordered the screening of all the groups supporting the re-election of the President.

Also, supporters of Buhari are eagerly waiting for him to return to the country from his trip overseas this weekend and round off his consultations in preparatory to his declaration.

Buhari has contested for the position three times, but has failed to win.

A former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Alhaji Umaru Dembo, who like Buhari, is a member of the APC, said the former head of state would definitely contest for the party’s sole ticket.

Also, a former governorship candidate of the defunct Congress for Progressive Change in Enugu State, Chief Osita Okechukwu, told our correspondent that Buhari would meet some notable national leaders of the APC next week in continuation of his ongoing consultation.

On his part, Abubakar is considering to declare his presidential ambition on Wednesday, September 24. As part of the preparations, sources close to his campaign office at Jabi, Abuja said several venues were being considered for the declaration.

Some of these venues include the Eagles Square, Sheraton Hotel, Hilton Hotel, Yar’Adua Centre and the National Stadium.

Atiku’s spokesman, Mallam Garba Shehu, refused to speak on the matter when contacted.

“I can to confirm or deny any date now. But what I can tell you is that the former Vice President will definitely contest,” he said.

Kwankwanso is said to have concluded arrangements to formally declare for the presidency as he is said to have nearly concluded his nationwide consultations which he embarked upon on his presidential ambition.

Already, posters of the governor have been pasted in strategic locations in many states with such inscriptions as ‘Kwankwaso for national assignment.’ Already, 34 members of the APC at the Kano House of Assembly have endorsed his ambition.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-may-declare-in-october/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 4:41pm On Sep 03, 2014
Go ahead, we're with you.

#TeamJonathanTill2019

#BringBackOurPresident.

8 Likes

Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by priscaoge(f): 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
You have my vote! grin

#TeamGEJtill2019

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by feedthenation(m): 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
The worst open-secret ever in the Nigerian political scene.

Everyone knows GEJ will contest for the 2nd term and he's perfectly entitled to seek re-election.

But will he win is another permutation still yet to be decided, as some parts of the North-East are gradually been given new identities.

1 Like

Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
feedthenation: The worst open-secret ever in the Nigerian political scene.

Everyone knows GEJ will contest for the 2nd term and he's perfectly entitled to seek re-election.

But will he win is another permutation still yet to be decided, as some parts of the North-East are gradually been given new identities.
He will win.

5 Likes

Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
In action and deeds, he has declared already. This's no news!
Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by obailala(m): 5:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
feedthenation: The worst open-secret ever in the Nigerian political scene.

May God help us before 2015 with a new candidate cos as it stands now, GEJ happens to be the only candidate in that election shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by tomakint: 5:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
Sai Goodluck Ebele Jonathan till 2019! Bloody haters can drink Gamalin 20 cool

6 Likes

Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 5:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
obailala:

May God help us before 2015 with a new candidate cos as it stands now, GEJ happens to be the only candidate in that election shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 03, 2014
Who cares?! If the average Nigerian has resorted to selling her soul for a bag of rice, and praising some semi-illiterate politician for doing his job, then give me one reason why I shouldn't just focus on my business and become a mogul. Celebrating mediocrity. SMH
Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by realborn(m): 7:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
Indecisiveness and delegating responsibilities to others have been the main character of our supposed beloveth President.

A man that cannot take a position on his own destiny, how is he expected to lead or decide on our behalf?

When the covert charade is over, he would saunter to public glare to unwillingly declare his ambition and hinge same on the decision of marauders disguised as pressure groups seeking for his re-election based on their pseudo surreal achievements.

I eagerly await May 29, 2019 for a new charismatic leader with the right intellectual acuity to take over from Mr President!
Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
enigmaotr: In action and deeds, he has declared already. This's no news!
He declared from the 2nd week he became President.
Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 8:20pm On Sep 03, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: He declared from the 2nd week he became President.
What's wrong with that?

4 Likes

Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
right behind the president.
#Sai Gej..
#Gej till'19

2 Likes

Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by ratiken(m): 8:47pm On Sep 03, 2014
There is no stopping him...... GEJ till 2019

Even his enemies knows same

2 Likes

Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by Brahms(m): 8:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
tomakint: Sai Goodluck Ebele Jonathan till 2019! Bloody haters can drink Gamalin 20 cool
Coming from a Scarface and low-lifer.

We will vote out that Rétard and y'all ásslickers will fade into thin air.

Change2015

1 Like

Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by Brahms(m): 8:53pm On Sep 03, 2014
Rexxie: right behind the president.
#Sai Gej..
#Gej till'19

That explains it! grin grin Right behind him.. Sucking his wide arse!! cheesy
Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
Brahms:

That explains it! grin grin Right behind him.. Sucking his wide arse!! cheesy
right. n make no mistakes diickhead, am coming right for ur rapping arsse as well...as its obvious u've bloody traded its place with ur mouth...
Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by eposho: 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
declaration of the clueless one. y may , I prefer WILL.
Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
Brahms: Coming from a Scarface and low-lifer.

We will vote out that Rétard and y'all ásslickers will fade into thin air.

Change2015
idle_arsse n jobless piece of shiit..that was what u miserable losers farted n said '11..'15's just @da corner n know wha'punk,u losers r gonna once again,eat back da huge shiits u failures r busy lumping now...
Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by Olyboy16(m): 9:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
Rate GEJ's performance! Its on and live!! Follow the NL version of the recent NOIpolls here: https://www.nairaland.com/1885853/poll-rate-dear-presidents-performance . Let your own opinion count.
Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by jking001(m): 9:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
GEJ 2015

1 Like

Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by atlwireles: 9:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
realborn: Indecisiveness and delegating responsibilities to others have been the main character of our supposed beloveth President.

A man that cannot take a position on his own destiny, how is he expected to lead or decide on our behalf?

When the covert charade is over, he would saunter to public glare to unwillingly declare his ambition and hinge same on the decision of marauders disguised as pressure groups seeking for his re-election based on their pseudo surreal achievements.

I eagerly await May 29, 2019 for a new charismatic leader with the right intellectual acuity to take over from Mr President!

After all your noise, you conceded defeat cheesy

2 Likes

Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by nigerianvenom(m): 9:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
PhockPhockMan: He will win.

With a wider margin so that some ex military men will resume their crying practice
Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 10:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
nigerianvenom:

With a wider margin so that some ex military men will resume their crying practice
THE CRYING HAS STARTED ALREADY.

4 Likes

Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by realborn(m): 8:05am On Sep 04, 2014
atlwireles:

After all your noise, you conceded defeat cheesy

Defeat?? Am I in a contest with Mr President? Are you averse to a better leadership than what we have now? Or is this the best ever you have ever dreamed of? I am praying for a new charismatic leader with the right brain capacity, knowledge and understanding to do needful at the apposite time and you categorize that as noise making and acceptance of defeat?

My reference to 2019 is because that is the maximum the present President can stay if he bends all apparatus of government just to get a re-election. Think outside the box my brother. It is not all about 2015 as everyone is falling over and above for. Wisdom behoves on us to think beyond 2015, 2019, 2023 etc. This is called vision and it is the basis for every emerging great nation today.

I am sure you understand better now. The expression of folly is unnecessary. smiley

1 Like

Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 10:07am On Sep 04, 2014
realborn:

Defeat?? Am I in a contest with Mr President? Are you averse to a better leadership than what we have now? Or is this the best ever you have ever dreamed of? I am praying for a new charismatic leader with the right brain capacity, knowledge and understanding to do needful at the apposite time and you categories that as noise making and acceptance of defeat?

My reference to 2019 is because that is the maximum the present President can stay if he bends all apparatus of government just to get a re-election. Think outside the box my brother. It is not all about 2015 as everyone is falling over and above for. Wisdom behoves on us to think beyond 2015, 2019, 2023 etc. This is called vision and it is the basis for every emerging great nation today.

I am sure you understand better now. The expression of folly is unnecessary. smiley
The performance of the president may not be to your expectations, but the fact remains that Nigerians have never had it so good.

#TeamJonathanTill2019

#BringBackOurPresident
Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by atlwireles: 1:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
realborn:

Defeat?? Am I in a contest with Mr President? Are you averse to a better leadership than what we have now? Or is this the best ever you have ever dreamed of? I am praying for a new charismatic leader with the right brain capacity, knowledge and understanding to do needful at the apposite time and you categories that as noise making and acceptance of defeat?

I am sure you understand better now. The expression of folly is unnecessary[b]. smiley

I only restated your own words.
Re: JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture. by comos: 2:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
you don win, carry go.

(1) (Reply)

5,555 MW Plant To Be Commissioned In Cross River, Says Jonathan / Ijaw Threatens, Jonathan Calls Off EPZ Commissioning (vanguard Newspaper) / The Masses Are Silly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.